• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

tedeth

Smash Master
Tedeth presents:

WESTERN SYDNEY SMASHARIACRAFT​

THE PLAYERS

Tedeth

Brawl: :wario: :wolf: :snake:
Melee: :ganondorf: :jigglypuff: :fox: :falco:

Mobile: 0425625481

E_Alert

Brawl: :popo: :marth:
Melee: :falco: :peach: :fox:

Zxv

Brawl: :peach: :marth: :metaknight:
Melee: :sheik: :sheik: :sheik: :marth: :falco: :fox: :peach:

Mobile: 0452266681
Home phone: 88831434

Foxy

Brawl: :toonlink: :ike:

Meteor Master (he will never escape it)

Brawl: :sonic: :ness: (he will never escape that either)
Melee: :marth: :jigglypuff:

Gords

Brawl: :toonlink: :diddy:
Melee: :sheik:

gordo1229@gmail.com

Patv
Brawl: :diddy: :olimar:
Melee: :sheik: ?

Swordsaint/Scoot

Brawl: :falco:
Melee: :marth:

Wvz

Brawl: :ike: :toonlink:

HONORARY MEMBERS

Leish

Brawl: :rob:

If there are any details people want added/changed let me know. Also if you don't have a colour pick one. :p
Is there anyone else that is active atm? Let me know.

THE MEETS

Tedeth's Faulconbridge Fridays
Weekly
Where: Faulconbridge, Blue Mountains
Contact Tedeth for details

Novasmash Sydney
Organised weekender
Where: Quakers Hill
Contact EA for details

Smash in da hood
Organised weekender
Where: Rouse Hill
Contact Zxv for details

Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Worlds best/worst meet. Held annually.... for a week.
Where: Faulconbridge
Contact Tedeth for details

WING-SMASH!!!
Organised weekender
Coming soon

Contact me with any questions:
MSN: shmedhouse_productions@hotmail.com
Mobile: 0425625481

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
How far west are we talking? Where do YOU live at :p

I live in Cherrybrook and have a friend who lives in Glenhaven and we both want to start going to brawl tournies or at least... playing with other people. Training into the city (likely from Pennant Hills Station) isn't horrible, but, i am quite lazy, and a short drive is much easier. Ideally, regular (biweekly/weekly/every 2 week) meets would be great to train for big tourneys, to have fun, and to assemble a crew :D.

Theoretically, there should be quite a few people in the area who play brawl, so i just hope more people post in this topic. GW with starting it.

Am i in the "west sydney" area your talking about, or did you mean further west?

tedeth

Smash Master
I'm in the blue mountains but I wasn't intending to actually host anything this far out. I was planning to see what the response was like, where people were and such, and base the location as close to as many people as possible. I don't believe there's any point going further out than penrith, or further in than maybe blacktown. Blacktown wouldn't be too bad for you, we'll just have to see how it pans out. If you have friends in your area direct them here and I'll be able to get a better idea of what we're looking at in terms of location.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Mmmm I live in Parramatta
Would love to get into the tournament scene, but will probably only be able to do that after the HSC.
Expect to see me then ^^

tedeth

Smash Master
yeah, fairfield and parramatta both fall into the location im trying to tap into. it looks like this idea might not be as big a fail as i feared. I know a couple of guys that aren't on the boards that might be interested aswell. If you have any friends that play smash direct them here and we'll try to get a meet/tournament going somewhere sometime.

I'm putting my msn address into the first post if anyone wants to discuss anything.

@ eRonin: I assume you're going into yeah 12 next year? I'll try and orgainse something before school starts so that you can at least come along and check it out if you're free.

tedeth

Smash Master
I've found a place in Kingswood that we could hire for a tourney for only $8 per hour and is close to kingswood station that looks pretty decent. If I get a good response to this thread then I'll enquire about it.

And Unreon next time we meet I'll have to get you to teach me some BJJ. :p

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Unreon and Meteor, do u have any regular meets near Cabramatta or do u just go over to eachothers houses?

Paramatta seems like a pretty central place for baulkham hills, blacktown, cabramatta, liverpool and hornsby (approx 25min drive for each) and there seem to be quite a few smashers inhabiting those areas.

Kingswood seems like a good place to have tournaments, especially if more people from the penrith->blacktown post and make themselves known.

Guess we just have to wait for the topic to grow to see what kind of numbers there are. Again, great work with making this topic tedeth.

Aesthetic

Smash Cadet
I live near Blacktown, and a few friends and I actually play smash at a decent competitive level.

tedeth

Smash Master
I'm a brawl player myself, but as someone who used to play and love melee I'm interested in developing my skills again to a certain extent. I'd like to be able to host tournaments for both games if there's enough interest for both.

Aesthetic

Smash Cadet
Brawl or Melee?
If you're referring to me, I only play Brawl.

I haven't touched my Melee in a very long time, so I'd say I'm not competitive in that anymore.

@Tedeth, I'd be interested if you hosted either a Melee or Brawl tourney. I just finished the HSC year, so I need something to de-stress myself (Yes I'm still stressed about it, especially with UAIs out this week <_<; )

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok well if we're going to do this, I think we should not procrstinate on it for too long. I'm thinking I should run a tournament early january. Probly either the 4th or the 11th for convenience, but I'm not fussy about the date at all really. Everyone let me know what you think and if it's looking good then I'll ring about the place in Kingswood I was looking at to check availability before the end of this week.

What I want to do is run brawl and melee on the same day. That way brawl players can play melee just for the fun of it and visa versa. If everything goes smoothly there's no reason we can't run doubles for each game aswell as individual.

Also, just so that you know what the venue will be like, here it is: http://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au/index.asp?id=1439

Oh and let me know if you have friends that are interested so that I can get an early idea of numbers.

Aesthetic

Smash Cadet
I'm all for the idea of a tourney :D.

There's me, and I have a friend that would probably be interested. As for the others, I'll ask around. I'm not fussy about when it is, since it's Summer.

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok well it seems luke is planning an ACT tournament on the 11th. So I'm thinking that providing I can get the venue on the day we have it the sunday after that, which would be the 18th. How does that suit everyone?

tedeth

Smash Master
well if anyone's going to reloaded let me know and i'll make it the week after

But i need to know in the next couple of days so that I can book the place this week

Gords

Smash Champion
definately interested, if i am free on the day i will be there.

Also definately will get involved in the western sydney thread. I am in campbelltown, our footy team is the West Tigers so i am definately classified as western sydney, lol.

But we need more friendly meets for both brawl and melee.

and unreon your making me jealous, i want to go to japan. anyways when you get back i want to play your melee falco, test out my improved perfect shield skill in combat. although atm i am only Perfect shielding about 30% of the time :(

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok well at this stage let's say it's on the 18th, 100% confirmation will come by the end of the week

I'll do an official posying of the rules closer to the event, but this is the basic outline.

The way I want to run this tourney is, rather that use swiss, do poules of 5 or 6 depending on numbers. 2 games per match in the poules. I'm hoping doing it like this won't end up with player waiting for like 30-40 min for their next match. Also, I think the poule system will assist in players making otehr players get their matches done promptly. I'll make the poules as even as possible for this first tourney, after this I'm gonna base poules on rankings.

After the poules I'll tabulate the result and we'll do double elims. Usual rules. 3 games with 5 game finals, you should know the drill with counterpicks etc.

I think the fairest, fastest way to do doubles is to base the seeding on the individual event, and run double elims like that. So basically just add teh 2 players individual results together, the lowest score is seeded first etc.

I'm gonna book the hall from 9 till maybe 7pm since it's so cheap, so there's gonna be lots of time for friendlies and stuff.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
tedeth...omg....<3

i hvnt had internet for about a week ( lightning + modem= pain and suffering) and when i get back i find u interested in holding a tourneyish thing. count me in! ( im getting addicted to melee.....help)

isthattim?

Smash Ace
(Western)Sydney fiends,
are you bored this uni/school holidays?
Still high from don't come and dont wish to come down from the high only epic smashness can give?
got nothing on this weekend?

WHY NOT ATTEND

Tim's (semi)EPIC Novocastrian smash meet

for details see zero's hunter thread

tedeth

Smash Master
Ha ha I'm really impressed by the results of me starting this thread. It's looking like there might be a good mix of experienced competitors aswell as some newcomers to the competitive scene. To all those who are newcomers, I think you'll have a great time if you can make it, and it's always good to meet new smashers.

I've e-mailed about the venue so things are in the works. Just for clarification the entry fee will be $10 for the whole day and there will be cash prizes for those who place in both brawl and melee singles (no prizes for doubles except satisfaction). The prizes will, of course, depend on the turnout, so everyone get your friends involved and we might see some decent pots for both events.

Dedu

Smash Lord
I is also coming.

But what day will it be on depends...
stiff all over atm :D

Top Bottom