• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OAK: SNF 4! Rhode Island Nov 17. The Princess is in another castle.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
What you've all been waiting for...

OAK will be hosting SNF 4! The Princess is in another castle. No, Princess Peach doesn't need to be saved this time, as she floated away to A BRAND NEW VENUE!!!! So for those who attended SNF 3, this means no more harassment from URI employees, as this time it'll be held at the following location:

Disposable Heroes
1428 Hartford Ave, 2nd floor
Johnston, RI 02919

It's kind of tricky to find just from the address. It is located directly across the street from Wendy's (Hi, Tom!), directly next door to Bank RI, and on the second floor of the same building as a pool hall (forgot its name, will edit later).

For those of you that didn't know, Hartford Ave is Rt. 6A RI. Right near the venue is the intersection of Rt. 5 RI and Rt. 6A RI. This'll help you with directions. If mapquest or a similar program gives you funny directions (such as a huge letter W across southern New england) feel free to catch me on AIM so I can tell you a better way to get there.

Date: Saturday, Nov. 17, 2007
Time: 12:00 pm
Price: $10 singles, $10 teams ($5 per person)
The store will probably take about $2 per person, coming from the singles pot.
Prize: 60%/30%/10% for 1st/2nd/3rd, after the store cut.

WE NEED SETUPS! Please bring TV's, Gamecubes, copies of smash, and VCR's. This'll help make the event run more smoothly and allow time to play friendlies.

RULES:

* Bring your own controller, or you'll be provided with a broken one (if you're lucky).
* All matches are best out of 3, best out of 5 for the finals.
* 4 stock, 8 minutes
* No items
* First stage is random or agreed upon by both players, further are counterpicked by the losing player, or selected at random if loser picks new character. (see New rules, below)
* Random stages (Singles): Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Final Destination
* Random stages (Teams): Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Final Destination
* Banned stages (Singles and Teams): Peach's Castle, Onett, Yoshi’s Island, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flat Zone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom II, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Pokefloats
* Banned stages (Teams only): Fountain of Dreams
* Banned stages (Singles only): Great Bay
* Team attack is on.
* Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (such as the IC freeze glitch) are not allowed.
* Using tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound to excessively stall a match is not allowed.
* Controller mods which affect gameplay such as shorthop mod, L-trigger mod, etc. are considered cheating and are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller, you will be disqualified with no refunds. Feel free to use controllers with purely cosmetic mods such as stickers and different color paint. 3rd party controllers are allowed, but any additional features that aren't found on a standard nintendo controller (such as programmable buttons or turbo buttons of any kind) are banned.
* Pick up after yourselves if you leave a mess.
* No fighting! You will be asked to leave without a refund, and banned from any of our future events.

NEW RULES:

* Zoso's Counterpick Rule: Winner of previous match must remain the same character for the following match. Loser can either change their character or pick a stage, not both.
* Stage Strike: Both players may choose one stage to strike off of the random list, which only applies to random. If you won your match, and your opponent chooses to counterpick stage instead of character, he may pick the stage you struck off random. However, if he counterpicks character, both of you may still strike one stage off of random. Stage strikes are chosen after characters are chosen.
* Pay attention to the banned stages list. This differs from previous SNF's.
* I will do either Swiss seeding or pool seeding for singles. If the turnout is greater than 50 people, the worst scoring people in the preliminary round will be eliminated to bring the number of people added to the double elimination bracket down to 48. If there is less than 50 people, the preliminary rounds will just be used for seeding.

Mark your calendars now. This event will be hot! :lick:

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hoping I make it, depends on how burned out on smash i am after viva la smashtaclysm

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Marth Ditto Money Matches?

From the Last SNF, I had this list:

Money Matches: 25 Marth Ditto MMs so far...

(Remember....I reserve the Black Marth!!!!)

Jcent - 1 cent (or $5, up to you :D)
Cort - $1 - Marth
FakeMofo - $1 - Marth
2ndChance - $2 ($1 - Marth)
Banks - $2 - Marth - May Drop
Black Jinjo - $2 (Marth Maybe?)
Boxman X - $2 - Marth
Brookman - $2 - Marth
cwjalex - $2 - Marth
Darc - $2 - Marth
Dazwa - $2 - Marth
JHoLLa - $2 - Marth
Pixel - $2 - Marth
rawsex88 - $2 - Marth
**** Tom - $2 - Marth - Dropped
Th0rn - $2 - Marth - May Drop
Waveshiner X - $2 - Marth
ZoSo - $2 - Marth
OmegaWhiteMage - $3 - Marth
y2kbakura - $3 - Marth
Falco1234 - $5 - Marth
Flaco - $5 - Marth - May Drop
MattdotZeb - $5 - Marth - May Drop
Schweppes - $5 - Marth - May Drop
SOLAR - $5 - Marth
Yoshipal13 - $5 (+ $2 Marth Ditto)
Unkownforce - Ronzio's Pizza Eating Money Match (Amount is determined by you)
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2062444&postcount=570

Hmmmm.....

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
i should b there since i have to visit my homegirl in LI at some point in time and this is killing two birds wit one stone. kaiba corp should b there

add me to the marth ditto mm. $1-2
Long Island is nowhere near Rhode Island, unless your car is capable of swimming.

Falco1234

Smash Cadet
ahhh SNF good times.

ill think about going i have a few other game tourneys before this but ill see if i can get money to go if so ill see you there TICH 3 DOLLARMM!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Upon further consideration, I think we should either ban Mute City or unban Corneria.

Even though Fox counters everybody on Stadium to begin with? And he's good enough to beat anybody on Mute City anyway? I don't know. Just something to think about.

Top Bottom