• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical TNR Recruitment Page... Also Welcomes L@wl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris with Lime

Smash Rookie
No luck contacting Wuss yet, but there's still time.

At least it looks like I should be able to make it Thursday, though it'd be a big help if you could tell me of any Metro or bus stops near the place.

As to my characters, I main Doc in addition to Marth. Marth is the character I'll usually use if I want to win in a tournament, though like I said I've only been to one (I remember playing a Marth mirror match against this guy called "Black Hayato" or something, and getting him to 3rd game at 1 stock and around 40% . . . I love Rainbow Cruise). I generally like playing as Doc more, though, and I'm pretty fair with him anyway. My secondaries are Kirby, and I guess Young Link. I play Sheik a bit too, though I wouldn't consider her main or secondary since I'm pretty bad as a Sheik player, even if I might have more success than with Young Link or Kirby.

If I reach Wuss, at least one of us will post here.

nookrulz

Smash Ace
Rich, you can take Falco off my secondary list. I only play one character, it's time for everyone to face it (including me).

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
lol noooo!!! i was hoping to see if i could beat your secondary.. but now since you dont have one.. both your main and secondary is peach!

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
lol if i keep practicing and get some actual skills (other than lucky tips).. i might be able to beat your peach too!

Chris with Lime

Smash Rookie
Seems Wuss is at some sort of camp. Though I'm not sure if it's of the summer, fashion, or boot variety, I have heard that he's not returning from it until Friday.

Anyway, I've been looking around the Washington Metro Area Transit Authority or whatever web site, and I THINK I can take the Chantilly-Greenbriar line the last mile or two from GMU, where the other bus line ends. Anyone know if that works, or if there are any closer lines?

nookrulz

Smash Ace
That's the closest one (the Vienna-GMU stop), but it's still kinda far. Somebody would have to pick you up. Are you coming thursday, friday, or both? I could pick you up on Thursday around 2:45.

Chris with Lime

Smash Rookie
That's the closest one (the Vienna-GMU stop), but it's still kinda far. Somebody would have to pick you up. Are you coming thursday, friday, or both? I could pick you up on Thursday around 2:45.
I appreciate it, but I can definitely get a ride in on Thursday (though technically it's Thursday now anyway). I guess on Friday, I'll be in the area anyway, though I'm not sure if I'm going to that yet. Thanks, though.

Thursday should be interesting for me, considering it'll be the first time I've played Melee in over a month. So, if I can't wavedash very well, that's definitely the one and only reason. Ahem.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I appreciate it, but I can definitely get a ride in on Thursday (though technically it's Thursday now anyway). I guess on Friday, I'll be in the area anyway, though I'm not sure if I'm going to that yet. Thanks, though.

Thursday should be interesting for me, considering it'll be the first time I've played Melee in over a month. So, if I can't wavedash very well, that's definitely the one and only reason. Ahem.
A reading from the book of JOHN.

>_>

FOB

Smash Ace
sry for the late reply...
Sure I'd love to be in TNR. When it comes to my seconds and stuff though, you might as well put none.
One more thing, I'm also going for TA. So... If I get recruited can i be in both?
Or... is that not possible?

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
FOB... yu so foonie!
lol you're kidding me, right? you dont have any secondaries at all? i mean.. not even one? Jesus Q. Kazoo... lol i guess if you're that good as doc you dont really need a second. oh well.

Wuss

Smash Champion
Seems Wuss is at some sort of camp. Though I'm not sure if it's of the summer, fashion, or boot variety, I have heard that he's not returning from it until Friday.

Anyway, I've been looking around the Washington Metro Area Transit Authority or whatever web site, and I THINK I can take the Chantilly-Greenbriar line the last mile or two from GMU, where the other bus line ends. Anyone know if that works, or if there are any closer lines?
I was at a camp, not boot style tho (thank the lord...)
I am here but since my mom doesnt let me play smash, and my dad is slightly pissed because he didnt know that tourneys cold be more than 5$ (parents...), I probably cant do anything soon...

double post because of quote...
bad reason...
hey chris!!!??!?!?!?!?!

O yea, I think nook and I should be vice captains. (should be co captains or something else...)

Chris with Lime

Smash Rookie
hey chris!!!??!?!?!?!?!

QUOTE]

Yeah? Just don't forget that I could own you until about 3 months ago. Enjoy camp?

Redd- Book of John? I said "Ahem," not "Amen." <_<

Anyway, I went to the thing at CCX today. My record was 3-8, 2 of those 3 being by default. *cough* At least I managed to beat FOB in a Doc ditto.

Also, I'm considering trying to get better with Sheik to replace Marth as one of my primaries.

nookrulz

Smash Ace
Chozen... I'd love to be vice-captain. wolud that be ok even though i'm headed off to college 3 hours away? PS i've decided to make Shiek my secondary because she's **** easy to learn. As Drephen shows, you only need three moves, kinda like with Peach (dsmash=dsmash, turnip=grab/dthrow, nair=fair)

nookrulz

Smash Ace
That one's almost as sweet as mine. I really like all the cuts all over Fox, kinda like opposing players' arms after they play TNR.

Wuss

Smash Champion
That banner is tightizzle!!!
yo chozen, it is slightly possible that I could have a few peeps over at my dads on monday (aka tommorrow). A few meaning like 4...
talk to me...

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Sry.. i thought i had already read that post due to the mad crazy postage of you right now... Yeah. I'll be there, just gimmi your address n' stuff... i have to leave by 4:30 cause i have to be back out here by 5:30.

FOB

Smash Ace
Anyone from TNR want to team for that Nod3 thing?

Edit: Nvm me and my friend are going to team

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
o ****!!! ck kick *** banner....what do i just cut and paste it!? sorry im horrible w/ this shiznit...I FINALLY HAVE A ****ING BANNER!!!!...OHHH YEAEAEAA!!!!

man ccx pissed the **** out of me....ck thanks fro helping me out... top tier here i come (marth and fox.....(same as ck's XD))...i cant STAND losing to top tier noobs....and REALLY REALLY weird mario players....AND beating ab 4 out of 5 times...and then he ***** come torney time...sigh...at least i was the best link player there...i mean there was only like one other weird dude...

man i ****ing hate samsh....but i love it more...its a love hate relationship....*goes and helplessly practices at 3:00AM*

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think posting in the TNR thread actually makes me worse, so i don't know why i'm posting this. ****

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
o ****!!! ck kick *** banner....what do i just cut and paste it!? sorry im horrible w/ this shiznit...
Right click on the image and then go to properties... then get the url for the img... then go to sig and you have to put
kindof like you're doing a quote. Hope that helps... TNR PHO LYFE
i think posting in the TNR thread actually makes me worse, so i don't know why i'm posting this. ****
... You're terrible in bed anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom