• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*OFFICAL* 2006 FL Tournament Player Statistics

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, what are you talking about DooDah. S.V.C. Is pretty good...atleast some members of it are. I mean I've gotten way better..I almost took queens Money. And I beat Johnny in like..2 sets out of 3....Johnny's good.

DooooooDah

Banned via Administration
Almost beating some1 means nothing. No offense, but no 1 in florida is as dominetnt as those 5....right now at least.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
....I get what your saying....Well, I'll try to prove myself at FORT1. And I MM Johnny, Queen, Rock, Lamb, etc.
Whoever wants to fight me.

Peachtress

Smash Ace
Why u gotta put it so raw Doodah?! I know most of us aren't "elite" but ****, don't hate...jk... :)

But yeah, I'd have to agree with Pete, just drop it and leave it the way it is.

-Lex

DooooooDah

Even the youngest(and best) peach thinks Doodah is right.Doodah for Florida Smash President.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Doodah is the man, but still the actual Florida crew has to play against some 1 so why not the people on the list.......personally I think your right Doodah I nor really anyone else is as elite as the top 5. And come on even Comp thinks W Jr. is good. Any ways Ima start MM ppl just to post that I beat/got ***** by them. I think I wanna MM a c0ck, flowin maybe ? I also might MM Doodah, DaShizWiz, KeepSpeedN, SmashMac, Lex, XiF, Shin Chaos, N2K5, and probly more.

DaShizWiz - Within 3 days of solitude I think I have also gotten better (considering that I only can play LvL. 9s) its just I still have no confidence in myself, even though I beat a lot of the players at the Nexus. I still think that I rather sux.

:cry:
- adventurous -

Mav

Furries For The Win
Glad my idea is catching on. Now all we need is the right tournament. Any suggestions?

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Ok so since most of us are up for crews instead of teams... (and assuming rock does crews)
Then assuming Team FL or something close to it does get entered... As do other crews...

What happens if Team FL doesn't win? How are we going to evaluate who did best in crews? What if someone on another crew consistently takes out 6 stock every time they play? How do we know what each individual did in crews, and does that individual deserve to be considered for the team, or did they just get put up against regional n00bs?

If we do crews at the next tourney, I think we need to keep very detailed records of the matches. I think all of these questions need to be addressed and answered semi-satisfactorily before the crew tourney happens. Instead of just writing who the winner is; we need to record the beginning of every match including players, characters, and stock count. Like "Tipman 3 Ganon vs 1up 4 Sheik". Then have that for each match in the crew battle.

We can draw much more specific and accurate conclusions from a crew battle recorded that way than SVC>Team FL. Instead with more specific records we can see SVC<Team FL except that Risu took out 8 stock... maybe risu should be on the team.

We don't have too many tourneys left before SAVII.

I think we the tweak team some in the upcoming tourneys to see which team has the most success.

Starting at FORT1 though I think we do Mav Tip Rock Flowin Chops.

Why am I always so longwinded... I hope i got my message across...

Mav

Furries For The Win
Fort 1 deffinetly seems too be the way too go. I think the next step, is establishing who can make up the other crews. S.V.C, Central is they come with enough people can be 2 crews. Plus I'm sure they'll be many more groups going.

exarch

doot doot doot
Queen: we don't want to establish a secondary crew because then we start to establish a "tier list" for FL like
Top: Mav tip chops flow rock
upper: Q, Doodah, TheLaw, me, Garlic JR.

Assuming upper is the crew we'd pick to challenge the FL crew. We don't want that. Having to pick our elite-top tier is bad enough.

Every other crew should be as intraregional as possible.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I think if they wanted like a powerhouse crew to go against it would include me, Noucles, and 3 others!!!

:colorful:

EDIT: Exarch: I just don't think putting a bunch of newbie crews against Team FL would benefit them in anyway!!!

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Man this is Hard.

Another good team as of now can be this:

Rock
Queen
Mave
Tipman
Lambchops.

HOLLA

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
My bro keepspeedn wasn't saying it like...The law is hard he was basically saying that he shouldn't be on the upper tier list of Florida when exarch was giving examples lol.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
syn: wife himself says that he noticed the major issues ken has with peach, and the previous thing i said about her d throw also shows it.

this really isnt the place for this convo, and i'd argue til my brain hurt that marth>peach, even if by a small margin.

dont even get me started on what marth can do to peach from a grab alone.

XIF

Smash Master
i definitely think a good opposing crew for the FL team would be me, Q, DF, Green, and noucles

if DF doesnt come to this next tournament or w/e replace him with like... syn?, if flowin/chops isnt on the elite team then def. one of them.

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
You can't count my boy johny on.

And I officialy want Queen to be the captain of TEam Suicide er I mean team FLA reserves!

My nominees for this team:

Queen
Noucles
Johny
1up
XIF

HOLLA

DooooooDah

Hmmmm sounds interesting however,I've placed highter than noucs at all tournies this year......me and nouc MM!!!!!!!

NBP Mike

Smash Journeyman
Whatev that crew from wisconsin will be at fort1 again and I heard they are sick they have like a peach shiek and DK with some others.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I smell.... team FL. This post was pointless. just remeber MAV smells dont MM him cause then you have to sit by him

DooooooDah

NBP Mike said:
Whatev that crew from wisconsin will be at fort1 again and I heard they are sick they have like a peach shiek and DK with some others.
DK?WTF?....

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
FlowinWater said:
You can't count my boy johny on.

And I officialy want Queen to be the captain of TEam Suicide er I mean team FLA reserves!

My nominees for this team:

Queen
Noucles
Johny
1up
XIF

HOLLA

I want to take 1-up's place if he doesnt come. And so long as I dont have to play Lambchops cuz last time we played I only got 2 stocks in a 4 stock match so yea lolz. Lamby is a BEAST.

:cry:
- ShinAdvent -

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wasn't trying to form like a tier thing exarch.......I simply wished to bring together another crew that would have the best chance of competing with Team FL so as to give them a challenge at the next tourney we have this crew battle!!!

XIF

Smash Master
its actually the best idea of the whole thread.

getting a top 10 is easier than a top 5 in this state, and we can now pit 2 crews which we think have a good chance of competing at all. We can gather alot of info like who counters what character most effectively, who doesnt choke/suicide (queen >_>), those who are actually just better for a crew battle.

and we can also get some overall info, like how to counter certain matchups, cause it'd be horrible to send in a marth to take down the last stock of a fox only to get 3 stocked by a sheik.

we could also try out many different crew combinations and ideas.

Flowin: i am honored to be in the FL reserves =P

DooooooDah

OH YEA!!!???!
Doodah
NBPMike
Azen
Ken
Bomb Solider

......................................................................*****es......

DooooooDah

XIF said:
its actually the best idea of the whole thread.

getting a top 10 is easier than a top 5 in this state, and we can now pit 2 crews which we think have a good chance of competing at all. We can gather alot of info like who counters what character most effectively, who doesnt choke/suicide (queen >_>), those who are actually just better for a crew battle.

and we can also get some overall info, like how to counter certain matchups, cause it'd be horrible to send in a marth to take down the last stock of a fox only to get 3 stocked by a sheik.

we could also try out many different crew combinations and ideas.

Flowin: i am honored to be in the FL reserves =P
No cuz after those 5 theres like maybe 2 or three people who are even close to their(the top 5)skill level.The only reason everyone else wants 1 is so they have a chance of "representing".

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I'm not trying to "sneak" on the team just so I can say I am on it!!!

I already said I think I need another tourney to be sure if I'm consistent enough to even be considered for the team (also taking into account my suicidal ways)!!!

But I think my idea would be better than having a bunch of weaker crews with one or two good players face Team FL!!!

exarch

doot doot doot
no. no. no.

My example is intentionally a bogus example. I'm just saying whatever crew we form to take on Team FL will INEVITABLY become looked at as the second best in FL; the upper tier crew.

You cannot argue that it wont, because i cite the example of those on the FL team being referred to as Elite.

The idea of creating another crew to challenge the FL crew is the worst idea in this thread.

You guys have to believe me. The point of this isn't to get a crew thats going to beat them. We're trying to create an undefeatable crew in FL. What is more important than trying to find a crew that could beat them (supposed to be impossible) is ensuring that they don't lose more than 4 stock to any individual--Especially after the first match.

If we create an opposing crew it will be implicitly-if not explicitly-composed of the second best in FL. This creates (un)concious Floridian smasher tiers.

Creating a "secondary" FL smash crew will only bring up the issues that were established in the "Best in FL thread." We all remember how that went; and I don't think any of us are proud of what happened in that thread. Like I said: trying to create top five is bad enough; but any more and anyone with their **** in their mouth is going to deserve a spot on the team.

Control yourselves. Think about what you're doing an what it entails. The only reason I suggested this discussion for FL crew in the first place is I was trying to help FL's placing at SAVII. A secondary FL team has nothing to do with SAVII.

Stop this discussion of a secondary FL team now. I leave for 3 hours and this thread goes to hell. Please stop.

derf

Smash Ace
Maverick said:
I suggest that the next FL tourney that comes up, teams should be dropped for a crew battle tournament. With one of the crews being the suggested FL 5 man team. Chops, Flowin, Mav, Rock, Tip. So we can really see how that team shapes up vs the rest of FL.
no offense maverick, i understand you wanting to test drive team Fl. but id rather have teams.
a crew battle tournament would be heavily stacked in that crews favor. and, from a personal standpoint, i find teams really fun and wouldnt want to sacrifice a teams tourney, especially for a tourney im traveling a long ways to get to.

you could very easily still have teams and just have a 5 v 5 crew battle between team fl and another crew or 2 on the side or after singles

exarch said:
Creating a "secondary" FL smash crew will only bring up the issues that were established in the "Best in FL thread." We all remember how that went; and I don't think any of us are proud of what happened in that thread. Like I said: trying to create top five is bad enough; but any more and anyone with their **** in their mouth is going to deserve a spot on the team.
i would hope that for the temporary status of trial team member, floridians could put aside their differences. this doesnt really mean anything so fighting over it is kinda silly. any secondary 5 man crew would be filled with good players. the purpose of this team would be to get team fl some practice not to decide on a second tier of fl smashers

Top Bottom