• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOVEMBER 1st BRAWL TOURNEY IN WEST BLOOMFIELD!!!!!!!!!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Here is a list of who is coming so far...

- Ori_bro
- Ham Enterprises
- Mr. Rogu
- WiiWouldLikeTwoPlay
- MasterSploder28 (aib)
- Okiyama
- Ding Ding
- Viper JLT4GOV
- JimboCav
- JustKindaBoredUKnow
- Brawl Bro
- SamuraiPanda
- Ankoku
- Yoshi101
- Lain
- Y.b.M (if he gets a ride)
- RoboticSithDrone
- Hot_ArmS
- Thax
- The Mann (ride)
- 10 -12 locals
- Overswarm + who he gets in his car

So far we have 33+ people attending (Very Nice! :))
- We Still Need TV's and Wii's

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
?

I'm not coming. MK isn't banned, plus this is after halloween.
Overswarm, exactly how many Meta Knight players will there be at a MICHIGAN tournament THAT ISN'T IN ANN ARBOR? How many of those will even begin to give you competition? It practically makes no difference whether Meta Knight is banned or not at this tourney.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, a statement. A statement that goes something like "I'm so busy trying to change this game that I don't have time for frivolous things like having fun or making money."

Sliq

Smash Master
yeah, A Statement. A Statement That Goes Something Like "i'm So Busy Trying To Change This Game That I Don't Have Time For Frivolous Things Like Having Fun Or Making Money."
Oh No He Didn't!!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, a statement. A statement that goes something like "I'm so busy trying to change this game that I don't have time for frivolous things like having fun or making money."
More like

"Instead of wasting an entire weekend playing a game I don't plan to continue playing maining a character I don't enjoy, I'll stay at home and do homework and play Dead Space"

Who cares how many Metaknights are at a particular tournament? There could be one, there could be a dozen; the number across the US is going to continue to grow and there's no reason to play anyone else. I don't have fun playing Metaknight, but I'm not going to use an inferior character in tournament just to have fun. If I wanted a disadvantage I'd play with one hand. I don't plan on playing smash locally forever and would like to travel, but at this point in time I don't see the point. Sure, I'd win $100-$300 or so pretty much guaranteed if I played well and/or had a good doubles partner. So what? I don't need the money and my time can be better spent. It's not worth losing a weekend over, especially on a tournament the day after Halloween.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
More like

"Instead of wasting an entire weekend playing a game I don't plan to continue playing maining a character I don't enjoy, I'll stay at home and do homework and play Dead Space"

Who cares how many Metaknights are at a particular tournament? There could be one, there could be a dozen; the number across the US is going to continue to grow and there's no reason to play anyone else. I don't have fun playing Metaknight, but I'm not going to use an inferior character in tournament just to have fun. If I wanted a disadvantage I'd play with one hand. I don't plan on playing smash locally forever and would like to travel, but at this point in time I don't see the point. Sure, I'd win $100-$300 or so pretty much guaranteed if I played well and/or had a good doubles partner. So what? I don't need the money and my time can be better spent. It's not worth losing a weekend over, especially on a tournament the day after Halloween.
More like

I DONT GIVE A FVCK

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
wow stop spmming my thread this isnt like the last 20 pages of Rofas Midwest Circuit Thread lets talk about the tourney and crap like that kk

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Who cares how many Metaknights are at a particular tournament? There could be one, there could be a dozen; the number across the US is going to continue to grow and there's no reason to play anyone else.
Who cares how many Meta Knights are going to show up nationally when we're discussing a single local tournament? There could be 20, there could be 500, it won't suddenly make everyone in Michigan main Meta Knight. If you're too busy looking at the big picture to derive some enjoyment from a little tournament (with likely one Meta Knight player total) then it is unfortunate.

I don't have fun playing Metaknight, but I'm not going to use an inferior character in tournament just to have fun. If I wanted a disadvantage I'd play with one hand.
What, so in friendlies you never busted out that Roy or Mewtwo for some awesomeness? Or, hell, picked Falcon, Jiggs, or something? You always had to go with your top tier, best of the best, because it doesn't just matter that you win, it matters by how much, as well? I'll give you a hint - if you're mindful about efficiency for 100% of the time playing Brawl, you're not going to actually have fun, whether Meta Knight is banned or not.

I don't plan on playing smash locally forever and would like to travel, but at this point in time I don't see the point. Sure, I'd win $100-$300 or so pretty much guaranteed if I played well and/or had a good doubles partner. So what? I don't need the money and my time can be better spent. It's not worth losing a weekend over, especially on a tournament the day after Halloween.
As far as I can tell you're pretty much rating your skill at national level already and feel you're above petty local tournaments that don't ban Meta Knight. You don't want to use Meta Knight but having fun is moot because it would involve using a less-than-MKtier character. You're not into getting any money out of this either, because whether you can easily get it with either Meta Knight or ROB, it doesn't even matter because you don't want to play at a "disadvantage." A disadvantage that, when playing favored at 90:10 in a player skill matchup, shouldn't even make a difference.

It all just looks like you're not coming because you decided to be extremely overzealous about trying to get people to ban Meta Knight.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Who cares how many Meta Knights are going to show up nationally when we're discussing a single local tournament? There could be 20, there could be 500, it won't suddenly make everyone in Michigan main Meta Knight. If you're too busy looking at the big picture to derive some enjoyment from a little tournament (with likely one Meta Knight player total) then it is unfortunate.
I don't enjoy playing as or against Metaknight. The only enjoyment I would have would come from the social aspect... and I can have fun elsewhere without driving 4 1/2 hours.

What, so in friendlies you never busted out that Roy or Mewtwo for some awesomeness? Or, hell, picked Falcon, Jiggs, or something? You always had to go with your top tier, best of the best, because it doesn't just matter that you win, it matters by how much, as well? I'll give you a hint - if you're mindful about efficiency for 100% of the time playing Brawl, you're not going to actually have fun, whether Meta Knight is banned or not.
I had fun in Melee and focused on efficiency. I'll still play with random characters now and then, but if I'm practicing for a tournament or in a tournament.... MK.

As far as I can tell you're pretty much rating your skill at national level already and feel you're above petty local tournaments that don't ban Meta Knight. You don't want to use Meta Knight but having fun is moot because it would involve using a less-than-MKtier character. You're not into getting any money out of this either, because whether you can easily get it with either Meta Knight or ROB, it doesn't even matter because you don't want to play at a "disadvantage." A disadvantage that, when playing favored at 90:10 in a player skill matchup, shouldn't even make a difference.
The principle of it does. I could sit and practice ROB all day, but when push comes to shove MK is better suited for tournament play. Yeah, if everyone played Snake ROB would do okay... but they don't. There's no point in not playing Metaknight except to try to get more enjoyment, but that's limiting myself... I can find enjoyment elsewhere.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well if you put it like that, it's completely fine if you're not coming to this tournament because you happen to have other plans. Sounds more like that than "they didn't ban Meta Knight so I'm not going."

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well if you put it like that, it's completely fine if you're not coming to this tournament because you happen to have other plans. Sounds more like that than "they didn't ban Meta Knight so I'm not going."
More like "they didn't ban Meta Knight so I made other plans", but sure, whatever.

Aw, I'm helping hold the event, and I haven't even remembered to check on this thread since the creation. Hm… Hello everyone.

For the record (and for the sake of keeping this from being a spam post), considering the recent outbreak of support (or criticism) of the new Wavedashing hack; the hack will not be used as of this time. Forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

Oh, and for the prizes… should we balance it out to support 3rd place a little more? …Not that it helps me in any way…

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Aw, I'm helping hold the event, and I haven't even remembered to check on this thread since the creation. Hm… Hello everyone.

For the record (and for the sake of keeping this from being a spam post), considering the recent outbreak of support (or criticism) of the new Wavedashing hack; the hack will not be used as of this time. Forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

Oh, and for the prizes… should we balance it out to support 3rd place a little more? …Not that it helps me in any way…

dude wavedashing hacks are never going to be tournament standard

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yep, still coming to this. I'm still glad that it's close to where I live, (don't like long drives). :p

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
RE- Upload of people coming

- Ori_bro
- Ham Enterprises
- Mr. Rogu
- WiiWouldLikeTwoPlay
- MasterSploder28 (aib)
- Okiyama
- Ding Ding (ride)
- Viper JLT4GOV
- JimboCav
- JustKindaBoredUKnow
- Brawl Bro
- SamuraiPanda
- Ankoku
- Yoshi101
- Lain
- RoboticSithDrone
- Hot_ArmS (ride)
- Thax
- The Mann (ride)
- 10 -12 locals
- TofuToph + friends
- Terf

Lookin good so far

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Not to shorten the list but It's Toph + Terf + 1 or 2 friends haha. So I guess that extends it actually...

Top Bottom