• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oakville Uproar 2011

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
I hope you get better soon Peachy, sucks what happened.

Yea... 2 people melle tourny... fun **** there huh... and doubles.... basically, i agree with Red X on everything he said on his post lol

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
WAIT! K, Ok to incourage more teams maybe we should have one person teams! That would like, triple the amount of teams! lol JK, but seriously I'm kinda excited for teams i dunno bout you guys, even if it is winner take all im down.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
WAIT! K, Ok to incourage more teams maybe we should have one person teams! That would like, triple the amount of teams! lol JK, but seriously I'm kinda excited for teams i dunno bout you guys, even if it is winner take all im down.
I'm hyped for dubs too. And for a sec I thought you were serious bout the 1 man teams thing lol.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Also, my livestream runner backed out on me so I have no one to run the livestream, so unless someone else steps up, it won't happen.

On another depressing note, it seems that Melee interest is virtually non-existant so I think we'll have to scrap the Melee tourney all together unless there's some mad interest tomorrow. Not happy about that but there's nothing I can do, sorry Dirt and Windrose :(
What exactly are you missing for the livestream? My laptop is **** so I can't provide mine otherwise I would

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Basically just someone to run it. Tbh I don't know the first thing bout a livestream but from what my friend said he posted it on Justin.tv (I think) but now that he's out I need someone to set it up and run it. I'd be very grateful if you could help out or find someone to do so.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
lol so much over one post.

Anyways can't make it. Not because I'm busy or anything, I just don't really feel like it.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
lol so much over one post.

Anyways can't make it. Not because I'm busy or anything, I just don't really feel like it.
I don't feel like you either, but I still put up with your bull****.

-Iliad

PS. Hamilton is coming to this, because we actually care about the community and the game and your positioning within the GTA makes your city the perfect place for tournies tbh.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Yo, I wish ya'll the best. I hope everyone haz a good time, and I expect to see some interesting results. Just sayin rite now, mad propz to the top 3 at this. Some one new has the chance to be the star, so take this opportunity!

Pce ya'll, I'm rootin for ya : D.

(in Ottawa atm)

Ministry

Smash Ace
Jon if you cared about the community you would let other people get kills and not carry with pantheon. F.aggot.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Not moving back in to res until tomorrow so I'm not there. **** sucks yo

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
I am interested to know who the top 5 are
We're working on a results thread and Shard has the bracket with him but from what I remember the top 3 were Meek, Iliad and Cruxis in that order.

EDIT: Shard's right, seeing as how this was our first tourney and we intend to host more, please let us know what was good and what was bad about the tourney as it's the only way we can learn. All helpful criticism is appreciated!

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
First and foremost, Red X and I would like to thank everyone who participated in todays tournaments, and who helped structure it. I will be posting a thread about the brackets, who won and such hopefully by Monday.

As well, this was the first tournament Red X and i have held, and we hope to have more (possibly during Christmas break). So please leave feedback about how the tournament was run, advertising the tournament, seeding, the venu, etc.

Iliad

Smash Lord
1st Meek
2nd Iliad
3rd Cruxis
4th Raidos
5th Gichan
5th Phiddlesticks
7th Red X
7th Snowshard
9th Zach
9th Fuddo

There's your full results lol. But you know what? I don't even care if it was a 10 man tourney. I gave Pharoah the **** 3-0 in this tournament. Once in pools (2-0), once in brackets (2-0), and one last time in LF (3-2).

Cruxis

Smash Lord
pools dont count i was wolf and i was sleeping

ooommgg that LF match was probably the stupiddest match i have ever had in brawl in my life seriously

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
also for everyone, this venue was awesome and oakville is like the perfect place to host a gta tournament. it has free parking/air conditioning/free water/a large room/its a block away from a Licks

so if red x and shard host another tournament there, i REALLY suggest people come out to it because attendance was the only thing holding this tournament from being amazing

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Sounds awesome. If you guys host another one I'll definitely spread the word and do my best to make it. Keep up the good work! :)

:phone:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I'm back in Oakville now so I'll definitely be doing what I can to make the next one held here. Make it sooner rather than later :)

And nice work Iliad :p

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
also for everyone, this venue was awesome and oakville is like the perfect place to host a gta tournament. it has free parking/air conditioning/free water/a large room/its a block away from a Licks

so if red x and shard host another tournament there, i REALLY suggest people come out to it because attendance was the only thing holding this tournament from being amazing
Sounds awesome. If you guys host another one I'll definitely spread the word and do my best to make it. Keep up the good work! :)

:phone:
I'm back in Oakville now so I'll definitely be doing what I can to make the next one held here. Make it sooner rather than later :)

And nice work Iliad :p

Thanks for your support guys :)

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for your support guys :)
Indeed, it means alot. Shard and I do plan to host again, but I have uni and Shard has college, so I don't know when we will yet. I'm not sure if we'll do the same venue either (which is unfortunate as it was quite a nice venue in terms of both service and location) but if we can get enough people to come close to covering the venue cost we'll defs host there again. Thanks to everyone who came and keep an eye out for the results thread!

Top Bottom