• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Adapt

Smash Lord
The tourney was awesome, here's the top 8. Full results and brackets to follow when Mal posts them.

Return to Castle FALCON PUNCH 2009 - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Entrants: 29
Entry fee: $10

1. Zhao (LUIGI)
2. Mal (DEDEDE, NESS)
3. JTF (WOLF, FALCO)
4. EPIC. (TOON LINK)
5. K (ZEROSUIT SAMUS) (aka Adapt)
5. Pea (KIRBY, OLIMAR)
7. Max (PIKACHU, ZELDA)
7. Justin Wiles (DONKEY KONG)

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
***Return to Castle FALCON PUNCH 2009! was a huge success. I'd like to thank everyone for coming and give a huge thanks to all those who helped put this together. This tourney really demonstrated to me how strong a community we are because of the amount of people that helped out whether it was by bringing equipment or helping out with discussion regarding the event. Congratulations to ZHAO for winning the singles event and to Justin and Ryan (aka I'm Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Trying to FALCON PUNCH You) for winning the doubles event.

RESULTS:

SINGLES:
1: ZHAO
2: MAL
3: JTF
4: Epic.
5: Pea
5: K
7: Wiles
7: MAX
9: Kpesh
9: Ryan
9: KMAG
9: Kid A
13: Lamb
13: Chaos
13: Selah
13: Castr
17: CAM
17: SVEN
17: Leo
17: adam
17: Parker
17: Poon
17: Joker
17: Jesse
25: Kirby
25: Joey
25: Tony
25: Luke
25: Necro
25: TuRDL
25: Raimu

DOUBLES:
1: I'm Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Trying to FALCON PUNCH You. (Wiles and Ryan)
2: The Freaks (Epic. and CASTR)
3: Judgment Night (MAL and Kid A)
4: New Minas Hicks (Zhao and Cletus)
5: Those Guys that Beat Us (Lamb and Jesse)
5: Kpesh and Myth (Kpesh and Myth)
7: NO! There is an elephant in the way! (JTF and KMAG)
7: Team Awesome (Ben and Nathan)
9: The Devil's Machine (SVEN and Selah)

***NOTICE - the Halophax team has asked us if we would like to use their space saturday the 31st free of charge to host another tourney. i know its short notice but if anyone is interested please let us know. post your name/tag/location on the wall.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
we had 2 people join right after the announcements yesterday. i posted the bracket in the photos section on the group page, but its small and hard to make out.

Adapt

Smash Lord
can you upload the bracket to tinypic or imageshack? I am trying to figure out who are in some of the replays on my wii.

I got several of Sam vs an unknown ness, and also vs an unknown mario. I can prolly figure them out from the bracket and the timestamp

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
***TOURNEY NOTICE

ADMISSION: Free!
DATE: Jan 31st Saturdurday
TIME: Doors open at 10 for Halo, but smash is TBA
PLACE: Alderney Landing Theatre

notes: this is not an official tourney because we're basically an add on to a halo tournament. halophax had extra space so we'll be setting up 4-6 stations for a singles and doubles event provided there is enough interest. sounds like a cheap way to have a fun saturday. i'm also told they will be giving away free Amp energy drinks all day and that we may get some cheap crap like free t-shirts to give away as prizes.

Halophax/Super Smash Bros. Halifax EVENT:
Registered
1. MAL - Malcolm Baillie - Halifax
2. Lamb - Nick Best - West Hants
3. JTF - Nick Blake - Dartmouth
4. KMAG - Kailin Glasgow - Dartmouth

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I may or may not be in, depending on what my friend Paul is doing. I'll go to it if he's doing Halo, but otherwise, I might have to go to fencing :(

KMAG

Smash Rookie
OMG I SUCKED BIG TIME LAST TOURNAMENT. i HAVE TO DO BETTER (to prove im not a scrub. hahahahjust waiting for the comments. ) I BLAME THE LAG. :p

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
who were you playing as?
and i think im going to pick up metaknight for zhao's luigi. i as seriously embarrassed by that defeat.

DrizztWar

Smash Rookie
Gj to all at the touney... #7 KMAG... moving up in the world again. : ) congrats to ZHAO for pulling off another 1. O.o

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
Halophax/SMASH results:

SINGLES
1: ZHAO
2: MAL
3: JTF
4: Lamb
5: Epic.
5: SVEN
7: KMAG
7: Kid A
9: Gnome
9: CORY
9: Wiles
9: Piro
13: CRML
13: White
13: Castr
13: LAZY
17: Magniris
17: Dino
17: FUEF
17: Selah
17: John
17: Raimu
17: Tom
17: Daryl
25: Rob Muise
25: MANIMAL!
25: AMG
25: Mnose

DOUBLES
1: Havana Boys (Zhao and Lamb)
2: The Freaks (Epic. and CASTR)
3: NO! There is an elephant in the way! (JTF and KMAG)
4: Judgment Night (MAL and Kid A)
5: Grab Your Banana (Justin and Chad)
5: Team Rocket (White and Nogs)
7: Baby Boners (Dino & Magniris)
7: Bottom Tier Buccaneers (SVEN and Daryl)
9: No Seeds (OCTO & Piro)
13: Epic Fail! (Selah and CRML)

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
is everyone that posts here also on facebook now... except zhao?
you really gotta get hooked up with it, participate in debates on rule changes and the like.

DrizztWar

Smash Rookie
KMAG sucks way more (as you can see from the rankings O.o) but ya Tourney on Mon night at Dal Sub building, another frag for cancer thing, every1 should go :p

DrizztWar

Smash Rookie
after this 1 im taking a break... (i always say ill take a break until a week before the next comp...) unfortunately, there have been 3 comps all within a week of each other... unless the one after this is a real comp, i think i may take a break from the next one also.

DrizztWar

Smash Rookie
I won, it was a good tourney, ur the only one i haven't beaten yet... ill get aroudn to you next time Zhao :p

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Suuuuure, lol.

Better make sure Wolf is top notch. Falcos and MKs are too easy now! XD

You could always pick up GnW, or Luigi. Two worst matchups. Dittos suck, and that **** turtle that GnW has rips through shields T_T

Top Bottom