• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Chip Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
The way that ike is coming along... he's really looking unnapealing. I think I'll try him though, but if he's too slow, I won't bother. I'm going with ice climbers or pit.

Jash, by the way, I have a question for you.
D'you use the sword spin to edgehog a lot? (From the stage onto the ledge.. I think that explains what Ih ave in mind) I've got the timing down but I dunno if I should bother use it in matches..

And another one. How do you turn around with the bow in mid-air.. I've done it quite a few times but I don't exactly know how.. I've never really needed to know. But I can think of some uses of it..

Jash

Smash Lord
The way that ike is coming along... he's really looking unnapealing. I think I'll try him though, but if he's too slow, I won't bother. I'm going with ice climbers or pit.

Jash, by the way, I have a question for you.
D'you use the sword spin to edgehog a lot? (From the stage onto the ledge.. I think that explains what Ih ave in mind) I've got the timing down but I dunno if I should bother use it in matches..

And another one. How do you turn around with the bow in mid-air.. I've done it quite a few times but I don't exactly know how.. I've never really needed to know. But I can think of some uses of it..
Well, The sword spin can be used for edge guarding (i usually do it to fast fallers, Sheik and Ganondorf). I'd say its a good use for edge guarding but u just can't use it all the time. The bow thing is easy, just jump, press the opposite direction ur facing and press B. Easy enough. This technique is ONLY used for camping, if you find another reason for it be my guest.

i took ganon he was slow, i made him unslow. Yay me.
This post makes me wanna use Ike even more, thanks Renth. I took Young Link, he was spammy, i made him unspammy. yay me.....i think.

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
Well, The sword spin can be used for edge guarding (i usually do it to fast fallers, Sheik and Ganondorf). I'd say its a good use for edge guarding but u just can't use it all the time. The bow thing is easy, just jump, press the opposite direction ur facing and press B. Easy enough. This technique is ONLY used for camping, if you find another reason for it be my guest.

This post makes me wanna use Ike even more, thanks Renth. I took Young Link, he was spammy, i made him unspammy. yay me.....i think.
So basically press the direction + b and the same time? meh, gotta work on that then.

Chip.

you know what to do
i took ganon he was slow, i made him unslow. Yay me.

can't wait for our MM. :lick:
if you're going to *Pound* 3

$10 MM young Link vs Ganon?

Hey remember guys this isn't the "who are you going to be maining in Brawl" discussion thread. I really wouldn't like to be reporting posts to mods (despite that Wak has died and a new moderator needs to join this forum) so stay on topic people.

Thanks for helping the youngins Jash. I still won't be available to post during any normal time in the day, so just if you could please just keep doing what your doing that would be awesome!

Jash

Smash Lord

Hey remember guys this isn't the "who are you going to be maining in Brawl" discussion thread. I really wouldn't like to be reporting posts to mods (despite that Wak has died and a new moderator needs to join this forum) so stay on topic people.

Thanks for helping the youngins Jash. I still won't be available to post during any normal time in the day, so just if you could please just keep doing what your doing that would be awesome!
I wish u luck on that MM, Renth is beast.....too beast. I can keep doing this....unless people dun wike me :(

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
Yesh Jash, we dun wyke yoo nem0rez. D=<

Lolz, jk man. And chip... -actually, nvm. i was gonna ask you for an MM at dan2. but Dan2 is like my first major tournament so unfortunately Rikyu will get ownt XP but if its like a $1 mm, (friendly, basically) ima charrange yoo =P
Plus my ride died on me so i have to find another one.. =/

Chip.

you know what to do
I wish u luck on that MM, Renth is beast.....too beast. I can keep doing this....unless people dun wike me :(
haha that's goot because I love challenges!

I wuvs you, by the way, so everyone will have to wike you at least, right? :laugh:

Yesh Jash, we dun wyke yoo nem0rez. D=<

Lolz, jk man. And chip... -actually, nvm. i was gonna ask you for an MM at dan2. but Dan2 is like my first major tournament so unfortunately Rikyu will get ownt XP but if its like a $1 mm, (friendly, basically) ima charrange yoo =P
Plus my ride died on me so i have to find another one.. =/
I apoligize sincerely but I will not be attending Dan2 anymore. Avalanches + covering the mountain pass to get through = fail x_x

I highly suggest you attend the next Gameclucks in Washington on the 26th (located in Lynwood, 'bout a 45 min drive from Bellingham) and I would love to play you then. At the looks of it many OOS'ers failed at coming like PC Chris and all of Nor Cal, so the Dan2 will just be the size of a bigger Gameclucks, so they'll be very similar to eachother indeed in terms of quantity.

Sure, I'll do a MM with you then ^_^

Renth

Smash Hero

sorry, don't think i'm making it to pound. But if anyone ever wants to visit FL i offer free housing.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
When I do that.. He throws the boomerang. Maybe my timing is just off or something..

In order to change direction with the Neutral B with any character, what you do is this:

Be in the air
Slightly move the stick to the desired direction. I mean slightly, as in hardly moving it at all. You'll have to get a feel for it.
Once you've positioned the stick correctly, tab B and there you go, direction change. You can do it with pretty much all of the characters, or at least I assume you can.

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
@Chip:
Aw, well thats okay, im not going too. I gotz no ride =( And I'll see if i can attend that gameclucks thing. And i look forward to charranging yoo. =P *goes to noobking and blunted for advice on how chip plays and what to do against him*

@Thread:
K, if you could remove one attack from YL's moveset and replace it with some atk from some other character (in melee or brawl idunkerr)...what would it be?

DISCUSSC0PT0RZ

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
@Chip:

@Thread:
K, if you could remove one attack from YL's moveset and replace it with some atk from some other character (in melee or brawl idunkerr)...what would it be?

DISCUSSC0PT0RZ

The Knee....justice sweet justice i would trade that up for his fair or something

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
PDOT vs professor pro vids up by the end of the week

yayyyy.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
you gonna come over and record matches on my new thingy xx

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
:O Defintely... YAYYY.
I dont play Y.Link but im curious whats young links best projectile, or does it just count on what situation you are in for what the best projectile is?

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
haha imagine if he could throw his sword

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO what if he could throw off his BOOTS?

or the rest of his clothes for that matter?

tunic for best projectile
full monty for best projectile

rhan

Smash Hero
I really dont see a point in Young Link's arrows...-.-
but i think Young Link's best Projectile is Bombs
The bombs can rack up dammage and if they feel like shielding then just catch it and throw it again. ^-^

Bombs FTW!

speagle

Smash Rookie
Hello Y.Link users.
ok so before i get started let me start by saying i am not a complete noob as i have been lurking around the forums for a while now but decided to just make an account recently since brawls release is comin pretty soon. second, i would have searched my question but im not sure exactly what its called so i'll leave it up to you to answer my question chip, or anyone else who answers first i guess.

ok, so i know how bowser has fortresshogging and ive seen that link and y.link has a similar technique where he does the spin attack at the edge and then grabs it. ive tried it but i just dont seem to be able grab the edge. what am i missing?

Chip.

you know what to do
Thank you for the vids Pdot, I'll be sure to edit them into the first page of this thread as soon as you upload them to Youtube.

Hello Y.Link users.
ok so before i get started let me start by saying i am not a complete noob as i have been lurking around the forums for a while now but decided to just make an account recently since brawls release is comin pretty soon. second, i would have searched my question but im not sure exactly what its called so i'll leave it up to you to answer my question chip, or anyone else who answers first i guess.

ok, so i know how bowser has fortresshogging and ive seen that link and y.link has a similar technique where he does the spin attack at the edge and then grabs it. ive tried it but i just dont seem to be able grab the edge. what am i missing?

Your just not doing it right. It's simply the timing your missing and the ONLY way to truely master it is to practice, practice, practice.

Renth

Smash Hero
Chip... this is pretty random of a question..

do you have a cousin in FL that works at BK i think her named shontae ( i could be wrong about the name)

Chip.

you know what to do
Chip... this is pretty random of a question..

do you have a cousin in FL that works at BK i think her named shontae ( i could be wrong about the name)
Random questions are always welcome on this thread :)

Well, three of my cousins along with my aunt and uncle live down in the south area, specifically in North Carolina. But I do remember that they all lived down in Florida for a little while (pretty recently, but I'm not entirely certain how long ago). My cousin's name is Jorden and I'm not sure where she works, so I don't know if it's at BK or not. She's my age as well (16) if that helps you out any.

Hmm, . . . wouldn't it be a weird coincidence if you actually knew my cousin, Renth? :laugh:

Top Bottom