• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Adapt

Smash Lord
Peach is the only melee character I have a chance of taking a stock with :S

What other events would there be? Brawl low tiers? Brawl+? SSB64?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It isn't that we hate it, it's just not that entertaining, nor mainstream enough to warrant its own event. Most people don't even know what it is.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think Brawl+ is interesting in concept, I just don't care that much about it. Or Balanced Brawl for that matter.

I got my copy of Soul Silver yesterday, and had a FFXIII marathon with lots of ice cream. Good times, good times.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Kyle: Unfortunately, we're the only ones around that like Brawl+. Everyone else hates it. :(
I don't particularly like B+. I would certainly play it though if it was an event.

What about the rest of my suggestions?

Having a 2-day event for just Brawl and Melee seems like a waste unless we get double the number of players (or more)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't particularly like B+. I would certainly play it though if it was an event.

What about the rest of my suggestions?

Having a 2-day event for just Brawl and Melee seems like a waste unless we get double the number of players (or more)
Part of the problem with holding a one-day event is that people get REALLY burned out towards the end of the day. For this reason, and because it's a regional 2-day works better. This also makes it easier for the out-of-province people.

If we tried to cram everything into one day, we would probably finish around 11PM at night. They would either have to drive back during the night, or rent a hotel/motel to stay a night anyway, so why not make it easier on everyone and do 2 days? The only issue is the venue, which is being looked into.

Low tiers..... maybe. Will depend on attendance and speed. SSB64 is unlikely, it doesn't warrant a competitive event, far too archaic. A side, friendlies station, maybe.

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
^ Well aren't you special? I won't buy it but I'l download it and play

I have a friend with a hacked Wii so I would want to try it on his. What is GBD? I searched and ended up in this forum reading a thread about people bashing Brawl+ :/ It sounds like Brawl+ is new and will be changing very much. It wouldn't be a good idea to have an event for it now. Maybe everyone would be wise to not put much time into mastering it as it will just end up changing(and drastically im sure)

I'l just focus on Melee for now

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Part of the problem with holding a one-day event is that people get REALLY burned out towards the end of the day. For this reason, and because it's a regional 2-day works better. This also makes it easier for the out-of-province people.

If we tried to cram everything into one day, we would probably finish around 11PM at night. They would either have to drive back during the night, or rent a hotel/motel to stay a night anyway, so why not make it easier on everyone and do 2 days? The only issue is the venue, which is being looked into.

Low tiers..... maybe. Will depend on attendance and speed. SSB64 is unlikely, it doesn't warrant a competitive event, far too archaic. A side, friendlies station, maybe.
64 warrants a competitive event more than Low tiers lol. 64 is an entirely different game, takes a lot of skill to play, and has depth, whereas Brawl Low tiers is just an event to let Low tier mains have some satisfaction for getting their a$$ whooped in the main event.

All three games deserve some love at our big shin-dig :)

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
64 warrants a competitive event more than Low tiers lol. 64 is an entirely different game, takes a lot of skill to play, and has depth, whereas Brawl Low tiers is just an event to let Low tier mains have some satisfaction for getting their a$$ whooped in the main event.

All three games deserve some love at our big shin-dig :)

I don't get my *** handed to me. But yes i do agree, i think all 3 games deserve love.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I suppose the problem I have with it is that N64 controllers are typically unresponsive and it's quite hard to find ones in good condition these days. If we have enough people who have it on virtual console, that could work.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I don't get my *** handed to me. But yes i do agree, i think all 3 games deserve love.
Exceptions to everything :)

VC deal would probably have to be how it happens, unless people are fine with sharing between a select number of N64 controllers. The game is very good though, and deserves at least a side event, not to mention I've heard some players really enjoyed this game and could be very good at it. (Cam and Steven come to mind.)

Our group is always aiming for diversity, so might as well keep it fresh with a never-before tourny used Smash game in NS!

@Katie, we have no idea what we're planning yet xD. We still need to lay down to big stuff first, like date, venue, etc..

-is back from great trip to Newfyland)

Adapt

Smash Lord
Exceptions to everything :)

VC deal would probably have to be how it happens, unless people are fine with sharing between a select number of N64 controllers. The game is very good though, and deserves at least a side event, not to mention I've heard some players really enjoyed this game and could be very good at it. (Cam and Steven come to mind.)

Our group is always aiming for diversity, so might as well keep it fresh with a never-before tourny used Smash game in NS!

@Katie, we have no idea what we're planning yet xD. We still need to lay down to big stuff first, like date, venue, etc..

-is back from great trip to Newfyland)
I have 2 N64 Controllers, an N64, and a SSB64 game that I can provide for the event. I believe the controllers are in good condition, but I haven't used them in a while. I'll fire up the game later tonight to confirm that everything is in working order.

Also, I loved SSB64 way more than melee, and I used to be good (in my own mind)
I played Parker in a match at the last bi-weekly and didn't do too badly for my first time in roughly 10 years.

In short I fully support this event :)

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I have 2 N64 Controllers, an N64, and a SSB64 game that I can provide for the event. I believe the controllers are in good condition, but I haven't used them in a while. I'll fire up the game later tonight to confirm that everything is in working order.

Also, I loved SSB64 way more than melee, and I used to be good (in my own mind)
I played Parker in a match at the last bi-weekly and didn't do too badly for my first time in roughly 10 years.

In short I fully support this event :)
Same with me, I have two solid controllers, an N64 and SSB64 that I'm willing to donate if push comes to shove. If VC is more requested then it won't be necessary but it's nice to play on the original system. :)

I'm terrible at this game, I only use Pink Luigi just because half the time I don't know what I'm doing so I **** around. It's a treat to watch good 64 players, wonder if there's anyone in Nova Scotia who's secretly a genius at the game ;)

Even if it isn't a side event, I'll bring it for the ****s and giggles. I'm also planning on getting a capture card later on, so I can record matches for all three games!

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
so yea for the last few months now, my wii has been on the fritz. i can only get in two wifi matches before it stops reading the disc for a while. someone told me to give it a couple of days break, so when i went to Newfoundland for the past 4 days i did.

still doesnt work LOL.

if i can't go to the bi-weekly in early April to get jordan to clean it for me (<3) maintaining my smash career is pretty much over. especially since the 2 games i played yesterday i got roflraped in dubs by Parker and Nick. so in short;

<--- losing interest in smash

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
That sucks Colin, maybe four days wasn't enough. I've gone months without thinking about smash, then randomly got back into it hard.

Or maybe your just ready to transfer all your time to melee.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
I cant wait for melee doubles at the next tourney.

If Parker and Nick team in melee I will bet $20 on them to take it, but I'm sure no one is dumb enough to take that bet.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
me and cleatus played some melee last night, forced a few games out of the dead wii and

he's so fuhcking annoying with his rests xD

someone should pick up Jigs as a main for melee, you'd probably win -_-

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i hate posting on facebook now because everything is turned into a debate. thanks a lot jordan :psycho:

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
there's only like 6-7 people who actually discuss stuff now on the group, if even that LOL.

remember the summer time with the infinites debate? where we had posts every 5 minutes from like 20 various people? GOOD TIMES SMASH HALI!

Top Bottom