• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical TNR Recruitment Page... Also Welcomes L@wl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I think Chozen knows what hes talking about, good **** captian! *solutes* >_O

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
I see that you're grouping with people based on how long I have been here....

You haven't really seem me play anyone above your status and how well I do at all.

You're still grouping me based on assumption, Redd, Fob, Korn, Boss, Kaiser, Greg, Aho, Chin, Chu CK etc have told me based on what they have seen and how well I perform.

You're almost basing this list solely off of tournament experience and that only, which isn't completely accurate in terms of skill and/or potential.

There are quite a few people on that list with alot of skill, some with even more potential, some with just flat out more experience. You are only looking at experience from what I can tell.

Like I said, I'm not claiming to be the end all be all guy, but I'm better than you give me credit for. Same for alot of people on the list.

Though, Like I have stated before I don't really care that much.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
KC.. jesus chirst. Please stop telling me what it do, and do not do. I regognize you, your skill, and your potential. Just b/c Redd, Fob, Korn, Boss, Kaiser, Greg, Aho, Chin, Chu, and CK all say you are "good" doesn't mean they are being totally serious. I'm not trying to be mean, but realize that alot.. and i mean alot of ppl sandbag in friendlies.

If you really feel like this list is made up of experience lets look-

1. ChozenOne - Nov, 05
2. AlphaZealot - the begining of time....
3. Korn - competative only within the last 4 months.
4. SmashGod - not very experience.. in the community.
5. FOB$ - only really plays Aero, Tin, Da Shizzi, ect. Playing for about a year.
6. Masa - about 9 months now.. pretty experienced.
7. 5%Tax - same as Fob
8. Smash God's Little Bro - SmashGod.. nuff said.
9. DOSV - not sure.. but he lives in Bmore.
10. EEvisu - GFizzle.. good man. also not sure.
11. Nurok - he's a veteran.
12. K.C. Cloud - New in experience terms.
13. Xlax - lives in SoVa.
14. Fats - they live in SoVa.. nuff said.
15. Tak$ - Needs more.
16. Boss - Needs more.
17. Zeps - Needs more.
18. Baily - NY PWNAGE
19. Mood4Food - NY PWNAGE
20. Jigg - very little except Korn, and Boss.
21. Da Shizzi - very little minis Aero, Tin, Fob, ect.

Now let's look at a breakdown..

AlphaZealot - the begining of time....
Nurok - June, 05
SmashGod - July, 05
Smash God's Little Bro - July, 05
ChozenOne - Nov, 05
FOB$ - Feb, 06
Xlax - March, 06
Fats - March, 06
Korn - May, 06
Masa - May, 06
5%Tax - June, 06
Jigg - June, 06
EEvisu - Aug, 06
Boss - Aug, 06
Da Shizzi - Aug, 06
Tak$ - Nov, 06
Zeps - Nov, 06
K.C. Cloud - Oct, 06
DOSV - ??
Baily - NY PWNAGE
Mood4Food - NY PWNAGE

Experience isn't only quanity, but also quanlity. Playing for a long time is fine, but playing in tourneys is far more important.. Clearly experience is a factor, but it is not everything.

look good sir. You may think that you are amazing, but let me tell you that this area may be the best in the country, but that's only the tip of the iceberg. You havn't played enough to know. Maybe you have the best top tier matchups ever, but play a luigi that's good, and then come talk to me.. you'll probably get 3-4 stocked. That also goes for Masa, Fob, Mr. God, ect. Myself, and Alpha are the most experienced members. Experience is also part of what makes us good.. We already know matchups, and don't need to think about indiviual situations. We just act.

Experience isn't just "knowing what to do", it's also mindgames.. You have more tools in your kit to throw at your opponent. a less experienced player only has what they've done before.. do you follow me??

I hope my response does not anger you to the point of quitting TNR. We are glad to have you, but understand that many players in our crew are very skilled. If you want to feel better about yourself, then move to Florida, and win some tourneyments there.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
well thought out and well worded Chozen, bravo.

btw, you should just session with Majinfraze chozen, he doesn't live all that far, have a small get together, or you + another person could probably roll to his place in reston. whenever I'm home I smash with him and he is always improving at an astonishing rate, considering he only play kids, who don't know the first thing about advanced techniques. anywho, you should session with him is all I'm saying, I feel bad for the guy, hahaha.

Fraze... animal.

Jigg, player.

chozen... never wrong

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
You aren't understanding my point, I'm not defending myself, I'm defending others as well.

I know what experience does for you, I know where it can get you.

I never said I was amazing, I said "I am better than you give me credit for" and same with alot of people on the list. I won't claim to be amazing because I'm not.

You underestimate resolve, persistance and many other things that alot of people have. I know I need work on certain match ups, others not so much.

Just saying your logic is flawed.

I doubt any of those guys sandbagg in friendlies constantly, they fight me seriously to show me my flaws and my mistakes so I can limit my chances of making those mistakes. I thank them for that every time. I could almost pull the same and say they probably don't fight you completely serious, are they sandbaggin you you think?

You're almost putting words in my mouth man which is what I'm not understanding at all.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm flat out saying KC is quite possibly the best in TNR, and I have no doubt that he's better than Chozen1.

(Not sarcastic)

^_^ XP

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I'm flat out saying KC is quite possibly the best in TNR, and I have no doubt that he's better than Chozen1.

(Not sarcastic)

^_^ XP
I agree, but my opinion is worth less than ****, so take it with a grain of heroin (or however yo say it >_>)

allow me to lighten the mood...

hows that =]
Old'd. Sorry EE v_v;; But yeah, people are dumb.

I haven't played Tope in ages, cancel those mms man, you're too cool for money.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TAK$

Smash Ace
i'm leaving tnr, i still <3 all you guys (fob owes me 20$ in drinkks!!, lolz jk). =D chozen you just need to listen to ppl more man, and i'm not leaving cause of this so dont worry about that, i still wanna be cool with you all, i just dont like the way things are done and stuffs, and some ppl have become complete ***'s.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
^ sissy

(Not sarcastic)

^_^ XP
Alpha and Chozen are better no dout, nothing personal K.C. cause u my boy just saying IMO lol I mean I dont see you beating Chu lol but its all good
I think I love you EE

>.>

<.<
back at ya
I agree, but my opinion is worth less than ****, so take it with a grain of heroin (or however yo say it >_>)

Old'd. Sorry EE v_v;; But yeah, people are dumb.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
LOL stop it. Seriously *cry* bully.

In all sincerity, I'm going to beat Chu, it's on, you hear me Daniel? ^_~

KC is good as bawls, no jones tnr.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
I haven't played chu, and I'm not great against IC's.

Not saying I would beat Chu either, but he's seen me play and complimented me without me asking about anything.

Here LM if you want vids, we recorded more but we need a DVD ripper since I bought a DVD recorder and we're trying to get the **** right.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95810

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
yeah, well... KC is definately in the top 3 for TNR. Korn is also good from what I've seen. KC you would destroy me in a falco ditto, but I only use falco against sheik. my ganon does exceptionally decent against space animals and marths so I think we would have some great matches, that why my matches with CK (you're polar opposite) are always intense and from the last time I played him, went either way.

but yeah, KC > most of TNR.

also, no offense at all Masa, but do you just squander when you play me? for some reason Chzn and others are convinced you are all sorts of good. like, you really are, but I usually 1 stock you, and I kinda suck. so what's the deal, do you just not try against me?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not trying to be mean, but realize that alot.. and i mean alot of ppl sandbag in friendlies.
\/.\/

Well...not entirely, but I almost never use Peach in friendlies, I usually stick with Doc/Falco/Pichu and more recently Mario simply because I want to get them up to snuff, which they are pretty close to now. I'll actually use my Doc/Falco for certain matchups that my Peach is weaker in (Ganon, Sheik, Jiggs, luigi all come to mind).

More recently I've had a problem playing to many matches without a break, which I find just wears me down to the point of not really caring. Sometimes I just kinda sit there, stare at the screen, watch my character get pummeled, and see if I can get out with the least amount of movement/effort.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about. KC I've never played you, eventually I will I'm sure, I'll be back in MD for a week or two in march and I'll be at Cat III if your going (at least I think I'll be), if not we can just wait till the summer.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
\/.\/

Well...not entirely, but I almost never use Peach in friendlies, I usually stick with Doc/Falco/Pichu and more recently Mario simply because I want to get them up to snuff, which they are pretty close to now. I'll actually use my Doc/Falco for certain matchups that my Peach is weaker in (Ganon, Sheik, Jiggs, luigi all come to mind).

More recently I've had a problem playing to many matches without a break, which I find just wears me down to the point of not really caring. Sometimes I just kinda sit there, stare at the screen, watch my character get pummeled, and see if I can get out with the least amount of movement/effort.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about. KC I've never played you, eventually I will I'm sure, I'll be back in MD for a week or two in march and I'll be at Cat III if your going (at least I think I'll be), if not we can just wait till the summer.
Probably have to wait till the summer, I'm not sure I'll be at Cata3, I'll probably go to C3 but we'll see when the time comes.

I have that same problem too sometimes though Alpha, so I try and limit myself sometimes to just playing those that make me alot better by playing them. Example TA, and some people I just like to play alot ex, tak, DosV, Nikk, Fob Korn etc

FOB

Smash Ace
I don't try to sand bag. ever. Unfortunatly as Alpha described, it happens. I did NOT sandbag against K.C.. He is VERY good.

Personally I agree with Tak. TNR isn't run so well. We just kinda talk. A LOT. Thats probably my favriote aspect of TNR. Everyone is good friends.

Unfortunatly I only played Smash G0D once at c3. I won and it wasn't as spectacular as you described. However that was only one match and I couldn't get anymore because the waiting lines for all the tvs were so long so it was virtually pointless.

For me. I go to A LOT of tournaments. I think you underestimate the diversity of people I play. When you came back into smash I had just started my 4 week groundation period. Howver I usually attend all major smash events within an hour drive. I am at just about everything that my brother goes to. But, when ccx still existed, there were usually two store run tournaments each month. I went to these. You held Biweeklies with Chu on many of those dates. I didn't see you until Nod3 whcih was one of my FAR later tournaments, so guess its understandable that you thought I only played my brother and Tin.

and NO. My floaty match ups are terrible. My but gets whoooped by peaches, samus and luigis. Jiggs is probably the only good floaty matchup I have. Peach ***** Korn and I.

This is getting kinda lame with all of the multi crew people. The base of TNR is about 7.

D

Deleted member

i vouch for k.c on awesomeness;)

k.c considered top 3 by you guys! 0_o very cool! that makes me wonder......

Ghostype

Smash Champion
>___> I think half these guys join TNR just for the power rankings, and then to disagree with their placings (K.C. wtf you've got a crew >_>).

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
i dun care that much about power ranking... im ok w/ that ...

uh...from my opinion just comment.... cuz i cant make power ranking...

CZ1 - i didnt play him 1on1 for long time ago ...actually i played only one match i won..
at c3 we played in team ...but i dont think masa,perry ? are his real team partner ....but we just played like friendly... so he 's really good cuz he pretty much beated good people , & really close sometimes

FOB - really good doc... pretty beast + help me a lot (but i never help him ...cuz i dont have much experience how to play tagteam)
i still want to teach him other character .... maybe marth or something ...so he can have other choice instant doc ditto

AZ - i played him at blue's house + C3 ....we pretty much beated each other.... but he have a lot of experience...

KC - ...i really think he's better than me ....i dunno cuz i played him 1on1 only once..
but his falco is scary..... but if he have more experience he'll be more better & scary falco...

Smash GOD - ....um his luigi,marth is pretty good... his luigi beated my falcon once but his falco is ..ok , & his brother is really good.......... maybe he probably better.... im just saying...from my opinion im not sure... he beated my falco ...but i didnt try to use falcon , marth against him yet..

Masa - his link is pretty good... but still a lot of up+b ....i think
i can handle him only 1on1 ....but if he team w/ Blues..... its really hard for me

TAK$ - ...he's pretty ok w/ ICs.... i dont like to play against ICs... lol so i really dont know

yea top 5 of TNR ...is like..
CZ , AZ , FOB , KC , me..(maybe)
i didnt put the numbers though.... im just saying from my opinion.... @____@

TAK$

Smash Ace
actually korn i was sandbagging all day long after pools, i just didnt feel like playing that hard, but i wanna play your falcon, i love playing falcons, maybe at katsu? =D

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
i dun care that much about power ranking... im ok w/ that ...

uh...from my opinion just comment.... cuz i cant make power ranking...

CZ1 - i didnt play him 1on1 for long time ago ...actually i played only one match i won..
at c3 we played in team ...but i dont think masa,perry ? are his real team partner ....but we just played like friendly... so he 's really good cuz he pretty much beated good people , & really close sometimes

FOB - really good doc... pretty beast + help me a lot (but i never help him ...cuz i dont have much experience how to play tagteam)
i still want to teach him other character .... maybe marth or something ...so he can have other choice instant doc ditto

AZ - i played him at blue's house + C3 ....we pretty much beated each other.... but he have a lot of experience...

KC - ...i really think he's better than me ....i dunno cuz i played him 1on1 only once..
but his falco is scary..... but if he have more experience he'll be more better & scary falco...

Smash GOD - ....um his luigi,marth is pretty good... his luigi beated my falcon once but his falco is ..ok , & his brother is really good.......... maybe he probably better.... im just saying...from my opinion im not sure... he beated my falco ...but i didnt try to use falcon , marth against him yet..

Masa - his link is pretty good... but still a lot of up+b ....i think
i can handle him only 1on1 ....but if he team w/ Blues..... its really hard for me

TAK$ - ...he's pretty ok w/ ICs.... i dont like to play against ICs... lol so i really dont know

yea top 5 of TNR ...is like..
CZ , AZ , FOB , KC , me..(maybe)
i didnt put the numbers though.... im just saying from my opinion.... @____@
My Luigi only played your falcon once :)

Yeah my bro is pretty good. He surprises even me sometimes. I still usually beat him... I still can't believe I do better vs aZ and Kirbstir Peachs on FD with Marth than I do vs my bro's peach.. he 2 stocks me somehow.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
actually korn i was sandbagging all day long after pools, i just didnt feel like playing that hard, but i wanna play your falcon, i love playing falcons, maybe at katsu? =D
I didn't feel like it is the worst excuse.

No Jones Son!

FOB

Smash Ace
gosh my sig is sexxy. Yay for ARROW.

<3 Redd. Redd always seems to come in at the right time. From now on, when things go wrong, I'm gonna scream out "REDD!" at tournaments. Then the spirt of Redd can deliver the magical smash stone to me.

I might try to go to Katsucon. I always wanted to go to an anime convention...

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
gosh my sig is sexxy. Yay for ARROW.

<3 Redd. Redd always seems to come in at the right time. From now on, when things go wrong, I'm gonna scream out "REDD!" at tournaments. Then the spirt of Redd can deliver the magical smash stone to me.

I might try to go to Katsucon. I always wanted to go to an anime convention...

Yay, even TNR likes me <3 >_> Yeah just be calling out my name and run over to coach/trashtalk/scream/throw a fit.

I'm gonna stop using marth vs doc. So boring, all I do is fsmash....

well, that's all I do anyway ^_^

EDIT:

Can't resist Dopefish!!!

TAK$

Smash Ace
i know right.

oh korn, i know certain cons let you bring setups i know the katsu like 2ish years ago did, are they letting us this year?

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
...uh yea ... im pretty sure that i might get 2nd place again this year
cuz ss4ricky went there every years......... cuz it was normal tournament that people play for fun & just some of them that pretty good..

ok tak ..we'll play at katsu if u go :3

kiwi probably join to play w/ me ...cuz she said she'll go sunday

...ps: ......i still hate Pika!Pika! .......he so freaking weird & talked trash so much............. =( im glad that i kicked him at C3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom