• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
grand finals was an amazing set. Me vs chu and me vs vist were also really close and good. i can imagine azen vs chu was good, and i heard chillin vs redd was good

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
i got a bunch of singles recorded I think.. But yes it was, I was gonna say you were pretty dressed up. what was the occasion?
I went to a progressive dinner, with a dance party afterward. Yeah, I broke it down. :cool:

@ Chival, naw i used fox in some friendlies but was using falco in tourney. pretty much all of TR got was retardedly drunk at this tourney though. ****ing savedge -_-
Ah. Okay. I definitely did feel like you weren't in top form this tournament, just from the few friendlies I had with you. I wanted to try your Fox!

Next time, at least give me some Peach/Falcon/Sheik practice pleez!

someone come practice with me or some shiz... I need to practice more often and everyone I play against these days don't go to tournaments :(
I'll try and play you some of these days.

Chillin/Chu are monsters =D Reminds me of the good old days. Except MD/VA sucks less.

My falco is probably retired loooooll I think I'm just gonna play fox like all the cool kids. =/

What I love even more than the game are the people. This was hype.
Aw ... I like fighting Falco. :smash:

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Ah. Okay. I definitely did feel like you weren't in top form this tournament, just from the few friendlies I had with you. I wanted to try your Fox!

Next time, at least give me some Peach/Falcon/Sheik practice pleez!

:
Yea we just came to have a good time and ****. Also trying to help bring Cory to more tournaments and get him some practice/exposure.

chillindude829

Smash Master
yea grand finals was really good, and its been a while since chu beat me, but my competitive side is still wondering why i didnt win

good sh*t chu, its good that ur actually practicing melee again, if me u and azen all get good again then its done for everywhere else

redd dont give up on falco entirely, no reason to drop a char totally esp one as good as falco. your fox/marth are definitely your two best though and im pretty sure fox would give u the best chance against almost any player

greg wtf 4th after mass hiatus LOL. castle asap

mahone good ****, you definitely got better, and yea i did kinda ask cyrain for help/coaching in the rematch, hope you dont mind lol. i havent sat down and practiced fox vs jiggs in literally at least 5 years and cyrains a ****ing beast at the matchup

azen ur getting mad good too bad syphers bracket screwed u over LOL

richmond ur all sexy but i wanna see u guys go all out soon

also apologies to milkman and wenbo who i screwed over by losing to mahone early, course mahone might have beat them as well but sorry guys i did kinda **** up losers

edit: @greg me vs redd wasnt as close as some of those other matches but it was still a good set. me vs azen was really close till the last match, and the end of the 2nd match of me vs azen was insanely intense, i dont think we recorded that though

CTL17

Smash Lord
From the attendees, it seems like it would be difficult to choose the 5th to 8th seeds, and someone from the top 12 is pretty much guaranteed to be kicked down to losers pretty early, except I can't seem to imagine how Chillin and Mahone played that early. Overall, the top 12 seems correct, just in the wrong order, and Seb's anomaly. Also, Bones.

chillindude829

Smash Master
also props to chu for advancing his game without going the chaingrabbing route to do it. hes pioneered the char since day 1 and instead of just homofying his game hes actually advancing it through better fighting techniques, its impressive, good **** chu

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
also props to chu for advancing his game without going the chaingrabbing route to do it. hes pioneered the char since day 1 and instead of just homofying his game hes actually advancing it through better fighting techniques, its impressive, good **** chu
Yeah, but he really should learn some of that crazy **** Wobbles and Fly do. He'd be unstoppable.

Chu with handoff tricks? Its done. Its a wrap. The Melee community would never be the same.

chillindude829

Smash Master
i dunno man, it seems like theres a reason chu hardly ever chaingrabs anymore, and i think it has to do with the flow/momentum of his game. chaingrabbing interrupts it and forces him to slowly accumulate damage instead of reading the opponents defensive options and punishing with something a lot more devastating like he normally does

BigWenz

Smash Ace
i dunno man, it seems like theres a reason chu hardly ever chaingrabs anymore, and i think it has to do with the flow/momentum of his game. chaingrabbing interrupts it and forces him to slowly accumulate damage instead of reading the opponents defensive options and punishing with something a lot more devastating like he normally does
maybe but it wouldn hurt to have it. I mean if he gets a grab near the edge, why try and do something and then have to edgeguard and possibly not get the kill when u can do the handoff and get a guranteed kill?

that being said, the other icies mains dont have **** on Chu's sopo game, **** is so clutch.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I felt like it was harder to play against Chu than the other IC players I've played because you can't just go into games with the mindset "okay, just don't get grabbed." I kept getting randomly destroyed by stuff because I kept expecting grabs where I feel like most IC players would have, but he didn't. Then the one time he does grab I am completely disoriented because I had just stopped expecting him to grab. lol

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I mean, whats more devastating than a zero-to-death chaingrab?

The way he plays now it feels like he has to make 30 reads a match rather than just 4 like Wobbles and Fly do. Hes hella good so he makes it work but when you see Wobbles get 5th at APEX and Fly get 5th at DGDTJ (beating Lucky and Hbox) though Chu seems to have superior neutral game/mindgames (at least he does to me), you gotta wonder how much better he would be if he could just use some of their tricks.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
@ Chillin, I'll be going all out from now on. With Falco. At least for a while. If it doesn't work out then I'll be back to Fox with a brand new style. Either way, yeeee. Also, Chu's gameplay outside of chaingrabs/gimmicks is by far better than every other ICs. It's like not even close. Chu is still one of the scariest players in the community as far as I'm concerned.

And good **** to G-reg for randomly showing up and getting 4th. Yeeeeeeeee.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Thanks Chillin... I just feel like I need to put falco on the back burner for a bit. If I start practicing Fox dittos again, **** will be crazy. I'll give you a better set next time.

Chu is just ****ing good. Even though he grabbed me like 2-3 times the entire set, he doesn't even need it. I'm beyond impressed. I mean he was/has been a top player forever, but still.

SavEDGE is beast.

Mahone

Smash Champion
mahone good ****, you definitely got better, and yea i did kinda ask cyrain for help/coaching in the rematch, hope you dont mind lol. i havent sat down and practiced fox vs jiggs in literally at least 5 years and cyrains a ****ing beast at the matchup
Eh, in a way it was nice, cuz it was like playing cyrain, and since cyrain was drunk/sandbagging the whole time, it was the only chance i got to play his style of fox lol....

I'm still gonna tell Justin i ***** you though, you're gonna have to beat me without him before i stop talking **** :)

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Savedge is silly. xD I had been talking him up, but he got wasted and then got ***** bahahahaha. Oh well. All the top players in the region know how secretly **** he is =P

@ Mahone, my drunk melee is pretty good mangz. We shoulda played. Next time, though, we'll have that MM for realz and I won't sandbag at all.

Also...Coaching someone vs. jiggs is way more fun than actually playing the matchup lol

Mahone

Smash Champion
Savedge is silly. xD I had been talking him up, but he got wasted and then got ***** bahahahaha. Oh well. All the top players in the region know how secretly **** he is =P

@ Mahone, my drunk melee is pretty good mangz. We shoulda played. Next time, though, we'll have that MM for realz and I won't sandbag at all.

Also...Coaching someone vs. jiggs is way more fun than actually playing the matchup lol
GAHEIAHGIJH... **** you, why would i want to mm you, if it wasn't for you i would have got my rematch vs greg and redd.... ur dead to me man.

Also, i'd just like to say that the hardest fox i had to play was CK.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
SO I really don't work much at all this week... anyone wanna smash sometime this week around Severn, MD? (:

Cyrain

Smash Ace
***** please. He might have won without my help. But fine then. I'm just going to spread my secret ways to everyone >_<

Besides, if you play me I can teach you jankz about the matchup =D

chillindude829

Smash Master
yea to be fair mahone your first set vs me did include a sd at 0 by me at the very beginning of the brinstar match, had a pretty big influence on the match i'd say. i was still pretty likely to beat you without cyrains coaching

Mahone

Smash Champion
***** please. He might have won without my help. But fine then. I'm just going to spread my secret ways to everyone >_<

Besides, if you play me I can teach you jankz about the matchup =D
I just thought it was sort of lame....

yea to be fair mahone your first set vs me did include a sd at 0 by me at the very beginning of the brinstar match, had a pretty big influence on the match i'd say. i was still pretty likely to beat you without cyrains coaching
I 2 stocked you that match at low-mid percent....

Whatever man, you could just be honest and say that you needed cyrain's help to beat me, and that you will beat me legit next time.... or you could continue lying to yourself, you're call.

chillindude829

Smash Master
LMAO why are u such a **** on the boards

or, u could stop trying to convince urself that u deserved to beat me and that the only reason u stood a chance in the first one was me not banning brinstar. ur call

Mahone

Smash Champion
lol, isn't part of the skill of the game knowing which stages to ban?

Also, if i remember correctly i won game 1 on a neutral so idk...

chillindude829

Smash Master
yea but then i banned the correct stage in the losers set basically guaranteeing me victory

anyway enough of ur BS, if u really want to talk sh*t on the boards then dont let me knock u out of the tournament and clearly demonstrate im a better player next time (cuz thats what happened)

Mahone

Smash Champion
lol, if you didn't have cyrain's coaching you would of lost on dreamland in our first set, you played completely differently....

Don't worry man, coaching or no coaching i got you next time :)

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Hopefully no one was thinking I was serious about that... LOL That would be SO awkward to see.

Actually, this mom might be a legit coach:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsae_u2oUiw
Haha kinda figured you were kidding XD That would be pretty weird though lol "Hey mom! I'm getting nervous about this next match and I'm not sure how I'll do!" Mom: "It's okay honey, remember your tactics for facing *insert character here* and play plenty of mindgames. Good luck honey, I love you! WOMBO COMBO!" Wut?

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Damn, chillin and mahone going at it. Sounds like a MM opportunity. I hope it didn't really bother you that much. I don't really see the issue with someone coaching, though Sypher did mention a tournament rule against it. I don't know if that's true and if it is, then my bad.

Top Bottom