• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The group seems dead because it's only the same people who actually post and discuss stuff. The only reason I don't usually post on FB is because I'd rather reserve my opinions on most matters. If someone asks me for my opinion, I'll give it, but other than that, I'm pretty tight-lipped.

I don't like take part in drama.

However, I do agree that the Halophax thing needed to be discussed.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the "PHAX deal" that generated so much debate?

if cleatus doesn't enter Melee, i'd team with you and that's pretty much game there ;)
Yeah, I will also likely be teaming with a friend of mine, who plays Samus and isn't too bad considering he doesn't use advanced techs, but if he can't make and Cleatus doesn't play melee I'd team with you for sure.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
PHAX Gaming is this leage company thing that wants to pick us up as one of the games. We've had rough times with them in the past when they were HALOPhax since they just used us to make attendance rise, so the debate is just if we should give them another shot or not. I'm pro-PHAX.

LOL @ this being less of a debate than Parker's infinites, good **** buddy, you really stirred up a quarrel there. ;D

If anyone's bored @ 11 tonight, i'm hosting a wifi tournament. Get your game face on and come support me first tourny in yurrz.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9169

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Pretty much, Melee's only still breathing in Halifax because of the side tournaments are our main events X_x

Hopefully if the regional goes down, Melee will gain a respectful number again...should probably get back to trying to make that happen!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, has anyone made progress on a venue? When my Mother returns (She's on vacation), I plan on asking her if she can talk to some of the churches. She plays piano/organ at a lot of services for them, and has connections with most churches, so we might be able to arrange something there.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
WOOOOW IM DEAD LOL.

my wifi tourny was pretty fun, not a huge crowd but tons of Nova Scotians, sucks that we didnt do so hot :(

Nyke, Raz, Lamb, Justin and Over, thanks for coming out and repping it.

Maritime wifi tourny will happen sometime MWAHAHA

-dies-

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
considering we dominated the attendance of a whopping 12 people (i'm taking away the two guys who weren't there LMAO) yea, we didnt do so hot.

camden

Smash Apprentice
Concerning the regional tourney, it seems like a church or community centre will be our best bet. We need to pick a good location, though. No hidden temples, got it.

Also, I've got Smash Bros. 64 on VC, and yes, I am good at it. ^_^ So's Parker. If anything, have Brawl and Melee as main events, a 64 side tourney, and then have Guilty Gear, Brawl+, and maybe something else if possible.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Brawl and Melee will be main events no doubt. I'd love to see a 64 event, as again, it's a different game which means different people can shine.

On an important note, we better get some stuff confirmed relatively soon, so we can give out of province players time to plan.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Bring SSB64 to the next bi-weekly Cam. Tyler and I owned everyone in SSB64 last night at the casual gamers. I want to see how good I do now that I've played the game a bit.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
I played the crap out of smash 64 back in the day. I only ever played Link, and I'm pretty sure I was terrible. I'd love to play it again for the memories, although I would get destroyed, I haven't touched it since before melee came out.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I really enjoyed playing it again, despite the fact that I constantly tried to airdodge and spotdodge

lol

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
so yea, i can actually brawl a little bit now, but there's some pretty big limits to how much variety i can have with matches

-half the cast doesn't work, i can only get away with Marth, Falcon and Snake that i know of for sure
-only stages like SV, BF and YI work 100% of the time, otherwise my wii just stops randomly
-items need to gtfo
-Falco destroys everything my wii stands for LMAO

if anyone wants Marth, Falcon or Snake training on any of those 3 stages, hit me up -_-

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Successfully nabbed the last copy of Ace Attorney Investigations at an EB in New Minas today. Win achieved. I would like to thank the New Minas Hickz for this.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
My big issue is with N64 controllers. It's hard to find ones in good condition, and I'd consider them unreliable at best. If Gamecube or classic controller works for VC, I'd much rather go with that.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, and another thing to thank the Hickz for. At that same EB I found a COLLECTOR'S EDITION Tales of Vesperia for $29.99. It's worth $300 minimum. :D Saving that ****, it'll be worth even more later.

Top Bottom