• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Now We're Playing With Power!" ~ Create the next generation of Nintendo!

Should we rebrand Nintendo at all?

• Yes, we should rebrand Nintendo, be it slightly or entirely.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, we should not rebrand Nintendo.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • --

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Koei Techmo
Owner of Dynasty Warriors, either this will result in a sequal to an exsting warrior game or create a new warriors game

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1643072645109.png

Disney needs literally no introduction so I won't even do it. This is a media legend with global icons such as Mickey Mouse, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, and more. The idea of having Disney game exclusives would certainly push our console ahead of the Playstation 6 and Xbox π, in terms of marketing and game library.

But what game would we even have? There are certainly many ideas, we could just take a Disney IP and put it in a game then sell it (like KOTOR was on the original Xbox) and that's still be okay, but I was thinking we could do more with it. Something that couldn't be taken to another console, how about Collabs? Multiple ideas, not the requirements but ideas I had, below

• The Legend of Zelda: Star Wars (title not final)
    • A non-canonical entry into the Zelda series, you play as Link, Hero of the Galaxy and (backstory to be decided), who must save the Galaxy. Imagine Windwaker, but instead of the Sea, you are exploring the Galaxy with familiar locations and characters from both series (not exact replicas because of the situation, but things you can identify, like you don't meet Luke Skywalker from the films but you meet another person who for some reason looks and has a similar role to him like you would see Tingle in multiple Zelda games). This is a traditional, not Breath of the Wild, Zelda game where you still do dungeons but all of this with a Star Wars twist.
  • Iron Metroid (Iron Man x Metroid)
    • A what if game where Tony Stark accidentally lands in the world of Metroid and replaces Samus. I imagine this mostly as a bonus title worth $20 on the Eshop but would probably be cool)
  • Links Crossbow Training x Bambi
  • Nintendo x Disney
    • A platform fighter not to be confused with Super Smash Bros., and it'd might even have different mechanics to say "we're not Smash Bros." I think Nintendo and Disney could have really cool properties to mix together that just unfortunately couldn't get a game. like Star Fox x Star Wars could work but I thought the Galaxy setting was to perfect to miss with Legend of Zelda and Star Fox is always in space anyway, now the two worlds can connect here)
And these are just collabs I could think of, we could still just "take property and make it a game" but make it a fantastic experience (like GoldenEye 007), I just think Collabs are more exciting.

Last edited:

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... Disney counts! I totally wouldn't mind! Oh, and I'll need to be a bit more specific about the frequent collaborators bit. Any of the companies you see on that job card are available. When I say frequent, I mean something like Retro Studios and the DK Games or Mercury and the Metroid games. I messed up the wording there.

But imma throw my suggestion in. Square-Enix.

So, I'm assuming everyone here knows who Square is. They're eligible to pick because they haven't collaborated with Nintendo like the examples listed above. The company has only released games on their console.

Square has been responsible for releasing some of the most well-known RPGs in gaming. My complete bias for making my dream RPGs aside, Square owns some very heavy hitters that would absolutely bring in sales for Nintendo consoles. Examples would include the Dragon Quest series, hitting 80M+ copies sold worldwide, and Final Fantasy, hitting 100M+ copies sold worldwide. Dragon Quest fans would absolutely strive to pick up these games. The craving is so bad that Japan had to make the company sell these games on Saturdays only just so that students wouldn't drop out of school to buy the newest title. Considering this, people would pick up the NSX on sight if Dragon Quest was available on this console only. The same goes for Final Fantasy. It's a household name in both the East and West. It would sell just as much if not even more consoles and copies than DQ would. Additionally, Square owns and publishes a lot of other well-known games, such as the Nier Automata series, the Kingdom Hearts series, and possibly leaves potential to make remakes of classics such as Crono Trigger or Xenogear (I admittedly know less about these franchises, but damn well know their popularity and praise. Having such heavy hitters exclusive to the Switch X would bring in A LOT of cash, possibly more than any other company could.

Additionally, having Nintendo's development departments collab with Square could create some godly titles, considering the talent of the teams over at Nintendo. For example, what about a DQ sequel with more exploration-based gameplay, a little more like BotW? (featuring EPD3, who develops the Zelda titles.) Or possibly, Square's collaboration with Nintendo would make room for an RPG adaptation of one of Nintendo's franchises. Maybe a sequel to Super Mario RPG, featuring Square's talented storytelling to truly bring this franchise to life. As someone currently learning about and playing these RPGs, I'd really wanna make this happen.

Last edited:
Job about collabs:
Capcom!

Capcom doens't need any introduction, since you guys know that company from Iconic Video games series "Megaman" and their fighting games "Street Fighter" and "Darkstalkers". Capcom is well known for Fighting Games that gave so much popularity, so why can't we just collab with very popular Japanese company that made Megaman and Street Fighter?

Capcom also collaborated with Nintendo sometimes, like they added Nintendo-themed costumes to Monster Hunter or they added Ryu and Megaman as playables into Smash, which it makes sense to collaborate with Nintendo, since Capcom has relation to Nintendo and it would help Nintendo to fight PS6 and Xbox Series Y.

Here are examples of games that could Capcom make with Nintendo:
  • Legend of Zelda X Monster Hunter: The Breath of Beasts (It's like BotW and it's sequel, but it crosses over with Monster Hunter)
  • Nintendo vs Capcom (It would a fighting game between Nintendo and Capcom series)
  • Capcom Arcade Collection on Nintendo Switch (I dunno, but it would be cool)
  • Star Fox X Forgotten Worlds (A nice collab with Iconic series with obscure game, which it could mix the gameplay and it's cool story)
  • and other games revolving about Nintendo and Capcom like new IPs or etc....

I nominate that colllab, because it could make sense, since Capcom had huge historical relation with Nintendo, so they could collab again to go back to the roots of 80's and early 90's.
Besides, Capcom and Nintendo collabing is a great idea. Nuff said.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Capcom is probably the best option but I'll go Sega. Could do a new Sonic, bring back some old ips, maybe we could do that fabled Sonic and Mario crossover game or do a new Atlus crossover (SMT X Pokemon?)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Should we submit a whole roster pitch or just a character or?

D

Deleted member

Oh just realised its only the capcom side.

The must haves to me are Ryu, Morrigan, Mega Man, Chun-Li, Dante and some form of resident evil character. I think Leon would be a good pick as resi 4 was originally a game cube game and also it's Crazy he hasn't been in one of these yet.

I'll submit more in the morning.

D

Deleted member

Don't know if anyone else is gonna post so may aswell throw some ideas in

Zak and Wiki - Was a Nintnedo wii game. Their scrimblo designs might fit well with the Nintnedo characters.

A Power Stone rep - It would fit well. Edward Falcon is the main character but it might be cool to go with someone like Rouge

There are characters would are already in MVC3 like Phoenix and Arthur that would make a lot of sense.

Don't wanna do full roster encase anyone else wants to throw in ideas

I have 2 Ideas:
Dante - Well, he didn't debut on Nintendo Console, but he appeared on Nintendo systems, so we could allow him. He is also Iconic, so why not him?

Frank West - Well, same as Dante. He actually appeared on Wii, so we could allow him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have 2 Ideas:
Dante - Well, he didn't debut on Nintendo Console, but he appeared on Nintendo systems, so we could allow him. He is also Iconic, so why not him?

Frank West - Well, same as Dante. He actually appeared on Wii, so we could allow him.
Already listed Dante.

Some other ideas

- A third street fighter rep. It is kind of the big Capcom series. I'd go with Street Fighter 5's Menat. I think she would fit this kind of game.

- Monster Hunter - Another fairly obvious pick

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Here's my idea: the Mega Twins from google dot com obscure capcom character

Yes, specifically these dagger-bearing Westernised demon babies, not the cute; cuddly; and objectively more appealing Japanese versions

D

Deleted member

Here's my idea: the Mega Twins from google dot com obscure capcom character

Yes, specifically these dagger-bearing Westernised demon babies, not the cute; cuddly; and objectively more appealing Japanese versions
Feel like we shouldn't do these kinda picks when there are a lot of capcom characters who have missed out on a vs game? I'm not trying to be mean.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Oooh! What about Strider? I think he's been a perfect attendance character in the MVC games.

A few extra things. Keep in mind that we don't have to pick a Capcom character just because they're on a Ninten console. We could just get Capcom to port the games at any time, so go wild.

Can we not do these kinda picks when there are a lot of capcom characters who have missed our on a vs game? I'm not trying to be mean but
Personally, I think they could possibly work... Though, I'd want it to be the JP designs. What do you all think?

Oooh! What about Strider? I think he's been a perfect attendance character in the MVC games.

A few extra things. Keep in mind that we don't have to pick a Capcom character just because they're on a Ninten console. We could just get Capcom to port the games at any time, so go wild.

Personally, I think they could possibly work... Though, I'd want it to be the JP designs. What do you all think?
1. Strider Hiryu can perfectly fit!
How would the crossover look like without him? Bad.
And with him? Good!

2. I have an Idea:
What if it would work like ROB and his Alts.
You know, Western ROB is default to Western regions, but the Japanese are default for Eastern regions. For west, the JP design is one of Alts. and it same goes with East, where they have West design and one of Alts.

D

Deleted member

Other capclm picks-

Asura

Jin Saotome

Captian Commando

Resi and Mega Man could prolly get 2nd reps. Franziska von Karma could be a cool pick

I have some ideas:

- Chun-Li - Without her, that wouldn't be a good fighting game without her thicc tights.

- Felicia - Same like Chun-Li.

- Amingo - Well, he would be a joke character and he would make a grand return (Or he appeared in other fighting games expect MvC 2?)

- Unknown Soldier (Forgotten Worlds) - He is kinda obscure pick, but he would be another Retro character. Nuff said lol.

- Nathan Radd Spencer - A Retro pick that could fit into this game. His grappling arm could have some functionality for Fighting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have some ideas:

- Chun-Li - Without her, that wouldn't be a good fighting game without her thicc tights.

- Felicia - Same like Chun-Li.

- Amingo - Well, he would be a joke character and he would make a grand return (Or he appeared in other fighting games expect MvC 2?)

- Unknown Soldier (Forgotten Worlds) - He is kinda obscure pick, but he would be another Retro character. Nuff said lol.

- Nathan Radd Spencer - A Retro pick that could fit into this game. His grappling arm could have some functionality for Fighting.
I already listed Chun-Li.

Also we have a lot of retro characters. We should add some more modern characters in

D

Deleted member

Looks good.
Only 2 characters that are missing are Edward Falcon and Felicia!

That will be good!

Also, can you show the Nintendo Roster?
I worry Nintnedo would have issue with Felica tbh. I know Morrigan is there but Felica just straight up doesn't wear clothes pretty much.

Putting a lil' something together for the Capcom roster. What do you guys think?
Really solid!

Top Bottom