• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Now We're Playing With Power!" ~ Create the next generation of Nintendo!

Should we rebrand Nintendo at all?

• Yes, we should rebrand Nintendo, be it slightly or entirely.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, we should not rebrand Nintendo.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • --

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Yeah, sure.
I mean, Hsien-Ko would replace her, but I prefer Felicia, since she could far more popular than other Darkstalker.
In the games Demitri is actually arguably one of the main characters tbh. Though I can see midnight Bliss being an issue. Jon or BB Hood would be cool. Though Imo in a 16 character roster I don't think you really need two Darkstalkers, as much as I love the seires.

Also unrelated idea: could throw in a Breath of Fire character. Allways misses its shot and it was on the SNES.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the games Demitri is actually arguably one of the main characters tbh. Though I can see midnight Bliss being an issue. Jon or BB Hood would be cool. Though Imo in a 16 character roster I don't think you really need two Darkstalkers, as much as I love the seires.

Also ide: could throw in a Breath of Fire character. Allways misses its shot and it was on the SNES.
Okay, great idea.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I know I submitted him in the vs Shonen game, but I think Herlock Sholmes would be perfect here
1643419973505.png

The Ace Attorney characters in general I feel would work well with the Nintendo cast, but Herlock is like one animation style away from being a cartoon character, Herlock from what I know is a fan favorite, and with the success it has and history the Ace Attorney games have with the Nintendo console lineup I think having two Ace Attorney characters is fair.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice

FINALLY finished the roster, everyone. Sorry for the poor image quality.

A roster of 32 Characters! 16 Nintendo, and 16 Capcom. I mostly chose each character based on what impression they'd give of the company overall. They were chosen as a gateway to Capcom and Nintendo's library of games. Most of the games chosen were either popular amongst fans, classic hits, or just had well-recieved games. ...And then there's LABO-Man, whose moveset could have fun references to Nintendo's history of toys and peripherals. Again, the goal in the choices here was to give good first impressions of both companies and introduce them to the subjectively good games they've put out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A roster of 32 Characters! 16 Nintendo, and 16 Capcom. I mostly chose each character based on what impression they'd give of the company overall. They were chosen as a gateway to Capcom and Nintendo's library of games. Most of the games chosen were either popular amongst fans, classic hits, or just had well-recieved games. ...And then there's LABO-Man, whose moveset could have fun references to Nintendo's history of toys and peripherals. Again, the goal in the choices here was to give good first impressions of both companies and introduce them to the subjectively good games they've put out.
A really fun roster!

It's really good!
Plus, it only lacks Miis, which the game could be better if we had Miis.
Also, I hope there is gonna be DLC, where we could have Takamaru and Amingo in the Roster.

Good thing you didn't went on the path, where Duck Hunt Duo is included in Nintendo roster, because that would be weird and unfitting.

Last edited:

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
While we're on the topic of NVC, I guess I can talk about the non-character aspects and how they'll work.
Aesthetics
Initially, I wanted to go with an art style that could harken back to the '90s, back when Nintendo and Capcom had the strongest bond. But then, I took a look at it and figured that something off the lines of Dragon Ball FighterZ would work better, combined with those cool streaks that appear in some of the street fighter artwork.

The fighterZ artstyle would allow a lot of the Nintendo characters to still be colorful and expressive, while not harming how the more realistic characters appear in the game. You could possibly use those Street Fighter streaks and edge outlines in stuff like character artwork and special moves, sorta resembling the ones from Street Fighter II Turbo or MVC.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Gameplay
With this, I had to be a little bit more creative. I think that adhering to a strictly Smash Bros. or strictly MVC gameplay style would alienate the other side of the fans who play the game. So I'm thinking that a nice mix between both would create a good middle ground. Here's how I could see it working.

So, I imagine the stage design being sorta like the KoF stage from Smash, though cut the expectation of being able to break the barrier on the stage.

Stages can have different layouts. Some can be rocky, while others are slanted a little. There'll also be platforms on the stage that you can use for building combos. However, there is no blast zone. If a fighter hits the wall, they'll bounce off of it. The goal here is like any traditional fighting game. To get the opponent to 0HP.

With fighters, they'll move more like Smash Bros. Where you can jump and be knocked back a notable amount. However, the button presses are different. The jump button is now moved to pushing (not tilting) the analog stick up. You can push upward again for a double jump. Each button has a different function. One does a light punch, another a heavy punch, a third a light kick, and a fourth like a heavy kick. You can also do certain inputs to perform special moves. It's like a combo of Street Fighter and Smash. Some inputs are more simple than others for the Nintendo fans who wanna play easy. Though, there'll be more complex commands for the Vs. Capcom veterans to try out. You can also grab and shield using the same buttons as before. However, your shield only protects you on the front, so people can attack you from behind.

The gameplay strikes a combo between what Nintendo and Capcom fans are familiar with and blends them together for a mix between traditional fighting games and platform fighters.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace

To be honest when I heard this was going to be Nintendo vs. Capcom I was disappointed (remember when I asked if the two partners could collab? That's because I had SEGA vs Capcom in mind), however looking at this roster I don't feel bad about this happening. Playing as Shulk teamed with Dante and Zero is not something I knew I wanted but now do, seeing Link in a 3v3 Anime Fighter sounds really cool, and having Kirby and Amaterasu in the same room is something I also really want.

D

Deleted member

I could want to see 3D Aesthetic, since it's a modern fighting game and it perfectly fits into Nintendo.
Also, it could have Street Fighter V Aesthetic, since it could be realistic.
The gameplay is like DB FighterZ like BlueCRE BlueCRE said.
You do realise DBFZ plays like MVC, right? I think Blue was talking about Artsyle. Anyway I really like the idea Blue had with the streaks.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Modes
Typically, traditional fighters don't have a lot of game modes. There's usually just Versus, Online, Story, Arcade, and Training. Though we've gotta take into consideration the Nintendo side of things. In Smash, there are a lot of game modes to explore. I don't think that NVC should stack up to that nearly as much, but it should have a good amount of stuff to keep fans busy with the game. Firstly, split the Versus gameplay between 1v1 or 3v3. In 1v1, the gameplay is much simpler, and in 3v3, the gameplay gets more complex with switching between three different fighters, each with their own health bar. Using the D-Pad buttons, you can switch between characters.

In addition to the 5 modes mentioned earlier, a cool thing to do would be to put in minigames using NVC's controls and gameplay. Maybe you could have the car minigame from II, where you have to build up enough damage to break the car under a time limit. Maybe there could be target test from Smash, adjusted to fit NVC's controls. Possibly events, where you have to fight characters under specific circumstances. Alongside the minigames could be collectibles obtained by playing the game. Trophies, Masterpieces... Make a museum feature that allows you to fit them into your own gallery of exhibits!

...And about the story mode, why not make it something like a 2D beat-em-up? That'd be sick!

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Seriously? Labo-Man instead of one of the actual Labo characters?
I just feel like in-context, LABO-Man works better. One of the LABO Characters could work, but in the context of their universe, I'm not sure if that would allow for the other Nintendo peripherals to be used. LABO-Man just works a lot better as a fighter.

I just feel like in-context, LABO-Man works better. One of the LABO Characters could work, but in the context of their universe, I'm not sure if that would allow for the other Nintendo peripherals to be used. LABO-Man just works a lot better as a fighter.
You're right. Labo Man makes more sense as LABO Fighter.
Also, ROB also could fit as Hardware Fighter, because he is far more iconic than Labo Man.

Job 6.2:
Kirby's Stage

It would take place in Green Greens, Dream Land on Planet Popstar. There are some Cameo places like Castle Dedede and Halberd in Background.
The Cameos are Rest of Kirby's Cast like King D3, Meta Knight and others.

I feel that we need some Misc. Stages to make the game more interesting.

Also, Peach's stage could be Mushroom Kingdom and Mario's could be Metro Kindgom, since he was born in NYC according to Super Show.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I'm really sorry for being inactive! I'll try to participate more.

Peach's Castle and Bowser's Castle need to be home stages for Peach and Bowser respectively.

I also think it would be interesting if Wario's stage was WarioWare Inc. Wario's employees can make cameos in the background. As for the appearance, I think an office building could work, with several decorations paying homage to several minigames in the series.

I'm really sorry for being inactive! I'll try to participate more.

Peach's Castle and Bowser's Castle need to be home stages for Peach and Bowser respectively.

I also think it would be interesting if Wario's stage was WarioWare Inc. Wario's employees can make cameos in the background. As for the appearance, I think an office building could work, with several decorations paying homage to several minigames in the series.
Bro, I also came up with Peach's Castle and Bowser's Castle as Stages before.
(I don't mean that you stole my idea, I mean that we had similar ideas)

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Animal Crossing: The Roost
1643484651965.png

(image used as a reference, I feel this should be a Roost created for the game featuring elements from Multiple AC games and a Place for K.K. Slider)

Animal Crossing is a peaceful game series so I think it's stage should also be less intense, and I can't think of a more iconic and mellow place in the Animal Crossing series than The Roost.

This is a stage with Multiple cameos from other Animal Crossing characters (and depending on if we get an Animal Crossing game on the system, I think it'd be cool if the residents in your town appear twice as often in the background), and key characters (Tom Nook, Isabelle, etc.).

Also if you're playing late at Night K.K. Slider shows up and plays a song (since there's only 6 tracks allowed, only one can be dedicated to Slider.)

Songs:

(Feel free to criticize my list and/or suggest replacements, I admittedly am not that well versed in Animal Crossing)
The Roost Theme*
*slightly remixed to be more fightable on, not too much and this should be a realaxation song first, but I can't imagine Link vs Wesker fights happening here so just slightly more fightable.
K.K. Cruisin'*
*only appears late at Night with K.K. Slider appearing in the stage accompanying it

Last edited:

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Job 6.2: Mario's Stage (Mushroom Meadows) & Kirby's Stage (Sky of Dreams)
So, I had an idea for Mario's stage. I tried using the concept philosophy like Dark suggested. Anyway, Mushroom Meadows is a level based on the first levels from your run-of-the-mill Mario games. You fight on a regular grass hill, with two giant mushroom platforms on each side. A castle similar to the ones Mario reaches when he completes a level is in the background, lying atop the grass hill. In the far background, you can see a meadow filled with trees and mushrooms, with Toad Town, Peach's castle, and multicolored hills in the distance. I feel like the Mushroom identity fits Mario way too well to be ignored. You could do something special with the mushrooms, where the player gets a jump boost if they jump while standing on them.

Music Selection:
Main Theme - Super Mario 64
(TBA)

I also had an idea for Kirby's stage. This one takes inspiration from "Bubbly Clouds" from Kirby's Dream Land. This stage has you fight atop a cluster of clouds, surrounded by star bits and rainbows. There'd be many of Kirby's pals and foes in the background, such as Dedede, Bandana Dee, Waddle Doos, Lololo and Lalala, and many others. I figured the dreamy aesthetic fits Kirby much better than simply doing Green Greens.

Music Selection
Green Greens - Kirby's Dream Land
Bubbly Clouds - Kirby's Dream Land
Butter Building - Kirby's Adventure
Hilltop Chase - Kirby Super Star
Moonstruck Blossom - Kirby Triple Deluxe

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Gonna be honest, having a tough time picking a Xenoblade/Shulk stage because of how many beautiful locations and how important there are, so while I'm trying to pick one here's the most obvious stage out of the way.

Ryu: Suzaku Castle
1643549842411.png

Suzaku Castle is the stage that always follows Ryu in crossovers and it's Ryu's home stage in the series. As such the association is obvious, it's his home stage and one of the most iconic stages in Video game history.

Songs:
(feel free to criticize my list and/or suggest replacements, not a big SF guy)

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Got another idea finished!
Job 6.2: Link's Stage (Kakariko Plaza)
This stage is inspired by Kakariko Village, particularly based on the style of the earlier Zelda games, such as A Link to the Past or Ocarina of time. This stage takes place on a town plaza, with a fountain at the center. Its surrounded by numerous houses and pots, with some landmarks in the background, such as Lost Woods, Death Mountain, and Hyrule Castle. Many villagers from the town, with some recognizable characters, such as Malon or the Happy Masked Salesman, making cameos.

In addition, you can play on this stage during the daytime, or during the nighttime rainstorm. Your choice!

Music (All Remixes)
Main Theme - The Legend of Zelda
Hyrule Castle - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Dark World - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Termina Field - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Champions' Medley - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
With that, the plans for the NSX Launch are complete, thanks to...
-My NSX & Mario Kart X-Treme
-cashregister9's Tomodachi World
-The Voterbase's Nintendo vs. Capcom

I have a hand-drawn poster in the works, so I'll post it when it's ready!

Last edited:

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
- FINAL RESULTS -
*NOTE: I finally finished the poster. I hope it looks good!

These are the final results. In the year 2025, the NSX, releasing in June, and its early titles are finally announced. This is an alternate timeline, where the Switch and its game library come to a halt, resulting in 4 years of speculation for what's to come next. Titles such as BotW2 and Metroid Prime 4 come to a halt as well. :ultmario: Mario Kart X-Treme is announced as a launch title, alongside :ultmiifighters:Tomodachi World. Additionally, Nintendo's partnership with SEGA and Capcom is announced. SEGA announces a :ultjoker:Persona collection coming to the NSX. Meanwhile, Capcom announces :ultmegaman: Nintendo vs. Capcom. This was originally planned as a launch title as well but was pushed back a couple of months to give X-Treme some time in the spotlight. Finally, :ulthero3:Dragon Quest XII is announced to be released on the NSX. No further information is given.

It's looking like the casual and competitive audiences are satisfied for now... However, more core gamers are lacking something to enjoy on this console. That might be something to keep in mind...

Now then, our next chapter for this forum game is coming soon, but allow me to reveal the new twist...
THE EPD DIVISIONS!

With a forum centered around developing games, we gotta keep things realistic. For those of you who don't know, the EDP Divisions are sections of Nintendo, in charge of watching over first-party titles and developing them. Each EDP division has its own specialty, and can only be used to develop a game so many times at once. They'll be busy for a bit when they're given the maximum amount of titles but they'll then be free to use again. Each EDP Division can only work on 2 projects at maximum. After years pass, they'll open back up when the titles are done.

I hope you all like where this has been going. Lemme know what you all think about how this turned out. Until next time!

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Alright, your boy is finally back! With two new jobs. The first you all have expected, with a surprise one as well! Are you all tough enough to create ideas for the best of the best?! I bet y’all are! ‘Cuz when you’re playing with Nintendo, NOW YOU’RE PLAYING WITH POWER!

Level 2:
Donkey Kong Country: Robo Rumble

The story is similar to Kirby: Planet Robobot, where DK Island gets mechanized by two robot-obsessed human scientists that want to take over the island and they send DK and his friends far away from the island and DK needs to return and save it before robots take over it.

The gameplay of DKC: Robo Rumble would be same as new DKC games like Returns and Tropical Freeze as you know, where the gameplay is more fast-paced, you can have helpers like Diddy or Dixie again and animal helpers are also returning to the new game.
The genre is 2.5D platformer that kinda incorporates run 'n' gun elements (Because of mentioned gimmick down below).
However, there is new gimmick that will be revealed in the game.

The new central gimmick is "Cybernetic Upgrade", which it acts as Power-Up for DK and his friends and the way to obtain it is finding a metallic crate that acts like Mario's question block.
Typical example is "Coconut Cannon", which is futuristic cannon that shoots metallic coconuts that explode on impact with enemy or ground/wall. You can lose it when you get damaged by hazard or enemy or boss.

Level 3:
Mother 4: Porky's Revenge!

This game would be sequel to Mother 3 and it would took place after the events of Mother 3 and it would be open-world game that still has elements borrowed from past Mother games like Battle System for typical example.

Last edited:
Top Bottom