• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ask Anyone Frame Things Thread

artifice

Smash Ace
So falling Forward and falling Back are considered different states?

that's interesting

Then what's the difference between:
Fall

and

FallAerial

??

Effectively they are the same states as far as gameplay is concerned. Fall Aerial is just the fall animation that is transitioned to after an aerial attack is performed.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Ok so

You can vector when you are airborne,

not performing an aerial, but transitioned into the FallAerial animation?

And the same for the jump animation?

But not when you are actively performing the aerial?

ande

Smash Cadet
does any of you know on which stages side platforms luigi can edgecancel an aerial into bair fastfall it and still get the waveland? i know it works on DL and some phases of FoD, but i´m not sure if it could work on battlefield too, juts wondering.
also does washedash off instand bair come out slower than edgecancel instand bair?

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
A question about tap resets (like with jabs etc...):
Does it only work against missed tech (DownBound) and waiting afterwards (DownWait)?
If that is the case, characters which have an getup option that isn't intangible from frame 1 on can use this to CC a late tap reset attempt and punish with, for example, a grab. This would be better than the invincible options, because while you would not get hit, they are too slow to punish the attack.
Apparently Fox and Falco would be able to do this with roll backwards, which is only intangible from frame 12 on (source).
Obviously it wouldn't work if they are still in DownBound.

SSBM Tao

Smash Cadet
I have a question.

Regarding peach dealing with falco lasers,
If falco shoots a short hop laser point blank and peach tanks it, how many frames do i have until I can dash attack? And if I do it frame perfect can falco punish any way other than committing to shield after laser?

Thanks!

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
Does % affect frame advantage if you get the ASDI down landing against fox's bair? (for example, fox full hops and bairs+touches the ground , which hits marth, who holds c stick down and doesnt get knocked up from the ground. does % affect frame advantage, assuming the % isn't enough to knock him over?)

tauKhan

Smash Lord
It doesn't. One only gets landing lag when succesfully ASDI down landing. The only %-related thing that can affect advantage is staling when the victim is crouching, because of the way the numbers get rounded. (For example, when someone crouches fox nair, the victim undergoes the same amount of hitlag whether or not the nair is staled. However the fox gets has 1 more frame of hitlag when nair is unstale than slightly stale, which gives 1 extra frame of advantage for the victim. The math: floor (7 * 2/3) = 4 = floor (6 * 2/3) )

Renth

Smash Hero
I’ve been doing this since 2012.

I just never publicly discussed the applications I found over the years but I use it literally every single game of melee I play

I hold A on L cancels, I hold A on tech rolls, when landing in the stage so I can press Z for the toggles
Anytime you’re in lag you can activate the Z toggle
So my example I tried to teach people is in shield stun
Falco hits your shield hold A on the hit stun, press Z to light shield to push you away. Let go of Z to go back to normal shield for shield grabs
I’ve told people about hundreds of times
The Z shield is huge
That’s why I always light shield with it

Renth

Smash Hero

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
for falco what comes out faster, his nair, or dair?
His nair hits frame 4 and his dair hits frame 5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom