• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ODU Vs. CNU Vs. W&M Crew Battle $MM! 10/19/07

Ether

Smash Ace
Adwillia, we'll team up before Redd gets here, then I'll team with him.

I really need to team with Tope, but for some reason, it doesn't look likely that I will... >_>

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know Zion's youtube name? Or has anyone talked to him (I understand he's not on the boards much) and do we have an estimate on when the vids will be up?

Sorry, I know it's soon, I just really wanna see the vids.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Does anyone know Zion's youtube name? Or has anyone talked to him (I understand he's not on the boards much) and do we have an estimate on when the vids will be up?

Sorry, I know it's soon, I just really wanna see the vids.

Zion's aim is Crazyspik45, his cell is 703-786-9874 (try not to bug him) anddddd that's about all I've got.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
talked to Zion and this is what we concluded.
All vids will go up since people want to see them but there won't be any live audio. That will take a LOT of time to synch because 1) it's difficult to tell when the match starts [though a countdown is a good indication, now that I think about it, that's just what Zion said] and 2) if the camera is filming for 5 minutes, it automatically stops, so sometimes we would forget to hit record again, so fixing those gaps and synching the audio will prove to be quite difficult.

The live audio versions WILL be done, for the sake of record and entertainment ^_^ Just know that when the videos first go up, there will just be the direct feed audio from the game. But you'll have your matches =D

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Good **** to ODU for ******. Also, cow's peach guide is accurate. >_> Man, I really want to play/see everyone again. <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Good **** to ODU for ******. Also, cow's peach guide is accurate. >_> Man, I really want to play/see everyone again. <3
Israaaaa ;___;
ODU didn't ****, Ether just...I don't know, used magical Lando powers and stole 13 of their 30 stocks....I could be really mean and make a direct Instant Message quote from someone about the horrid improbability that Ether would or even COULD take two of their guys back to back [read: 12 stocks]...but that would be a low blow because honestly those guys fought their ***** off. I can't even say it was "****" at all. They were too good and too classy about all of it for any mean spirited ****-talk to be directed at them as a result.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
hahahaha, we thought that Ether would go life for life with us, and that everyone else would go 2 lives for 1 of ours.

man our cockyness got the best of us, but in our defense in the actual tourny we weren't mean to your players, we were supportive of ours.

Most ODU was just plain cruel to most of our guys, but its all good. our b team had their run in the sun.

3> ODU

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Wait, Ether took 13?

That kid is ****ing **** (just for the record he's probably like 6 years older than me >_>)

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
12 of those 13 were ****... straight up :p Those videos are going to haunt me.

I took an emergency Howl-O-Scream trip the very next day for morale purposes XD

edit: yeah, my quote,

"Basically, our logic is that Ether can't possibly take out two of our guys, and that's the entirety of our team strategy."

Ether

Smash Ace
Every time I go into a serious match, I always think to myself,

"I can't let Cyrain down."

===

Thanks Redd, Isra, and others who commented. I actually think the 2 for 1 stock theory made a lot of sense, and I made several comments after the battle about how impressed I was with ODU.

*waits for toasty to say, "so what, you didn't trust us Ether? man, **** u"

<___________<

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Well, in that case... jolly good show everyone, what with the sportsmanship and gentlemanly competition. ; D

Edit: <3 Ether. I'll never forget talking to someone after the September C3 about you being in their pool. They were all "Yeah, I had this guy who went by Ether in my pool...I didn't know who he was so I went in all confident and he just ***** me." I lol'd.

toasty

Smash Hero
but in our defense in the actual tourny we weren't mean to your players, we were supportive of ours.

Most ODU was just plain cruel to most of our guys, but its all good.
*confused*...we were actually MEAN to your players? I think the "meanest" thing that was said was O-NO about Link having two shields and still not being able to block ****. I know the internet can make it seem like I'm taking this way seriously, but I'm just stating some simple facts, for the sake of argument :) --Sven, for the sake of **** talking, basically said I was garbage, your B-team encouraged Juan by pointing out "hey, didn't you just **** toasty?"

I think, though I'm sorry if I'm wrong, most of our stuff was directly related to whatever character you were using. I'll admit, Khalil likes to talk **** about Fox users and say things like "oh no, I can only win with top tiers!" Everything else is in jest, and you were all forewarned about the epic **** talking from the very inception of this event =D sorry if it actually gets to some people, you'll have to overcome that. I can personally say I've been the victim of that during draft crews and squandered hard as a result, at my own house! ;___; but yeah, you really just need to learn how to get past that, and your team needs to step up for you when that happens ;)

I do apologize if we actually said anything personal whether it be about the player itself or their skill. haha, I hear echoes of "he can't tech!" though I suppose that's more of an instruction to abuse that than it is an insult

<3 CNU

EDIT: @ Ether [since you posted while I was writing this], I already knew that at the beginning you weren't completely confident in my choices...I can't tell you how many times I heard "so we should have tryouts" and "are you sure you don't want to go Pika???" But I could completely understand where you were coming from, so I thought nothing of it and just hoped the results would speak for themselves.

Ether

Smash Ace
Isra and all of Team Richmond, much <3. Don't worry, guys. I'm coming back soon, I promise!!

As for the **** talking, I lol'd when I was playing XLAX and someone shouted, "Ether's scared!" cuz he had just finished comboing me and I was taking it easy.

I asked Lisa for her opinion on what the next ODU A-team should be, and her list (that I completely agree with) is:

Ether
Zion
Gum
Egg Sniper
BlackG

It's actually the same team that I would have chosen for the A-team this time, especially after I confirmed it with tryouts. Actually, I'm interested in having an ODU tourney to rank all the smashers. We should do this weekly/biweekly. That way, there's no question on who should be on the A-team and who should be on the B-team. The top 5 or 6 ODU smashers ranked at the time of the next crew battle should be A-team, and the next 5 or 6 should be in the B-team. Some consideration will be taken for character choices, but that's it.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit - <3<3<3 EpicE!!!

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
*confused*...we were actually MEAN to your players? I think the "meanest" thing that was said was O-NO about Link having two shields and still not being able to block ****.
I thought he meant "mean" as in mean like game wise. Like, "oh, dude, ruthless, you just beat me, that's so mean" kinda mean.

I do apologize if we actually said anything personal whether it be about the player itself or their skill. haha, I hear echoes of "he can't tech!" though I suppose that's more of an instruction to abuse that than it is an insult
I feel like degradation of skill of some people is a little cold, but I'm sure people thought it was from nerves and not lack of practice. Tech skill is all practice and muscle memory anyways.

The worst part of the **** talk was the lack of capable retaliation by both CNU and WM. We just don't have enough experience trash talking.

Ether

Smash Ace
Yeah, O-NO, Kitsune, and I were practically leading the **** talk, so I can see where FATS is coming from. I'm sorry, and I won't do it again.

Koorii

Smash Cadet
The worst part of the **** talk was the lack of capable retaliation by both CNU and WM. We just don't have enough experience trash talking.
Well SoVa does have top tier **** talking...so we might as well use it. sorry guys...

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
sigh.. can we not turn this into a pound 2 discussion? in any crew battle.. has there not been **** talk? trash talk is another aspect of the game. as much as i remember.. there were no personal attacks on anyone.. other than Ether and Lando gestures. I too understand where you're coming from FATS, maybe the trash talk was fairly overwhelming and maybe for the new people it was very discouraging, but we all had to go through it and deal with it at some point. In every smasher's career you're gonna have to just tune out what people say.. and play.. that too comes from experience. Otherwise we can treat this like golf and just observe and be silent.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
a teams can take it but
b team players, especially when it was some of ours' first crew battle, could probably do without direct attacks. It's like heckling at a little league game. if they miss a tech, its because they only learned how important teching was like a couple months ago and have tons of pressure. If I miss a tech, i get hit, and well, i deserve it for missing a vital tech.

though my biggest problem was players who can dish it out but can't take it. There's no need to name names or point fingers, but if you think this applies to you, work on it one way or the other, please.

toasty

Smash Hero
I asked Lisa for her opinion on what the next ODU A-team should be, and her list (that I completely agree with) is:

Ether
Zion
Gum
Egg Sniper
BlackG
I still disagree with this list, but not about my removal from it...that's my problem so I guess I don't have a choice but to get better ^_^ I'll talk to you privately about my issues with your list. ODU rankings would be fun so long as people remember that it's fun and not ohsoserious. Luckily the only people who I could see giving a **** in the wrong way are some of the newer and not-quite-as-good-as-they-think-they-are players who wouldn't even make the cut for B-teams...which is to say the majority of us wouldn't be stupid about it :)

as for the trash, good...glad that discussion is over [operative words being "discussion is over"]

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
woah, didn't mean to start a discussion lol... I was just saying that the b team probably got flustered by it, but yeah I'm all for trash talk!

Ether, I definately don't remember you saying anything offensive, lol. don't take it personally.

that goes for everyone

also it's hard for us to trash talk ODU when they are straight ****** us, lol

(also, ODU's "new" A-team has no chance against us... you need that mario player in there)

Ether

Smash Ace
I still disagree with this list, but not about my removal from it...that's my problem so I guess I don't have a choice but to get better ^_^ I'll talk to you privately about my issues with your list. ODU rankings would be fun so long as people remember that it's fun and not ohsoserious.
Well, it's kind of serious, since these rankings would help determine the A team and B team. Everyone should have fun, but not to the point where people stop playing their hardest and the rankings aren't accurate, cuz then, there'd be no point.

I forgot to add ndn on the list. Other than that, I'm not sure what's wrong with this list, but I guess I'll just wait for you to tell me. I'd prefer to just do the rankings and let them speak for themselves *shrugs*

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
School crew battles... Too goodz. I like Tech's chances vs any VA school (even without Chillin). But good stuff guys. I always love to see big crew battles.

toasty

Smash Hero
Well, it's kind of serious, since these rankings would help determine the A team and B team. Everyone should have fun, but not to the point where people stop playing their hardest and the rankings aren't accurate, cuz then, there'd be no point.
right...I just don't want bickering and drama over "oh, no way, I'M WAY BETTER THAN ____"...hopefully people will just realize results place them exactly where they are. I don't want people getting mad at each other over this. But that's up to them, obviously.

I think this well go well =D

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
School crew battles... Too goodz. I like Tech's chances vs any VA school (even without Chillin). But good stuff guys. I always love to see big crew battles.
Do you or any of the smashers at tech whom you play with have a TA named Nels Johnson?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
as for WM people i didn't hear anyone really complain about trash talking except for samrin who wasn't really concerned with what they are saying so much as how loud they were an dhow hard it was to focus..personally i think he should have worn headphones if he can't block it out..but whatever

i did have one complaint about certain people bragging about their mad skills but being unable to back it up..but w/e.

Personally i figure you all just suck..why the hell can't you 4 stock me schoolie:p

but honestly..bragging is sorta an iffy thing in smash...so many different skill levels..depending on who i am talking to i could pass myself off as a pro..or just as easily be considered n00b level player.

anyways i'll no doubt find it amusing to go back through if you have the audio and listen to the trash talk in my matches when i wasn't paying attention

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
i did have one complaint about certain people bragging about their mad skills but being unable to back it up..but w/e.
That just made me laugh later, actually.

EDIT: Is tech willing to travel to SoVA for the rematch, whenever that may be? Since there are more of us here, it seems only right for them to come to us. Plus we could have more schools, if we hold it on a Saturday afternoon or something so it doesn't run late into the night.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
As the self proclaimed best player on the cnu team, (and self proclaimed president of donuts, while we're making absurd suggestions) i'm not putting a bloody dime down to crew battle tech.

Savedge

Smash Apprentice
Every time I go into a serious match, I always think to myself,

"I can't let Cyrain down."

===

Thanks Redd, Isra, and others who commented. I actually think the 2 for 1 stock theory made a lot of sense, and I made several comments after the battle about how impressed I was with ODU.

*waits for toasty to say, "so what, you didn't trust us Ether? man, **** u"

<___________<
THIS IS CYRAIN, NOT SAVEDGE!!!!!!!!

Laaawl. Ether, if you ever let me down, I'm kicking you out of the Cyrain fan club. xD j/k <333 Way to **** at the crew battle, btw. Good ****z.

CStick

Smash Lord
I havent played in nearly three weeks :(

so, did the rest of ODU play, or did they stock-hold for Ether while he decimated everyone? jk jk jk lol

good **** ODU, and rofl at Cow's Peach guide

hopefully play ya guys soon

Ether

Smash Ace
As the self proclaimed best player on the cnu team, (and self proclaimed president of donuts, while we're making absurd suggestions) i'm not putting a bloody dime down to crew battle tech.
Yeah, same here, but maybe when Squirtle Squad gets a little better, we should go up to one of Va Tech's tourneys.

THIS IS CYRAIN, NOT SAVEDGE!!!!!!!!

Laaawl. Ether, if you ever let me down, I'm kicking you out of the Cyrain fan club. xD j/k <333 Way to **** at the crew battle, btw. Good ****z.
Thanks man, but no worries cuz I'm like president of that fan club :laugh:

I havent played in nearly three weeks :(

so, did the rest of ODU play, or did they stock-hold for Ether while he decimated everyone? jk jk jk lol

good **** ODU, and rofl at Cow's Peach guide

hopefully play ya guys soon
CStick, let's go to CNU this saturday!!

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I really, really, want to come down here sometime in the next month -_-

Will I be guaranteed a tournament/awesome fun time thing? =P

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
I really, really, want to come down here sometime in the next month -_-

Will I be guaranteed a tournament/awesome fun time thing? =P
as president of CNU smash, and in true George Foreman style "I GURANTEE IT!"

edit:red, where exactly do you live in alexandria, cause i live up there an am looking for some practice to keep my skills up on breaks.

Top Bottom