• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*OFFICAL* 2006 FL Tournament Player Statistics

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Guys quit arguein about this money **** :urg: if you guys proceed on arguein I'll have to **** you next tourney I go to :urg:. I will if I have to.

BTW...I need a sig..let me make one right now

---------------
I'll MM anyone. Bring It.
My **** is humongous.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Xif: I'm glad you can joke about that too... both of those sigs are really funny.

Oh and peach marth is an even match. Maybe slightly in favor of marth, if at all. Peach beats marth with dodges and roll--ironic because neither of which do damage, but its the truth. Even I have my marth issues though; but i like that match.

because i'm masochistic.

Oh yeah and 5 man crew update (to remain somewhat on subject): Rock Tipman Flowin Mav Chops. I think these 5 are currently the undisputable 5 man.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think it's undisputable...at the moment the only 3 I would say have a guaranteed spot on the team are Lamb, Flowin, and Mav!!!

I don't think I can say yet who I'd put for the other two slots!!!

:colorful:

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Will you $ match me DaShizWiz lolz. We were about to MM at the Nexus but you were like " Dang I would money match you Lee, but our games are too close and I dont wanna take the risk of losing 5-10 or so dollars to you lolz. Besides your Sheik is just........unique lolz" I was like "I guess i'll take that as a compliment lolz." Not sayin I do but would you or your brothers want to $$$ match me ???

Wat about the following team -
Lamb
Mave
Tipman
Rocky
QDVS
Flowin (if theres space)
Random Peach (if theres space)

^^ What do you guys think about that line up ?

Lee cnt win MM cuz nobody knows u :cry:
- ShInAdVeNt -

Mav

Furries For The Win
I'm sorry Syn I'll update the page and include you. Is just that I was in a rush last time.

Ok on topic, here's what I think most of FL can agree upon.

Florida 5 Man Crew Team:

Chops
Flowin
Mav
______
______

Are the other two spots undecided? Or can FL agree upon 2 canidates. So far from what I've read, the potential nominies are Tipman and RockCrock. Noucles has all ready cut himself off as a possible canidate. So unless anyone can make an argument as to why Tip and Rock shouldn't be on the team, speak now.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess I'll say Rock can be on it, but I think we need to see how he does at the next tourney.....if he places below top 5 again then I don't think he can use the off john!!!

It'll mean he is inconsistent/not top FL material anymore!!!

And concerning myself.....I think I need one more tourney as well to see if I am consistent enough to do well at SAVII!!!

That's all my opinion!!!

:colorful:

Mav

Furries For The Win
Nice post Queen.

Yes we deffinetly need to see what West Coast FL can do in another tourney. I'm guessing that perhaps Fort 2 would be the one, if South East FL's best wind up going.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Yeah Id say if youre going to make a list of "definites" we should put
Falco
Mav
Tipman
Rock
-----

then we can dispute whether we actually want two falcos on the team. and if we only want one, who is it? (impossible decision) IMO Tipman and Rock are definitely on the team.

I'd go with that as a list of definites over your three maverick.

for the 5th spot we consider the second falco, a sheik, or a peach.

DooooooDah

Banned via Administration
Maverick has to be on it.He's like the ashole in those disney movies who will do anything to win.Not that he's an *******......hes just a good camper.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
lolwtf ppl doubting my abilites??

I'll have plenty of time to pratice over the summer, you can expect me to be in tip top shape come SAVII.

Unbelieveable.

Rock, Flow, Mave, Lamb, Tip

Queen, Nouc, exponential growth from their on...

SynikaL

Smash Lord
exarch said:
Oh and peach marth is an even match. Maybe slightly in favor of marth, if at all.
Thank you.

I swear Peach players love to hype this matchup as if she can't win. Peach's offense is evil. I consider Peach vs Marth to be one of the most even macthups in Melee next to Fox vs Falco.

-Syn
(Lex, will you speak English please?)

Mav

Furries For The Win
Camping is for n00bs. I never camp. =P I get owned by camping, *coughchopscough*

Rock: Yeah that's the team I'm leaning towards.

Peachtress

Smash Ace
Most even matchup? May be, but I'm still under impression that Marth, has indeed, the upper-hand.

Nah, I don't think so, close, but Marth prevails.

-Lex
(Syn, stfu :)-Thats for the endless times you've ***** me with marth :laugh:)

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
syn: i dunno how much peach experience you get against your marth, but i can only assume its very little.

in any case, against MOST marth's, it can be an even fight for peach.

there's a unique style though (one that maverick uses) that can almost completely shut peach down.

I am pretty even with johnny, and my set with queen went down to the last match.

but against maverick i may win about 1% of the time, something that wasnt always the case.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
XIF said:
syn: i dunno how much peach experience you get against your marth, but i can only assume its very little.
Wow, nice way to be condscending there buddy.Too bad you assume wrong. Not to sound elitist, but I'm pretty confident I know the matchup better than you. How well I execute it is a different argument all together.Any Peach who wants to argue Marth > Peach can just look towards Wife (or his ATL match with Ken, which I witnessed with my own eyes) to have him shove a proverbial sock in their mouths.

The Marth hate never stops.

"totally tangible, they should nonetheless partake in this team. I vote "Yes"

LMFAO. GTF outta here kid.

-Kye
(LMAO at your sig XIF. The turnip is too good)

co_and_me

Smash Lord
yeah marth has the same problem with samus that he does with peach. Because they typically out live him. Also you can get a comparitivly quick kill on him once in a while. Plus his fair approach has to be cautious because both characters can CC and return well.

Mav

Furries For The Win
I suggest that the next FL tourney that comes up, teams should be dropped for a crew battle tournament. With one of the crews being the suggested FL 5 man team. Chops, Flowin, Mav, Rock, Tip. So we can really see how that team shapes up vs the rest of FL.

XIF

Smash Master
i'm not trying to be condescending, but there are like what? 3 peaches? me, exarch and lex. 2 of which i KNOW rarely play with you.

If those are the ones where ken uses fox some of the matches, *which is what i think you are referring to* then, i'd have to say that ken still won IIRC >_>;;;

I agree with you... sort of. It isnt an impossible match up, i'm confident i could beat alot of marth's in FL, but there are ways that marth can completely counter peach... like, how an agressive falco can be even with marth but a camping one can give marth one hell of a time.

PS: i liked your sig lex >_>

Mav

Furries For The Win
I agree with XIF it all depends on style. There are so many ways to play a character. I think the better question is, what style counters what in the case of Marth vs Peach.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
XIF said:
i'm not trying to be condescending, but there are like what? 3 peaches? me, exarch and lex. 2 of which i KNOW rarely play with you.
I play Tipman's boy's Peach (Noodle) a good deal and anyone that's played him will tell you he's ****ED good, especially for a player that knows little about the higher level aspects of the game. I also play Lex every now and again, as we live in the same county.

If those are the ones where ken uses fox some of the matches, *which is what i think you are referring to* then, i'd have to say that ken still won IIRC >_>;;;
Right. Ken lost the first two matches to Wife and was forced to use Fox the third match on PS. EVERY match Ken used Marth against Wife was EXTREMELY close IIRC -- I'm talking high-percentage-last-stock close. Wife even beat Ken on YS, Marth's "counter" level. I almost had to invest in a pacemaker, 'cause the final match was so close (the set was 4-3 Ken).

I agree with you... sort of. It isnt an impossible match up, i'm confident i could beat alot of marth's in FL, but there are ways that marth can completely counter peach... like, how an agressive falco can be even with marth but a camping one can give marth one hell of a time.

This makes sense until you realize you're really just talking semantics here. If I wanted to, I could say Wife has a dominate style vs. Marth that other Peaches just haven't managed to tap into.

-Syn

Peachtress

Smash Ace
...XIF, go to hell :) that thang took me like hours to make....nice taking "Lex" off though--awesome editing skills. You w h o r e, but i'll permit it only because your semi-cool and play Peach.

Anywayz, so OK, playing Peach a certain way can eliminate marths or vice versa. Ultimately, it all comes down to your "counter styles" in order to eliminate that opponent IMO.

Counter styles seems fairly plausible to me, it all depends on how you play that Marth--wether you counter him because you know the array of moves to be executed wisely in every situation, or you simply don't. Therefore, it all comes down to the style you apply in this specific matchup..

-Lex (XIF, you owe me)

XIF

Smash Master
syn: you also have to take into account that ken as some serious peach issues. Ask wife and he'll tell you thats his one character weakness. In that set Ken wasnt even DI'ing correctly out of the down throw. (its pretty important against peach, cause it can often lead to an easy kill if you DI it incorrectly).

The way i see it, this counter style i'm talking about (i wish i could explain it, but take my word on it) works on small stages, where peach really cant run. Final D, pokestadium, and DL64 it can be worked around but even then the opprotunity to work around it is ridiculously situational and small.

please excuse my gross exaggerations but the point is that marth DOES counter peach, and the problem is that peach doesnt have that counter style to fight back effectively.

PS: noodle is pretty good, i forgot about him.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
yeah mean you really know how to copy and paste with images. That is impressive. Anyway I dont know much about the match up. But I do think stealing the signature is pretty lame dude. If you used it and made it better or funnier then great.... lame-o. lol. Anyway I think setting up the crew wouldnt be a bad idea to get a feel for stuff.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
XIF said:
syn: you also have to take into account that ken as some serious peach issues.

How do you know this? Do you play Ken on a regular basis and come to that assessment? Did he tell you this?

The way i see it, this counter style i'm talking about (i wish i could explain it, but take my word on it) works on small stages, where peach really cant run.
C'mon Xiffy, you're more articulate than that. Just say you don't want talk about possible ways for Marth to beat your Peach and done :laugh: .

please excuse my gross exaggerations but the point is that marth DOES counter peach
Nope.

and the problem is that peach doesnt have that counter style to fight back effectively.
Yet Wife is able to handle, Husband, Neo AND Ken's Marth. Never mind the fact that he plays the previous two fairly often.

-KG

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Peach and Marth are pretty even, the thing is Mave is just reading you XIF that is why he owns you. Not because Marth > Peach.

Now to the SA7 State battles I suggest what Mave suggested.

Lets have a practice Crew tourney next tourney so the we can mix and match some teams. obviously the players need to have chemistry and know how to play with one another and things like who will be starting the fight against the other crew.

HOLLA

NBP Mike

Smash Journeyman
According to the roy is top tier ratings marth has a +.5 advantage except on dreamland64 were peach is large and incharge

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Maverick said:
I suggest that the next FL tourney that comes up, teams should be dropped for a crew battle tournament. With one of the crews being the suggested FL 5 man team. Chops, Flowin, Mav, Rock, Tip. So we can really see how that team shapes up vs the rest of FL.

MAN SEX !!! For you guys that dont know fruity talk, that translates to - Great idea Mave
Another thing.......There are counter playstyles because if you think about it, on a regular basis Sheik counters Marth right. Well that might be true but Ken counters Sheik.

If we do Mavericks idea of the 5 man crew battle and 1-up doesnt show up then can I be on the team that plays the suggested 5 ? Plz :p I think the teams should be this.

FL Crew- <---VS---> Random PPL-
Mave<-------------->Nouc
Tippy<-------------->DaShizWiz/FoxHound/Animal Control
Flowin<------------->Johny/Syn/Queenie
Rocky<------------->Lee/1-Up
Lamby<------------> Lex/XiF

Other Nominees -
Raffa ???
Exarch
W Jr.
PunX
Shin Chaos
DarkFalchion ???
KeepSpeedN

^^This Should be fun :chuckle:

No 1 cares about my 2 cents:cry:
- advent102 -

DooooooDah

Banned via Administration
advent102 said:
MAN SEX !!! For you guys that dont know fruity talk, that translates to - Great idea Mave
Another thing.......There are counter playstyles because if you think about it, on a regular basis Sheik counters Marth right. Well that might be true but Ken counters Sheik.

If we do Mavericks idea of the 5 man crew battle and 1-up doesnt show up then can I be on the team that plays the suggested 5 ? Plz :p I think the teams should be this.

FL Crew- <---VS---> Random PPL-
Mave<-------------->Nouc
Tippy<-------------->DaShizWiz/FoxHound/Animal Control
Flowin<------------->Johny/Syn/Queenie
Rocky<------------->Lee/1-Up
Lamby<------------> Lex/XiF

Other Nominees -
Raffa ???
Exarch
W Jr.
PunX
Shin Chaos
DarkFalchion ???
KeepSpeedN

^^This Should be fun :chuckle:

No 1 cares about my 2 cents:cry:
- advent102 -
DaShizWiz?!!......Shin Chaos?!......Wes Jr.????......PunX?!!!....and this ones the funniest:KeepSpeedN??!!!.....Sorry Lee, but the only Elite players up there,besides the top 5,is MAYBE,1-Up or DF....oh and FoxHound....oh **** and raffa too....but tipmans already there............SVC is nowhere near elite(no offense),and the 2 peaches suck, due ta emotional problems and experience/age.And the last 2 tourneys Nouc has been in, he's sucked ***.....it could be due to tha peeps he had to go up against early.....then again, he did lose to shin chaos at nexus...which is weird for a fox to lose to a shiek.Especially Nouc's fox.The top 5 is fine with TIP, MAVE, CHOPS, ROCK,and FLOW.

And I mean no offense peepees.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
...That sounds like a good idea Lee. And yes I'll MM you next tourney i go to. I'm pretty confident :). I'll MM you 5$'s. Good Luck.

I like this idea about crew battles. Lets do that.

Top Bottom