• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*OFFICAL* 2006 FL Tournament Player Statistics

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thanks Doc..even though I don't even know if I'm going..But I appreciate what your saying man..

BannedDah

Banned via Administration
Yes ill agree, DaShizWiz is getting very good. But, he doesnt have experience.......lets see how he does at my revenege

NBP Mike

Smash Journeyman
Umm I think you guys are going about it all wrong what team Kansas did was hold a small tourney every week to first establish the top players (invite only) then figured out the best suited teams. That way you can actually see consistency becuase a tourney every month is not very consistent thats why it makes things hard when you have to consider Nouc or someone who did poorly at just 1 tourney. If you have a ton of tourneys youll get a better idea then just one every couple months.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Mave said:
Queen has even said it himself, he lacks character experience.
In this state battle situation, he doesn't need to have a wide range of experience. He will only be playing 2-3 people. A good thing about Queen is he fights all match ups with Marth, so we don't have to worry about him being unfamiliar with a match up.

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
No doodah If we wanted variety our team will be:

Mave
XIF/Exarch
SSBMShiek
Rock
And Lamb.

Point being yes that is a balanced teams, but is that the best team? NO. Like I said before if FLA is to do good in this state battle, **** variety if our other players that main as something else don't place great in tourneys. The crew should have THE BEST not THE BEST players with the BEST CHARACTERS!

Half of your team can be taken down by space animals Doodah.

Falco/fox **** ganon, Sheik, and to some extent Peach if is Fox on FD.

You can have the most varied characters in the world and STILL get owned by ONE character.
I don't want that to happen so to lessen the chance of that happening we need to put the BEST players out there.

Lamb, Rock and Mave are definate. They are the only ones who win big tourneys in the state and always place top 5 (cept Rock that noob at NEXUS).

And like Rock said, Queen won't need that much EXP against other characters since if he does bad against one we simply don't give him that matchup if it can be avoided, however he IS good enough to at least take some stock any how.
in my case like Nouc mentioned me And Lamb play completely different. He has an edge overall though.

Well how about this team:

Mave
Lamb
Rock
and Me if no Peach steps it up. With me and Lamb I can start off and Lamb can be saved up. I am good against pretty much everybody cept Peach and samus. But I WILL CAMP ROFL. I think is the best Idea to have a 4 man team, since the more stock for our best players = better chance to win IMO.

And WTF would we care what other states think about us? So what if we have 2 marths and 3 Space animals, how bout we have 2 marths and 3 Space animals that Win the crews! The thing is why would THEY CARE what characters we pick! THIS IS FL son!

In other words Fast Faller LAND! And who cares about bad rep? How about we start kicking some arse son! Good thing you aint FL anymore DooDah we don't need that crap here in the Sunshine state. Stay in Kansas.

DOOODDAHHHH!

HOLLA

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I'm trying not to say to much anymore in this thread; because other than my name coming up occassionally, its all SFL. Doodah's list of top players didn't include any of the CFLians aside me. And auite frankly Nafix DF Fenrir and Derf I consider all at my skill level.

BUT you guys have NO idea how peach's matchups go. I Vote no against Flowin or Rockcrock as captain. Peach does not own Falco. I don't know where you thought that up Rock, but its absolutely wrong. Its an even match IMO. Go DL some peach falco matches.

And Flowin, FD is peach's counterpick vs FFers. 2 words: chain throw. Everywhere else the chain gets interrupted. Plus FD is a larger stage. Other than DL64, FD is peach's best bet vs space animals. although DL64 is a CF counterpick.

I vote derf for FL team captain. He knows so much about character matchups and levels its insane. He doesn't have to be on the team, but he knows his stuff.

Plus its no big deal having space animals on the team. All we'd have to worry about was Marth, he's the only one that the animals don't necessarily beat. Even that is questionable too. 3 space animals are not a bad idea.

I agree with flowin and rock. Put the BEST on the team. The best are the best; who cares what characters they play? **** basing it on characters. Choose the best.

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
LMAO I was never goin for Captain.

And why put those other foxes in there Exarch? Rocks Fox > FL.

And if you want some CFL players to be on the team tell them to step it up.

And yea lmao I suck vs peach!

HOLLA

co_and_me

Smash Lord
lol at FL. thats my input. You guys make me laugh out of both my nostrils.

*samus taunt*

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
To tell you guys the honest truth...I think we should start considering Central Florida to...Fenrir has an awesome Fox that no one is thinking about...We should probably add Fenrir to the FL team..he is really good....But Rock has still the best Fox in FL..but if there are to be 3 space animals on the team...then there should be another Falco..But most important we have to have Queen on the FL team..he's awesome.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Yea Queen is One-thousand three-hundred and thirty-seven. We definantly will need him. He just needs to stop those random Suicides ..... that's all. CFL should definantly be considered as well. Fenrir's Fox is pretty insane, and people like Derf, Nafix and ofcourse Exarch should be recognized a tad bit more. I think some of FL's best actually reside in CFL ....

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
In that case Shiz we should have you in the team because your Awesome!

Also my bro is Awesome! So is Erick! so Is Dark Falchion! So is Foxhound! Hell FLA is indeed AWESOME! We have so many Awesome players is hard just to pick the 4 best!

However the thing is we DON'T need AWESOME, we need the BEST players!

Like I said yes Fenrir is good, however he is no Rock and Fox is already covered. if CFL players want to be in the crew they know what they have to do, so far SFL and WFL have just been better then they are.

Lets not turn this into a civil war (FLA STYLE!) but you guys gotta remember that being good is not enough, you gotta be the BEST!

HOLLA

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thanks Flowin for calling me awesome :). Well, I get where your coming from..But I think Queen is one of the BEST in FL. Don't get me wrong..you are also one of the BEST in FL. But I think that we need to have Queen on here..its a must have.

somedude123

Smash Ace
I vote for 5 people on the team. This would allow us to have more people to counter with, the more players the better.
Put it this way:

Lets say in the we go vs DA. We put out Flowin with 5 stocks and they put out KillaOR with 4 stock. Say that flowin is reall bad against jigglys. Who would win? More than likely KillaOR would. Losing a quarter of your stock first round would be catastrophic, while flowin would have only taken 2, maybe 3 stocks from KillaOR. If flowin had 3 or 4 stocks it would have been easier to make a comeback.

What do you guys think?

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Nouc that is a good point and it should be a team of 5. However, isn't there a way to avoid that? Like say we put in Maverick first instead of Flowin (even though I know you were just using Flowin as an example), wouldn't Maverick be the wiser pick of the FL. team to fight first so we can avoid that? I personally really don't think Maverick has bad match-ups since he's so flexible with the characters in the game.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I agree with noucles

and I believe we need a ness on the team to counter the fox's, marth's, and sheik's! /sarcasm :p

RockCrock

Smash Champion
More players may seem better at first, but you have to remember that the best players are not going to have weaknesses. They will know all the matchups, and will be able to handle whatever we throw at them. We are going to have a hard time countering them, even if we have more players and more options. And more players also means less stock to make an effective counter with.

One person the team needs no matter how many people, is someone who is comfortable going first. They must be able to handle nearly all matchups (preferrably with one character), and little (read: No) weaknesses.

Another thing: if we decide to do a four man team, it would probably be best to play of the the duplicate characters first, and the other one third. Inother words, avoid putting our fast fallers, or marths one after another.

ahhhhhhh so much strategy! :smash:

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Good point!

I am comfortable goin first, and I do on mostly all the crew battles I am in :)

And the decision so far where everybody is at least coming to a close is a 4/5 man team. 6 is a bit of a stretch.

So before we decide the players how about we decide how many players are goin to be in the Team? Should we do this the American way and vote? Or just think of it last second?

HOLLA

somedude123

Smash Ace
Smashmac: I agree that mave would be an ideal choice vs DA.

Rock: But our best players do have weaknesses, generally Peach,Jiggly and Samus. DA is composed of Wes,KillaOR,and MikeG. Those 3 alone are likely very likely to beat our top 3 animals. I'm thinking 5 (the remaining 2 being Tip and Mave)would also be a safeguard against this type of situation.

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Yea but DA doesn't have Mike G anymore.

Remember is STATE crew battles Mike G is in GA while the other DA members are in NY.

And yea Peach and Samus > Flowin.

HOLLA

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Yea RockCrock's another guy for possibly going first. I really don't think he has a weakness in characters. But still either Flowin or Maverick should go first.

EDIT:
The order of the team should be highly stratigized. Someone that feels confident going first should be Flowin since he does good, but then after Flowin we should have Maverick to keep up the lead and/or keep us even, then we could throw out Lambchops. Since Lambchop's Falco is different from Flowin's it'd be a different approach. Last we should have RockCrock. RockCrock seems to be the kind of guy that get's out of tough spots easily and Rock really keeps his cool during tournaments. Assuming that we have a 5th member that mains a floaty character like Marth or Peach ... or Jiggs, we could then throw them out there as the wild card. If that 5th Member was Tipman then we'd be fine. Tipman is another dude that is flexible with characters like Maverick and is good with each one (Even though his Ganon is the best).

Honors

Smash Journeyman
The question that needs to be thought of, is that if the people chosen would be able to go or at least are planning to go?

Noucles and anyone interested: I'll be done with college by the end of the first week of May, so I could be able to give some training or meet up at Xif's weekly smashfest, or possibly make a smashfest at my university at a place called the Flightdeck (I just need to see if there are any extra outputs for tvs.), and will play peach and samus if you that is what your worried about.

N2K6

Smash Apprentice
When is the next Local tourney so I can prove that I should be one of the crew members?

Mav

Furries For The Win
Something to keep in mind, is that we can only go in with one character through out the entire State Battles. I'm not sure if everyone understands that.

I like the idea of Flowin going first. He can handle practically anything thrown at him. Plus camping ownz crew battles. And Falco ownz Caming.

I like the discussion. How are we going to decide 4 or 5 man? There's no question now that each has it's advantage/disadvantages. But what we have to decide is, which style can we best take advantage of?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I vote mav for the first to go in. The only issue would be sheik, but our other option (falco) is much worse, and i think rock should be saved for countering and what not.

We also need people who A: stick with only 1 character, and B: know each character match up well...

(thinks he falls into both)

(wishes he had stepped it up a fraction of an inch more at FORT1)

Peachtress

Smash Ace
Queen, I think SmashMac may have meant that they posses knowledge about all characters and are flexible with who they fight and who they are up against, regardless of character.

-LeX

Mav

Furries For The Win
If you take the "L" out of Lex and replace it with an "S" then what do you get? <_<

You get my random post of the day ^_^

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
XIF said:
We also need people who A: stick with only 1 character, and B: know each character match up well...
umm arent you limited to one char only so it doesnt really matter, oh and whats wrong with a multi character player? MM me $5 2/3 ill go random each match and if it lands on ganon ill go random again.

Top Bottom