• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2012 Florida Power Ranking Thread! (Powered By Bath Salts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Taking old data into account for a current PR is pointless and dumb. If someone does especially well in the first few months and then has weak/no results in the second half, it doesn't average out to be "pretty good"--They're just no longer relevant in the tournament scene.
im not exactly sure if this has been stated much, but in relevance to this post. . .

While i do appreciate all the work the panalists did

*IMO*

what should have happened/what still can happen:

take the post apex results, and compare it with the LAST official PR (not the pre apex PR). the one with the music theme.

that will give us the most relevant information in comparison the the most concrete info we were already given during the season.

this way no one can bicker about HOW things were done, any salt proceeding can be resolved in future tournies.

Like i said, I appreciate the work the panalists did with this current PR, and i appreciate the creativity that went into dealing with a 10month season,

i just don't feel it was the right/neccessary move for us atm.

I understand I did not want to be a panalist, thus you may feel my say is too late, but i think given the 15+pages posted simply on the topic of the methology used in the PR (not even the PR list itself really) that says alot. This discussion has been all about the wrong things, and is taking credit away from those that did make it onto either pre/post PR list.

I can help out more with this pr if u wish.

also

i think i might have a solution to resolve the fairness toward the Pre-PR list players

I think it might be a good enough time to say for this PR (if we update it with my idea)

any person that earned a spot on the PRE-apex pr, but does NOT end up on the Revisted Official PR (the one I'd like remade), should earn a spot on an honorable mentions list for their work Pre-apex...

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
While i do appreciate all the work the panalists did

*IMO*

what should have happened/what still can happen:

take the post apex results, and compare it with the LAST official PR (not the pre apex PR). the one with the music theme.

that will give us the most relevant information in comparison the the most concrete info we were already given during the season.

this way no one can bicker about HOW things were done, any salt proceeding can be resolved in future tournies.

People will always have a problem and bicker. regardless of if this approach is used or not salt proceeding will be resolved in future tournies.

Like i said, I appreciate the work the panalists did with this current PR, and i appreciate the creativity that went into dealing with a 10month season,

i just don't feel it was the right/neccessary move for us atm.

The panel all agreed and came up with the decision to split the 10 months of results independently

I understand I did not want to be a panalist, thus you may feel my say is too late, but i think given the 15+pages posted simply on the topic of the methology used in the PR (not even the PR list itself really) that says alot. This discussion has been all about the wrong things, and is taking credit away from those that did make it onto either pre/post PR list.

It is very much so taking away from what the players accomplished. Here is what it says players such as Xaltis for the most part are blowing this thread up.

I can help out more with this pr if u wish.

Seibrik your idea is solid. In my eyes its no better or worse then the ideas the 5 panelist came up with. I would have liked your help 2 weeks ago when i asked for help.

also

i think i might have a solution to resolve the fairness toward the Pre-PR list players

It very unfortunate that we as the FL smash community let a whole season go unnoticed.Although GDX is trying to take the fall for it. Its not even close to just his fault. Anyone in this community could have stepped up and made it. No one did. When i finally did consult with gdx on his plans and assembled my own panel we made the decision we felt made the most scene and gave credit where credit was due. The PR is nothing more then a time stamp that shows who was doing well during a certain period of time. What it seems like it has become is like mink said a throne. Whether you are recognized for what you did or not you still did it. The results happened and should be accounted for if possible. Thus the PR Apex PR shows who was doing well during that time span. The post apex pr shows who was doing well during that time span. Its simple to understand and fair. Thats what a PR is its my understanding and the understanding of the panel i worked with.

I think it might be a good enough time to say for this PR (if we update it with my idea)

any person that earned a spot on the PRE-apex pr, but does NOT end up on the Revisted Official PR (the one I'd like remade), should earn a spot on an honorable mentions list for their work Pre-apex...

There work pre apex is recognized on the Pre apex pr. Its that simple. All of the players on the pre apex pr are given there credit for there work during that time span. Just because a picture was not made to commemorate there accomplishments dose not make it any less of a feat. GDX asked for 2 things as he handed me the lead panel spot 1. fighting game theme and 2. do not bring back honorable mentions. I will honer that. also if anyone deserves an honerable mention its Ed/Trump as they both just missed the just. Not players like xaltis who in the post apex time span did very little and 2d jeff who also had a very poor season. There work is recognized in the pre apex pr.
There work is recognized in the pre apex pr.
The way my panel chose to handle the pr deserves to be questioned. This was the first time in FL brawl history that we have not come together and made a PR picture for a given time period. We had to handle a situation that was never presented before and hopefully never presents it self again. Any method used to handle this would have been scrutinized if used by my panel.

This is the Official PR for the time period of APEX 2012 till the NLL in June. The players on this list had the best results of all the players that played in that time span. Congratulations to those who made it! To those who did not and feel they should have well i cant say it any better then this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hmg_fJ6A4k .

Xaltis

Smash Hero

So are we getting a legit team of panelists now?

*EDIT*

Actually some of the panelist aren't too bad. And just saying I ALMOST had no problem with Viper's post until he had to go out of his way to be an *******.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
So now we are back on the 3 month track right? So after September should be a new one

Good timing cause I'm hosting an apex qualifier at NLL in September. 10 entry and 5 door fee. I havnt made the thread yet bit he aim is to get oos attendance as well...or at least a huge tourney

It'll also be melee and brawl so the qualifier will be for both singles events. I'll also have some suprises in store .. just sayin bring some extra money

:phone:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I just think its funny when a member on the PR, who's also a panelists, tells you how much better you are at the game then they are and still ranks themselves higher than you.
Go 2 more tournaments... problem solved

Hence the reason HrNut isn't ranked higher. & prob Seibrik as well.

:sonic:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So now we are back on the 3 month track right? So after September should be a new one

Good timing cause I'm hosting an apex qualifier at NLL in September. 10 entry and 5 door fee. I havnt made the thread yet bit he aim is to get oos attendance as well...or at least a huge tourney

It'll also be melee and brawl so the qualifier will be for both singles events. I'll also have some suprises in store .. just sayin bring some extra money

So would you like me 2 try to get Pepsi, Jimmy Johns & Wing Zone 2 sponsor the event? I would rather try to make this be a National like event as opposed 2 having ur event n then trying 2 have another event in the fall.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
NLL...need money...Okay more ponies then~

Yo vinyl MM? I'm bad so it's fine. srsly....i'm bad so its OKAY...

I'll bring a derpy plush with me so you can feel it's soft delicious goodness :3 and you should wear your derpy shirt if you have it by then :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
It won't be a national. That term is thrown around too much

It would be considered a regional. If you want to bring sponsorship for it feel free too. It'll also be streamed so everyone can watch it. It'll be 9/22

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I've decided 2 stop reading Xaltis's posts 4 a while.

& I haven't had a chance 2 relook @ Jeffs posts

& Seibrik I see where your coming from. But 2nite we are going 2 just conversate about everything.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Nationals are different from regionals. Just cause someone calls their tourney a national doesnt make it a national

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
NLL...need money...Okay more ponies then~

Yo vinyl MM? I'm bad so it's fine. srsly....i'm bad so its OKAY...

I'll bring a derpy plush with me so you can feel it's soft delicious goodness :3 and you should wear your derpy shirt if you have it by then :)
YES!

I ACCEPT YOUR MM AND I ACCEPT TO FEEL IT'S SOFT DELICIOUS GOODNESS.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
@vinyl. WOOOOOOOOOOT :-p I should make a plush for some of the nichijou characters xD cuz they are CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE~ and yay MM :-p I play pit btw and i dont have much money sooo at most $5?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm at an extreme budget right now, so I don't know if I can do $20 or $5 dollars that much.

I already one with mink for $20 too. For :ganondorf: ditto.

Like tommy said, I might as well do it $1-$3. Sorry if that's problematic. :urg:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I'm at an extreme budget right now, so I don't know if I can do $20 or $5 dollars that much.

I already one with mink for $20 too. For :ganondorf: ditto.

Like tommy said, I might as well do it $1-$3. Sorry if that's problematic. :urg:
I'll do it for $3 Bo3. We can do it at YOL4 or Smashed Together (depending on which one you're going to) Sound good?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'll do it for $3 Bo3. We can do it at YOL4 or Smashed Together (depending on which one you're going to) Sound good?
Aw cripes, I need someone to pick me up for get over there I think.

And I still can't find myself a job, so I'm not sure if I can. >_<

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
...I'm confused lol. To cover my bases I wasnt badmouthing anyone

Also guys I've decided to do 2 stocks for brawl for my august tourney. The apex qualifier will still be 3 stocks mk legal don't worry

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I feel like the game may be better that way honestly. Only one way to find out

2 stock 6 min timer

Xaltis

Smash Hero

I think I'm probably gonna go all Sonic for that tourney Keith. Time outs all my matches. An any other Sonic can challenge me to try to take away my "Best Sonic" title.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Id be happy if either of you actually attended lol. Neither of you have been to a 5 dollar footdives

Although its more important for the apex qualifier in September to be large. It'll have some nice prizes too so make sure to come

Future brawl events of mine may or may not stick with 2 stocks, depending on what happens in August

Edit: and i definitely said 6 min not 5

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Id be happy if either of you actually attended lol. Neither of you have been to a 5 dollar footdives

Although its more important for the apex qualifier in September to be large. It'll have some nice prizes too so make sure to come

Future brawl events of mine may or may not stick with 2 stocks, depending on what happens in August

Edit: and i definitely said 6 min not 5

Well it's not that I haven't been wanting to go to tourneys. I just don't have money anymore ever since I got screwed out of my job. I went to 2 ZPs after Apex, 1 I barley had money for. The other I just hung out with everyone and couldn't enter.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I've gotten used to 5 dollar entry, so the idea of it doesn't bother me anymore. /allaboutthemoney

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm gonna play ganon in friendlies, maybe DK as well. Just so I can warm up for mink's $20 ditto MM.

And if it's alright I can just bring in my wii and set it up wherever.

So 15+20+5+6.........

$46 bucks I'll have to bring.

or just $50 bucks.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I personally think that the PRs should be drawn without another PR kept in mind. Just leave the time before April unaddressed and rank from late March to early June. Problem solved.

You beat ESAM before the dead musicians pr btw.

That was also when he beat HRNut. :laugh:

I just think its funny when a member on the PR, who's also a panelists, tells you how much better you are at the game then they are and still ranks themselves higher than you.
PRs are not indicative of skill. HRNut has pretty much always been top 3 in Florida, but it's often been a travesty if he's ranked above 4th on the PRs for the past year or two because his tournament performances don't indicate his skill. As I said/asked earlier, haven't you only been to like one tournament in each season? You can't be ranked off of that.

...I'm confused lol. To cover my bases I wasnt badmouthing anyone

Also guys I've decided to do 2 stocks for brawl for my august tourney. The apex qualifier will still be 3 stocks mk legal don't worry

I'm so hyped for August! Also, does anyone in Florida still have a real :metaknight: anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom