• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOVEMBER 1st BRAWL TOURNEY IN WEST BLOOMFIELD!!!!!!!!!

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
>.> Also some good people play other characters as well. Tiers just tell you how good a CPU you is, it doesn't tell you how good a character is overall.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm sorry, Yoshi101, but that statement just tells me you're either ignorant or a complete moron. A tier list would never be based on CPU performance (because CPUs aren't even considered worthwhile for "competition" to begin with) and yes, tiers do tell you how good a character is overall (at the time of the tier list's creation).

Meta Knight is not "really easy;" bad players are "really easy." If you, I, or anyone ends up having to play against a Meta Knight who knows what he's doing then you can ****ing guarantee it'll be a difficult matchup, if not an impossible one depending on what character you're facing off with. Yes, Meta Knight is beatable, but anyone who says he's "easy" or "not that great" doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ham Enterprises

Smash Journeyman
Srry. I'm not this thread enoogh to keep up with what's going on.(considering I'm also hosting this tournament)
I need to get some Wheels so I can go....ASAP!!!
Maybe you can get a ride with OS
me anther vayvay and shaden aren't coming to this, were going to Chicago instead.
So you'd go to a tournament that's 5 hours away, rather then one that's 30-45 min. away
tell okiyama to hook me up..
I don't think Oki would be able to give you a ride back though. And one moree thing, there
might free pizza there, though it depends on a couple different things.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Isn't the tournament in Chicago hosting more than just Brawl?

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I'm sorry, Yoshi101, but that statement just tells me you're either ignorant or a complete moron. A tier list would never be based on CPU performance (because CPUs aren't even considered worthwhile for "competition" to begin with) and yes, tiers do tell you how good a character is overall (at the time of the tier list's creation).

Meta Knight is not "really easy;" bad players are "really easy." If you, I, or anyone ends up having to play against a Meta Knight who knows what he's doing then you can ****ing guarantee it'll be a difficult matchup, if not an impossible one depending on what character you're facing off with. Yes, Meta Knight is beatable, but anyone who says he's "easy" or "not that great" doesn't know what he's talking about.
I know CPUs aren't worthwhile for "competitions". The Tier thing though, is wrong. If you put Captain Falcon (Low) and Meta Knight (Top) in a battle, just 1 on 1, you'll be able to tell that Meta Knight has a higher AI then Captain Falcon. Meta Knight "acts" kinda like a human would. He attacks fast, dodges more (on land and in air), etc. He (of course) isn't as good as a Human, but thats as high as it can get. He just has more AI, it doesn't display any skill(s). Though I guess it my opinion of Tiers, you guys got your own, so whatever.
As for the Meta Knight being "really easy" was really just my opinion. I think Meta Knight is easy to kill. Though most of your don't agree for some reason, seems like you guys think he like this crazy insane god on Brawl, but I find him "kinda" weak. If you know your way around him. Just like I think Sonic should be ban, my opinion.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
>.> Also some good people play other characters as well. Tiers just tell you how good a CPU you is, it doesn't tell you how good a character is overall.
:laugh:

really?

I know CPUs are worthwhile for "competitions". The Tier thing though, is wrong. If you put Captain Falcon (Low) and Meta Knight (Top) in a battle, just 1 on 1, you'll be able to tell that Meta Knight has a higher AI then Captain Falcon. Meta Knight "acts" kinda like a human would. He attacks fast, dodges more (on land and in air), etc. He (of course) isn't as good as a Human, but thats as high as it can get. He just has more AI, it doesn't display any skill(s).
As for the Meta Knight being "really easy" was really just my opinion. I think Meta Knight is easy to kill. Though most of your don't agree for some reason, seems like you guys think he like this crazy insane god on Brawl, but I find him "kinda" weak. If you know your way around him. Just like I think Sonic should be ban, my opinion.
So you'll MM Me for 20$ my mk vs any main of yours?

also you need to shut up you have no clue what your talking about. Cpu's put you into habits and dont do what normal humans would do. CPUs also dont spacing moves or cover space as well as a human. a perfect spaced MK is almost impossible to beat.

Sonic should not even be brought up in a ban conversation hes garbage. thats like me wanting to ban yoshi, why? he cant do anything to anyone. and yes i know i play scala alot.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Let me point out your "opinions" and we'll see why what you say differs from everyone else:
You think CPUs are worthwhile for competition.
You think a tier list is based on CPUs.
You think that we pay any attention at all to CPUs.
You think Sonic is cheap.

First of all, stop talking about CPUs. CPUs are incorrigibly stupid, with a bonus random element added to them in Brawl so that they aren't completely predictable like they were in Melee.

Second of all, the trick to beating Sonic is picking any character that has DECENT priority (Luigi, Meta Knight, hell, YOSHI) and just spamming lots of hitbox because Sonic can't beat hitbox. On Battlefield, Sonic auto-loses to Sheik because he has absolutely no options around her Chain.

Third of all, Meta Knight's overall "goodness" is not a matter of opinion. He's a great character, arguably the best, and that's not really up for debate.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
1) Opps.. I meant arent X_X Sorry about that.
2) I dont think Sonic is really garabe, I think he's just too cheap for the game.
3) I know CPUs arent perfect, but they are harder then in Melee. So I guess Yush, with that random element, it doesn't make them completely predictable, but still easy. They can't really make a perfect CPU to think like a human, but I think that Tier is AI. The more AI Nintendo gave them, the higher they are on the Tier scale. Which is what they did with Character like MK and Snake. Lot of people are good with Lucas. Lucas is a low tier, so does that mean he sucks?
4) Who just spams? I hate spammers X_X, even to a CPU why would you?
5) True, MK could be agreed to be the best Character, but I think there is probably a few character that probably would win that. (Fox/Falco, Marth? And Maybe even Sonic >> No matter how much I dislike him) I think they're way better then MK. (My Opinion)

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
1) Opps.. I meant arent X_X Sorry about that.
2) I dont think Sonic is really garabe, I think he's just too cheap for the game.
3) I know CPUs arent perfect, but they are harder then in Melee. So I guess Yush, with that random element, it doesn't make them completely predictable, but still easy. They can't really make a perfect CPU to think like a human, but I think that Tier is AI. The more AI Nintendo gave them, the higher they are on the Tier scale. Which is what they did with Character like MK and Snake. Lot of people are good with Lucas. Lucas is a low tier, so does that mean he sucks?
4) Who just spams? I hate spammers X_X, even to a CPU why would you?
5) True, MK could be agreed to be the best Character, but I think there is probably a few character that probably would win that. (Fox/Falco, Marth? And Maybe even Sonic >> No matter how much I dislike him) I think they're way better then MK. (My Opinion)
MM ME THEN IF MK IS SO EASY FOR YOU TO BEAT. 20$

1) ???
2) sonic is not cheap he has no priority and is not a good character. if you lose to sonic the other player is heads over heels better than you.
3) NO NO NO NO NO NO NO do you even know why lucas is a bad character and why no one places well with him? Lucas sucks ALOT cause he gets grab released infinite into hell.
4) EVERYONE spams Its basically built into competitive fighting games. Spam the move that works to start a combo and control space. and profit from there.
5) im sorry to tell you this but no one is close to being mk level fox is a 70:30 mk favor marth is a 60:40 mk favor falco is 60:40? mk favor and sonic is 90:10? mk favor

Look man im sure your new to the community, and i know i was mean to you about your opinion im sorry for that. just please try to have at least some knowlege when you post please.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
1) 1/2 those videos really just show you holding on the edge.... I guess you could fight like that... Thats an akward way to fight if you ask me...
2) Ill battle you then
3 stock
8 mins
no items
Best 2/3
sound good?

I agree with yoshi101
Thank You =D

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I agree with yoshi101
......i'll mm you 2 then, 20$-1$ if mk is easy to beat, beat a kid who doesn't play him.

1) 1/2 those videos really just show you holding on the edge.... I guess you could fight like that... Thats an akward way to fight if you ask me...
2) Ill battle you then
3 stock
8 mins
no items
Best 2/3
sound good?

Thank You =D
It's called camping, something Mk does very well. Now i know your new to the competitive scene.

I'll play you for money 2/3 tournament rules winner takes the losers 20$ bill home.

if 20$ is to much ill do 15$ 10$ 5$ or even 1$. that is unless you're broke then ill play a friendly i guess.

also whoever thinks sonic is cheap is a horrible person, thats like saying mewtwo is cheap in melee and at least mewtwo could attempt to kill.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I normally just play friendly lol
And I guess Im horrible cuz i dont really like Sonic... and Mewtwo wasnt cheap... i know some people that were decent with him. I Just think Sonic is too cheap

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Very little people in michigan were good at melee, and the people who were good did not use Mewtwo competitively, i promise you that.

From now on just say you dont know how to fight sonic instead of sonic is cheap, because sonic is really easy to beat.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Saying Sonic is cheap is like saying Falcon Punch VOLCANO KICK is overpowered.

Lucas is low tier because he's got a ton of troublesome matchups and few good ones. Meta Knight is top tier because he's got a ton of great matchups, a bunch of good ones, and a couple of arguably even matchups. AI DOESN'T ACCOUNT AT ALL INTO TIER LISTS, NOR DO CPUS, STOP TALKING ABOUT THEM RIGHT NOW. You want to know how amazing Meta Knight's AI is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0HkT4fK12w :laugh:

I have half a mind to MM everyone with Marth because it feels like you people don't understand the concepts of "range" and "priority."

Anther

Smash Champion
lol, I didn't want to have to post here... but yall are being so annoying. Omni, you playing Metaknight is far from why he should be considered broken. You play a systematic and punishable metaknight, like everyone else, and that character is easily exploited and systematically beaten by just about every character. You're only going to prove that you're a better player than everyone else, except you also throw on the topping of forcefully doing things that look gay and hard to counter when you're kinda not even doing those right for it to be broken. Tony was just jumping into what I call 'stupid to be' zones against meta when he's recovering. He could easily have ran to the edge, shielded, let you nair and then fsmashed you a couple times, and not jumped down there and attacked your invincibility.

Yoshi101... don't develop theories about fighting games in your living room and then tell them to other people XD. And it's so weird that you're calling some of the "Worst" characters in the game cheap. lol...

I'll gladly MM you Sonic vs Meta, no gay stages Omni ;]... And show Tony why the chain won't stop sonic on battlefield XD.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
@yoshi and brawlbro: then i go back to my statement saying you have no knowledge of this game.
O god. You took my comment seriously? I mean I know sarcasm doesn't work over the internet but I figured that one was obvious enough. That's the last time I go for some cheap laughs....

Now i feel like an idiot because supposedly your driving me to the ann arbor tournament this weekend along with jkbuk? Well thanks if you are but I DO NOT think like that about brawl AT ALL LOL.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Few Things...
- besides this constant crap of MK vs Sonic can we not spam my thread with this useless and off topic $hit please???
- Hot_ArmS u better come with Ding he needs a ride
- Anther my PM's and texts finally hit u but r u still going to Chicago?
- Omni quite startin $hit
- Wheres Panda when i need him to moderate

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol, I didn't want to have to post here... but yall are being so annoying. Omni, you playing Metaknight is far from why he should be considered broken. You play a systematic and punishable metaknight, like everyone else, and that character is easily exploited and systematically beaten by just about every character. You're only going to prove that you're a better player than everyone else, except you also throw on the topping of forcefully doing things that look gay and hard to counter when you're kinda not even doing those right for it to be broken. Tony was just jumping into what I call 'stupid to be' zones against meta when he's recovering. He could easily have ran to the edge, shielded, let you nair and then fsmashed you a couple times, and not jumped down there and attacked your invincibility.

Yoshi101... don't develop theories about fighting games in your living room and then tell them to other people XD. And it's so weird that you're calling some of the "Worst" characters in the game cheap. lol...

I'll gladly MM you Sonic vs Meta, no gay stages Omni ;]... And show Tony why the chain won't stop sonic on battlefield XD.
I'll take that Sonic vs. Meta MM.

If you do it with him Omni, give me a PM and I'll tell you how to do it. It takes two moves, three if you get bored :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, dtilt and ftilt tornado, works too good =p, sonic has the worst shield game.
Psh. Wrong. Up+b from ground with no shield. Tornado is only if you're silly enough to do an aerial other than homing attack from the air.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
hey everyone, sorry i havent really been on this thread. im also somewhat hosting this with Ori_bro and Ham Enterprises. i havent really been on smashboards lately but i cant wait for november 1

Vayseth

Smash Master
Isn't the tournament in Chicago hosting more than just Brawl?
Yeah, it has Naruto, Smash 64, Melee singles/doubles, and Brawl singles/doubles. It also has SC4 and Mario Kart Wii on Friday.

So you'd go to a tournament that's 5 hours away, rather then one that's 30-45 min. away
Yes. I told all three of you that we were going to this tournament WAAAAAY back, when you first posted about it, when you were asking what tournaments are going on. The other tournament has more games, as well as a Halloween-themed party/tournaments. It'll be a great time and we've been planning on going for a while.

- Anther my PM's and texts finally hit u but r u still going to Chicago?
- Wheres Panda when i need him to moderate
1. Anther, Shaeden, Omniswell, and myself are going to Chicago, yes.
2. UofM students have midterms right now so he's extremely busy, I'm sure, like I am right now.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
ok a few things to say here.

1) sorry for getting angry and flaming everyone and saying stupid ****
2) anther my point was to show i could beat a player at my level without knowing anything about playing mk and i did it, im sure if i played your pika i would get 3 stocked. im sure if i spent enough time with mk i could be really stupid and lame with him.
3) anther that mm i'll take it. but i dont have much cash to work with so 1$ no gay stages.
4) i have medication johns with my pills which cause mood swings so once again im sorry for being annoying.
5)brawlbro i knew you werent serious. :-p i dont know if im driving you guys or not let me know asap k :)

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
i dont know if im driving you guys or not let me know asap k :)
nah. we can't go friday, a) my parents still haven't gotten overt the last ann arbor thing b) brawlbro has work c) i'm strapped on cash as is. i'm not even 100% sure on this.

brawlbro's gunna drive us on sunday tho.

only reason i'm going to vayvolution is cuz everyones gunna be gone for this tourney.

morning johns.

i'm looking forward to this november 1st tourney. i think this might actually motivate me to use my g&w now. i've only touched g&w seriously in like, 2 matches since the last tourney, and even there i only used him in a round or two. didn't really use him before that either.

g&w makes me unhappy. :urg:

TheMann

Smash Ace
Yea i'll go too!!!!

...if somebody gives me a ride. I stay in Ypsilanti, so yea somebody hit me up!!

Vayseth

Smash Master
SB3 is on the 18th, this is a tournament on the 1st. I can almost guarantee lain will be coming to this tournament. Have people confused which tournament is which? XD

Top Bottom