• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Pey

Smash Apprentice
does anybody have the vids from the last real melee tournament, because i would like to upload them onto youtube.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
wait... who are you, anyways? i thought u were nick/lamb
as for paul just go to the FB group.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I figured you would like to have that one uploaded. I thought the last kill was awesome when I found it on my wii.

Taunt Spike ftw!

Pey

Smash Apprentice
i need pauls contact so i ask him about the vids. i'm zach, i played in some melee tournaments and had good times. if anybody knows pauls email or will give it to me please do so now.

i'll get the vids up pretty quick i think.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
maybe for some friendlies or something but luigi is too much of a goof for me, heh.
lamb has a decent luigi but he still gets wrecked by my DDD :)

zach- i passed along your query to paul. he knows to find you here, you know to find him on FB.

Copie

Smash Rookie
What's up Nova Scotians. I'm home from university in Newfoundland for the summer, and subsequently picked up Brawl to start trying to play competitively. I'm a complete and utter noob right now, however, perhaps I'll be able to get in on some tournaments by the end of the summer. Any advice on things to read / watch to learn the important stuff, so that I can move on to some advanced techniques? Tips on how to improve my game? I play Pit mostly. Love the flight options.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
are you saying you're in nfl now or you went to university there and now you're back home? i'm assuming the latter... if you're in halifax just meet up with some peeps on every other weekend or so for a little smashfest. playing other people is usually the best way to get better. you will learn lots of useful things and you might get taught a thing or two.
as for how to meet people you should just go to our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2544130341
introduce yourself and such and you'll be good.

camden

Smash Apprentice
I heard you guys had a lot of fun. I was caught up in Dramafest, so I couldn't attend. Don't worry though, I'm coming to the next one!

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
HAH! i just read the last, oh i dunno, 25 or so pages of this thread. from back when i last posted over a year ago. its just funny to see how it all turned out. its all good though. i know most people stick to facebook but kudos to you guys for keeping it alive. its mostly banter between a few ppl but at least your keeping it bumped for new people to see. for those of you who dont know, i'm the one that started this beast.

i've been in Ottawa since July so i've been out of the scene, but i'l be moving back this summer and im really looking forward to getting back into it. i havnt been to any of the brawl tourneys, it was just melee back then. i remember the first time people from this thread got together >.< a handful of us in some dudes apartment. we were gonna charge money, but for some reason we didnt...and whoever was controlling the matchups messed up hard. double elimination and i was out after 1 loss. kind of a waste of time, i did end up playing again, but the whole thing was a good experience. it was really the first time i ever played against someone at my level. it'l be awesome to go to one now and see all the new faces and talent. zhao...i'm looking at you

hey, does anybody else main or even use Lucario?? i havn't seen his name pop up once. i main Lucario and is the only char i'l be using in the tourney. man..im so pumped for that

il be driving back to NS in about a month or so, if everything works out. i'm looking to stop into Halifax on my way through, so maybe some of us can have some games. and maybe i could crash at someone's place for the night >.> i'l have driven like 15 hours! haha dont worry, i'l be good to Brawl :D i'l be posting on here and facebook once and a while, hopefully some people will be free at that time. i'l need all the practice i can get. havnt played brawl/melee in about a year now. its like riding a bike tho, you never really forget how.

does anybody puff? :o-~ ~ (just curious)

ZHAO - im hoping to have lots of online games with you in the future. i guess your the guy to beat. i gotta face this 'King Luigi' i keep hearing about

i have some vids(melee) somewhere, if anyone is curious how good i am. i'l find em and post on youtube. i have the next two days off work so i'l have some free time. gonna start getting in that headspace now so i'm ready for when i get back.

i look forward to some hardcore matches with you guys this summer!!

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
we'll get something going on. it might have to be in this dood's apartment and i'm totally gonna F up the bracket but i'll smoke you up so you won't care.

i don't think i've seen anyone use lucario around here seriously, but people keep switching their mains at every tourney i've been to. JTF used his lucario against me and won that particular match. i don't know if he still uses him or is still good with him.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
The thread maker himself XD

I'll be sure to show up to that smashfest when you're there. I don't tend to go to any usually, but I'll bring a little moneyz in case anyone wants to MM in Brawl or Melee.

As for competitive Lucarios, I think we have 2, maybe 3 if you count JTF. WhIte uses him, or he did against me and I think fullhollow used him in dubz, at least.

Also, hit me up anytime for wifi, I'm always down.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Hm...I don't think I am ready to participate in Brawl Tournaments yet...right now I'm really just looking for someone in the area that I could Brawl with, without that Wi-Fi lag, for a...training partner, if you will.

Practicing against CPUs can only improve one's skill so much, I need to have someone near where I live to be able to go to to train with and further improve my skill and get tournament ready for the future.

I live in some out of the way place named Whale Cove, and the road sucks when it rains here, because it is all gravel and dirt... >_>

Anyways, anyone live near that area that is willing to have some Brawls with me? As for my accomplishments...hm...I've beaten two Level 9 CPUs teamed up against me as Charizard (my main), and have cleared Classic on Intense as Lucario (my 2nd main) with two lives remaining.

My third and fourth mains are Fox and Wolf, respectively.

Edit: Oh, btw, I'd rather come to the person's place, because, no offense, but none too excited about inviting, so to speak, a complete stranger I met over the Internet to me and the rest of the family's home, but if all else fails, I suppose I might consider it...I'm just nervous about this whole thing though, but I've got to improve, and I need a human to train with to do that beyond what I already have, CPUs really lack intellegence, you know. :p

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Whale Cove. Isn't that way down in Digby? That's quite a ways away from the competition. In fact, I think I'm the closest to you, being in windsor, or just outside of it.

Edit: if you want to drive all the way up here some weekend, I wouldn't mind the practice, but it's like a 2 hour drive isn't it?

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Something like that I guess, maybe a bit more...Whale Cove is way down Digby Neck, it is about a 35-40 minute drive from Digby, which is a pain, but that's how it is, this is my mother's mom's house, when she died we moved into the house, and she'll have nothing to do with moving to another place, ever. >.>

But to be honest, I've lived most of my life in Ontario, 12/13 years, and would like to get back there, but the whole family was forced to move to Nova Scotia...so I've been here for over 5 years now, going on 6 years...

Anyways, I guess there's no one closer though huh? Hm, I see your main is Ice Climbers, that'd be different, I can never do well with them, having to rely so much on a computer controlled character to deal much damage, and to be able to recover well, I find very hard to work with. <.<

Just curious, do you have any secondary mains? As you know, I have 3 secondaries. :p I guess there's never any tournament in Digby, is there? >_> Because if there was, that'd be pretty much perfect. =P

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I'd recommend that if you're gonna play with someone, you might as well hit up one of the few tournaments we have and get the most of the offline experience. Smashfests and all in Halifax in terms of competitive players getting together, and a long drive might not be worth it for one night.

But if you can manage to get a drive to this weekend's tournament, it would be well worth the money. You'll learn more in that one day then you could learn from months of wifi, or years of CPUs.

:D

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
My mother hates driving around in Halifax, and it is too far, it is about a 3 and a half to 4 hour drive...I'd love to go, but the cost in gas to go there and back is just too much...if there was just someone nearby that is going to it that I could go with...that's the only possibility.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Nick? Is that who Syko_Lemming is? If he'd come that far out of his way to pick me up to take me there, that'd be great, it'd be a great experience, I'd be able to really see how I match up against other Brawlers in terms of skill.

Can't really say that about my Wi-Fi Brawls, sometime I'd be lucky to be 3 seconds through a match in a real life minute because it lags so bad online sometimes. >.>'

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Alderney Landing? Not familiar with the place...where is it in particular roughly? I wonder if it is very far away, going to and from Halifax from where I live would take 7-8 hours...3 1/2 hours to 4 hours each way, that's pretty far...

Top Bottom