• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Oceanic Netplay on Discord | RoA Tournaments on Thursdays | Project M on Sundays

Gords

Smash Champion
Has anyone tried hosting a game with 3 players in it to test how much more laggy it gets?

Splice

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure it depends on the players in particular Gords. Testing "how much more laggy it gets" in one scenario would provide useless results, because different people are going to have different latency with other users.

Not to mention, I think most of the players just want less laggy matches in general and would not want to sacrifice any match quality to have their matches streamed.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
so no online doubles events then
We've played Doubles quite successfully before, as long as the players all have good connections then it's fine. Our only real concern is Matt G, the only person with a capture card in our group, doesn't have the internet to sustain stream-able quality whilst also maintaining a lagless match.

Gords

Smash Champion
this makes better sense, i remember EA having similar problems as well.
if you still want recordings the solution might be to save the replays and send them to Mat G. he can then capture them offline and upload them to youtube.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
if you still want recordings the solution might be to save the replays and send them to Mat G. he can then capture them offline and upload them to youtube.
We also experimented with that but it appears like either the files are encrypted or stored in some weird fashion on the SD Card, very different to Brawl's file structure. Someone would have to crack it first.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
anyone with a recording device could just... record it live, not necessarily live stream it.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Results for PM Le Papz 4. We didn't have many entrants this time, probably due to Smash 4 and Uni/School exams. Hopefully these numbers increase when Project M 3.5 comes out.

Hope to see you all on Friday for more Smash 4 and Sunday for Project M! :D

Last edited:

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Would like to point out I haven't tried it specifically with 1v1 Smash 4, but I have had issues with streaming + nintendo online games in general yes. I'd be open to testing it out if you guys are desperate for a stream though.

Yo Star you should add me to the Skype group. I'll give you one guess as to what my Skype ID is lol.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
The OP has been edited to reflect our inclusion of Melee and Smash 4 alongside Project M as the group's major games!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
i joined this group last night and got to play with some nice people who were very understanding

i look forward to using this group moar

unfortunately i have cars to race overseas so I'll be back in a few days though

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Results for the Smash 3DS tournament, Fraudulence 1! We didn't have many players this time, probably due to the conflicting times with RMIT and other events. Congratulations to Nathan!

Hope to see you all for the PM tournament on Sunday and Smash 4 again next Friday!

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Why wasn't this called "SM4SH Bonanza" ?
Also you should mention it was a Smash 4 tournament.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Results for PM Le Papz 5. We had some issues with latency this week and we're looking to see what we can do to deal with the issue. It's good that we managed more entrants than last week and I hope these numbers continue to increase as we get closer to 3.5's release.

I wish to see you all again for Smash 4 on Friday and PM again on Sunday. Have a great week everyone :)

DD_

Smash Journeyman
As Star mentioned, we had a few issues with 'Laggy Players' this week and as such we will be thinking of ways to deal with this. One suggestion raised by baileeh is that all entrants will perform a ping test before signing up to ensure there net is stable enough to play. If anyone else has any ideas then please share them with us

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Project M 3.5 will be out in just a few days. Is the community migrating to it ASAP?

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
- Extract the iso builder.

- Place your Super Smash Bros Brawl iso into the folder.

- Run Build_ISO v3.5.bat.

- When it's all done you should have your Project M iso in the folder.

- Run winmd5 and verify the md5 checksum. If it is correct (4b4e034a9b984aed663f00cc155c18cd), set up Dolphin and you are all set!

New ISO BUILDER : http://www.mediafire.com/download/7p1q0s479pube8e/Project M 3.5 Netplay Build.zip

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
this is jamwa pls help i cant find an ntsc brawl iso anywhere on the internet v hard i've tried downloading 3 but the download doesnt even start v hard pls help

DD_

Smash Journeyman
While Jankwa is bumping this thread I thought we'd announce that sometime in JAN (After MW2) we will be starting P:M and Smash 4 tournaments on the netplay chat again! These will stick around for the year based on NUMBERS so if you want these tournaments to occur please TURN UP and PARTICIPATE!

We will be announcing the dates soon and possibly have some more announcements about how we're going to run things this year! (Depends on if Star is RIP or not Rohan where are you come back plz)

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I've been largely absent from the group for a while now due to IRL stuff but I hope to help get the tournament scene up and running again and propose new ideas to further the group with the other admins.

Have a fantastic new year everyone. :)

Connector

Smash Rookie
Hey just getting into competitive smash, looking for people to play with on wii u , cause for glory sucks.
How does this group work and get in touch with people to play
my NNID is 'AdrianAce' by the way.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Hey just getting into competitive smash, looking for people to play with on wii u , cause for glory sucks.
How does this group work and get in touch with people to play
my NNID is 'AdrianAce' by the way.
Please read the OP. Join the group by messaging one of the admins of the group as listed in the spoiler tags in the post. We just send messages and ask if people are free for some games and most of the time there's always someone available to play with. Hope to see you in there soon.

Connector

Smash Rookie
Please read the OP. Join the group by messaging one of the admins of the group as listed in the spoiler tags in the post. We just send messages and ask if people are free for some games and most of the time there's always someone available to play with. Hope to see you in there soon.
sorry totally missed that part where all that stuff was posted, appreciate the help

Splice

Smash Hero
should you change the thread title to reflect we play Smash 4 Wii-U now?

Blatikin

Smash Rookie
NNID
Blatikin
New person here. I cant believe it took me this long to find this thread. I Just joined the group :D

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Do you guys play any Smash 3DS? I unfortunately don't have a Wii U and cannot participate in the Smash 4 tournament. :(

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Do you guys play any Smash 3DS? I unfortunately don't have a Wii U and cannot participate in the Smash 4 tournament. :(
Yes we still do play Smash 3DS, also the tournaments are running at the moment. We hope to get them up and running again within the next month.

Top Bottom