• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ask Roy Boards Thread (Roy Tactical Discussion.)

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I should probably update the first post as well as the title of this thread at some point.

Continuing the plagerism from the marth and peach forums:

Title explains the purpose of the thread. Or we hope so anyway.

Please try and make a significant number of the questions Marth Peach Roy related to prevent the thread from being closed due to spam.

Other questions are welcome and encouraged though.

I will edit some of the better question and answers to this first post. Maybe. Probably not.

If we feel your question is not legit or worth answering, we will likely answer it with a heavily sarcastic comment. These will probably be the answers most worth reading.
Since Sethlon and I are the two Roy forumers most likely to give out useful advice, we decided we'd make a thread where you could come ask questions and hopefully cut down on the gazillion other random threads the Roy forums see.

To be updated later:
General Roy strategies, character matchups, etc.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Ok, First questions.:

how the heck am I suppose to deal with samus? My friend should be placing up a video later on tonight of us(my roy sucks bad but Im willing to get better...MUCH better) to give you guys a betterview on things.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i'm not exarch or sethlon, but how i deal with samus is a lot more grabbing and smashes than normal, seeing as how her CC game will destroy any DED or aerial lead-ins. she's so heavy that there's virtually no knock-back. dtilt still works wonders, imo, because although you can't combo too much off of it, you can get in a flare blade and chase her since she's slow in the air. well, hope that helps, but exarch and sethlon are better than i am with roy, so you should probably listen to them, lol.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Gah, sorry, I'm off visiting relatives at the moment =/ I'll try to post some stuff up on fighting samus sometime tomorrow.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
against samus as mentioned, i wouldn't do DED as much, but I'd still try to snag her out of the air with the first hit of it (although short hop nair is probably better, but sometimes you dont have time) sometimes and continue the combo if it connects. with DI and depending the damage, alot of the times she'll float out of your reach. take advantage of your range and disjointed hitbox. Alot of samus's abuse that nair because of its priority, but you have a sword, so you can override the nair happy samuses. samus moves about as fast on the ground as you do, but in the air, you can move faster, try to predict her aerial pursuit and get a good nair in on her. Nair is probably the best aerial to use on her because its the only one with good knockback. anything else and she'll barely go anywhere and probably come down with her nair. use dtilt of course, and f-tilt.

also if you get her to high damages above 160 (which might happen often since she's so hard to kill) try to go for the downsmash or upthrow for a quick kill on most tournament legal stages.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Okay, I'm settled down now.

*clears throat*

Roy on samus, simply put, is a pain in the ***.

First off, do NOT approach carelessly. Samus's crouch cancel -> downsmash ***** roy like no other. Mess up even a little bit on the spacing of an aerial, don't time and space DED perfectly, and its a free 16% on you, and then you have to struggle to get back to middle ground. Roy absolutely cannot afford to trade hits with samus' downsmash; it does more damage than you'll end up doing, and samus will live waaay longer than you will. For the most part you want to be approaching with grabs and (as always) spaced downtilts.

Samus's projectiles are a pain, but they can be gotten around. Use fair/nair/standing A to slap missles away, or you can simply duck underneath them (as long as they aren't fired close to the ground, from jumping or falling off of a platform or whatnot). In general you want to stay just out of range of samus' down smash...if she shoots a missle, you can fair/running attack her out of it, if she releases a charged blast you have enough time to shield, and if she running attacks you its a free crouch cancel -> dtilt/fsmash. Alot of my matchs against samus are sitting just outside their range, patiently poking with dtilts, until I can get the samus impatient...and once she starts coming to you, its all roy.

Roy's forward throw is suprisingly good in this matchup. Fthrow, dash forward a little bit, and then you can get a free aerial off of samus' slow double jump when she tries to get away. And then, she has no double jump, so its party time with roy's ****storm of uairs/nairs/fairs. If they start wising up, and either nair with their double jump or DI away and tech, you can just wait and then uair after her nair ends/tech chase.

Finishing samus off can be a pain. Don't be afraid to jump out and swing a fair/flareblade at her when shes floating in place for her bomb jumps, just make sure that getting back to the stage takes higher priority than hitting her...if you do hit her and then fall to your death, she'll likely just make it back to the stage anyway. Downsmash, as Janitor mentioned, does work as a pretty nice kill move, since it sends her straight up, so she can't utilize her rediculously long recovery. Upsmash can work too, if shes at a high percent and on a platfor orcoming down at you with a nair or something.

Upthrow is a pretty good kill move too. Since the upwards knockback on throws works by falling speed rather than weight, upthrow is tasty. The approximate % at which upthrow kill samus is as follows: Pkm Stadium= 155%; Yoshi's Story= 147%; Green Green=, 133%(!); Final D= 160%; Battlefield = 168%.. Big stages like Dreamland/Knogo/Japes, she won't die till around mid 190s. These percents are also without DI, but since shes at such a high percent you can beat on her a bunch before throwing her, so it shouldn't make that much of a difference. Also, if you can catch her on a platform, the upthrow will kill about 15% earlier (so at about 118% on green greens, lol).

Keep in mind that you also don't want to be to up close on her shield, because her upB out of shield will pretty much go through every move roy has at close range.

...well, I think thats about all I got. Just stressing it one more time though, you simply can't lose your patience in this match. If you rush in constantly, you will lose.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
sometimes I play with my friend who uses Luigi, and Luigi's so annoying I want to create a blackhole and throw him in it. what are some combos/techniques that I can use?

exarch

doot doot doot
A little more on the Samus matchup, but Sethlon said most everything.
  • Roy's DED will destroy missiles, unlike Marth's.
  • Try to keep samus just at that range where she's uncomfortably close but not too close.
  • If Samus likes to shield, stand out of the upb range right outside her and wait. Most will spotdodge and you can Fsmash the end lag.
Luigi is another one of Roy's "counters"
  • When luigi jumps, his side to side aerial movement is TERRIBLE. Outspace him and stop his aerial with an overb (or whatever your preference is). You can then either finish the first few hits of the overb or immediately go into shield (to block luigi's sex kick) and shield grab.
  • Luigi on the ground is a problem, because CCing doesn't get you very far. I hope Sethlon knows more of what to do here, because he seems to be able to WD in between roy's dtilts. Maybe platform play is a good idea in this match... hmmm
  • DI Luigi's throws behind him, unless he's bthrowing in which case you should be able to change your DI in time.
  • You can always jump off with a flare blade when he's recovering, but otherwise learn to edgehog.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
For Luigi, IIRC, I'd suggest never meeting him in the air unless you have a Flare Blade ready for him. I think I remember shff'led uairs were effective too, although risky because of the large priority on Luigi's nair.

For Samus, don't charge. If at all, slowly approach. Cancel out missles using neutral A. Grab Samus to avoid Roy's problems with CCers. I like Flare Blade in this matchup too, but I like Flare Blade.

Note, I haven't played Roy competitively in 2 years (and I wasn't that good 2 years ago either way). If Sethlon or Exarch contradict any of what I said, listen to them. They probably know what they're doing better than I do.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
how about match-ups against doc?

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I don't understand why you didn't put my name in the Ask Stuff. I'm the best roy in DALLAS! - Legit Question.

Answer you two. Or I SWEAR. I can and have the power to have this thread DESTROYED.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't see a single question mark in that post.

Aside from the claim that you've yet to take without dispute, I think getting banned once each month would make it hard for you to respond to people in a timely manner that this thread would require.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I don't see a single question mark in that post.

Aside from the claim that you've yet to take without dispute, I think getting banned once each month would make it hard for you to respond to people in a timely manner that this thread would require.
True, I made a declaration and didn't ask a question because it was a ... okay I chose the wrong punctuation, so sue me. Anyways; I can still answer questions o_o I'm always unbanned in a quick manner =]

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Take Luigi to BF if possible. His recovery will be hit hard, and you will be free to spam shuffld uairs and land supsmashes whenever he chooses to land on either of the lower platforms.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
[*]Luigi on the ground is a problem, because CCing doesn't get you very far. I hope Sethlon knows more of what to do here, because he seems to be able to WD in between roy's dtilts. Maybe platform play is a good idea in this match... hmmm
Yeah, luigi's downsmash pretty much ***** roy. You want to be playing very careful when hes at low %, because he can pretty much CC -> downsmash anything you throw at him. Don't spam dtilt too much, because luigi can wavedash in and out fast to dodge the 'tilts and then its a possible dsmash/dthrow. You want to be getting him in the air with throws/careful dtilts, and then slap at him alot with your longer ranged aerials. Platforms can help too, they'll give you even more aerial maneuverability if you use them right.

*cough* sorry, forgot about this question. I blame RoK.

Doc is a weird match up, but not too hard once you get used to fighting him.

The main thing in this matchup is range. Doc suffers from a pretty short range for alot of his attacks, so you want to be playing on the fact that roy has a sword and all the range that comes with it. DED and dtilt are great pokes, but watch out for his dsmash.

Doc's pills can be a pain, but don't let them intimidate you. You can slap them away with neutral A tap/fairs. (Actually, you can slap them away with fsmashes too, and since it'll clink with the pill, there won't be any lag on the fsmash. I dunno if that could be useful or not, other than the good range you can slap pills away at). If the doc tries to pills rush you alot, you can always counter the pills.

Roy's grab game on doc is the usual. Fthrow tech chases as always, and doc is a pretty nice weight to dthrow -> fsmash. You want to be DIing doc's throws towards his back to avoid his dthrow -> fsmash, but be ready to DI the other way if he starts winding you up for a backthrow.

Another big thing in this matchup is that more than ever you do not want to get knocked off the stage, even a little. Doc's bair and cape can take a stock in a blink even at low %s. UpB'ing early and curling towards the edge can sometimes knock him out of the cape set up. If he grabs onto the edge, you want to save your jump until you get close...if you think hes going to fall off and bair, double jump above it and then UpB back the the stage. If you think he'll double jump backwards off the edge before bair'ing, fast fall and then double jump -> upB quickly to get back to the edge before him.

Edgeguarding doc isn't all that hard though. You want to be grabbing the dge the second you get him off, to force him to upB onto the stage (unless you've knocked him far away). Doc can't vary his UpB much at all, so you should be able to tell if hes going to UpB onto the stage or try to get the ledge from you. If he goes for the ledge, roll and take the stock. If hes spaced to get up onto the stage, just press up to do the regular ledge stand up...if you time it right, your invlunerability will keep you safe from his upB, and then its a free dtilt (if hes at low % and you want to rack up more damage) / downthrow (if hes at medium % and you want to try to finish him off) / fsmash (if hes at a high % and the smash will kill him even with him being knocked all the way across the stage).

If Doc's recovering from a long ways away, hes gonna want to be using his downB. Wait for his last little spin, and then jump out with a flareblade to take his double jump from him, and then its an easy edgehog kill.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Exarch, you were talking about shieldgrabbing Luigi, which I do. it works pretty well. but I don't really know what to do after that. Luigi is extremely floatie with impressive aerials, so most grab combos don't work.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i space luigi a lot, even after grabs. nair can interrupt you if you aren't careful, so i usually fthrow into flare blade/other aerial or mindgame(simply waiting to see if he's going to dj or tech.) just make sure you space your attacks properly, or you're eating a juggle. i usually like keeping luigi in the air, as he's a slow target, and you don't have to worry about his deadly dsmash. also, i have my own question for you. how do you guys handle peach? i play XIF a good bit with Roy, and it seems to be an uphill battle for Roy. i come close a lot of times, but i need pointers

technomancer

Smash Champion
Against Luigi, the best thing to do from grabs is usually upthrow and improvise, you don't want to compete with his priority and generally fast recovery time. Upthrow uptilt, for instance, can work at very low percents, and bait a wasted 2nd jump.

You also want to keep him spaced with ALOT of fairs and jabs (jab has more knockback than red DED and a good range too). Don't hang out at the edges of platforms because Luigi will just go over you with a quick waveland, that sort of thing.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Is it true Sethlon that i only need to use 3 moves to win with roy?

This crazy white boy from down the street keeps telling me thats all you ever need

how is this?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord

This crazy white boy from down the street keeps telling me thats all you ever need

how is this?
it's impossible to win with Roy, no matter how many moves you do LOL.

anyway, if those three moves are DED, Dtilt, and SHFFL, then I guess so, but you'[d have to be good.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So my bread and butter with roy is

DED
D.Tilt
and SHFFL

not like, shffl f.air, just flat out SHFFL.

/me scratches his head

I thought i was doing something wrong. :/

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer

how is this?
Velox is a madman :rotfl:
Dtilt, DED and fsmash are really good, but without all his other stuff to back it up it'd be pretty suicidal. Well, more suicidal than usual. You know what I mean.

why hasn't everyone given up roy yet?
I actually did for like a year :lick: Playing gimpyfish and other people at FC6 with roy was too fun though. (You probably already know this :embarrass)

how do you guys handle peach? i play XIF a good bit with Roy, and it seems to be an uphill battle for Roy. i come close a lot of times, but i need pointers
Peach is a ho ;_; Pretty much the entire match is just trying to keep her at sword's length away while simultaneously dealing with turnips. You really can't safely approach her at all, because of her priority and absolute **** CC -> dsmash.

So when she approaches you (which you should be making her do), you want to dodge her likely turnip, and then just wait. If she comes in with a floated fair, use ftilt to slap her away (its fast and hits decently high). If she running attacks, either shield -> grab or crouch cancel -> grab (downthrow -> fsmash can work at low %, and the rare forward/downthrow -> DED spike can sometimes randomly put you a stock ahead) /dtilt (rack up damage)/dsmash (kills at about 100% on most stages). If she starts running in with grabs, dtilt her, she has to get in really close thanks to her crummy grab range.

The main thing about her approaching you though, is that she EVER gets within dsmash range (which is bigger than you might think), run away. Get the hell out of there. Anything you throw out at her either comes out slower or can be crouch cancelled into her down smash, which is a free 20%+. It always makes me want to cry when i slap a peach around with like 8 attacks and then they dsmash twice and I've got higher %. Its not worth the risk, just run away and make her approach you again.

Shes floaty, so as usual, get her in the air and tap at her alot. Just don't get too close, her nair hurts.

Odds are she'll be living until high percents, because roy really doesn't have anything to edgeguard peach with. Dsmash is an excellent kill move (just don't miss <.<), and upthrow will kill at around 170% on most stages (a bit lower for pkm stadium and yoshi's story, alot lower for green greens).

...and i believe thats all i've got.

exarch

doot doot doot
I want to echo Sethlon's mention of the spacing in this match. Just keep Doc off you and you'll be ok. And don't get grabbed.
Exarch, you were talking about shieldgrabbing Luigi, which I do. it works pretty well. but I don't really know what to do after that. Luigi is extremely floatie with impressive aerials, so most grab combos don't work.
You're exactly right. If anything I just beat him, throw him and take the 10% that comes with it. Luigi has awful sideways movement in the air, so it is POSSIBLE to upthrow him and try not to let him down. Roy has a sword, so he SHOULD win in the air, but one mistake and he's in a world of hurt. It's better than making a mistake on the ground though.
also, i have my own question for you. how do you guys handle peach? i play XIF a good bit with Roy, and it seems to be an uphill battle for Roy. i come close a lot of times, but i need pointers
Honestly? I don't. I suck against peach with every character. Take Sethlon's advice. Otherwise try to maintain the normal roy spacing. You can dtilt -> dair spike combo her (Neo's combo), and sometimes fair her 15x across the stage. She's got to be at the right height for that though. GL with this match. From the other side, i tend to think Peach's easiest matchup is roy.
why hasn't everyone given up roy yet?
Cause some people wouldn't be winning tournaments even with good characters, so they might as well play low tier...?

Also some recent videos of mine if you want to watch against Renth's Ganon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YhmupLFVHE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be2ydw-hSCI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnnBizGh3NA

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ey yo. i got 2 roy questions (i hope i have questions. >.>)

If you DED somebody, and like, the first hit connects, but the second one gets blocked (Because you're slow, stupid, etc), is it better to continue the DED or stop?

Like, is there a later hit that will get you out of shieldgrab range? (Like Down on the 3rd hit?)

How do you edgeguard somebody who goes below the stage?

I was thinkin ledgehop b.air, but is that safe? >.>

exarch

doot doot doot
Down on the 3rd hit generally pushes Roy out of shield grab range, unless it's against marth roy or sheik... (probably some other characters too), or unless they angle your shield towards you (which renth does to me)

As for stopping the DED early, I use too much of it too often myself, changing the number of hits Roy uses on the DED is one of his most important changeups.

Against someone who goes below the stage, i try to fsmash or flare blade their sweet spot.
Roy can jump off the edge with both bair and flare blade and recover, but it's generally a bad idea.
However sometimes i just jump off the edge after them with a flare blade (which i do to link in the Good vs Evil matches of mine).
The safest way to edgeguard with roy is to force them on the stage, get up and fsmash them back off. Or just say on and try to wreck their sweetspot.

Anyone with AR want to check the difference between aerial flare blade and grounded flare blade for me?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Anyone with AR want to check the difference between aerial flare blade and grounded flare blade for me?
Off the top of my head, the aerial flare blade has a much bigger arch, because it sweeps below roy instead of stopping at ground level. Its possible to short hop flare blade and have the tip of the swing go underneath the edge of the stage a little bit and hit sweetspotters, but the timing is hard.
I'm pretty sure that other than that they're the same...

Like, is there a later hit that will get you out of shieldgrab range? (Like Down on the 3rd hit?)
Like exarch said, third downB will push them away from you. Also, you can instead do over -> over-> over -> and then finish it with down, the stabs pull you way forward and will often poke through shields. ( this might especially work on renth, Exarch, with him pulling his shield towards you ;) )

How do you edgeguard somebody who goes below the stage?

I was thinkin ledgehop b.air, but is that safe? >.>
Ledgehop bair works, but its pretty situational. Personally, I absolutely love running of the edge -> fastfall a little -> double jump + fair, shiek style. Works wonders on marth's overB.
You could also counter their recovery, if its any of the chars you can do that on.
Tipped down tilts are amazing too, since you're too far back to get hit. And actually, a tipped downtilt doesn't send them as high up, so it'd be possible to tip downtilt -> wavedash fsmash/tilt. Or jump up and flare blade (charge it a little in the air, if you can) to push them out further or if they go to high for ftilt/smash.

exarch

doot doot doot
Off the top of my head, the aerial flare blade has a much bigger arch, because it sweeps below roy instead of stopping at ground level. Its possible to short hop flare blade and have the tip of the swing go underneath the edge of the stage a little bit and hit sweetspotters, but the timing is hard.
I'm pretty sure that other than that they're the same...

( this might especially work on renth, Exarch, with him pulling his shield towards you ;) )
That's what I thought, about the aerial blade. I've had a couple times where it hit sweetspotters, and the animation is different, but i wasn't sure about the hitbox.

I'll have to try out the 4th downward hit. I always seem to get grabbed even if i hit with it, but i'll see how it works.

Hey we made it to page 3! (My page 2!)

Sethlon, what does B.S.Crew stand for?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'll have to try out the 4th downward hit. I always seem to get grabbed even if i hit with it, but i'll see how it works.
Yeah, its not flawless, but i find it works a good amount. A lot better than just getting grabbed. Revised has started reverse-upB'ing my roy with marth whenever I try it, lol.

Sethlon, what does B.S.Crew stand for?
Stands for the Brothers of Smash Crew. Its the crew I started out in, which kinda died, banner is like 3 ****in years old, lol. I pretty much just wanted something in my sig with roy in it, and I like the nostalgia of having the old banner.

In large; how well does Roy do on moving stages?
Uh, I'm not 100% sure. The few matches i've played on rainbow cruise usually went pretty well. 'Cruise or Poke Floats might be a good stage to counterpick peach, its pretty easy to get one good fsmash for an early kill.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I usually have trouble playing against my friend's super aggro shiek he does chaingrab, dash, up tilt, fair; kills me at mid percent. I already know ded works wonders on shiek expessially since my friend doesn't cc too much and d/b throw to f-smash is good but any thing else?

oh, and I should have some vids up soon, and I'll record some when I go to the carbondale tourny also

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Dtilt. throw in a SHFFLed Nair. that's all Roy can do against Shiek pretty much. the advice that takes paragraphs is what Roy shouldn't do.

Renth

Smash Hero
quick stage discussion.

I play with Exarch enough to understand Roys stage advantages/disadvantages. Roy does extremely well in small areas but if at anytime he misses an aerial or just about any of his attacks it doesn't boad well for him. I simply cannot beat Exarchs roy on FoD no matter where you are Roy can get a firm grasp and combo you all over to death, especially since his edge guarding (f smash/flare blade) are really hard to tech.

on Final Destination Roy IS a fox counter because fox cannot run away on the platforms all day. Vs. a character like ganon on FD Roy has a much harder time comboing/pressuring into getting the oppoent of the ledge. Roys combo game on FD is alright tons of room to chase.

One of roys biggest flaws imo is his aerials are almost all crap. his f air is like patting someone on the back, you know just enough to make them turn around but not actually cause any damage.

anyway, over all i think FoD is Roys best stage by far.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I usually have trouble playing against my friend's super aggro shiek he does chaingrab, dash, up tilt, fair; kills me at mid percent. I already know ded works wonders on shiek expessially since my friend doesn't cc too much and d/b throw to f-smash is good but any thing else?
Against shiek, you want to crouch cancel everything. And I mean like everything. CC -> dtilt ***** all of her tilts. Don't let her get in too close, downsmash/grabs hurt, keep her away from you with dtilt and DED spacing. She falls moderately fast, so fthrow works nice for tech chasing at mid to high percents. Dtilt -> fsmash can work at like 0%, too.

If the shiek chaingrabs alot, DI straight up to get to platforms/double jump out faster.

Don't let her get you far off the edge, her needles and bair edgeguarding destroys roy.

If you get her off the edge, get to the ledge as fast as you can, to force her to recover onto the stage. Then you can ledge roll/waveland up for a free fsmash.

Don't let her get you impatient with needles. If they start spamming them, don't be afraid to approach, but don't get reckless, one shield grab can easily mean a stock off of you.

Towards Renth:

Yeah, I could see FoD being a great stage against ganon. I would not advise using it against pretty much any other character, though. Peach can dsmash **** on lowered platforms, Marth can easily fsmash tip you from a fthrow/upthrow onto platforms, falco can pretty much just dair over and over again onto and off the platforms, the platforms make it easier for shiek to move around, etc. And FoD's blast zones are actually pretty far out, you can't reverse upB kill a jiggly on that stage, even if they don't DI, and Yoshi's is much better for getting early fsmash kills.

FD is a GREAT fox counterpick stage, but its not good enough to be a flat out fox counter. Roy's chaingrab is amazing, but its nothing that fox doesn't see outside of marth (other than not being able to shine him out of it at the 20% point).

An' yeah, roy's aerials pretty much suck. =/

exarch

doot doot doot
The only thing that saves Roy against sheik is her lack of approach. If she tries to get close to Roy, he just needs to swat her away. Dtilt is oh so nice.

If Roy does approach, he needs to be sure he's spaced the dtilt to almost its tipper range, or crosses up any other approach. Even perfectly spaced aerials can be SG'ed.

About fthrow tech chases, if Sheik DI's away and techs away from Roy, her tech is too long for Roy to fsmash in time. She will get her shield up before he can get there (unless the stage runs out). If she spotdodges make note of that and fsmash her next time you fthrow her.

----

FoD

IDK what I think about taking Marth or Peach or Falco here, but FoD is Roy's best stage against sheik (Neo beat DSF on FoD in an MLG) because he gets out of CGs much sooner.

As far as Jiggs go, I'm a big fan of FoD against her because I think it's an even match even without reverse blazer (not on DL) and FoD is such a good Roy stage. I 3 stocked a Jiggs on FoD twice at a recent smashfest (The jiggs has beaten QDVS in tournament and 3 stocked me on DL, so don't go thinking he's a bad player).

And I feel equally competent against Fox on FD and FoD. But that's probably because I don't practice the CG enough to get it 100%.

Top Bottom