• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Cand1ejack

Smash Rookie
The above poster is known as JTF. He is an awful smash player. I spent two years trying to make him worthy of calling himself competitive, but alas, he is not born with the talent.

DrizztWar

Smash Rookie
The above poster is known as JTF. He is an awful smash player. I spent two years trying to make him worthy of calling himself competitive, but alas, he is not born with the talent.
This "flamer" above is a complete n00b, as you can see he has not been in a tournament to see what kind of player he is, without a tournament win you are not even worth my time.

- JTF

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
A pre-christmas tourney would be bomb, but it'd be hard to organize quickly. If you guys could do it though, I would do my best to get people to join ^_^

Also, add me online guys! I'd love to play some people I missed at the tourney

KMAG

Smash Rookie
more people, better moneys. and u owe me a match zhao :p

If i can get teh reasourses, i'll plan a christman/new years tourney

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
tournament scheduled saturday january 24th at the Alderney Landing Theater on the Dartmouth Waterfront
games:
smash bros. brawl
halo 3
nhl 09

i'll post updates on the facebook group as they come

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Were the Melee tournament videos from back in March ever uploaded? I can find videos from all the other tournaments, but that one is oddly missing.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
paul has the tapes i believe. he thought he could upload them but was never able to. i could ask him to lend them to steve because steve is the only one i know that is able to do it.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
paul has the tapes i believe. he thought he could upload them but was never able to. i could ask him to lend them to steve because steve is the only one i know that is able to do it.
If they can be uploaded, I'd really appreciate it. I'm starting to get back into Melee, now (though I'm not tired of Brawl either), and I'm trying to dig up my old matches. I can't really remember what the matches in that tournament were like, though I vaguely recall a Jigglypuff Ditto in the finals.

KMAG

Smash Rookie
the one on the 24th? yeah. same. we need to play friendlys sometime. not this weekend but like next

Adapt

Smash Lord
I can't remember the details, but someone should post more info here as well as the facebook group

KMAG

Smash Rookie
DrizztWar u dont main as marth, u suck with marth. well maybe u think your good. but your standard is low

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
tourney announcement posted on facebook.
*sigh* why does smashboards still exist? all you fools should join our facebook group already :p

DrizztWar

Smash Rookie
because that would be to easy mal, and also KMAG dose not main the the jigs either O.o, and he sucks.... :p

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
lol, kmag, remember those two zelda matches that went the full 8 minutes? din's fire made my eyes melt. :laugh:

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
My marth is gonna make a comeback at the next tournament. He was gross last time.

Also gonna make a debut with Falco, Snake and Ness

KMAG

Smash Rookie
wow JTF,ur smash skills are as good as your comeback....sucks. maybe i should go over ant teach you a few things

MAL. AHH I HATE DINS FIRE.

Zhao......snake eh.....

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
My Snake is decent, but even the worst snake players can contend. Same with Meta Knight really.

Falco's a little different, on the grounds that he can't KO very easily. Chaingrab only works to 50%, and he can't kill well except for his spike, which is situational. It takes a lot more work and mindgames to take the full stock off.

As for Ness, you play around with PK Thunder and go for the sweetspot :p

KMAG

Smash Rookie
well i cant even try snake. i just all out suck. falco....u might have a point, but i havent really seen a REALLY AWSOME falco.

ness, .........pk thunder.....maybe hahahahhaa Mal is a good ness though

are u still top with wigi

KMAG

Smash Rookie
well i cant even try snake. i just all out suck. falco....u might have a point, but i havent really seen a REALLY AWSOME falco.

ness, .........pk thunder.....maybe hahahahhaa Mal is a good ness though

are u still top with wigi

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
MAL has a sick Ness. we both have very different styles, so its interesting when we ditto

Wigi is still my main man. always has been and always will be :)

Adapt

Smash Lord
**TOURNAMENT NOTICE*** This tourney will be collaborated with members of HALOphax. Smash Bros. Halifax will be responsible for anything related to the smash tourney including registration.
If you wish to participate In the Halo 3 tourney or the NHL 09' tourney we will try to accomodate for this. As of right now I have no idea how this will be done. Smash Bros. Halifax will have a meeting with HALOphax to discuss the specifics.
In the meantime feel free to start registering, book time from work, and reveiw the rules.

Tourney Name: TBA
Date: January 24th, 2009 (saturday)
Location: Alderney Landing Theatre on the Dartmouth Waterfront
Directions: http://maps.google.ca/ search "Alderney Landing Theatre Halifax, NS"
Time: 10am-10pm
Registraion: TBA
First Round: TBA

1 VS 1 TOURNAMENT RULES

*$10 entry fee

*Prize Money depends on number of particapants and venue fee:
*1st Place: 70% of Prize.
*2nd Place: 20% of Prize.
*3rd Place: 10% of Prize.

*Double elimination bracket

*If you're coming with friends, please let the organizer know if you want to be in seperate brackets and we will distribute the players accordingly.

* Best 2 out of 3 matches.
* Best 3 out of 5 in Semi-Finals.
* Best 3 out of 5 in Finals.

*When a set is over both players must announce to the organizer they have won/lost immediately.

*All tvs are for tournament games only. Friendlies will be considered if time constraints allow.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match*
2. Each player may announce one stage to strike (ban) for the entire set
3. The first game is random stage from the list of legal stages (minus any striked stage)
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List (no striked stage can be picked)
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

GAMEPLAY SPECIFIC RULES

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stage Lists

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter

Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Banned

Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Stolen from facebook.

Everyone should register on the Facebook group. :)

Top Bottom