• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Bones0

Smash Legend
It'll be way better once we get some decent looking skins, search function up and running, home page set up with events, streams, news, etc.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah, I mean I think they are adding pretty much everything back in. It's just going to take a while. You can still sort of multiquote. It's just a pain to scroll back up after you click "reply". Even if it never gets changed, I think it's a good tradeoff since you no longer have to load a new page when you just want to quote one person.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Yeah, i'm not a huge fan either. its just so different than before
You mean once it finally becomes everything the old SWF was. :smirk: Truth be told, though, I actually do like the new design but I am SO peeved by the loss of a lot of really convenient features, like the multi-quotes that would allow me to create my walls of text. :smash:
Yeah, I mean I think they are adding pretty much everything back in. It's just going to take a while. You can still sort of multiquote. It's just a pain to scroll back up after you click "reply". Even if it never gets changed, I think it's a good tradeoff since you no longer have to load a new page when you just want to quote one person.
i dont like it

im scared

change is scary
you can multiquote by hitting reply on each post

I just really want my defiler avatar back
RIP defiler
if it was a forum preset, you should post in the xenforo topic that bionic links to in his post

Mahone

Smash Champion
hey sypher, are u going to that xanadu tourney this weekend?

i was wondering if you could house me and kp and 1 other guy on friday so we don't have to leave saturday morning...

even if u can't, if ur having a fest this friday i would try to find housing to come up and play

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Nah it has Melee again because m2k and PP are coming and then there's at least 2 carpools that I'm aware of that are going to Winter Brawl right afterwards (singles is on sunday).

Bones0

Smash Legend
Hey Max, are Mahone and co. spending the night tomorrow? If there's room for one more person in your basement, I may come and spend the night, and then I can just drive to Xanadu from there.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I am driving to Xanadu (2 hours total) either way, so I figure I might as well also drive down to Sypher's to double my Melee for just 2 more hours of driving. It's 2 days of Melee for 4 hours of driving, so that's twice as efficient as usual when I attend Sypher's tournaments (which are 1 day of Melee for 4 hours of driving).

It sounded like a great opportunity before you made me explain how much better it was than my usual trips...

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
hey sypher, are u going to that xanadu tourney this weekend?

i was wondering if you could house me and kp and 1 other guy on friday so we don't have to leave saturday morning...

even if u can't, if ur having a fest this friday i would try to find housing to come up and play
If there's room for one more person in your basement, I may come and spend the night, and then I can just drive to Xanadu from there.
Yep, you guys can stay the night of and after if you want. I believe bubbaking is staying as well, so it'd probably be smart of all of you to bring pillows, blankets, sleeping bags or something that can guarantee decent rest.

omg i'm going to be so tired tonight

AGLET

Smash Cadet
so does that mean there is a fest today or are you guys just staying for xanadu?

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm mostly just tired because I got 3 hours of sleep last night. I was gonna come if it was an all day thing, but if it's just going to be a few hours before I go to sleep then it won't really be worth it (plus I want to get a good sleep before the tournament). If Sypher decides to host a fest on Sunday and you guys decide to stay through Sunday night then I'd come down for that most likely.

hot$

Smash Ace
I flaked for work

edit: originally was gonna flake for a date, but i was flaked on for that. GIRL JOHNS ALWAYS

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
stop dating people and start dating videogames

Is it normal to want to quit after every tournament?
I went through a period where I wanted to quit after every tournament...the unforutunate truth about double elim brackets and self-assessment is that you're almost always going to get knocked out by someone that you think you should beat. It was beneficial for me to stop entering tournaments for a while (though still attending) and trying to enjoy the community and players more.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I think there's a decent chance I'll come this time. We should try running a $1 Cactuar Stamina Pancake tournament. Apparently it's the best thing to happen in Melee since the Ganon Challenge.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Cactuar Stamina Pancake Rules

Cactuar
- All stages are legal except Icicle Mountain, Brinstar Depths, and Hyrule Temple
- Both players get two bans
- Matches are best of 7

Stamina
- Stamina Mode

Pancake
- Players select a random character
- Each player gets one "flip" per game
- A flip is either repicking your own character, or forcing the opponent to repick, or you can pass

- Loser picks stage
- Winner flips first

Top Bottom