• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2010-2011 Super Smash Bros. Melee MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewky

Smash Cadet
i knew kirby and ness sucked f@#/in balls!!!
and i kind of disagree with top tier being tied...

top tier:
----------
1st-2nd: Fox - has no match up against him only equal or greater in his favor, and up throw up air kill ANY character

1st -2nd: Jigglypuff - very squishy (dies easy), but campy, gimps up the ***, and rest can suck my balls (many ways to pull it off)

3rd: Falco - combos like fox but **** recovery, therefor cant be tied with him.. but is arguable due to his bomb *** dair and shine

Gengar: ***** but 60:40 mewtwo due to him being partially poison

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I almost thought Pikachu would make it to the bottom of middle tier, but I think I was just swept in the Axe hype from Apex.
I like the list.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
So basically:

Fox
Mango
Hbox
M2k
Armada

Cant say i disagree as long as its agreed upon that this is highly tourney-placing dependent and can/would be changed if people would, in the words of drpp, "go out and change it"

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
@ Vectorman - It takes one player to make a character good. Ganon used to be **** tier back in the days. Now look at em!
Heh, I'm hopin man.. I really am :) but thanks a million man.. I mean it. :)
so who needs combo videos?! ^^hehe

(but stay on topic of this thread) <3

Dewky

Smash Cadet
i definately agree with this tier list, great freakin job.. possibly the last tier list ever to be written in melee 0_o

Brookman

Smash Hero
there's a reason to play jiggly puff.
there's a reason to play sheik.
there's a reason to play doc.
hell, there's even reason to play pikachu.

you'd be hard pressed to prove there's a reason to play yoshi.

ROMBO69

Smash Cadet
This list could not be so much more wrong.. If were talking about a perfectly played fox then yeah he is the best .. BUT WHO THE **** plays perfect fox besides pc at oc2 ( and he still wasnt "perfect").. U guys gotta be realistic HERE...

And falco good but hes so bad at the same time . but whatever... AND PUFF IS NOT even in the top 3 for best characters you guys are some dumb *** fuking ****ers if u believe that.. shes so bad.. just cause everyone fuking sucks huge **** against hbox means nothing( and m2k/armada johning like **** babys ) .. Hbox = bad .. Puff = alright.. If u learn the matchup against puff (hbox ) ****s so **** easy.. hes a **** idiot and does the same **** over and over.. i dont understand why you guys have not caught out ...

I believe marth, sheik , fox, falco, puff, peach/falcon.. just because marth and sheik can be played more consistently then a spacie ( im excluding myself because my spacies **** 95 percent of the time )

Just cause theres lack of marths/sheiks doesnt mean their still not **** ****..

**** YOU GUYS DONT KNOW ****!

-Mangoooooooo

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Fox/Falco will always be good due to oodles of players.
Jigglypuff is good but still overrated. It's not the character that's too good, it's the players that are dumb (or at least in comparison to HBox, Darc, etc). She's definitely last of the 3-way tie.
Sheik will be more confirmed where she is at P5 when Amsah ***** again and maybe she can join forces in Top tier with the fluffies. Maybe Tope too cause he's awesome at playing gay and Overtriforce also represents Sheik well.
Marth has IB who will keep ****** and M2K obviously, but I think Marth is still part of the old metagame. Down the road, Peach might surpass him if the current way of the characters continues.
Peach may be higher than where she is, but perhaps it's just that Armada is ridiculously good. I'm certain had he used another character as much as his Peach, he'd still be winning (though that's assuming his personal strengths/weaknesses carry on).
Falcon is solid where he is.
Middle is good.
Low, I think Link is above DK at least. HDL is ****.
Zelda will hopefully be low once Cosmo and TheLake start breaking into National brackets (Apex was REALLY close).
Mewtwo is Taj.
Yoshi has silly weaknesses, but if you're awesome like VMan, Yoshi is ****. I hope Yoshi makes Bottom eventually.
Ness has Mofo, but he's not doing uberly well with him, at least yet.

And the rest of the characters have no real representation.

8/10

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I think Mario and Luigi should switch places, it's perfect other than that.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
This list could not be so much more wrong.. If were talking about a perfectly played fox then yeah he is the best .. BUT WHO THE **** plays perfect fox besides pc at oc2 ( and he still wasnt "perfect").. U guys gotta be realistic HERE...

And falco good but hes so bad at the same time . but whatever... AND PUFF IS NOT even in the top 3 for best characters you guys are some dumb *** fuking ****ers if u believe that.. shes so bad.. just cause everyone fuking sucks huge **** against hbox means nothing( and m2k/armada johning like **** babys ) .. Hbox = bad .. Puff = alright.. If u learn the matchup against puff (hbox ) ****s so **** easy.. hes a **** idiot and does the same **** over and over.. i dont understand why you guys have not caught out ...

I believe marth, sheik , fox, falco, puff, peach/falcon.. just because marth and sheik can be played more consistently then a spacie ( im excluding myself because my spacies **** 95 percent of the time )

-Mangoooooooo
its really hard for me to take this sort of post seriously. how much of it is sincere idk. i think u missed the part where hbox said this was heavily tourney based. where u dont want to neglect the fact that there arent multitudes of players who play/place well with marth/sheik/peach, u also dont want to inflate a character's qualities without tournament placing to back it up

which is my personal stigma against fox's top placement, but that's neither here nor there

i agree that marth/sheik could be top, but not that they should at this point

i dont know if u r trolling and if u are, to what extent. are u even mango?

I hope Yoshi makes Bottom eventually.
Loooool

rhan

Smash Hero

-Mangoooooooo
The only time I'll agree with Mango...

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
PrrettyMango69 5:30 pm
(5:30:55 PM): everyones tier list is retarted
(5:30:57 PM): pisses me off
(5:31:03 PM): marth
(5:31:03 PM): sheik
(5:31:05 PM): fox
(5:31:06 PM): falco
(5:31:08 PM): puff
(5:31:12 PM): peach/falcon
(5:31:15 PM): !

edit:

This was actually taken from an earlier conversation we had before I was even aware of this thread.

ROMBO69

Smash Cadet
its really hard for me to take this sort of post seriously. how much of it is sincere idk. i think u missed the part where hbox said this was heavily tourney based. where u dont want to neglect the fact that there arent multitudes of players who play/place well with marth/sheik/peach, u also dont want to inflate a character's qualities without tournament placing to back it up

which is my personal stigma against fox's top placement, but that's neither here nor there

i agree that marth/sheik could be top, but not that they should at this point

i dont know if u r trolling and if u are, to what extent. are u even mango?

Loooool
And i dont no if u read my post

where i said " just because marth adn sheik arent played enuff doesnt mean there not good"

I hate to base a list off of tourney results.. then its just whatever character im playing plus I **** GUESS THAT ****** hbox...

its really dumb

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
that's not to say i dont like mango's tier list

its that according to the current metagame it just cant be that

and i think its really hard to make a case againt the mbr tier list without the sort of empirical evidence they claim to have used

its 2010-2011 for a reason

edit: to be clear - I LIKE MANGO'S TIER LIST - MANGO IS A COOL GUY - MANGO IS GOOD AT SMASH - MANGO's TRASH TALK IS THE ****ING GREATEST I HAVE EVER SEEN ESPECIALLY AGAINST EUROPE LOOOOL

but i hope u see my point

edit again to ur post above mine:

" just because marth adn sheik arent played enuff doesnt mean there not good"

i acknowledged that this was a valid point but also said that on the flip side, u cant make virtually baseless claims (not to say that what ur saying is a baseless claim, but rather u HAVE to find some middle ground)

Pi

Smash Hero
Tournament results did heavily influence the list

get it?

tier lists are stupid and don't really prove anything
i'm not even sure what motivated the MBR to create another official one
or why people still give two ****s where their character places on it

if you plan on being any kind of good at this game you're going to have to recognize what your character can and cannot do by yourself, not look at generalizations based on their placement on a tier list

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
alright.. im coming out of retirement and playing marth/sheik

and project.. im no longer poking u on fb
lol i thought i already did a good job of that in my prev post but w/e

u owe me a bundle of $1 bills and a night on the town

and the **** log on to ur own accnt

Rickety

Peace and Love
Yay, Mango!

Thank you for all the tips you have given me over the years!
Teach me more Sheik Stuff! <3 <3

When do I get to see you again? I miss you! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
This game is full of dumb **** and ******** who don't fully understand anything...

Tier lists are dumb. And they SHOULDN'T BE BASED ON TOURNEY RESULTS!

ROMBO69

Smash Cadet
crystalnite- cant im super banned

rickety - <3

rhan - agreed

m2k - yeah u did i hadnt played marth in hellllla long.. ive been playing nothing but marth and would like a sick re-match ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom