• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2013 Results Thread | Jan 11-13, 2013 | New Brunswick NJ

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Just for the record, I don't use mk, I only use bad characters.

Snake 4lyf

Amazing tourney, shoutouts when I get on a computer.

:phone:

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Shoutouts:

To Alex Strife for hosting an amazing event, and being an amazing friend.
To the TO staff for being some of the best staff I have ever seen at any competitive event. Mistakes were had, but you guys were really on point throughout the whole weekend. You guys have no idea how much I loved hearing people being Dqed. The smash community being as hugbox for as long as it was has always bothered me. We can't be lax the way we have in the past as the community grows.
To Cmart for saying some of the nicest things anyone has ever told me. Sorry I ran off on you like that. You have no idea how much your words meant to me.
To InternetExplorer6 for making my last day extremely pleasant
To the PMBR, Stric, and Ish for all sorts of wonderful matches.
To the Twins for housing me.
To Tristate for being legit the chillest smashers I have EVER met. Every time I have the pleasure of meeting people from the tristate it is a wonderful experience. Especially NJ/NY. It has made me seriously consider moving to the east coast. Special shoutouts to PbnJ, Reno, Cyrain, DJ, VanZ, and G$ for legit the most enjoyable experience of the entire tournament. Playing with you guys was a real treat, and possibly the most fun I have ever had in my long career.
To Washington, and the not-top cali players for being extremely chill.
To AZ for not cheering me on at yet another national when I was one game away from making bracket, and choked.
Shoutouts to all the Links, Ganons, Bowsers, and Luigis I played. Mid and low tier players are a blast to be around.
Shoutouts to other Falco mains for being better at the falco ditto than me. I'll get you next time, Jake13!

To the guys calling me “He” on Thursday, and Friday: That was extremely rude, and hurtful. Please stop.

To the guys who called me by my old name, and tag: Same thing there. I know some of you just don't pay much attention to the boards, but I changed my name, and tag for a reason. It's an important part of the many changes I'm going through as a person, and it's painful to be reminded of what used to be a thing. The faster everyone can move on and forget who I used to be, and who I am now, the better.

As a final note: All of Sunday was lost. OBS crashed at some point when I was at Dan's place with the PM crew. If Oksas had monitored it like I asked him to, there would have been bracket footage, but unfortunately I only have bracket pools and friendlies/mms.

also sorry to anyone i forgot. im super sick

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
To the guys calling me “He” on Thursday, and Friday: That was extremely rude, and hurtful. Please stop.

To the guys who called me by my old name, and tag: Same thing there. I know some of you just don't pay much attention to the boards, but I changed my name, and tag for a reason. It's an important part of the many changes I'm going through as a person, and it's painful to be reminded of what used to be a thing. The faster everyone can move on and forget who I used to be, and who I am now, the better.

I wanted to be much sweeter in posting my grievances, and in addressing certain things, but with as bad as this weekend was for me, I just couldn't do it. Apologies to anyone I might offend.

I think I might have missed a thread or post somewhere because I'm a tad confused by all of this. I hope your good Apex times outweighed the woes though.

Vixen

Premium
i omitted a bunch of criticism, and instead just talked to alex strife about it in private. i just copy/pasted my shoutouts section from this big text document of apex stuff.

but yeah a bunch of players from like texas and oklahoma kept calling me he/a guy/etc. =\

also it's debatable if i had more good stuff happen to me than bad. My entire weekend was pretty awful, though there were some good memories.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Just one thing, that I'll mention quickly. If the tourney is after the 10th of January, international flights become significantly cheaper. Like, $500 difference between flying in on the 9th and 10th. Would make things much easier for some of us.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
There is a mistake in pool 8, i had to play cave dweller not bluEG in losers, also i beat paju in losers semi's

Edit: does this mean i was put as the 4th seed when really i was the 3rd, and b/c of this i had to fight a 1 seed instead of a 2?
I would answer your question if I knew who you were. Nice ego though.}

Also, answer is probably yes, unfortunately :(
but hey! 1 mistake out of 300 entrants ain't bad :D let me pat myself on the back.
Here is some cute because that sucks if that happened :)

Vixen

Premium
i always end up 4th seed when its top 3 get out, and 5th seet at top 4 get out.

=[ wish i wasn't always unseeded, or if there was a qualifier close to me

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I would answer your question if I knew who you were. Nice ego though.}

Also, answer is probably yes, unfortunately :(
but hey! 1 mistake out of 300 entrants ain't bad :D let me pat myself on the back.
Here is some cute because that sucks if that happened :)
Kinda confused by the ego comment. But i am ben grimm

Edit: and i am a dog person so good call with the gif

Edit2: ok i get the ego thing now, i didnt say who i was b/c i figured when i said i beat paju in losers semi's u would just look at pool 8 and see who was in losers semi's

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Dogs4lyfe, mister benn grimm
At least you made it out of bracket :D
I'm proud of you
Lol, still i am not upset b/c i still got a good round 1 match (where i choked :() but i am just kinda upset b/c i didnt get what i earned. I know i wouldnt of made money at this tourney anyway but now i cant help but wonder what if...

Edit: still did 2nd best from LI and i had fun so i'll live

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
i omitted a bunch of criticism, and instead just talked to alex strife about it in private. i just copy/pasted my shoutouts section from this big text document of apex stuff.

but yeah a bunch of players from like texas and oklahoma kept calling me he/a guy/etc. =\

also it's debatable if i had more good stuff happen to me than bad. My entire weekend was pretty awful, though there were some good memories.
Really disrespectful, not a fan of this.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Soul (Melee) used Peach.
Man Soul definitely did work this tournament. I hope there were some vids recorded of him. I'm also surprised none of this other crewmates made it out of pools. I know Meme and JC are legit (I don't know Jordy as well.)

Do you know what Mexico's plans for future tournaments are?

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Was Mizuki the really tall girl who dressed super classy one day? Might have been Saturday can't remember. Mr. Strife we need name tags next year :awesome:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
i explained this in teh PM

Crismas does the badges and for her she would of had to spend DAYS cutting and making the badges individually and that is NOT fair for her. So that won't happen.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Was Mizuki the really tall girl who dressed super classy one day? Might have been Saturday can't remember. Mr. Strife we need name tags next year :awesome:
that was me actually. (not trolling)

i posted a pic in this thread of me and 3 super classy dudes

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
i explained this in teh PM

Crismas does the badges and for her she would of had to spend DAYS cutting and making the badges individually and that is NOT fair for her. So that won't happen.
I posted this knowingly you had PM'd me ;) I got her PM explaining everything to me and I can't imagine how stressful that must have been last year.

that was me actually. (not trolling)

i posted a pic in this thread of me and 3 super classy dudes
Oh that was you! Who were the other two? Taj/TAI?

I messaged you privately Robin.
Responded.

Vixen

Premium
I was the short red-head who wore:

Jeans/Red blouse Friday
Red dress saturday
Red long sleeve shirt/black skirt/red tights sunday

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I think so Robin

I have a really, really hard time putting names to faces

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
some people were using the silver markers, i think having a bunch of those will be just fine

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
^ ya I'm glad some people had them. If anything next year I'll buy silver sharpies or I'll leave an area white for people to write stuff down on. But the only reason I didn't was because 90% of the time people won't write their real tag down. But if it's what you guys want, I'll make it happen.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I think it would be helpful, also just make a rule that they need to write there real names or they will be dq'ed (even if its an empty threat)

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I was the short red-head who wore:

Jeans/Red blouse Friday
Red dress saturday
Red long sleeve shirt/black skirt/red tights sunday
Sadly the only thing I remember really well from Apex was getting destroyed by Plup in Samus ditto's but at the same time loving every second of it. Apex photos yet to be released will probably refresh my memory a bit better.

I think so Robin

I have a really, really hard time putting names to faces
Almost certain that was them, I think TAI was the asian(no racial profiling here, he just looked it) and TAJ was the taller black man.

You should just force the people to write down their names on the tags next year

I could settle with this but people tend to have HORRID handwriting like myself when I don't care to write super neat.

I think it would be helpful, also just make a rule that they need to write there real names or they will be dq'ed (even if its an empty threat)

I like this but allow people to add sponsor tags too but as long as they're short like ClashTournaments(CT)

Top Bottom