• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Chip.

you know what to do
Nope =)

Her Z drop turnip comes out in one frame (as well as young Link's and Link's bombs which come out just as fast).

It's like young Link's fastest option out of the sheild (jump out of sheild -> Z drop is 6 frames total) but I'm not sure if Peach has faster options out of her shield than a jump -> Z drop.

I've been experimenting quite a bit with this against Fox's drillshine to see if this can neutralize drillshining. Of course if the Fox does a perfect fast fall in a shuffled Dair against the sheild, then young Link will get hit by the Shine (since he's jumping) but the bomb will still hit Fox; basically meaning they're trading hits.

stuff's real

Cia

das kwl
you guys are definitely talking about my two mains.. yaay

cort - other than as a method of recovery, do u ever recommend use of peach's FowardB??

chip. - while young link is not holding a bomb, what do you recommend as the best possible defense against a Nair shffling fox??

swf - do you think peach, YL, and Ice climbers covers every possible match up so that every round will most likely be even or advantageous??

Cort

Apple Head
No, over B is completely useless besides recovering.

Also that combination isn't very good against any of the top tiers really.

Chip.

you know what to do
Throw a little Fox/Marth/Sheik/any other higher tiered charachter and your good =)

Cort..

How do you view posts in single post mode?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
um curt i was wondering how do u unlock master hand, my frend said he had it is there a code or sumthin thanks in advanced

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
darc please stop trolling off topic in threads thank u very much this is ur first warning

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
even though all my posts are invalidated because everybody hates blue peach, I was wondering what method you used for retreating fairs while floating? I don't know how to do it without using the claw, and I hate the claw.

Illos

Smash Apprentice
You play the same characters as batman with the same colors, is this more than a coincidence?

Chip.

you know what to do
use the c-stick while holding the jump button? with my second thumb?
Yeah with your palm I suppose =/

Or just learn to use the Y/X button with your thumb (like normal), DI back with the control stick but be quick to push the control stick forward to unleash the Fair in a subtle motion without giving way in a forward DI.

C'mon, don't be johning with whatever method and just learn it through practice >_>
choose whatever method you prefer and master that method correctly and stuff.

. . .The most accurate way would probably use the claw style though.

i don't know how you guys concentrate on how you hold your controller, i just play
true

but that's because you use your brain to control the controller lmao

Magus420

Smash Master
For some floated aerials like retreated float f-airs I just slide my right index finger from resting on the R trigger over Z and down and onto the Y button, and then pressing/holding Y using the side of my finger while using the c-stick with the right thumb. It's simple and fast enough that I can hold the controller normally, but also be able to quickly reposition my one finger to be able to do them like that when the situation calls for it.

Chip.

you know what to do
For some floated aerials like retreated float f-airs I just slide my right index finger from resting on the R trigger over Z and down and onto the Y button, and then pressing/holding Y using the side of my finger while using the c-stick with the right thumb. It's simple and fast enough that I can hold the controller normally, but also be able to quickly reposition my one finger to be able to do them like that when the situation calls for it.
that's the claw style we were talking about lol :laugh:

Magus420

Smash Master
I always considered the claw grip as having your wrist/palm rotated more downwards to press the buttons with the fingers more like one would playing arcade style. Here, it's just sliding the one finger downward in the same position and also holding the controller exactly in the same manner otherwise.

Chip.

you know what to do
Hmm, well I always thought the claw style originated from Halo players in which you take the right index finger and rest it on the side of a button (in this case the Y button on a GC)

Oh well, doesn't really matter :)

trademark0013

Smash Champion
even though all my posts are invalidated because everybody hates blue peach, I was wondering what method you used for retreating fairs while floating? I don't know how to do it without using the claw, and I hate the claw.
i use x to jump and the side of my thumb for A
Hmm, well I always thought the claw style originated from Halo players in which you take the right index finger and rest it on the side of a button (in this case the Y button on a GC)

Oh well, doesn't really matter :)
yea same here

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
mew2king doesn't use mewtwo.... go all mewtwo in tourney you tier *****.... lol. seriously... i didn't want to post cause it was too sexy with cort pc and m2k all posting consecutively....

tips on how you float cancel out of shield.... i didn't think it was possible. i normal just short hop n-air.... :\

more precisely lol...how do you do it... as in buttons pressed, fingers... all the stuff everyone just said is stupid to think about.

is using b-airs hitbox.. going forward a bad idea?

tips of breaking a habit of dash attacking. like peach is slow and often people get away easily... and umm it seems they can just run away completely or if they want cc it in time to **** me. but it feels like if i dont do some attack quick i aint gonna hit em.... at times.

am i the only one who occasional tried to dash attack really fast and f-tilts... :( ?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

CanISmash

Smash Lord
gee i wish someone *cough* cort would answer my questions.

more ?'s ..

ummm ice climbers, when you get grabbed down throw re grabbed down throw chaingrabb nonsense.... wtf do you do other than rapidly masturbating your controller? thanks. and any general icies tips if you got a link of it, cause im guessing you prolly mentioned it in this 100 page topic.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
ummm ice climbers, when you get grabbed down throw re grabbed down throw chaingrabb nonsense.... wtf do you do other than rapidly masturbating your controller? thanks. and any general icies tips if you got a link of it, cause im guessing you prolly mentioned it in this 100 page topic.
Stay in the air. you win. Nuff said.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
i bet it can too you *******.

I HATE YOU.

p.s. j/k .... see me as the random noob you dont remember next time at scars?

pps.... your statement is definitely false. cause i dont have a main. what now beyotch.

ppps.. you think your the best at smash huh.... think you can own random noobs at your will? MM 25 DOLLARS. MLG RULESET. HYRULE TEMPLE. MY FOX YOUR BOWSER.

hey gaiiz look m2k is scared!!! =p (pppps) i definitely editted 5 times.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Smash DI the dair down and away. That's the only way of escaping the regular dair CG. I'm not sure if the reverse dair CG can be escaped.

- Cort

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
gee i wish someone *cough* cort would answer my questions.

more ?'s ..

I heard D-air into D-smash works wonders.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
well it was close. he projectile spammed on yoshis and i as able to get in his azz. i figured that was his link game, so i took him to mute city thinking he'd fold under the pressure. but he ended up playin tank link and not using projectiles, so i got caught off guard. maybe it was jus me underestimating skler.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
lol @ underestimating skler

I made the same mistake way back at a Maine tournament, and he knocked me into losers as a result

did he skler at all during the match? that's always entertaining.

Top Bottom