• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing Special Mafia: Game Over! Who won?!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Alright, I admit it. I has partners. It's Kataefi, Marc, Mayling, Moriarty, §tarshy, and Xonar.

Starshy said:
kataes def telling the truth about his role but im trying to think of a reason it necessitates him being town.
Well, let's look at it. What purpose would it have on the mafia team? Town doesn't have any power roles that can affect them negatively, since I'm vanilla and you haven't claimed yet so I think you are too. Also, if Kat isn't town, then the mafia should have already won, unless it's Summoner/Kat and you are BP or Macman is doctor, and in both cases you were targeted twice. We know he isn't doctor because he would have CC'd by now. So, unless you are BP, then you can be sure Kat is town.
Summoner said:
So, I saw I could hammer Mayling to at least eliminate one of the two.
This is just wrong. Summoner's major suspicion has been squarely on me the whole game. I didn't mind it, I didn't care it was there (because I was so sure of Xonar being scum, I didn't think it would matter). So, how can be possibly justify hammering May by saying she was scummy? Nonononononononon.

The Lance of Longipost can overcome any AtE field.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
SummonerAU said:
Cello, I think at least one of you is scum. Take a guess as to which one I would put money on.

If you were indeed town Cello at this present point in time, then I'm wrong about Kat. I'd also be looking at Mayling. Right now Cello, I don't think you've done enough and that fact that you hammered and are now trying to make amends disturbs me. If it was indeed just a silly decision and you realise that now, can you give me any reason that isn't AtE? I have no way of know if your change of tack is genuine or not. It could just be scum trying to wiggle themselves out of a lynch after getting a mislynch day 1 (super weird posts D1 to I'm actually town day 2 but I did a bad thing)

If you hit scum, I'll believe you.

What makes me think Mayling is town? I don't know, I don't think Mayling is town. I just think you two have buddied up and you're either both scum or both town.

If you would like me to give my opinions on people at this point assume you're town, you'll have to give me a little while to reread some posts and form different opinions from it. I'm not going to if you don't want me to. I'm at uni right now and I don't want to spend my free time between classes doing that.
Cello_Marl said:
The long and short of why I chose to hammer is because I got a strong town feeling from Moriarty. The excuse I gave at the end of the first Day was a crappy one I threw out off the top of my head because I didn't want to say the real reason.
yeahmanyeah

So, how can be possibly justify hammering May by saying she was scummy?
I laughed, thanks Cello.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for March 24, 2010 11:59AM EST.

It's takes 3/5 to lynch!

Day 4 Vote Count 1:
Cello_Marl: SummonerAU (:skull:)
Kataefi: (0)
Macman: (0)
§tarshy: (0)
SummonerAU: Cello_Marl (:skull:)
Not Voting: Kataefi, Macman, §tarshy (:skull: :skull: :skull:)

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
cello ure right that a scum redirector would have no purpose looking at the other claims but still...i think it could be a red herring

also i cant be sure that katae is town until i know summoner is scum i think?

summoner: what was the reasoning behind ur protections? also who be cellos partner?

btw katae/mac if ure the scum team then hurry and end this game already

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Don't really know how anyone can think i'm scum. Pretty confident that the scumteam is cello/summoner.

Still haven't reread or anything. I am actually busy

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Of course it isn't Macman/Kat, they'd have won by now. Obviously at least one of me and Summoner is scum. If Starshy is convinced of Kat's towniness by Summoner's scumminess, then let's finish Summoner off now. The real question is who among me and Macman that Kat believes is town.

Kat, use your redirection ability on me again. I figured that you would be doing that again anyway, but stating it insures that you will make it to the final day. That means Macman has absolutely no reason to not kill Starshy. If he does target you (or me), then I'm dead, and we've won, since you both trust each other and will lynch him.

Really, no matter what happens, it's going to come down to me, Kat and Mac. So, Kat, if you don't believe that I'm town, then vote for me now. If you do, then finish off Summoner with Starshy, and then help me take care of Mac toMorrow.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay... back in action :) I haven't slept in a few days because of ending term here. Let me reread.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer

It's takes 3/5 to lynch!

Day 4 Vote Count 2:
SummonerAU: Cello_Marl (:skull:)
Not Voting: Kataefi, Macman, §tarshy (:skull: :skull: :skull:)

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
cello why are you town again? from memory i remember thinking you were town cuz of hard stances but now that i think about it a lot of your scumhuntings revolved around linking living players which is a terrible way to find scum and i can easily see it being dishonest

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I don't care if you think I'm town anymore, Starshy. You're going to die toNight.

@Kat: If I were scum, how could I possibly have expected to survive to this point? I'm not trying to dupe you. Would I have hammered Moriarty with the specific intention of trying to fool you by saying I've done something stupid and being like, well, Kat, I wouldn't have done that as scum? No. You should have been yesterDay's lynch, not Meimu. It's great that that didn't happen though, because we would have lost. But, I and others wanted you to get lynched and I'm surprised it didn't happen, just as much as you were surprised that I wasn't lynched for the Moriarty hammer.

Also, if I were Mafia, I would have not voted and let someone vote from boredom and then quicklynch and gloated.

Kat said:
Not fond of Cello's reactions to the NKs D3 and toDay... @Cello: why were you very quick to force claims and now very quick to pin things on summoner?
What was wrong with them? I didn't force claims. I even said I just wouldn't believe them. Though in your case though there is enough circumstantial evidence to support your claim. And Summoner is scum.

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
Don't really know how anyone can think i'm scum.
:rolleyes:

@Kat: If I were scum, how could I possibly have expected to survive to this point? I'm not trying to dupe you. Would I have hammered Moriarty with the specific intention of trying to fool you by saying I've done something stupid and being like, well, Kat, I wouldn't have done that as scum? No.

Also, if I were Mafia, I would have not voted and let someone vote from boredom and then quicklynch and gloated.

:psycho:

/moriarty

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hey staaaaarshy where is your vote headed?

Never thought I'd find myself in this position to be perfectly honest...

Cello... how does your scenario play out in the way you intend? - If I redirect to you, you're saying Mac has a choice to kill you or Starshy that is if Summoner dies today, ya? But this is with Mac as scum in mind and only mac... it doesn't account for the possibility that you might be summoner's partner instead. Starshy may still die, but you could essentially frame Mac in this regard if you're the one doing the night kills.

Did I get that right? It's the first thing I thought of when I read your post....... it does nothing to justify your alignment imo.

Summoner looks to have given up.

Mac I think we really need to hear something from you right now!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
My suggestion that you redirect to me has nothing to do with my alignment. You are trusted by both me and Starshy. Obviously, that means I want to see you in the final 3. If you'd rather redirect to Macman, then please do so. The only other options you'd have would be to not redirect at all, an option I really don't want to see, or to redirect to Starshy, which is fine too, because I'm convinced that that is Macman's only option.

You have to believe me when I say "I'm town" to win. I specifically said that, of my own will, without being asked. That's all there is to it.

Right now, who do you think is scum between the two of us? Who would you vote for?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Actually, I guess I should try to find something in my defense other than "Jeez, I'm town!".

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Let's see, here's what I've got.

Why would I make a Tsukihime reference that nobody else would get, and draw attention to us if we were scummates? (and I apparently got it wrong, never really got into it beyond Melty Blood) I just did it because it popped into my head at the time, I think.

Macman lurked then voted for Moriarty. Summoner was "frustrated" at Macman's lack of posts, but didn't think he was lynch-worthy, despite him being the most scummy player on his list done at Xonar's request. Summoner-Macman exchange after was completely artificial feeling, especially since it disappeared completely after the start of D2.

There's the Xonar pronunciation thing too. I certainly didn't know it, and Summoner reacted rather harshly. There wasn't any other digression that hit a nerve as badly, because that could have led back to his scummate if he was found. Summoner hasn't been scum in a game where Xonar was also present, other than here. Macman might have known that pronunciation, and mentioned it.

Macman said:
yea I'm actually getting better vibes from kat. Mayling/Xonar all the way. Summoner hasn't been on my radar much at all, which is problematic especially with Ryker's win in Batmafia. Can't ignore him
This just hit me badly when I was rereading. Mac just sort of acknowledges the potential problem of Summoner, but then just doesn't go anywhere with it.

Kat, this is Macman's ISO. Can you read through his posts and tell me why you think he's town again?

Also, oh irony:

Cello on who the scum teams are said:
)So, basically, not me, Macman, or Summoner.
Oh, one more thing. Kat, I don't want you to tell me where you breadcrumbed anymore. Macman, I want you to do it. Tell me what they were. I want to know if you really found them, or if you were just claiming it to appear "in the know."

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
What have I done that makes me scummy, Starshy? That I haven't provided a perfectly reasonable explanation for? The only reason I care is because you can influence Kat's vote. Besides, how can you possibly consider me for toDay with Summoner still here? If Kat wants to vote for me, that's fine, since he has to trust me toMorrow too anyway and if that doesn't happen he might as well vote now, but I'll be so mad if you decide to throw away the game now.

@Kat: Just look at Mac and Summoner and tell me you don't think they are partners.

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
well unlike you summoner actually had a good reason for his hammer

anyway dont say idve thrown the game away when you shouldve been lynched d2 guy. scum mvp regardless of alignment

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Being MVP for them won't mean jack unless they win.

Well, that's not true, but still. Also, my hammer was totally and completely reasonable to me, at the time, mostly. Besides, really? Can you really say that about Summoner's hammer? Not the person, but the timing? RIGHT AFTER Macman? Even accounting for the possibility that it was a Macman set up, that still leaves Summoner in a terrible position. That was a coordinated quicklynch, at the very least on Summoner's part, accounting for Doc potential.

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
Well, that's not true, but still. Also, my hammer was totally and completely reasonable to me, at the time, mostly. Besides, really? Can you really say that about Summoner's hammer? Not the person, but the timing? RIGHT AFTER Macman?
nope

just had to make you squirm some to be sure. never do the "i flipped my reads upside down" thing again for the sake of all towns that you are in. also connecting living players and trying to find the entire scumteam at once is an awful way to find scum and i think you should stop. its a bad thing that ive believed your play could be so poor over the course of this game

katae we reread and dwelt on it and think its macman/summoner. we say you vote mac tomorrow. also dont let it drag out forever and force yourself to reread the game if you have to. its better to reread and go from that than pay too much attention to whats happening in lylo i think

sigh. town was doing well before the moriarty lynch. that ****ed us up bigtime

also rereading katae v may just further convinces me how terrible cases are

vote scummoner

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer

It's takes 3/5 to lynch!

Day 4 Vote Count 3:
SummonerAU: Cello_Marl, §tarshy (:skull: :skull:)
Not Voting: Kataefi, Macman (:skull: :skull:)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
**** this is very unlike me... I sort of definitely trust someone here. I'm going to take this day very slow. Still haven't reread fully sorry guys. So exactly why do you think mac is involved starshy? Why the vote on summoner? Are you definitely sure it couldn't be Cello?

Mac you at least have to say something come on now =(

Cello I'll comment on your stuff tomorrow!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I think he was just going to let his vote sit on Macman. If it was me and Summoner, then we'd coordinate a quicklynch and win.

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
hi cello feel free to vote mac now. katae vote mac next time you see this thread. summoners a freebie so might as well win/lose today. game needs to end

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
youre killing me katae :mad:

well macmans been coasting all game and ive felt like ive had to drag him into this and i usually only have to do that when hes scum. hes also failed to do ****. he LOOKED like hes doing stuff what with "i think this guy is town and this guy isnt" but thats not too helpful when were looking for scum not townies

note summoners attitude towards cello as opposed to macman:

143 - i dont think summoner would be so blatant about declaring cello town. i just dont see newer scum players do that and instead see them take a neutral stance towards their buddies

cellotown v macneutral continues

156 is golden. macmans the scummiest but summoners vote is on marc. but hes voting him (or moriarty) cuz theyre both inactive. ok. so why not gun for me if im third? hes just not paying attention here and it looks like distancing

man reading through xonars posts is annoying

179 - flipping a coin between macman and moriarty. never does. i guess in his defense he didnt have a chance cuz cello hammah'd soon after. im not sure cuz i didnt check the timestamps. meh

im scrolling down page 8 right now (40 ppp) and its a bunch of xonar/you/may/cello arguing. macmans there but hes just leeching off people and not in the thick of it like you four were

summoner up in cellos grill during mylo

here too

weird for scum to bus a partner during mylo. dont think summoner was doing that

thats pretty much it. i could scrounge for some more but thats whats essential. please hammah drop

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
youre killing me katae :mad:

well macmans been coasting all game and ive felt like ive had to drag him into this and i usually only have to do that when hes scum. hes also failed to do ****. he LOOKED like hes doing stuff what with "i think this guy is town and this guy isnt" but thats not too helpful when were looking for scum not townies

note summoners attitude towards cello as opposed to macman:

143 - i dont think summoner would be so blatant about declaring cello town. i just dont see newer scum players do that and instead see them take a neutral stance towards their buddies

cellotown v macneutral continues

156 is golden. macmans the scummiest but summoners vote is on marc. but hes voting him (or moriarty) cuz theyre both inactive. ok. so why not gun for me if im third? hes just not paying attention here and it looks like distancing

man reading through xonars posts is annoying

179 - flipping a coin between macman and moriarty. never does. i guess in his defense he didnt have a chance cuz cello hammah'd soon after. im not sure cuz i didnt check the timestamps. meh

im scrolling down page 8 right now (40 ppp) and its a bunch of xonar/you/may/cello arguing. macmans there but hes just leeching off people and not in the thick of it like you four were

summoner up in cellos grill during mylo

here too

weird for scum to bus a partner during mylo. dont think summoner was doing that

thats pretty much it. i could scrounge for some more but thats whats essential. please hammah drop

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I can explain it for you Kat.

Kat/Cello
Kat/Starshy
Kat/Macman
Kat/Summoner
Cello/Starshy
Cello/Macman
Cello/Summoner
Starshy/Macman
Starshy/Summoner
Macman/Summoner

I voted for Summoner early on this Day. That means it cannot be Starshy/Macman, because they would have quicklynched. Summoner's vote doesn't eliminate any potential combination, so it doesn't matter. Then, Starshy voted for Summoner with me. That means that you could could not be scum, as you would have won, and it also eliminates Cello/Macman. That leaves:

Cello/Starshy
Cello/Summoner
Starshy/Summoner
Macman/Summoner

But then, he moved his vote to Macman. At that point, that means that Cello/Summoner isn't possible, because we would have quicklynched. Technically, Summoner may just not have been on yet, but you can wait a full day if you need to be convinced that is not the case.

Cello/Starshy
Starshy/Summoner
Macman/Summoner

If you think I am scum, that means Starshy must be scum too. I don't think he is. Neither do you. And if he is not, that only leaves Macman/Summoner.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Lol I might just kill you some more =p Starshy I do understand your logic behind that vote. Cello haven't read your post yet.

The way I'm seeing this!:

The team lies in one of Summoner/Cello and yourself/Mac because of the crossvoting and no quicklynching. Hence... your vote on mac, all because you yourself are town.

Therefore the possibilities from my PoV are Summoner/Mac, Summoner/Starshy OR Cello/Mac, Cello/Starshy.

BUT:

This is what I don't get... assuming scum were Summoner/Mac, there is no damage control from the supposed scum team whatsoever, as if they have completely given up.

Why would this occur and why would they have such a defeatist attitude here? Wouldn't you assume at least one of the pair would try to recover from this situation?

This is such an enigma! Does this mean anything to both of you? Or have scum really given up?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
can we not get ahead of ourselves? I haven't even had time to look at this game, jeez

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Actually, Starshy/Summoner doesn't work either because Summoner would have hammered by now.

So, it's either Cello/Starshy, or Summoner/Macman. It can only be one of the two.

Top Bottom