• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical TNR Recruitment Page... Also Welcomes L@wl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
haha those are some weird stipulations... dont worry.. i'll just pull out my amazing marth skills and take out 5 stock again (still dunno how i almost won that thing..) and it doesnt really matter if you suck 1on1... just use your awesome mid-to-low-teir godly-ness and pick zelda (Fair/Bair/Uair FTW!) lol

Doll

Smash Journeyman
nookrulz said:
Have you played my Peach recently good sir... can you say Dair-vidjodrop-grab-dthrow-dsmash-dashattack-uthrow-uthrow-uthrow-uthrow-uthrow-uthrow-nair :)

p.s. that's a 0->death.

... That combo will never work XD. Unless that person doesn't DI at all. O_o;

Then again, all my sexy combos are from people with no DI. :< Like:

Dtilt-Uair-Parasol-Flap-Flap-Flap-Dtilt-Fair. (Sheik)

Or on a Falco.

Uthrow- Dsmash-techchasegrab-upthrow to 88%-utilt (didn't DI from the throw) O_o;;- Parasol flapity to Fthrow. air.

On Jigz, I get a 42% combo when she missed a rest.

But usually my combo is like.. 5 hits from Dsmash. X_x;

Anyway nook, XD That's fine. Lol

Fonz

Smash Ace
Whats your 42% combo on jiggs? I usually throw a turnip up and have it hit in the middle of a dair/nair for 35%. Turnip throw to double dsmash is like 34% but more work and not always feasible.

nookrulz

Smash Ace
how about turnip usmash followed by turnip uthrow followed by dtilt followed by the usmash when they collide followed by sweetspotted usmash???

note: don't try this at home (I know I didn't).

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
nookrulz said:
how about turnip usmash followed by turnip uthrow followed by dtilt followed by the usmash when they collide followed by sweetspotted usmash???

note: don't try this at home (I know I didn't).
I suck at visualizing combos, I need to play you again.

Doll

Smash Journeyman
Fonz said:
Whats your 42% combo on jiggs? I usually throw a turnip up and have it hit in the middle of a dair/nair for 35%. Turnip throw to double dsmash is like 34% but more work and not always feasible.

Oh it's the second one. XD

What I do is throw turnip up, roll then wave dash and start charging Dsmash and release it before the turnip hits. Depend on the turnip; it does 36%-42% o.o;. I prop get the 2% more cause I charged the Dsmash a lil longer. Death turnip = 56% I think and you can catch it again. O_o;;

If I got lucky with a bomb, I'd Dair then vidjo drop into it.

If it's beam (I've only test this in training without proper DI, but it does count as a combo), Fair to dash beam attack. <--0% Lol

If a jigz missed a rest when she's above 50%, you can shoulder her to death in FD. o_o; It's hard to aim though, but I found a nice trick to help, that is if you face forward (not backward like you would usually do when you're shouldering), you can shoulder more easily. It's a combo too.

Edit: Don't try anything with dtilt.. X_x;; it can be DI to avoid the turnip.

Fonz

Smash Ace
You can wavedash to usmash on a rested jiggly to get the shoulder hit. I'm not consistent enough with it to use in a fight so I don't really use it. I usually just give a fully charged dsmash or a smash bomber if I don't have much time.

Fair to dash sword would prolly be a combo, at 0% on heavy characters you can do float canceled fair and grab them before they fly out of grab range. Not terribly practical, but it looks awesome. Fair->jab->grab works too if they don't jump out of the jab fast enough, its also easier to do.

Doll

Smash Journeyman
Fonz said:
You can wavedash to usmash on a rested jiggly to get the shoulder hit. I'm not consistent enough with it to use in a fight so I don't really use it. I usually just give a fully charged dsmash or a smash bomber if I don't have much time.

Fair to dash sword would prolly be a combo, at 0% on heavy characters you can do float canceled fair and grab them before they fly out of grab range. Not terribly practical, but it looks awesome. Fair->jab->grab works too if they don't jump out of the jab fast enough, its also easier to do.

I tried Fair to grab several time >.o;; Never work for me cause they DI so that I can only get the dash attack in. (**** you kirbstir) Lol

The only person that I've ever pulled that off was amazingly, Husband. XD;

nookrulz

Smash Ace
sometimes if i'm playing a jiggs and it's the second game of a set after i get 4-stocked, i'll pick ganon and just try to evade rests so i can do the utilt.

nookrulz

Smash Ace
but on topic (well, not originally, but more recently), I used to have a lot of trouple with ylink until doll helped me out. now, at 0-5%, i can do the dair->vdrop->grap->fthrow->fthrow->dash

Fonz

Smash Ace
Against someone like ganon or bowser, their DI doesn't really matter. You can grab them before they move hardly at all. It's much harder against mid weights. The problem is you have to land right after the first few frames of the hitbox. And be right on top of them so they get hit through you. Its not exactly practical to attack like that unless their shield is broken or something.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
wow... Fonz.. i hate your Peach... Doll.. i hate your peach more... Nook.. I love your peach cause it represents TNR soo nicely :)

BTW.. fest is now at the location in Fairfax.. wooo

nookrulz

Smash Ace
...and cause you can dominate it w/ your falco.
I would suggest moving like the last page to the Peach Discussion, but it might be too intelligent for "Peach is/isn't too cheap!!!!!!1" central.

Fonz

Smash Ace
nookrulz said:
...and cause you can dominate it w/ your falco.
I would suggest moving like the last page to the Peach Discussion, but it might be too intelligent for "Peach is/isn't too cheap!!!!!!1" central.
Haha yeah, peach discussion is total garbs. Don't forget: "Is wavedashing REALLY that important for peach? I don't think she needs it, or l-canceling."

Doll

Smash Journeyman
Fonz said:
Haha yeah, peach discussion is total garbs. Don't forget: "Is wavedashing REALLY that important for peach? I don't think she needs it, or l-canceling."

To be honest...She doesn't really need l-canceling... XD;

Fonz, I just found some weird thingy with Dsmash. On Pokemon stadium on the grass stage, the small tree bush on the right. If peach Dsmash on the edge of that tree, the Dsmash hit box becomes huge. O_o;;

May as well discuss peach stuff.

Personally, my favorite move out of her... entire gay arsenals is her dash attack. That thing is overpowered, nice range, lightning fast, scary priority (Cancels out marth's Fsmash O_o;;,, Blocks Ylink's bonerang and hits him!). It also pushes people away when attempting recovering. XD

Aso I'm starting to like her shield game now.

Most dash attacks in the game can be punished with upsmash out of shield.

Umbrella or full jump Nair **** people's approach.

Jump then drop turnip when someone is charging at you when you are shielding then Dair into Dsmash is super sexy also.

Magus420

Smash Master
TehRagDoll said:
What I do is throw turnip up, roll then wave dash and start charging Dsmash and release it before the turnip hits. Depend on the turnip; it does 36%-42% o.o;. I prop get the 2% more cause I charged the Dsmash a lil longer. Death turnip = 56% I think and you can catch it again. O_o;;

If a jigz missed a rest when she's above 50%, you can shoulder her to death in FD. o_o; It's hard to aim though, but I found a nice trick to help, that is if you face forward (not backward like you would usually do when you're shouldering), you can shoulder more easily. It's a combo too.
That won't work if they know how to DI the right way.

The best thing for a peach to kill a jiggs with on level ground after a rest is an u-air. You can also float through them when doing it to make them DI it badly as well. A turnip before it can get you a KO at slightly less damage on some stages, but the turnip itself can start to be teched around that percent.

Fonz

Smash Ace
TehRagDoll said:
To be honest...She doesn't really need l-canceling... XD;
Its definitely not as critical to peach's game as other characters, but I think sutff like djc bairs/nairs and other non floated aerials have their place in making peach less predictable. The slingshot on the djc bair is really nice =0

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
stop talking about peach... lol this is tnr recuitment.. not peach combos! (omg im so gonna get killed by the 3 peach players.. haha i could imagine team peach vs me on FD.. with FF off...im dead) but for real.. whats the deal with airline food? am i right? (haha i love copying people!)

and redd.. I DO I DO!!!

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
hey.. anyone able to pick me up tomorrow? lol i'll pay for the gas if i have to... i just want to smash... really bad.

nookrulz

Smash Ace
k so i added another pic to the collage and also cleaned it up a tid bit. Also, I changed the font to the one from Independence Day b/c I love that movie.

edit: made a small change that spices it up at the Native Resolution, but makes the text impossible to read at anything smaller or maybe larger, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom