• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing Special Mafia: Game Over! Who won?!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I suppose, technically, Summoner is the more obvious play. However, given there is only about 27 hours left and I think Starshy has clocked out, I'd say Macman to ensure we don't go no lynch by accident. Besides, they are effectively the same, since if one is scum the other is.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
It is exactly as you say imo - it's either Summoner/Mac or Cello/Starshy with possibilities of some kind of deception taking place in between that would cause it to be any other combination, which is always very likely - especially considering the scum team simply aren't resisting in the slightest and really, it's the nature of the game.

If anything, I'm leaning Summoner/Mac right now based on well, doing, absolutely jack ****... along with various other reasons - so if they do turn up town then I guess it's a message to stop lurking in the future, and if you guys turn up scum, then a good job done.

Mac you ought to say something but you've been promising posts all day. Cello - why has scum given up between them?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
There are two ways to look at it.

1) They think that we're dooming ourselves.

Kataefi said:
No doubts now scum is between Summoner/Cello/Starshy imo.
Starshy said:
plus if theres anyone instilling suspicion on everyone its you. your options have been open quite a few times.
Starshy said:
cello what the **** this is like the second time youve ended a day early
Starshy said:
this game is so dumb. kat acts scummy and admits to it then cello blatantly does scummy actions but im spose to believe that mac is last scum. real amusing though
Starshy said:
cello why are you town again?...i can easily see it being dishonest
Cello said:
I don't care if you think I'm town anymore, Starshy. You're going to die toNight.
Starshy said:
know that at this rate well be voting you closer to deadline then
Kataefi said:
Cello...it doesn't account for the possibility that you might be summoner's partner instead.
Kataefi: Hey staaaaarshy where is your vote headed?
Starshy: probz cello.
Starshy said:
well unlike you summoner actually had a good reason for his hammer
2) They've actually just given up. Because it doesn't make any sense for any sort of deception to occur. Given the choice of a) winning and; b) fooling a player and possibly winning, what scum (or really, any) player would choose to continue the game?

Because of that, we know that the scum team is either me and Starshy, or it is Macman and Summoner. And #476 sums up why Summoner is scum pretty well.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Mac you've been promising posts all day! There's nothing - it's like a pivotal moment here and you're doing absolutely jack **** =( I even went and read other games to look into this situation and you seemed much more active. Something if off.

Also Cello your first point doesn't apply - anyone can read the circumstances today and find out the game's done a 180 - you're not 'dooming' yourselves. So the point is they really have just given up, which is so off to me for some reason - not even any scrambling.

Summoner is most scum imo. Let's go him - Starshy you've said it, I see it, Cello sees it, he's effectively feigned naivety and the claim, looking back, is just a little too perfect to to me actually - either way he should have at least defended himself if he's town. Also I reread and the only thing I was thinking in my mind is just how scummy summoner was despite me thinking he was clued in the game - must have been the pretty posts to be perfectly honest. Also I agree with the points that Starshy raised in #514/15 about Sum, so I will surprised if he doesn't pop up scum.

vote: summoner

Do it and we'll see where it takes us or speak up Starshy if you have a problem because I know Cello doesn't and Mac is (and has totally been) off the game's radar since forever. Gogogo!

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
dude no

this just makes me worried that youre going to overthink things and blow it d5

look through summoners posting history. hes posted since cello/us voted macman and put him at -1. if macman was town summoner wouldve voted him and won. he didnt. its mac/summoner and it makes no difference as to which we go first. stop slowing the game

votes not moving

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
as for why macman/summoner havent posted: summoner cuz hes outed and doesnt want to expose his partner like i said. hes just given up and cellos post explains why hes laid low as well. also i think hes genuinely pissed off and doesnt want to even post anymore

macman cuz hes v/la. he hasnt posted much content in other games during the time he stopped posting here

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah I' m glad you spoke up - I must have overlooked that btw. Fine let's do it.

unvote

vote: Macman

I'll give my disclaimer at the end if it all goes wrong lol

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Also the site just crashed on me after that hammer!... a sign of bad things to come? Gotta admit I'm sorta having second thoughts.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 4 Ends & Night 4 Begins!

Day 4 Vote Count 4:
Cello_Marl: SummonerAU (:skull:)
Kataefi: (0)
Macman: §tarshy, Cello_Marl, Kataefi (:skull: :skull: :skull:)
§tarshy: (0)
SummonerAU: (0)
Not Voting: Macman (:skull:)

The group argue for days, going back and forth against one another. Eventually, a plan of action is taken.

Macman, Michael of Russia, Mafia Vanilla Cop has been beheaded!

The tyranny must end!

It is now Night 4. Please send all Night Actions to me by March 25, 2010 11:59AM EST.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Night 4 Ends & Day 5 Begins!

The town gathers and realizes that someone died in the night. Nothing special, but they should probably take care of the scum soon.

Cello_Marl, 1874 United Kingdom General Election, Vanilla Townie has been canceled!

Who to vote for now?!

Deadline has been set for March 31, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 2/3 to lynch!

Day 5 Vote Count 0:
§tarshy: (0)
SummonerAU: (0)
Not Voting: Kataefi, §tarshy, SummonerAU (:skull: :skull: :skull:)

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for March 31, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 2/3 to lynch!

Day 5 Vote Count 1:
§tarshy: SummonerAU (:skull:)
SummonerAU: §tarshy (:skull:)
Not Voting: Kataefi (:skull:)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Of course! Cello being town... Mac mafia cop... lots of suspicious play from Sum now that I reread (and no defence???)... I can only come to the same conclusion - vote: Summoner

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 5 Ends & Game Over!

Day 5 Vote Count 1:
§tarshy: SummonerAU (:skull:)
SummonerAU: §tarshy, Kataefi (:skull: :skull:)
Not Voting: (0)

The group argue for days, going back and forth against one another. Eventually, a plan of action is taken.

SummonerAU, Manú River, Mafia Doctor has been drained!

Feeling a little waterlogged?!

§tarshy, Rogernomics, Vanilla Townie has been put into effect!

The new law of the land!

Kataefi
, Atenism: Amarna heresy, Town Redirector is now being practiced!

Where is your God now?

Town has survived in endgame! All town-aligned players win!

---

N1: Mafia murders Marc.
Kataefi switches to Cello_Marl.
SummonerAU protects SummonerAU.
Macman investigates Xonar.
Marc copies SummonerAU.

N2: Mafia murders None.
Kataefi switches to SummonerAU.
SummonerAU protects
§tarshy.
Macman investigates Mayling.
N3: Mafia murders Kataefi.
Macman investigates Cello_Marl.
N4: Mafia murders Cello_Marl.

Role PMs:
[collapse=Example]

Hello, welcome to Nothing Special Mafia. You are Sally Ride. Born in Los Angeles, California, you were the first American woman to enter space in 1983. Both a physicist and NASA astronaut, you earned your master's degree and Ph.D. at Stanford University. In 1987 you left NASA to pursue a career at the Stanford University Center for International Security and Arms Control and retired in 1997. However now you must join forces with the rest of the town and put an end to the mafia!

¤You may freely quote anything above this line.¤

Role: Vanilla Townie
Abilities: Your only abilities are your mind and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition:
You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[collapse=Cello_Marl]

Hello, welcome to Nothing Special Mafia. You are the 1874 United Kingdom General Election. The first general election to use secret ballots following the 1872 Secret Ballot Act, you were a major upset election. Your popular vote was won by the Liberals, lead by William Gladstone. However, your winner was the conservatives lead by Benjamin Disraeli due to the large number of uncontested seats. However now you must join forces with the rest of the town and put an end to the mafia!

Abilities: Your only abilities are your mind and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition:

[collapse=Mayling]

Hello, welcome to Nothing Special Mafia. You are the Me'il; Robe of the Ephod. One of the sacred robes of ancient Jewish Priest, Kohen Gadol, you appear in Exodus: 28:31-35. You are a sleeveless, techelet robe, woven in a single piece with alternating small golden bells, tassles, and scarlet wool along your lower hem. When worn you helped to atone on the part of the Children of Isreal for the sin of Iashon hara. However now you must join forces with the rest of the town and put an end to the mafia!

Win Condition:

[collapse=Moriarty]

Hello, welcome to Nothing Special Mafia. You are the Maastricht Treaty. Signed on February 2nd, 1992 in the Netherlands, you lead to the creation of the European Union. You entered into force in 1993 during the Delors Commission. You are widely known for your creation of the Euro currency and the current pillar structure of the European Union. However now you must join forces with the rest of the town and put an end to the mafia!

Win Condition:

[collapse=§tarshy]

Hello, welcome to Nothing Special Mafia. You are Rogernomics. Following New Zealand Finance Minister Roger Douglas' appointment to office in 1984, you were the economic policies put forth during his administration. Created by analogy with American Reaganomics, your policies included control of inflation via monetarism, privatizing public assets, and cutting agricultural subsidies. However now you must join forces with the rest of the town and put an end to the mafia!

Win Condition:

[collapse=Xonar]

Hello, welcome to Nothing Special Mafia. You are Wayside School. A fictional building from the mind of Louis Sachar, you were the setting for a series of children's books. Due to a terrible engineering mis-communication, you stand thirty levels tall with one classroom on each floor. Originally you were meant to have thirty classrooms on one floor. Another engineering flaw is your absence of a nineteenth floor. However now you must join forces with the rest of the town and put an end to the mafia!

Win Condition:

[collapse=Kataefi]

Hello, welcome to Nothing Special Mafia. You are Atenism: Amarna heresy. Established in the fourteenth century BC, you were Egypt's state religion for approximately twenty years. You are one of the earliest recorded monotheistic religions, associated with eighteenth dynasty Pharaoh Akhenaten. Sadly, the Pharaohs associated with your religion were erased from ancient Egyptian records after the Egyptians returned to religions with traditional gods. However now you must join forces with the rest of the town and put an end to the mafia!

Role: Town Redirector
Abilities: Each night you may send me the command "Switch: NAME". All lethal and non-lethal actions that target you will be changed to target that player. You may target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Switch: No Target".
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[collapse=Marc]

Hello, welcome to Nothing Special Mafia. You are First Love by Hikaru Utada. Released on March 10th, 1999 in Japan, you were Hikaru Utada's debut album. Selling over two million copies in your debut week, you topped the Japanese Oricon album for six weeks. You are currently the best selling album in Japanese music history, with approximately eight million records sold. However now you must join forces with the rest of the town and put an end to the mafia!

Role: Town Absorber
Abilities: Each night you may send me the command "Copy: NAME". If that player is using an ability that night, you will gain that ability (exactly as it is worded in their role PM) as a one-shot ability available to be used only during the following night. You may not target the same player on consecutive nights. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Copy: No Target".
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[collapse=Macman]

Hello, welcome to Nothing Special Mafia. You are Michael of Russia. Born in the great city of Moscow, you were the son of Xenia, the great nun. Your reign over Russia from 1613 to 1645 marked the end of the Time of Troubles. You were also the first Russian Tsar of the house of Romanov, and your son, Alexis of Russia, later went on to become your successor. However now you must join forces with the rest of the town and put an end to the mafia!

However, upon closer inspection, you found that there is no mafia in this town! However, being the good sport you are, you've teamed up with SummonerAU, the Manú River, Mafia Doctor.

Role: Mafia Vanilla Cop
Factional Abilities: You may communicate with your partner at all times in this QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/pGUr74ZREDwTV. Each night the mafia may send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted by the mafia for a lethal action.
Abilities: Each night you may send me the command "Investigate: NAME". You will be told if that player's role PM contains VanillaOR Not Vanilla. Your sanity is guaranteed, however please note that the words Goon & Vanilla will yield a Vanilla result. You may target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Investigate: No Target".
Win Condition:
You win once your faction has an undeniable majority rule over the town or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]

[collapse=SummonerAU]

Hello, welcome to Nothing Special Mafia. You are the Manú River. Flowing through Peru, you span for two-hundred and twenty one miles. You flow down from the eastern slopes of the Andes Mountains, through the Manú National Park, and into the Amazon Basin where you serve as a tributary to the Madre de Dios River. Along your path, you pass perhaps the world's most bio-diverse area and home of the Machiguenga tribe. However now you must join forces with the rest of the town and put an end to the mafia!

However, upon closer inspection, you found that there is no mafia in this town! However, being the good sport you are, you've teamed up with Macman, Michael of Russia, Mafia Vanilla Cop.

Role: Mafia Doctor
Factional Abilities: You may communicate with your partner at all times in this QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/pGUr74ZREDwTV. Each night the mafia may send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted by the mafia for a lethal action.
Abilities: Each night you may send me the command "Protect: NAME". Lethal actions targeting this player will fail, however you will not be notified whether this was successful or not. You may target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Protect: No Target".
Win Condition: You win once your faction has an undeniable majority rule over the town or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I am still...

suspicious of Starshy!

=p

Well done to all, fun game! N3 was interesting.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Oh yeah and also!... I kinda thought in my mind that summoner and mac being scum would be too 'easy' because they're not saying or doing anything in their defence... which made me question you a bit starshy. It's why I was so reluctant to follow what you were saying until you pointed some stuff out! GJ with that!

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
would u just vote him wtf
hehehe

(6:06:31 PM) Yedispaghetti:
it wud be really cool if someone just hammered
(6:06:47 PM) summonerau@gmail.com:
lol
(6:06:52 PM) summonerau@gmail.com:
Where's that Cello magic
hehehe

summonerau@gmail.com (2:26:22 AM): there's 3 people on dgames right now
Yedispaghetti (2:26:25 AM): i think yu did good
summonerau@gmail.com (2:26:26 AM): all are invisible
summonerau@gmail.com (2:26:30 AM): I think?
Yedispaghetti (2:26:37 AM): one is me
Yedispaghetti (2:26:52 AM): is one you?
hehehe

...wait! that third person was me!

yay! good job town!! my very first win!

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
[collapse=Set-Up]Roles:
x5 Vanilla Townie
x1 Town Redirector
x1 Town Absorber
x1 Mafia Vanilla Cop
x1 Mafia Doctor

Vanilla Townies are in this game because they are bread and butter for the town.
Town Redirector serves as the town's protective role. It can never die unless it chooses to redirect or direct to itself. It cannot be absorbed, protected, or investigated unless it redirects to itself. It also has the ability to kill a mafia member with their own factional kill. This is traditionally a scum role; in larger games where it acts as both cop-immune and vigilante/serial killer-immune.
Town Absorber serves as the town's investigative role. With the possibility of gaining an investigation, protection, or switch (only if the redirector targeted itself), the Absorber could mistakenly clear a scum role. If a scum chose to claim Vanilla Townie in endgame, the absorber could call out the player for lying.
Mafia Vanilla Cop helps the mafia immensely in narrowing down who the power roles are in this small set-up. Although there is potential for manipulation thanks to the Redirector.
Mafia Doctor helps prevent the Redirector from causing too large of an upswing if the Redirector were to direct the mafia's kill back to the mafia. The mafia would hopefully realize that it is best to only allow one of their roles be exposed. As one flipping scum would incriminate the other.

Overall, the set-up is very complex despite less than half of the players having Power Roles and a majority of players being Vanilla Townies.

The game is also balanced using these same four roles and only changing alignments, or the addition of Vanillas/Goons.

[collapse=Alternate Set-Up Examples]
x5 Vanilla Townie
x1 Town Vanilla Cop
x1 Town Redirector
x1 Mafia Absorber
x1 Mafia Doctor

x5 Vanilla Townie
x1 Town Absorber
x1 Town Vanilla Cop
x1 Mafia Goon
x1 Mafia Redirector

x4 Vanilla Townie
x1 Town Vanilla Cop
x1 Town Absorber
x1 Town Redirector
x1 Mafia Mafia Goon
x1 Mafia Doctor

x6 Vanilla Townie
x1 Town Doctor
x1 Mafia Vanilla Cop
x1 Mafia Goon

Etc...[/collapse][/collapse]

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
[11:51] summonerau@gmail.com: Would anyone left in the game suggested a No lynch?
[11:51] summonerau@gmail.com: What do you think?
[11:51] Yedispaghetti: marshy
pffft i love lynching in mylo

i hated looking at this thread after the moriarty lynch and just wanted to lynch everyone on his wagon. town went downhill after that. so much scum in this game

steel hydra with me again

nice coaching mac

yay for fluke victory

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
we'll get em next time summoner

sucks tht i got really busy near the end there, i wanted to atleast put up a fight

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
(3:41:00 PM) Yedispaghetti:
cello aint ****
;_;

It was fun reading the mafia quicktopic. But yeah, Town's win was highway robbery.

GG, thanks to Xiivi for hosting!

Also, I don't think your play to too terribly horrible Summoner.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It sucks I died right away, I was on to Summoner at least. I could say negative stuff about the hydra system and certain players, but I'll be lighthearted for once and say: Yay, I didn't think Town would win. :)

Top Bottom