• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Sypher, where are the Mario Party vids? Did you upload them yet? :p

i had fun. xanadu was a good
I want to agree, but I entered P:M and Melee (don't know about you) and both were started at pretty much the exact same time, which really ruined my tourney experience. Once I was done with both though, I enjoyed the friendlies.

Let's do. I also want to try running the characters before stages pick order for the main tournament to see how it works.
Chars before stage picks but AFTER stage bans, right?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Sypher, where are the Mario Party vids? Did you upload them yet? :p

I want to agree, but I entered P:M and Melee (don't know about you) and both were started at pretty much the exact same time, which really ruined my tourney experience. Once I was done with both though, I enjoyed the friendlies.

Chars before stage picks but AFTER stage bans, right?
No, the whole point of switching the order (or at least the biggest reason) is to allow the winning player to make his ban an informed decision. As it stands now, if the opponent is going to switch characters then the winning player is effectively wasting his ban (unless his weakest stage happens to be the same for both matchups). The system is a relic from the days when a lot of people would have secondaries because so many stages on the list were very polarizing. Making the winning player pick both his ban AND his character before his opponent chooses either would be an absolute disaster. It should be:

1. Winner selects character
2. Loser selects character
3. Winner bans stage
4. Loser counterpicks from the remaining stages

Also, DJ and I are coming. ^_^

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Ah, I've heard of that order myself and have even advocated for it in P:M's rulesets. I'd like to see how that plays out at this tournament. Time to finally bring out my trashy Sheik?!? :smash:

Edit: Sypher, are we allowed to come ANY earlier to prepare for the tourney (read: play friendlies to oil out the 'weekly rust')?

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
GMU eSports Event 3/1 Melee Singles Tournament Results Thread Post Topic **Official**

1st- SPID :sheikmelee: $124
2nd- RYAN :luigimelee: $76
3rd- MAX :jigglypuff: $0.20
3rd- ERIC :ganondorf: $0.22
-other people-

It was later discovered that Spid and Ryan split, and that means that they cheated or something. They have been banned from entering GMU ever again.

FirewaterDM

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I was at the GMU eSports event last night, and I heard people talking about the closest CUE bus route to the venue, does anyone know which stop/line that's actually on if you're leaving from GMU campus?

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
Was he one of the guys at the GMU thing? I remember one of them said (at the GMU thing) that they were almost certainly going to come over the next day

edit: did he play luigi?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
tutututututututututututututututututututututututututututututututututututututututututututututututututututu

FirewaterDM

Smash Apprentice
Was he one of the guys at the GMU thing? I remember one of them said (at the GMU thing) that they were almost certainly going to come over the next day

edit: did he play luigi?
yeah, that was me- was a good experience playing.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Hey, Max, this is what I was trying to tell you about in regards to faster ledgedashing. Idk why we couldn't see it on your Cube... Maybe it's a version difference? I think we were just looking at the wrong diamond thing. I don't remember seeing two different ones when we were testing.

Top Bottom