• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Now We're Playing With Power!" ~ Create the next generation of Nintendo!

Should we rebrand Nintendo at all?

• Yes, we should rebrand Nintendo, be it slightly or entirely.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, we should not rebrand Nintendo.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • --

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Screenshot115.png

Donkey Kong: Country: K Rool's Revenge
It has been a number of years and DK Island has been in peace. But an old foe returns. K Rool has returned and is more dangerous that ever. He takes over the Islsnd sends the Kongs flying. Now they must get back home and take him on
Join Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong across multiple worlds.

It's a huge tribute to the original trilogy, featuring the same vibe. There is a special gimmick, that being "helper Kongs." On each world there is a Kong that can be rescued. These include Tiny, Chunky, Funky, Lanky and Kiddy. Once rescued, these Kongd each have an ability that can be called on to help reach extra areas. Chunky can slam down on rocks, funky can use his surf board to cross water, etc.

Earthbound (remake)
08ec6fd5c75869831d86d69a332c114c.png

This would be a remake of Earthbound in the style of the Link's Awakening remake, desgined to match the clay figure look of the promo art of the original game. We're skipping straight to Earthbound because it's the most popular. The content would stay the same, though we could slide a Easter egg hitting towards a possible mother three remake in there at the end.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
I ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN THIS LONG TO POST RESULTS-

Anyway, I’ll just make it short and simple. The EarthBound Remake won. The DK Submission contest was still stuck at a tie, so I chose the winner, which was K. Rool’s Revenge. Imma get to making the next job cards.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
I do agree with the DKC idea, it’s pretty cool!
However, I do think that we could change some stuff around in the EarthBound remake. I feel like characters could use some fleshing out, and that the pacing could be better. Plus, I feel that you could incorporate some stuff like character rebalancing & action commands to make the game better.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
…Guess not. Anyway, it seems that there’s no idea against the DKC idea. Though, whether or not to change the EB Remake a little is still up and in the air…

Oddball

Smash Lord
I really have no problems with the original Earthbound and don't see anything that needs to be changed, added, or removed. A nice graphic update is more than enough.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Alright, then! We won’t make any major changes to the EarthBound Remake besides the artstyle.
And everyone seems good with the DKC idea, so we’ll keep it the same. Working on the next title card as we speak.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Kouhai Rool-Kun
K. Rool's new alter ego is one of a samurai/ninja (he uses the terms interchangably, he didn't do his research - as you could already tell if you know anything about honourifics) - his Kremling army all have eastern or yokai themes to them, as does his new lair. The stages leading up to the castle, however, take from all sorts of cultures and environments

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Lmao. Just imagine if the entire game was themed around cultural appropriation. That would be outta pocket yet absolutely hilarious.
Kouhai Rool-Kun
K. Rool's new alter ego is one of a samurai/ninja (he uses the terms interchangably, he didn't do his research - as you could already tell if you know anything about honourifics) - his Kremling army all have eastern or yokai themes to them, as does his new lair. The stages leading up to the castle, however, take from all sorts of cultures and environments

Job 2-5:
Krugga Keh Rull

K. Rool's new alter ego that depicts him as devolved Crocodile that his plans was to devolve every animal on this island into prehistoric beasts that want to kill the Kongs.
His Kremling army would be themed after prehistoric crocodiles like Gracilisuchus for example.
Kongs need to defeat Krugga Keh Rull and his prehistoric devolved plans to save the island before the devolved animals would defeat him.
Overall, K. Rool's plan is to devolve the creatures and himself (even his army) back to their primitive forms as form of revenge to defeat the kongs.

I have a question:
Would it fit for the game?

I just wanted to do something unusual like prehistoric theme for example.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Job 2-5:
Krugga Keh Rull

K. Rool's new alter ego that depicts him as devolved Crocodile that his plans was to devolve every animal on this island into prehistoric beasts that want to kill the Kongs.
His Kremling army would be themed after prehistoric crocodiles like Gracilisuchus for example.
Kongs need to defeat Krugga Keh Rull and his prehistoric devolved plans to save the island before the devolved animals would defeat him.
Overall, K. Rool's plan is to devolve the creatures and himself (even his army) back to their primitive forms as form of revenge to defeat the kongs.

I have a question:
Would it fit for the game?

I just wanted to do something unusual like prehistoric theme for example.
That should work!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Has there ever been a desert (not a savannah or beach) in a Donkey Kong game? That seems like a good level to go with.

A zoo might be an interesting one, I don't want to portray humans so it'd probably have to take place after closing hours.

I like the idea of one-upping the moon punch with an even bigger planetary feat - I feel the core of the Earth would be an extremely fun take on a lava level, perhaps as a final or near-final stage - maybe even the location of the final boss.

Might be nice to re-explore DKC1's environmentalist themes by having the Kongs destroy an arctic oil rig.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I have a neat idea.
Graveyard Glacier

View attachment 354805

Residing on Donkey Kong Island was once the skeleton of a titanic mammoth who died after the Ice Age. The skeleton was then consumed by the island’s botany to become a habitat for mountain and arctic creatures. Now that K. Rull has his grubby hands on it, the mammoth’s skeleton has now been converted into a gigantic mechanical machine with an entire mountain range habitat on top. The animals who once lived there are now devolved and stuck in the range.

To make this even cooler, maybe you can witness this machine in action as you progress across the world! The machine’s trunk acts as the devolver beam, and you need to dodge it a few times in when it targets the island. This would function as the primary way that Rull devolved a majority of the island’s inhabitants.

You start the mountain range then make your way inside the beast, entering a mechanical fortress. Common elements can include icicles, fragile bones that act as platforms, freezing lakes that you can only swim across for a little, etc. Inside the fire tress can be gears, crushers, rising and lowering platforms, and other things. The boss would likely be one of Rull’s commanders, upgraded to match his new look.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
The Lost City of Kongo

Lost city.jpg

Explore ancient ruins that have long since been overtaken by the jungle. Give it a nice pulp/ Indiana Jones kinda feel, toss in some some statue to ancient forgotten Kong Gods (like Donkeyules God of Banannas!)

Top Bottom