• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
i suppose there's a version difference or there's an additional complexity that's not addressed

either way it didn't happen in US-NTSC 1.02

when we tested there were multiple diamonds, but they didn't contort differently like that.

also it's not related to the doraki instant walljump

also also it's not very clear what the individual panels are in the picture, they are all falco DJing from the ledge on the same frame but he doesn't say what the conditions for any of them are

Bones0

Smash Legend
i suppose there's a version difference or there's an additional complexity that's not addressed

either way it didn't happen in US-NTSC 1.02

when we tested there were multiple diamonds, but they didn't contort differently like that.

also it's not related to the doraki instant walljump

also also it's not very clear what the individual panels are in the picture, they are all falco DJing from the ledge on the same frame but he doesn't say what the conditions for any of them are
I really hope it's not a version difference. That's kind of a big deal if ledgedashes are going to be off based on which version you're playing. That doesn't seem very likely though. The only universal game physic I know of that was changed from version to version was SDIing <1% moves. Everything else I know about is just character-specific stuff.

Top left panel is Falco ledge dropping and DJing after grabbing the ledge with up/side-B. Top right is Falco doing it after grabbing the ledge with a DJ.
Bottom left panel is Captain Falcon ledge dropping and DJing after grabbing the ledge with an up-B. Bottom right is Captain Falcon doing it after grabbing the ledge with a DJ.

I believe I accidentally told you the opposite for Falcon. I said it was faster after DJing onto the ledge, but his is faster when he up-Bs (unlike Fox/Falco). Also, I don't think we ever looked at the diamonds after DJing. We just looked at the diamonds as the character was hanging and then after he let go. I think the whole thing may be related to how characters' hurt/collision boxes change when in the DJ animation. Like I'm sure you know it's a lot easier to WL onto a plat really smoothly out of a DJ where your character is spinning as opposed to just a FH where they remain upright in the air.

[collapse=Convenience]
[/collapse]

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
im here in Nova. I dont know can i come play some friendlies? I'm hella rusty. Haven't played in like two years...
Redd's my boy I used to train with him, doll, and ck. MISS YOU GUYS!!

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
I will likely be there on Saturday (for real this time). I want to play CSP and Smash 64.
I'm trying to bring a friend on saturday who wants to start playing melee possibly, but his main interest is in 64 at the moment. You wanna teach him (and maybe me a little bit? I'd teach him but I'm garbage at 64, more garbage than I am at melee lolol)?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Mahone isn't here anymore I'm pretty sure. =(

Me and KP have been playing a lot. I'll try and be there Saturday, coming to NoVA tomorrow. All fox. Let's do it.

rhan

Smash Hero
I have some motivation to show up Saturday.
Gonna try to convince some other people to tag along.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Snaps, SoVA.

I should be hosting on Friday bar any unusual happenings. If you guys from SoVA can make it up, I'd be willing to house you guys the night before or after the tournament.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm trying to bring a friend on saturday who wants to start playing melee possibly, but his main interest is in 64 at the moment. You wanna teach him (and maybe me a little bit? I'd teach him but I'm garbage at 64, more garbage than I am at melee lolol)?
Yeah, I'll teach him. I'm willing to personally train anybody in this game. I really want to grow the scene here since Tristate has a HUGE SSB 64 scene but MD/VA only has like 5 players that I know of. Are you guys bringing a 64 setup?

rhan

Smash Hero
Snaps, SoVA.

I should be hosting on Friday bar any unusual happenings. If you guys from SoVA can make it up, I'd be willing to house you guys the night before or after the tournament.
Coolbeans. Letting everyone know.

Niiggas being lazy n shyyt.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I might come. I'm living in NoVa for the next 4 months, so I'll be around. This Saturday, I may need to be present for family things, but my aunt and uncle will be having so many people over, it may be beneficial to free up one of the beds Saturday night.

Inkling.

Smash Rookie
I have never used these forums before. I go to GMU, all my melee friends go to other parts of VA, and I want to keep playing during the year instead of getting hella rusty as they keep improving. Is this the kind of thing I can just show up to and play? I'm bad (never got out of pools) but I don't want to be that guy who never got out of pools all the time.

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
I have never used these forums before. I go to GMU, all my melee friends go to other parts of VA, and I want to keep playing during the year instead of getting hella rusty as they keep improving. Is this the kind of thing I can just show up to and play? I'm bad (never got out of pools) but I don't want to be that guy who never got out of pools all the time.
who are you my name is george mason university

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Yep, everyone is welcome to come and join in!

Also, for those that don't know, I'm hosting today/tonight, so feel free to come whenever.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
All right, I'm pretty sure I can come after lunch. Sypher is that housing offer still open?

edit: woah, sniped.
I'll take that as a yes

Inkling.

Smash Rookie
who are you my name is george mason university
Aaron. I'm a cs junior at george mason. Living off campus but sypher's is like 10 miles away so np. I'll be there a little after noon tomorrow

hot$

Smash Ace
results? or did like no one show up again

edit: max are you gonna host another in april? ill most likely be able to come to that if ya do

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I am planning on hosting in April, I'll announce it soon.

Cactuar Stamina Pancake Singles Tournament:
1: Nintendude
2: SypherPhoenix
3: ChaosKnight
4: bubbaking
5: Emma Watson's Boyfriend
6: Wenbobular
7: Flamingo

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcj67DfbdaQqgrEk6-xKrhC4P2dBSW8AR

[collapse="Ruleset"]Cactuar Stamina Pancake Rules

Cactuar:
- All stages are legal except Icicle Mountain, Brinstar Depths, and Hyrule Temple
- Both players get two bans
- Matches are best of 7

Stamina:
- Stamina Mode

Pancake:
- Players select a random character
- Each player gets one "flip" per game
- A flip is either rerandoming your own character, or forcing the opponent to rerandom, or you can pass
- Loser picks stage
- Winner flips first
[/collapse]

We did BO5 with no bans and all random stages for maximum jank.

hot$

Smash Ace
^cooool. hey is it possible to post the results from last months bi weekly? i'm pretty sure it was never posted fully. (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong here)

Top Bottom