• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ODU Vs. CNU Vs. W&M Crew Battle $MM! 10/19/07

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Toasty is a beast for organizing

Caboose was an animal for hosting, hope the mess isn't too much after its all over.

love ODU, I want to get some more games in with ya'll

Toasty - you know my weakness is the pika, but I respect you going ness
W&M - thanks for coming out guys
ODU mario guy - good game, too bad it was only one
Some random sheik that played me at the end - good game, you should just chain grab me, cuz I'll definately do it to you. hahahah, I have so much sheik practice
DEAN (WTF) - you are such a good smasher, I wouldn't mind some more games with you either
NDN - yeah, I don't know what to say, CF is one of the few people ganon can just gay over and over. but who can't gay cf?

who else is there????

OH YEAH, some marth player named Ether for ODU team, cool guy.

I'm such a fanboy of your marth now. Marth is one of my most confident match ups too, you def showed me what's up. thanks for what you did afterwards too man, you are a genuine guy.

<3 ODU A-team and B-team

Kitsune + O-No ---> I had my best fights against your falcos, I may be wrong but it was the first time I remember beating either of yours :D

TO CNU GUYS, thank you all for coming out, I appreciate the support you are all awesome. CNU B-team was doing so well towards the end. maybe there will be an epic rematch in the future...

Adwillia - drink much? hahaha, I know you squandered all over yourself but its cool
Cow - thanks for making us not lose by a ten stock margin :)
Trey - I feel your pain dog
X-lax - my bro, you did well. Prob should've played you against him instead of me, way to rep for CNU
Fats - "you're fats??? I expected some really fat kid?"

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
sry, eversince my cousin started playing peach, ive been getting really frustrated lately, and nothing seems to work..
Okay, that makes a little more sense then. :) Just try to keep the negative stuff outta here, cuz no one really likes it.

Yo, to everyone who took part (in any way) at tonight's crew battles~
That was: sick nasty/too good/*****in' AWESOME/etc.
However you want to put it, you know how good it all was... As a CNU C-crew semi-scrub, everything that went down tonight just totally blew my mind.. the mad skillz we witnessed tonight... *shakes head* Incredible. It was so cool to finally put names/faces/tags together, at least for me ^_^; Thanks so much to Caboose for hosting, and Toasty for organizing, and Cow for recording it all, and W&M crew for coming, and just EVERYONE! Oh, and thanks def go out to Ether for his awesome display of tops sportsmanship.

Grats on all matches tonight, whether you won or lost, and no matter what school/rank you are on. To my CNU Smashers/etc., we brought the rain, and the lightening, and surprisingly the rooster, as well as (what I took to be) our best game. We'll show 'em how we do it here at the next CNU tourney. :chuckle:

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
Fats - "you're fats??? I expected some really fat kid?"
Haha, I think that was me. Thanks for the friendlies pre-tournament.

Toasty - great job organizing, **** went down well. Also good games after the battle, your pika is too good. You'd have won every match if not for your SDs.

Caboose - thanks so much for hosting, and our matches, fun times. ledge drop wall kick knee ftw.

O-NO/Ether - good times playing teams with you guys, and singles with you Otis. Josh and I need to work on our teamwork, not that we wouldn't get 4 stocked anyway.

Xion (I think)/Frank - good save with the power cord, great friendlies, hopefully good videos. Post here when vids are up. Cow, same to you please.

To the CNU/ODU B-teams: good battles everyone, look forward to seeing the videos when they get posted. We need more practice against non-top tier characters, half our crew was like "Ice Climbers? WTF?" but oh well.

A teams, your battle is so beyond me in terms of skill and awesomeness I won't even try and say anything other than well f'ing done.

Finally, thanks to everyone else who came out!

P.S. Rematch in November?

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
I extend my apologies to the entire cnu crew for my poor performance, work will be done to make sure that doesn't happen come rematch time :grin: Too bad I couldn't stay long enough for the possibility of draft crews/doubles madness.

On the lighter notes:

Toasty- great setup, smooth operation, plenty of setups... but MAN was it humid as BALLS. Those fans helped, but only so much, man >.< I see you've finally realized that ness's fair > bowser's anything, hahahaha. Nice spacing with ness against jigs too, i assumed it'd be a cake matchup but you totally pk toasty'd that assumption.

CNU B-team- GOOD ****!! Man, john and jamie ran wild with all sorts of sick/nasty/impromptu combos. 3xpound - rest? WHO KNEW??

ODU B-team- I completely forgot you guys had Zion and Ivar, good job on the win, and young link is at least mid tier, i swear ><

W&M- Nice job guys. Josh, you had some killer combos man, a couple times when you were playing cnu I wanted to cheer you on, but hey, conflict of interests.

CNU A-team- We'll get em next time... now that we know ether can't handle sheik players with jew fro's.

ODU A-team- Ether + Va's yoshi + an array of advanced mid-tiers = nasty. Congrats on the win, even though eli never got to play :\

Kitsune- Sometimes I expect your falco to pull out a 2nd blaster... even then, your short hop triple laser would be badass. We'll get a set... eventually... 25 cent moneymatch? :)

Otis- As usual, great commentary... even if the bucks were against my team ("He's got 2 sheilds and still can't block a **** thing!"). Sucks that your work is locking down your skills man,

Ether- ... we've never actually done a straight up 2/3, 3/5 set... come to the CNU bi-weekly this coming saturday early, we'll get friendlies in and I'll try to learn the matchup. We'll do mutual matchup help, for the betterment of sova :) And if Lozr shows up, we'll team and take down NC's #1.

Rahil- Goodness gracious, that falcon 0.0 We need to get a set in sometime, YET ANOTHER GREAT PLAYER I'VE NEVER ACTUALLY GOTTEN A SET WITH!

Again, all around good job everyone, can't wait for the rematch :)

Koorii

Smash Cadet
ODU B-team- I completely forgot you guys had Zion and Ivar, good job on the win, and young link is at least mid tier, i swear ><
**** was beast...

GUM=great Samus. you never get a shout out because people are afriad to admit that a Samus took out like 2 of CNU's people...or because you never post on the boards...

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
4 anyone coming out to my fest later 2day, i'm pushing the time back. i'll probably have signups between 4-6 and the tourneys start at 7.

jhoxn

Smash Cadet
Wow, everything that happened last night seemed like a blur. So many amazing match-ups! I finally got to see actual amazing players (besides Trey), play in the same room against each other. It was very tight.

I still say the best part about last night was that triple tech that Alex pulled off, and the Peach went flying from a bomb blast. I'm sorry, I got so excited that I smashed my head on the doorway opening. Haha, my head still hurts, but it was worth it. Nice job Alex ^_^.

In other news, ODU and William and Mary were truly tough opponents. I really do hope some of you can make it next week to our bi-weekly tournament. I'd love to play you guys again.

And for CNU, great job. B-team did really well later on in the tourny, and A-team did well as well, (however it was Ether who gave us the most problems). Don't worry guys, we'll get them back next time. ^_^

Oh, and the next by weekly is not the 29th!!! It's the 27th!!!

Ether

Smash Ace
The crew battles were fun. Let's do draft crews or even teams next time.

ODU really impressed me with their talent.

W&M - Didn't really see your crew matches cuz I was sleeping on the porch like a bum, lol

CNU - You guys have some really good smashers that I've never seen before.

Cow - I still don't understand the rooster

FATS - You'll **** me next time

Schoolie - You'll choke cord me next time. Ether + Schoolie is sooooo ****!

XLAX - Ether counter

Adwillia - We gots no play time

Ivar - Your Y. Link is top tier

Gum - You wrecked with Samus. Thanks for the support when I played.

Zion - You led B team to victory. Redd will be proud. You might be A team next time

Caboose - Thanks for letting us use your pad. Sorry about the cops. Good thing I wasn't laying on the porch when they came...... that would have looked bad. >.> Also, you're A-team material

V - ***** in crews. I saw that ****.

Billy - I'm not sure if I saw correctly, but it looked like you pulled a bomb and threw it at your feet, attempting to take a recovering Fox with you. Now that is bad ***.

toasty - You arranged all of this, so you deserve mad props. But you still gotta buy yourself that cookie, rofl. Thanks for making that bet with me; it let me play better. Also, that taunt->suicide back air you got on Cow was ridiculous and awesome.

ndn - Your Falcon on FD is too good. Thanks for winning it for us.

BlackG - By beating Adwillia, you set the momentum for the whole crew battle. *bows down*

Egg Sniper - Unbelievable amount of ****. You tanked everything.

mid-tier - lol, sorry you didn't get to play. Thanks for coming out, though.

Kitsune - So happy you made it. Lol, your shouting about lasers woke me up laughing. Also, you destroy me now, so we must continue our training.

O-NO - Team NO-MP is too good. XD @ us saving each other off the edge that time. Man, your emotional support, training, coaching, and trash-talking is responsible for giving ODU the V.

Aurora - Thanks for teaching me to stop sandbagging. I do amazing things when I play my hardest, and if it were not for you, I would not have done so well, lol.

knight praetor - We didn't get matches in, but it looks like my advice helped with Pika. Feel free to ask me questions any time because apparently it makes me stop and think, "hmm, I wonder what I would do in that matchup..."

Everyone who cheered for me and ODU - I <3 you

If I missed anyone, lo siento.

If anyone ever wants to talk about smash, PM me or IM me or something. My AIM is "Kyolin Curai". Anyway, I can't wait for vids, especially to see B teams.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
omfg my throat still hurts... sorry for being so ****in loud. >< crew battles are so crazy.. really wanted to play, and for the moment i wanted to still be at ODU just so i could play. at first i wasn't so keen by the idea of this happening.. but you guys showed me that the game isn't all about competition and you can just have fun. lol kinda lost sight of that. here's some shouties.......

CNU- jesus christ you guys have a lot of people. SoVa's smash population just exploded. good **** though.

Zion/Xion?- another Falco in SoVa eh? we must duel it out til our thumbs bleed and determine who is the best :p i love playing against you, always a fun and close match. your Falco is so weird and i love it, i'm jacking some of your ****. :D

BlkG- ****, definitely impressed me, really did. came sooooo far sir, and maybe i am garbage.... -cries-

Toasty- traaaaaiiiiiinnning! glad i could help man. thanks for organizing this ****, had loads of fun.

ndn- CHASE THAT ***** DOWN LIKE AN ICECREAM TRUCK!!!!!!!!! that is how you do it :)

FATS- i still hate your ganon.. i need more lasers for you.

Ether- man.. epic matches dude.. gave me some hope for my spacies. i strive to defeat you consistantly >:o

KOTR- why you so **** good? come over more often so i can **** you.

Cow!- still no matches ;_; sexy hairdo

Pai- we will play next time we meet -nods-

ajp- man you're pretty good, just need some practice. i really did have a tough time against you.. especially those **** marth counters... >.<

Everyone else- good ****. yall are so crazy. XD

p.s. ODU so good :)

VAromani

Smash Cadet
yeah, that was def total fun! :) and everyone did really well! i cant believe all the things i saw....it was absolutely insane. hehe i couldnt keep track of it all, but all the teams did super well. yeah CNU! :D and i have to agree with john, alex's peach techs were out of control. :D thanks to toasty for thinking this up....and for the crazy pika stuff he does! you do the craziest stuff with pikachu, im so incredibly envious! :D

haha.....my fave thing non-smash related was the mindgame on the ODU popo :p

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
They brought like 5 police cars after someone called in for us being "too loud." They came and asked what was going on and they looked really really confused when we said it was a video game tournament.

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
I still say the best part about last night was that triple tech that Alex pulled off, and the Peach went flying from a bomb blast. I'm sorry, I got so excited that I smashed my head on the doorway opening. Haha, my head still hurts, but it was worth it. Nice job Alex ^_^.
Haha, I definitely second that moment of madness, John. ...*shakes head in disbelief* Man. SO good Alex.

CNU- jesus christ you guys have a lot of people. SoVa's smash population just exploded. good **** though.

Cow!- still no matches ;_; sexy hairdo

Pai- we will play next time we meet -nods-
^_^; for whatever reason, I don't think it registered to most of us *where* this thing was happening (in someone's house), how small and cramped it might (and did) get, and exactly how many extra people we were taking... >_>; Sorry for adding to the heat/humidity so much, but hopefully we added to the other sort of atmosphere ^_^
And I totally agree on those two shoutouts - Cow, I'm glad you (or Meg, as it were) put your hair up; you looked so much cooler in all senses of the word :grin: and we shall definitely play... just let me get halfway decent first ^_^;;;

[edit in response to Juan] Hahaha, yea... we didn't have cups or bottles in hand (for the most part), but rather... we had controllers, lol. Cow & I decided it was b/c of my illegal massages that they came.

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
WTF!?!?! i SOOOOO dident get one!

V.V wheres the O-NO love?
Haha, awww, don't worry, if you come to next weekend's CNU-hosted tourney, I'll be giving them once I'm out. ^_~ I *may* be asking for tips though, in hopes of making enough to treat the CNU crews out to pizza after.

Btw, this goes for anyone/everyone who comes to the tourney on the 27th (next saturday)..! ^_^; I mean, I'll give them out as long as I can hold up, and I don't have any major technique or anything, just good intentions and a friendly smile :)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
if I am somehow magically released of obligation that night, which is quite possible, I too will be giving out top tier back/head massages [to guys and girls, it's all professional with toasty :)] to complement miss pai [or at the very least to give her relief]....tips are accepted under the preface that they will be for the greater good [read: food for all :)]

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
hey by chance, did anyone see a standard long shiny gray remote for Cox lying around yesterday night? i cant seem to find it

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
if I am somehow magically released of obligation that night, which is quite possible, I too will be giving out top tier back/head massages [to guys and girls, it's all professional with toasty :)] to complement miss pai [or at the very least to give her relief]....tips are accepted under the preface that they will be for the greater good [read: food for all :)]
Aw, thanks very much Toasty! Hope to see you there at Round 4!!

Ether

Smash Ace
An afterthought:

O-NO saved the day by letting me use a controller of his that actually worked. Lol @ my 3 broken controllers. I hope he doesn't mind letting me continue to use this controller.

When are the vids going to be up?

toasty

Smash Hero
****...this is why people do shoutouts immediately after the tourney...so much crap to remember!

first and foremost: Seung/Caboose/Royboy: you're the man. Thank you so much for letting this happen at your place and I'm sorry the food/drink thing didn't quite stay as firm as you hoped, and I hope the mess wasn't too bad. Mexican Pizzas are too good. Good **** in crews =D
PS: I want that purple stuff ^_~

W&M: man...you guys have it. The techs, the comfort with movement [even without all the technical knowledge considered "Basics" of advanced play]...you just need the experience and practice! And people like Ether to help you with matchup info. Just take more chances, all of you! TRY CRAZY STUFF! You've got nothing to lose in friendlies, go crazy. Try. Anything.
Alex: sorry for the SD's [I really wanted to make some Islam related joke that night but thought it might have an awkward response] triple tech! man, I wanted that bomb to hit you SO badly just to see if you'd tech that too!!!
Josh: nice spacing, needs more Ether (hahahaha as if it were an ingredient for **** Factor or something) You guys are all good peoples...sorry I didn't get to meet/play everyone =/ NEXT TIME!

CNU Cheerleaders:

Meg/Pai/etc[sorry I don't remember everyone's names]:
you guys were a great group of people and definitely keep with the consistent friendliness that comes with SoVa smash [even though some of you are originally NoVa, if I'm not mistaken?] Sorry I didn't really get to play some of you guys, nor did I get to give Meg any Pika advice >_> Quick thing though, that weird that I did at the ledge that confused you, I was right next to the ledge [but not RIGHT next to it, so there was the tiniest of distances between me and the ledge] and upB'ed right at it

CNU A-Team:
<3<3<3!!!

Cow: Thanks for bringing your recording equipment. I think you'll need to get a hold of Zion, unless he loaded the camera vids onto your computer, which would be highly convenient. I'll see what I can do about that. Good **** in crews. Sorry I did so many silly things in the beginning and end of the match, but I wanted to try some crazy things and.....................it didn't end well XD. Glad I could give you a solid match after crews though, that was SO amazing though. I was like "okay, this ***** is gonna float out and hit me so I gotta PKthunder way above her and then I'll be...............................................*Peach upB's behind Ness into the path of my PK Thunder...toasty's dreams are crushed*"
Just so you know: YOU are the main reason I didn't go Pika for crews [that and having a Sheik in your crew is terrifying for the little cute *******]

which brings me to XLAX: I was really impressed man. honestly. My only knowledge of your smash skills comes from that one Ascendency team tourney back in the day. I appreciated the effort to use Sheik well and not just "use what works". Hahahaha, when you put it that way, the chaingrabbing was definitely a compliment. I'm just glad I took the first match off of you with Ness. Though..........vengeance scares me ;__;

Fats: I think the first time we played in singles was my Pika versus your Ganon in Draft Crews......it did not go incredibly well for me, even though I think I ended up winning? You started with a lot less stock than me. Our friendly at GameOn really motivated me to use Ness in crews =D As for crews...good ****, despite the facts. You did what you could. At least you suffered that at the hands of a pro and not some scrubby Marth ^_^

Schoolie Deeeeyyaaamnnnn that's a sexy Puff: ...just not against the guy who 2 stocked Anden XD Thanks for the friendlies. Ness for top tier? Oh...no wait, just higher than Bowser *hug*. If it's any consolation, you taught me all the amazing **** I need to watch our for against Bowser hahaha. As for Jiggz Vs. Ness. Your god**** hair kept getting in your way and I felt guilty as hell, though it was your fault entirely, that every time I could see you flip your hair while trying your secondjump ledge-stall, you'd look back on the screen to see the puff get a bat in its fat greedy mouth.

Adwillia: we didn't get to play at all :( the alcohol had unfortunate results [I think?] but there were moments when I'd think "man...so that's what a TA player looks like" good ****.

CNU B-Team:
man...I need to learn all of your names + faces better. Sorry for the SDs against EVERYONE of you :( :( :( Juan. I can't figure it out. But...but..but...I WILL!!!! ****IT. How can I beat ndn and Pac Strife but not you?!?!?!?!? I'll also make sure to not kill myself hahaha. You will get a good match from me, I promise. Your combos......man. Good stuff.
I can't wait to see what the rest of you guys can do. You've all got great potential and great teachers, keep it up. SoVa's getting bigger and sooo much better. Andi it's nice to see that you guys are all class acts, too :)

ODU Cheerleaders:

O-NO: <3<3<3 I'm so glad you stayed, really appreciate it. Hope you weren't too dead the next morning XD You make all SoVa events better. "HE'S GOT TWO SHIELDS AND STILL CAN'T BLOCK ****!" Too. Good.

Kits: ROFLGASMS! Jesus christ, boy. It's like you made up for all of the ODU madness you've missed in the last year and a half!!! When your Bruce Lee haircut-havin' *** walked in, I couldn't have been happier. Thanks for the jumpstart before crews, it definitely helped...now whenever Rahil tech-chases, I'll be craving orange creamsicles =D

ODU A-Team:

Ether: lmfao @ your sig. I don't think I've ever wanted to lose a bet more badly or AS badly as I did. That will be the greatest cookie I have ever had to buy for myself. Thanks for the training this week. LANDOOOOO!!!!!!

ndn: TWIN! Good **** in crews, as always. You're so consistent! ugh. You also consistently know how to make me have the most glorious SDs ever! Too bad the one time I two stock your Captain with Ness, no one was there to see it ;__;

BLKG: wow. just. wow. You made your father proud. XD

The |Egg| Sniper: Too good! Glad you were able to make it. You gave everyone at ODU a godd.amn heart attack on thursday, cereally. <3 <3 <3

MID-TIER FOR MVP!!!! lmao. Your Mario is always too good, and ***** in crews [in spirit]. Sorry you didn't get to play though, but I hope you use your winnings wisely

ODU B-Team:

omfg I love you guys.

KOTR: Apparently CNU thinks you're a Jedi knight. But we all know that you and your Young Link are KINGS OF THA MOTHA****IN ROAD, SON! The only child-rapist who actually happens to just be a child....that *****.

GUM: wow. fcuking wow. SWD->f-tilt?!?!?! TWICE?! Beast.

SHAB: you make me proud, boy :) great great progress.

The new guys: Zion, Guardian [Billy], and Caboose.
Wow. I am so impressed with all of you. I'm glad I met you and played you all as much as I did in the last month [Billy, during the first month of classes]. You guys have jumped levels with incredible speed. <3 all of you. Good **** to Zion for getting the audio.

ODU Cops: you just got mindgamed, son.

Sorry if there's anyone I forgot. Thanks everyone for coming and making this such a successful event. Sorry if it ran too late for some. The hype was amazing. I love all of you. I hope we can do this again some time somewhere.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
ether, our match is up on youtube. that's the only one though.

check the ganon forums, I had it posted early to get advice for the rematch we will be having soon.

Toasty, you think that is a possibility to get together on a weekday and smash with ether, maybe record some more matches???

toasty

Smash Hero
Let me get this straight, ODU has the live audio and CNU has the vids?

What's the progress on putting the two together?
I'll talk to Zion about that...unfortunately, I don't think he really uses the boards much =/

Toasty, you think that is a possibility to get together on a weekday and smash with ether, maybe record some more matches???
not this week and maaaybe after halloween next week but I'm not certain.

I may have to revert to a previous statement I made a while ago about quitting smash due to business ventures because, as of today, I MIGHT be getting into one and we're hoping to launch in a month. But I'll see what I can do because I'd LOVE to get some Ganon/Ness vids recorded as well...I was hardly prepared to go against your Ganon until I was down to my last stock...no Johns, just an observation =D

Cow

Smash Apprentice
zion brought an external hdd to the crew battle, and i copied all of the matches to it, so its all in his court atm.

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
man, good stuff to people. i played like some doo doo sauce and i apologize to all involved for that, i didn't take it seriously until it was too late, and i got murked for it.

odu impressed me, good stuff.

XD at the cops showing up.....we need to do this again, and maybe even a tournament at some point??????@@@@?!!!?!?!??!?!?!?!omg!!!????

cnu, i think i'll be smashing more often now, let's get r done.

<3 cow

Ether

Smash Ace
Redd, Zion led the B team to two victories and no losses. I appointed him as captain myself.

He's gonna be on the A team next time most likely.

Zion is so cool and amazing. You can't have him back.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Redd, Zion led the B team to two victories and no losses. I appointed him as captain myself.

He's gonna be on the A team next time most likely.

Zion is so cool and amazing. You can't have him back.

/cuts

!!!!!!! <333333333

I'm coming down there to take him back, there's not stopping me.

You know, unless, marth ditto mm? =) I really wanna get back to sova and see c-stick and the gang again.

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
ether thats straight but first we should do 1 v1's....i have a thing about those lol

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
shoutouts...meh i don't rembember everyone i played..

i played most matches vs zion..i mostly remember thinking my sheik vs falco needs work playing him..so we played a lot of those..and i think we did pretty much every matchup in our top tier..fun times

umm, vs CNu's sheik..adwilia? i forget the name...ya you beat me in that set...good stuff;p i was hoping when i managed to win on my counterpick that maybe i'd have a chance;p...lol i guess that means i have to remember if i see you again to not go marth in the first match...why does sheik **** marth so much...though still not as bad as

Oh-no...first match was 1 stock win for you and 2nd was 2 stock with your sheik vs my marth...i don't think i've ever seen people make such good use of wavedash backwards to cc...just when i feel good for calling the wavedash backwards and hit you..i regretted it immediately...

i'm guessing I just need to learn to do running dairs or something to punish..or maybe just space better? what do you think? ether's opinion is welcome as well.

oh and ether thanks for the tips vs jiggs..i still can't really win on small stages..i get pressured too heavily..but it's a lot more even when i hve room to think about it..i guess i just have to practice till it becomes second nature

sometime we'll have to get sets in

and now for the rest of the shoutouts...

umm, people i played in crews..sorry i don't remember those matches..i'm pretty sure i sucked..i tend to forget about mindgames when i play in tourneys cause of nervousness and just play on autopilot..the only time i remember thinking was after the first life vs link when i realized i was doing poorly and needed to switch..and then when i played juan and was thinking something like...wow he's good...knees are fun..ooh pretties..oh wait grab..techchase whee!!

something like that..so much for high level thought adn prediction;p i think i played pretty well vs juan at least..i still need a lot of work though..

umm can't really remember the vs odu matches..i think we got ***** or something...
i was happy that our new sheik survived a match against a sheik that could chaingrab when he coulnd't...though honestly odu's sheik missed way too many regrabs...

and then that samus player did really well dealing with our new falco so congrats...

oh and john...you're a great guy..but i still haven't forgiven you for killing off my crew...or jaymie for that matter...though with him it was a little less embarassing

hmm, that does it for those shout it outs..oh except for piper...it was nice talking to you at ODU at least..next time you should train up and practice..or more likely..we will soon divide W&M into two crews..so our b team can play your C team and the a team your B team.

Oh great fun playing all of you this sunday too...i need so much more practice.

GOals for when i next go to CNU:

get more matches in vs patrick's fox..with a focus on avoiding getting punished from CC..and maybe incorporating it myself

practice more with trey.

Do some matches with sheik and fox vs jaymie's IC.

Help juan practice wavedashing out of shield and using shieldhopped reverse nairs maybe..though really he should just practice that on his own..i would like some more sheik vs falcon match practice though..i have little exp at that matchup..though i'd have to read up on it first so i have some idea of what to practice while playing

oh maybe teach some of your new players some stuff..basic lessons wouldn't hurt...though everyone just wants to play teams and crews.

Cow...teach me peach!

anyways, i still suck at this game:p trey still gimps me so much..i really have to figure out what i'm doing that gets me in these early gimp situations

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
shoutouts...meh i don't rembember everyone i played..

i played most matches vs zion..i mostly remember thinking my sheik vs falco needs work playing him..so we played a lot of those..and i think we did pretty much every matchup in our top tier..fun times

umm, vs CNu's sheik..adwilia? i forget the name...ya you beat me in that set...good stuff;p i was hoping when i managed to win on my counterpick that maybe i'd have a chance;p...lol i guess that means i have to remember if i see you again to not go marth in the first match...why does sheik **** marth so much...though still not as bad as

Oh-no...first match was 1 stock win for you and 2nd was 2 stock with your sheik vs my marth...i don't think i've ever seen people make such good use of wavedash backwards to cc...just when i feel good for calling the wavedash backwards and hit you..i regretted it immediately...

i'm guessing I just need to learn to do running dairs or something to punish..or maybe just space better? what do you think? ether's opinion is welcome as well.

oh and ether thanks for the tips vs jiggs..i still can't really win on small stages..i get pressured too heavily..but it's a lot more even when i hve room to think about it..i guess i just have to practice till it becomes second nature

sometime we'll have to get sets in

and now for the rest of the shoutouts...

umm, people i played in crews..sorry i don't remember those matches..i'm pretty sure i sucked..i tend to forget about mindgames when i play in tourneys cause of nervousness and just play on autopilot..the only time i remember thinking was after the first life vs link when i realized i was doing poorly and needed to switch..and then when i played juan and was thinking something like...wow he's good...knees are fun..ooh pretties..oh wait grab..techchase whee!!

something like that..so much for high level thought adn prediction;p i think i played pretty well vs juan at least..i still need a lot of work though..

umm can't really remember the vs odu matches..i think we got ***** or something...
i was happy that our new sheik survived a match against a sheik that could chaingrab when he coulnd't...though honestly odu's sheik missed way too many regrabs...

and then that samus player did really well dealing with our new falco so congrats...

oh and john...you're a great guy..but i still haven't forgiven you for killing off my crew...or jaymie for that matter...though with him it was a little less embarassing

hmm, that does it for those shout it outs..oh except for piper...it was nice talking to you at ODU at least..next time you should train up and practice..or more likely..we will soon divide W&M into two crews..so our b team can play your C team and the a team your B team.

Oh great fun playing all of you this sunday too...i need so much more practice.

GOals for when i next go to CNU:

get more matches in vs patrick's fox..with a focus on avoiding getting punished from CC..and maybe incorporating it myself

practice more with trey.

Do some matches with sheik and fox vs jaymie's IC.

Help juan practice wavedashing out of shield and using shieldhopped reverse nairs maybe..though really he should just practice that on his own..i would like some more sheik vs falcon match practice though..i have little exp at that matchup..though i'd have to read up on it first so i have some idea of what to practice while playing

oh maybe teach some of your new players some stuff..basic lessons wouldn't hurt...though everyone just wants to play teams and crews.

Cow...teach me peach!

anyways, i still suck at this game:p trey still gimps me so much..i really have to figure out what i'm doing that gets me in these early gimp situations

Top Bottom