• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Hey, I just came up with an idea

I think that after our tournament in April, we should take a break for a couple of months and raise money to host a huge event during the summer. A tournament with Brawl Singles and Dubz, Melee singles and dubz and maybe even other games too. We could try and raise money for more prizes and get some "out of state" people to come

It'd be crazy fun, and Nova Scotia would get a little more love in the Smash Community.

DrizztWar

Smash Rookie
That would be cool, I say we try for the middle to end of Aug. (because me and Kmag and CJack will be gone during the first few months of summer). but i like the idea Zhao. :p

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey there, looking into getting into the Tournament scene in NS, I know probably 6 or 7 people who would join up... wondering when you guys are planning on a tourney? Is there a simple way I can get this information?

Got about 7 of us in the Bedford area that'd join up.

I play Marth/Toon Link

Others are

ZSS/ROB
Olimar/Fox
GW/Diddy
Snake/Ganon
Pit/Falco
Wolf/Zelda

Anyway, the bunch of us are interested, so contact me and I'd love to help set something up.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
We could try bringing more topics for discussion over here. Maybe not the large ones, but we could try doing something! XD

It's been like, 4-5 years since this thread started and we have 650 posts :/

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
zhao, you really need to get facebook if you want to participate in an engaging discussion. it's not exactly filled with hot topics but there is plenty of discussion regarding gameplay/tournament aspects that wouldn't get any recognition in this thread.

i don't get why you're against the idea of it, but just so you know their are privacy options if that is your main beef.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
as far as organizing tourneys is concerned facebook is great in that i can mass message everyone in the group which would presumably be people interested in going to these events. in addition it will send an email to notify you of that message.
it's also a lot easier for me to have private discussions with justin, tyler, paul, steve regarding aspects of putting together the event that you folks don't necessarily hear about (there is a lot of work delegated behind the scenes, it's a lot more time consuming than you would think).
if i were to advertise here it would only be picked up on when people checked this page which is probably growing more infrequent do to the lack of discussion and number of brawlers in nova scotia.

i honestly think it's silly for me to post updates here for 1 person.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Whenever there's a tourney I always post the important info in this discussion.

I dislike facebook, but I keep an account for a couple reasons, and one of them is keeping track of what's going on in the NS smash community

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
True...although we should put more effort out to All is Brawl. There's a group of Maritimers who don't know anything about what's going on. We should try giving them some info. I know of one great Samus player from Newfoundland. :)

KMAG

Smash Rookie
There is talk about pairing good people with not so good people in the start of the tournies. What do people think about that?

DrizztWar

Smash Rookie
I think its kinda dumb, because the new people will be stomped and discouraged to come back (thats my main reason, have others 2 buy 2 lazy to type them out) :p

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Hey you guys. Do any of you guys attend Acadia University? I'll be going there in the Fall so yeah, I would love to play some smashers from Nova Scotia. Oh and I'm talking about melee. ^^

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey you guys. Do any of you guys attend Acadia University? I'll be going there in the Fall so yeah, I would love to play some smashers from Nova Scotia. Oh and I'm talking about melee. ^^
I'll be headed there in the fall as well Miggz, but I'm a Brawler moreso. :p

Adapt

Smash Lord
The most likely date is march 28th (which is a saturday)

There might be a 2$ melee side tournament.

DrizztWar

Smash Rookie
the 28th soudns good to me. Also :p

4339-2165-9681 - JTF

ya iv decided to go online a bit to try it out, no promises though O.o so if you want to play just pm me with ur code and i will add you. : D

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
A Melee side tourney would be amazing.

Also, I'll play anyone from NS online, but send me your friend code and a message before we play ^_^

KMAG

Smash Rookie
nick isnt going to the comp anymore. he is done with smash until he comes back from the military. the mini compatition that went on today was his last. top three were

1: KMAG
2:JTF
3:MAL

the rest of the placings will be up soon :p hahaha

DrizztWar

Smash Rookie
nick isnt going to the comp anymore. he is done with smash until he comes back from the military. the mini compatition that went on today was his last. top three were

1: KMAG
2:JTF
3:MAL

the rest of the placings will be up soon :p hahaha
Not quite, i will see you at the comp and we will rock

KMAG

Smash Rookie
... Haha u can say I did. Now I feel worthy again ... To bad it wasn't a halismash comp though but hey. I'll take what I can get:p

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
lol, i wouldn't exactly call it a huge victory, the people playing smash were there to play street fighter. smash wasn't advertised so obviously it was a scrub fest.

Top Bottom