• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Dr.Faust

Smash Cadet
I"m not on campus yet, I'm a freshman and I start camp Wednesday and that's a week so I'm down to play when ever I'm free though. I prefer to play Guilty Gear but until that comes out I'll probably just play smash.

This is looking to be my last tournament of the Summer. Who wants to take my money?

$1 money matches

Best of 5, neutral stages only, no character changes during set

Boss :falconmelee: :marthmelee:
Korn :falconmelee:
Sypher :foxmelee: :falconmelee: :falcomelee:
Bones :falcomelee: :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
DJ :marthmelee:
Wenbo :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
Alcohol :sheikmelee:
Big Wenz :falcomelee:
Mahone :marthmelee: :mariomelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
Nintendude :icsmelee:

Anyone else? I prefer fighting against Fox, Falco, and Falcon. Play me anytime a tournament's not happening​

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Push it forward a week plz?
It's also worth mentioning that there's a Brawl tournament in Ellicott City the same day. I'm not much of a Brawl player, but there might be some people who play both games and it seems silly to have conflicting tournaments in a region that barely has any to begin with.

edit: and also then the ppl who actually are going to FC could go to this too.
CTL is right, the main reason the tournament is on this date is because so many of us aren't going to FC. The other big reason has to do with school starting up again soon, and there are a few people that will have a harder time making it to tournaments during the school year.

There are a ton of players in MDVA, it's really just the lack of consistent hosting that's hurting us, and that's something I can't provide right now. Me being the only host is absolutely terrible for this community.

Also, the Brawl/Melee crossover for this region is very small. Currently I think it's only Boss and Korn.

Yo I'm new VA player. Whats up with the smash scene here. As you can see I go to VSU.
There's a smash scene in Richmond, which is much closer than my place. Try to get in contact with thesage or milkman, I think they've posted in this topic recently. They should be able to get you started.

also i can bring like 4 cubes or something, and two chairs
This would be excellent, thanks. Anyone want to bring a table? >_>

Vist

Smash Champion
I'm gonna try to see if we can get more melee tournaments at Xanadu in the near future.

Also, everyone should come there tomorrow for festage. It starts around 6 PM but the venue opens at 3 if you want to come before rush hour.

During Thanks Giving, Winter, and Spring break I can host free tournaments at the library. Only good days to do it are Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. I couldn't do it this Summer because of my internship. Would anyone be busy Monday/Tuesday before Thanks Giving?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm gonna try to see if we can get more melee tournaments at Xanadu in the near future.

Also, everyone should come there tomorrow for festage. It starts around 6 PM but the venue opens at 3 if you want to come before rush hour.
We should also look into the venue that they are using for the Brawl tournament next week. It's some comic book store I think.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i might get back into hosting tournaments - at least for our region. if thats cool. we will see.

me and boss got teams on lock and singles is done, ive gone back to all sheik and re-found my motivation.

gg

Mahone

Smash Champion
naw me and scrap are gonna **** teams...

assuming he goes

if i got there at 3 could i play? and if i can would anyone be there?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
$5 best of 5 vs my Falco
I'm salty
Although it also depends on how I'm feeling that day <_< I'll be running a 10k before this MASSIVE PRE JOHNS!!!!!

Top Bottom