• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
hey, im one of the two friends Alch0ol mentioned- i think we're all pretty much clear to go to the july 24th tourney- we're lookin forward to gettin our ***** wupped
hopefully not TOO badly haha

bring me so i can take money from both of you?

also, **** it, i'm having another tournament on the 31st.
Ok, I can carpool you there. Just pay for your share of gas$ (it costs about $30 in gas to there and back). The drive is about 1.5-2 hours with normal traffic, so I'll be leaving at 10:30.

I'm having a tournament on August 2. At best 2 guys from Alabama, 1 from New York, and one from Pennsylvania will be there.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I'm not actually interested in going; I'm having a smashfest tomorrow. I'm also not too keen on driving 2 hours to Inconvinient, MD then getting kicked out at 8. It's too far away for me, anyways. I can barely make it to CP.

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I can carpool you there. Just pay for your share of gas$ (it costs about $30 in gas to there and back). The drive is about 1.5-2 hours with normal traffic, so I'll be leaving at 10:30.
Actually, it's around 90 miles from Sypher's to Graphix. Assuming you don't drive an SUV or a pickup, your car probably gets around 20-25 MPG, making it a $20 round trip. Just sayin'.

Maybe I'll take up your offer to go to Graphix some day, assuming I wouldn't be the only other one splitting the $20 gas.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah, you guys should definitely get a big carpool for the next one. Also, even though we have to leave at 8 (the owner actually let us go over last time) I am often hosting smashfests at my house right after so there's no reason not to come at least once. :D

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Actually, it's around 90 miles from Sypher's to Graphix. Assuming you don't drive an SUV or a pickup, your car probably gets around 20-25 MPG, making it a $20 round trip. Just sayin'.

Maybe I'll take up your offer to go to Graphix some day, assuming I wouldn't be the only other one splitting the $20 gas.
got em with that logic !

We all want to see him there, and I'll make sure we end up on opposite sides of the bracket.

Depending on how much money we can raise, we'll bring Shiz and possibly his brothers to APEX2010 in New Jersey.

The tournament is soon, probably 4 weeks from now, and buying a plane ticket would be damaging to their financial situation.

SO! Since I know how to do naaaaaaasteee deals on Kayak.com and how to find good tickets, I will take the job of collecting DONATIONS from Smashers of both Melee and Brawl at WATO11.

Shiz, SpeedN, and SmashMac w/ photographer Amber @ NOOB1

I will be writing and documenting the names of each person who donates, and exactly how much they gave. If for any reason there is not enough money to get Shiz to the tournament, I will quickly give back all donations that were initially given.

I start the fund today, by putting $10 of my own into the fund. Tickets are around $230 round for each person, so we need to make sure everyone puts in at least a few bucks, maybe $5.

If you choose to make a larger donation, I WILL (at some point) grab the microphone at Apex2010, and announce ALL of the names of the people who donated, from least to most.
If you choose to stay anonymous, that is completely understood.

I WANT SHIZ to go as much as anyone, so this fund should at least make some help to the cause.

Come to WATO10 to Donate @ Next Level Lan July 17th and 18th!

Or you can just contact me @ 407-488-0510

let's do this.

I know this guy will.

The infamous YummynBeefy
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279753

If anyone wants to see DaShizWiz at Apex, you will/may need to see this thread.

Vist

Smash Champion
You do remember I'm a Zelda player and only play Peach in teams, do you?
I wasn't specifically talking about you, but no I don't remember b/c the only time we've played in tournament you went peach on me lol. I'd just rather play the stages that are standard for most tournaments nowadays. It's not too big of a deal b/c not that many people actually cp those stages cept for like Redd picking corneria lmao. Doll took me to mute city when I played him but I'm not sure if he did that to anyone else..

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
But keeping Floats around? Japes? I don't even remember a time when Japes was legal haha

I'll make sure to time people out as much as possible on Floats ~_~

Anyways....might be there? Need TVs and setups?

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
But keeping Floats around? Japes? I don't even remember a time when Japes was legal haha

I'll make sure to time people out as much as possible on Floats ~_~

Anyways....might be there? Need TVs and setups?
I think he's already decided to ban Floats and Japes (...finally). :laugh:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
No idea how I'd feel about Corneria and Mute City actually ... doubt I'd like Mute City as Falcon though 'cept maybe vs space animals ~_~

Top Bottom