• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OAK: SNF 4! Rhode Island Nov 17. The Princess is in another castle.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, and Mute City.

nuro

Smash Lord
I think we should use Japanese rules.

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Dreamland 64

Counter-pick stages:
None

Just kidding. I don't think you should touch the counterpick list though. Just give it the normal rules like always. Not so complicated. :p

Banks

Smash Hero
yea dont make ur own rules just copy and paste from well known tournaments, like esticle for example. no drama

Elen

Smash Lord
I have an idea. Lets all stop debating and *****ing about the rules, go to the tournament, play by the rules stated, and have a good time. Sound good? Yay.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I like pancakes (totally relevant).
That was actually pretty funny.

But either way I probably shouldnt have said anything cause I actually do think corneria should be a banned level for singles definitely in all tourneys, probably not for teams though.

This tourney should be sweet anyways. Probably the last melee tournament that ill go to unless there is one last blowout before the release of brawl.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
1. I have witnessed klaptrap **** the likes of which you could not imagine. It's definitely more than just "a bit." I don't really understand your argument regarding ledges.

2. So are you saying we should ban Rainbow Cruise too?

3. No comment.

4. I actually agree with you to an extent, but I honestly think most of these stages should've just been banned in the first place.

5. If you can explain to me how the system I'm proposing handicaps diverse players, I will gladly hear you out.
1. I was talking about Mute City not Japes. But I see Mute City is still on. I was just saying lack of edges is a poor excuse for banning.
2. I'm saying if we go down this path the line drawn gets extremely blurry so might as well ban anything remotely weird.
3. ok.
4. ok.
5. I think Pat did that. Your example about counterpicking Pokemon stadium and then having the winner switch to fox too is interesting. I assume what you are trying to do with the new counterpick rule and stage bans is trying to make the game more fair and balanced? Well isn't trying to insure a counterpicker wins on his counterpick LESS fair and balanced than giving the winner an option to switch?

It just gets my goat a little that at the end of all these years of melee tournaments we're getting more uptight rathing than loosening up. I mean in all honesty pokefloats? When has pokefloats ever drastically affected the outcome of a tournament??

And for the record Pat was debating the rules put forth by the tournament and nothing more. You are the one who called him "a scrub" and "stupid".

I have an idea. Lets all stop debating and *****ing about the rules, go to the tournament, play by the rules stated, and have a good time. Sound good? Yay.
No.

EDIT: Pat are you and Josh going to Viva la Smashtaclysm?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
But either way I probably shouldnt have said anything cause I actually do think corneria should be a banned level for singles definitely in all tourneys, probably not for teams though.
*head explodes*

I love you, Pat.

1. I was talking about Mute City not Japes. But I see Mute City is still on. I was just saying lack of edges is a poor excuse for banning.
2. I'm saying if we go down this path the line drawn gets extremely blurry so might as well ban anything remotely weird.
3. ok.
4. ok.
5. I think Pat did that. Your example about counterpicking Pokemon stadium and then having the winner switch to fox too is interesting. I assume what you are trying to do with the new counterpick rule and stage bans is trying to make the game more fair and balanced? Well isn't trying to insure a counterpicker wins on his counterpick LESS fair and balanced than giving the winner an option to switch?
1. I left Mute City on because it was choice between having both Corneria and Mute off or leaving both on. I figured less people would complain if we left both. If you don't understand why not having ledges unbalances the stage, I'm really wasting my time arguing with you.

2. Suffice to say that I did not choose to ban these stages "because they're weird."

5. What I'm trying to do with the new counterpick rule is make it such that your counterpick is actually a counterpick. The loser is supposed to have an advantage. That's how it works. It has nothing to do with balance.

And for the record Pat was debating the rules put forth by the tournament and nothing more. You are the one who called him "a scrub" and "stupid".
Its funny how marth's and cf's best stages are all neutral and that they suck at most non neutrals huh zoso? [yadda yadda] Zoso just wants corneria banned because of fox plain and simple. He hates fox. [blah blah blah] But I understand we wouldnt want anyone to counterpick corneria or mute city against someone who plays marth and/or falcon now would we..
You should maybe try reading things.

Skler

Smash Master
Pikachu's thunder can make team rocket's hot air balloon explode, so pika can make ANY float explode. Basically pika is broken on pokefloats.

THE DAZZZZZZ.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
1. I left Mute City on because it was choice between having both Corneria and Mute off or leaving both on. I figured less people would complain if we left both. If you don't understand why not having ledges unbalances the stage, I'm really wasting my time arguing with you.

2. Suffice to say that I did not choose to ban these stages "because they're weird."

5. What I'm trying to do with the new counterpick rule is make it such that your counterpick is actually a counterpick. The loser is supposed to have an advantage. That's how it works. It has nothing to do with balance.

You should maybe try reading things.
yeah I actually missed that part... you were right.

I completely understand why not having ledges unbalances the stage. Just as I understand how the low ceiling unbalances PS and the high ceiling unbalances DL64 (albeit to a much less extent than no edges). I was just trying to say saying it being "unbalanced" isn't necessarily grounds for banning a stage.

Probably. But I dont know about josh. After super champ I think hes retiring till brawl. I actually barely play anymore.
You guys are going to SCC? or just him? I know Hayato's going right? I think it would be morally wrong to go to the last big west coast tourney and not the last big east coast one.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
you guys are going to SCC pat?
Im not going he is. Him and hayato are teaming together. I can't go because I have a job that wont let me take days off which sucks cause I really wanted to go play some people from the west coast.

But yeah smooch ill represent at viva because east coast is da ****.

And to answer dazwa I know that Chu Dat always get ****ed over because people pick moving stages like that on him. Like he made a deal with m2k at pound to not do infinite grabs if m2k didnt pick stages like that. Thats pretty drastic. And m2k picked pokefloats against bum too. But he was probably gonna win anyways. So if you play normal characters it probably wont effect you at all. But if you play jiggly, peach, IC's, or DK it will effect you to an extent. But you can always just change to another character so probably not that much unless its the only character you play with.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
And to answer dazwa I know that Chu Dat always get ****ed over because people pick moving stages like that on him. Like he made a deal with m2k at pound to not do infinite grabs if m2k didnt pick stages like that. Thats pretty drastic. And m2k picked pokefloats against bum too. But he was probably gonna win anyways. So if you play normal characters it probably wont effect you at all. But if you play jiggly, peach, IC's, or DK it will effect you to an extent. But you can always just change to another character so probably not that much unless its the only character you play with.
And that's worthy of ban HOW?

Top Bottom