• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Now We're Playing With Power!" ~ Create the next generation of Nintendo!

Should we rebrand Nintendo at all?

• Yes, we should rebrand Nintendo, be it slightly or entirely.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, we should not rebrand Nintendo.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • --

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Alright! Results are in.
CLOWN ARENA: 2 VOTES (40%)
X-TREME: 2 VOTES (40%)
TRIPLE TEAM: 1 VOTE (20%)
---
We landed a tie. I noticed that beforehand, so I did the random wheel generator in advance to get a tiebreaker.
X-Treme came out on top!
I'll go into detail a lil' more about the idea tomorrow, then give out the next prompt!

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Hey all! Just an update!

I'll be putting the idea out tomorrow instead. I was just busy today, so I'll need some extra time to put my ideas in a doc and whatnot. Thanks for your patience!

Everyone is doing the crossovers thing. I think it would be kind of refreshing to have something that doesn't do that for once.

I really like X-Treme BTW.
I mean, ROB's addition in Mario Kart DS made the game more interesting to play.
Also, Link, Villager, Isabelle and Inklings were also interesting characters in Mario Kart.

Yeah but the point is that is seemingly what we're getting anyway so why not so something different.

It's Blue's game anyway.
It's his game, but having only Mario Roster would be little bit boring and repetitive (I mean, it's Mario Kart, but still we could add some guests to make it interesting like they added Sonic and Snake to Smash, which it was brilliant idea).

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Hi, I'm joining this thread now. Always thought it was cool but didn't have the time, but now I have some time to hop in from here to there.
The document for X-Treme is now out!
---

I'm able to answer any questions y'all may have about the idea. It'll be a little while before I post the second part of the prompt!
For the racers Yoshi and Shy Guy, will they retain the multiple colors they had in MK8? And will Bowser Jr., similar to how Yoshi and Shy Guy does it, be able to swap between the Koopalings?

Pretty pointless, but I need to know if I get Isekai'd into the world where this Nintendo generation happens if I can play as Light Blue Yoshi and Lemmy Koopa in the newest Mario Kart game.

Last edited:

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm joining this thread now. Always thought it was cool but didn't have the time, but now I have some time to hop in from here to there.

For the racers Yoshi and Shy Guy, will they retain the multiple colors they had in MK8? And will Bowser Jr., similar to how Yoshi and Shy Guy does it, be able to swap between the Koopalings?

Pretty pointless, but I need to know if I get Isekai'd into the world where this Nintendo generation happens if I can play as Light Blue Yoshi and Lemmy Koopa in the newest Mario Kart game.
That's right! Multiple color options still exist in X-Treme. Yoshi and Shy Guy will get theirs, and new multiple color options appear for Toad, Koopa Troopa,
and Bowser Jr w/ the Koopalings

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
...By the way, here's the next part of the fourth job! Have fun!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Can I submit an original character based on the Mario universe? I have a backup submission in mind if this isn't approved.

Mabowser

Art by LetItMelo. Not necessarily representative of how the character would appear.

The yang to Bowser's yin, Mabowser is Bowser's cuddly; Barney-esque doppleganger and the natural conclusion of the Wario-cube. Always cheerful and a sucker for hugs, he's sickly-sweet to the point of exclaiming "Sorry!" when deploying a bob-omb. Just like Waluigi, nobody knows where he's from or what relation he has to either, Bowser or Wario.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Foreman Spike

He's gonna be in the new Mario movie so we may as well bring him back.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1642894094772.png

Thwomp

Thwomps are an iconic Mario enemy that's been in most Mario and Mario Kart games. The main reason I'm submitting this is the infamous rumor of a playable Thwomp in Mario Kart 64, which people started calling Marty, so I think it'd be cool if we added a playable Thwomp to honor Marty.

EDIT: Don't know if it's allowed, but I'd like to add the idea of 3 colors for the Thwomp. Default is the above Gray, then we have a dark blue representing how they looked earlier before Gray was established, and then the Green Marty The Thwomp has because he's kinda the whole reason I even chose to nominate Thwomp

Last edited:
New Racer:
Cappy (Mario Odyssey)

Cappy is supporting character that debuted in Super Mario Odyssey on Nintendo Switch. Cappy is Bonneter (A Ghost entity, who wears a hat), who goes with Mario for adventures around the world. He has a sister called Tiara. However, he has an ability to possess hats like he did to Mario's hat and by that, Mario could capture random creatures.

Cappy's stats are:
Weight: Featherweight
Speed: 3/5
Handling: 1/5
Acceleration: 5/5

I nominate Cappy as newcomer, because he could represent Super Mario Odyssey and he is one of Most beloved Mario's Sidekicks ever. He could even fit into Racing game, since Super Mario Odyssey sold much copies that made him popular and by his popularity he could join the Roster without a doubt.

Job 4:
Retro Courses

1. Coconut Mall - Because it's very popular and it has potential to return in next game. I really like it because of the music.
2. Mount Wario - Sounds very unique and we can brought back. I like it, because it has unique structure and Snowy aesthetic.
3. DK Jungle - That track was cool because it really fit DK.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Luigi's Mansion (DS), great vibes and Luigi's Mansion the game series is great; Toad's Factory (Wii), a really fun and interesting track that sadly never got in another Mario Kart game afterwards; Cheese Land (Mario Kart 8/Super Circuit [thanks for making me remember this game exist, Wario Wario Wario]), Simply the greatest track in all of video game history, no bias whatsoever, that and I just couldn't think of another track since my other most wanteds were already submitted.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Luigi's Mansion (DS), great vibes and Luigi's Mansion the game series is great; Toad's Factory (Wii), a really fun and interesting track that sadly never got in another Mario Kart game afterwards; Cheese Land (Mario Kart 8), Simply the greatest track in all of video game history, no bias whatsoever, that and I just couldn't think of another track since my other most wanteds were already submitted.
It's really easy to forget Cheese Land and Ribbon Road were GBA courses considering how much they were changed.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Alright, just about time to wrap up voting. Let's see our first two winners who pulled ahead.

KING K. ROOL: 6 VOTES
THWOMP: 4 VOTES
King K. Rool and the Thwomp will be the first two new racers to join Mario Kart X-Treme.

As for the others...
MABOWSER: 3 VOTES (WON BY RANDOMIZER)
CAPPY: 3 VOTES
FOREMAN SPIKE: 1 VOTE
Mabowser takes the last slot!

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and here are my ideas for some retro courses.
Bone Dry Dunes
One of the features I plan to incorporate into MKX is stage shifting. As you race across the tracks, something is happening during the race. This makes it so that you aren't just racing in a course and racing in an actual Mario location. With Bone Dry dunes, what if the dry bone skeletons reanimated on the stage. You may have to make your way around them. Additionally, parts of the road could break as the dead skeletons are reanimated, resulting in more ramp timing on the later laps. You could also race across the ships coursing across the quicksand once the road starts to crack. And then, that big Dry Bowser Skeleton could reanimate, forming a massive titan that you get to race on. The idea of upgrading that stage to fit X-Treme's philosophy would be sick.

Super Mario Kart Amalgamation
The tracks in the original Mario Kart kinda reminded me of toy playsets, so I wondered... Why not make a toylike amalgamation of the Super Mario Kart tracks? On one point you could be racing Donut Plains... On another you could race across Choco Island... And on another, you could race across the original rainbow road. I think that'd be neat!

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Ight, so just a quick question. What do you all think of the generation we've made so far? Do you like it? If so, how come? Any favorites? And what prompts would you like to see down the line?

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
---
Alright, so here are the current courses that have pulled ahead.

COCONUT MALL: 4 VOTES
MAPLE TREEWAY: 3 VOTES
MOUNT WARIO: 2 VOTES
WARIO STADIUM: 2 VOTES
ROSALINA'S ICE WORLD: 2 VOTES
---
In Addition, the courses I hand picked were...
BONE DRY DUNES
LUIGI'S MANSION
TOAD'S FACTORY
CHEESE LAND

This just about wraps up the votable content for X-Treme! I'll be updating the doc over time. Additionally, I've got a new prompt for ya, and I'll be adding a new system to this forum game to spice things up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom