• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ODU Vs. CNU Vs. W&M Crew Battle $MM! 10/19/07

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
****in Juan. Can you call shotgun over the internet?
no. you can't. Juan totally went against Shotgun-calling protocol. Must be outside where the car is with the driver present [and when en route to said destination, you can't call advanced notice...but I have a better idea, you guys should do a set in smash for shotgun rights]

We're working on getting Dean here...shouldn't be a problem...*remains optimistic*

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
We'll bring a setup.

What's the word on chairs? I have two like fold out chairs i can bring that i'll throw in my car regardless, but they're not great.

Update on teams: Since you've all given us info on your teams, here's ours (we may actually now have 6 players):
Expect Mewtwo, Link, Sheik, Falco, Fox, and Marth. Though mewtwo is a maybe at the moment.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
so my mom's outta town this weekend and she didn't mind me having a party or anything else, so i decided, y not throw a little smashfest 4 SoVa.

DATE: Oct 20th

Time: saturday 1pm sign ups. teams at 2pm. Siingles after teams.

entry fee: Teams, $5 per person, Singles $5, 5$ a person per crew.

Venue fee: $5

General rules:

Double elemenation, 4 stock, 8 min time.
Life stealing ALLOWED in teams.
Items OFF
Team attack ON

Controllers

1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Stages:

Random selcet.
Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, [DK 64, Rainbow Cruise(teams only)], Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, [Fountain of Dreams (singles only)] .

BANNED.
Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay, Mushroom Kingdom 2 and Mute City(teams only)

Counterpick.
any non-banned stages are open for counterpick.

Stage & Character Selection:
The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can't be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.
No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series. The random select stages are the only stages that may be used more than once in a best of 11 series.
After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won't be used during the series. Random select stages can't be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can't be knocked out.
After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Other Rules & Special Issues
1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

CREWS!

**-** man crew (4 min 5 max)

** stock split EVENLY! 8 min time.

Pokemon stadium, Final, Dreamland 64 on RANDOM.

you must have a team captain.

the first persom on each crew to fight is picked via double blind by both captains. every figher there after is the picked by the captin. (the captains role) you have 2 min after the match to pick your next fighter or you forfit a stock from your CAPTAIN.
(O-no's rule, it save's time)

ALL TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!! MORE TOURNEYS MAY BE ADDED RANDOMLY!!! (thats how we roll)

BRING CUBES!!!!!!!!! it would suck to have a tourny....with one cube......

Cow

Smash Apprentice
I believe I'm going with Cow...

Are you alright with that Cow?
sounds good

Anyway, cnu should probably all meet together and go, or at least leave, as one gigantic caravan of destruction. We'll get some oxen and be prepared to tear everyone in our way apart. We'll call it Organ Trail. anyway, we should meet somewhere on campus, possibly DSU, and leave from there? maybe.. at 6:00ish, try to leave 6:15, :30 at the latest? that way we can guarantee everything is in order.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, good call.

CNU CREWS! We're all meeting in the DSU around 6-ish in the main lobby. We'll start organizing cars and such.

Also, everyone make sure you've eaten, no food at odu, word?

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
sounds good

Anyway, cnu should probably all meet together and go, or at least leave, as one gigantic caravan of destruction. We'll get some oxen and be prepared to tear everyone in our way apart. We'll call it Organ Trail. anyway, we should meet somewhere on campus, possibly DSU, and leave from there? maybe.. at 6:00ish, try to leave 6:15, :30 at the latest? that way we can guarantee everything is in order.
You guys are bold, leaving that late. I've had bad experiences leaving anytime after 5 going through the tunnel on a Friday. Weekend beach trips and such, but it is October...

ajphctp46
I HATE U!!! I hope to do sum mew2 and link dittos with ur crew :]
Why the hate? The mewtwo and link will both probably come to other tournaments, even if they bail on this one, so you'll get your dittos eventually. Oct 27th perhaps?

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
You guys are bold, leaving that late. I've had bad experiences leaving anytime after 5 going through the tunnel on a Friday. Weekend beach trips and such, but it is October...
We don't really have a choice, b/c some people (myself included) don't get out of class until 5, and then we have to eat, and yea... We'll get there eventually, no worries ^_~

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
toasty, when is everyone getting there tomorrow? We were going to leave early (3ish, aim to be there around 4), given traffic, and just play friendlies/warm up before the battle, but if no one is going to be there, it'd be a little awkward.

Any ideas?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
from my understanding, a few of us want to get there that early so that we can set up and play massive amounts of friendlies with people who show up early ^_^ Try your best to NOT get there before 4 PM...meaning: 4 PM is fine. The reason being parking, because it's only free on fridays after 4.

Good luck to CNU getting here before sunday x_X But I understand...we'll start crews 15 - 30 minutes after you guys get here so you have a chance to chill for a bit and get ready and you're not just thrown into the crew battle...maybe we'll do ODU Vs. W&M when you get here? Either way, you guys will have to set up the recording equipment.

Also...my parents have my camera and they were supposed to return from NY yesterday.................and have yet to do so. While I'm actually pretty worried about that, doesn't change the fact that I may not have a camera for the live audio feed. I know for sure I can get my hands on one, but I just want to remind people that they should bring cameras anyway to take pictures [and video, if necessary]. If you do, don't take pictures of people while they're playing matches in the crew battle, but get random **** any other time.

Alright guys, this ****'s finally happening...tonight is going to be too good. See you there =D7

Cow

Smash Apprentice
well, i don't think there's a way for us to leave before rush hour starts.. i don't see us feasibly leaving earlier than 6 though, so maybe push up meeting to 5:30?

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
For the CNU crew:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=15725198448192399563,37.053390,-76.478370%3B7812413027844467725,36.887630,-76.305950&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=Christopher+newport+university&daddr=36.885113,-76.49437+to:W+49th+St+%4036.887630,+-76.305950+to:1328+Melrose+Pkwy,+Norfolk,+VA+23508&mra=dme&mrcr=0,1&mrsp=1&sz=11&sll=36.98703,-76.37885&sspn=0.338406,0.627594&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=1

That is a secondary route to bypass the HELL of rushhour. It may seem slightly longer, but in the grand scheme of things, it WILL be faster. That's the way I'll be directing my car tomorrow, no one's being forced to take that route, but hey, it's your time.

ps. I'll bring my powersource :)

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
i'm so excited, thanks trey and cow for working everything out logistically. My mom is coming by noonish to drop something off for me.....:chuckle:

THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cow

Smash Apprentice
For the CNU crew:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=15725198448192399563,37.053390,-76.478370%3B7812413027844467725,36.887630,-76.305950&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=Christopher+newport+university&daddr=36.885113,-76.49437+to:W+49th+St+%4036.887630,+-76.305950+to:1328+Melrose+Pkwy,+Norfolk,+VA+23508&mra=dme&mrcr=0,1&mrsp=1&sz=11&sll=36.98703,-76.37885&sspn=0.338406,0.627594&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=1

That is a secondary route to bypass the HELL of rushhour. It may seem slightly longer, but in the grand scheme of things, it WILL be faster. That's the way I'll be directing my car tomorrow, no one's being forced to take that route, but hey, it's your time.

are you bringing your recording equipment?

VAromani

Smash Cadet
For the CNU crew:

i think itd be a good idea if we could all try to follow each other too....just in case :p. >.> it is possible to take the wrong turn with a mapquest direction...*is a victim of said circumstance*:grin:

YAY CNU!!!!!! NOSOTROS TRAGIAMOS LA LLUVIA!:)

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Cow, you should definitely bring yours. Mine's been mad ******** lately, must've been a bad driver. I'll work on repairing it today, but no guarantees. In the mean time, just have yours raring to go, I suppose.

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
yeah CNU, use that spanish. Also shaemon see cow's post about what you should do before you have any right to post.

edit: keep makin fun of pai, you'll be banned from CNU smash tourney's. Seriously.

jhoxn

Smash Cadet
Nosotros usamos espanol por exito.

Haha, I'm really excited about the matches tonight. Everyone bring your best game. This will be epic.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
There's gonna be everything, but the main attraction's the nasty crew battles that WILL go down.

And Traiga el Gallo? Good thinking, few people have an effective guard against roosters.

... pending: an effective joke involving the term "c0ck blocker" with respect to the odu crew.

Top Bottom