• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I have somewhat good news!

I just finished an AIM convo. with SerebiiJoe (owner of Serebii.net) and I can confirm to you this.

Capt. Falcon is revealed to be in the game along with Ridley (w00t) and Luigi. Ridley is in his Meta-Ridley form and is shown in one shot with Bowser and Dedede and another shot vs. Samus in which he is holding a Home-Run bat. They are the only 3 "new" characters shown and anyone expecting anything else is going to be disapointed.

Also, there are screenshots of what looks to be an F-Zero stage called "Port Town". I've never played the F-Zero games so I'm not sure of its importance. Also, the stage in the E 4 All video is shown again and revealed to be "Ashley Manor". I take it that's Ashley's house from WarioWare? Joe also said there is also a picture of what looks to be "Fountain of Dreams". I'm assuming that a Past Stage like Temple is.

Finally, another picture is shown with the Star Rod and one with Luigi using his Poultergust 3000. It could be his down B or it could be a new item, Joe said he wasn't sure.

Sorry, that's all the help I can give at the moment but I requested that he scan me the images and I will probably recieve an e-mail within the hour. I know for a fact all of this information is real and you may not believe me but I guarantee on Saturday (or even earlier when i can get the scans up), I will have the last laugh.

Could be lying. Apparently Serebii.net would have gone under heavy fire if they had said anything early about D/P. It would likely be the same case here. I doubt the owner of Serebii is dumb enough to leak this with his name directly mentioned.

Pics or it didn't happen.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
and WTF is 2ch or whatever?
Literally the largest message board on the internet. That's not hyperbole.

Also, BrawlInNess, why would he reveal something like that to some random guy who asks on AIM? Why wouldn't he reveal it to everyone else first? Why hasn't he revealed it elsewhere, if he apparently doesn't care about information like that?

Post the AIM log. I doubt you wouldn't save something that notable.

Cless

Smash Champion
the thing that really makes me worry is the quote from the original scan.

"King Dedede has finally arrived!"

WTF would they be waiting randomly for dedede to reveal 'all characters'? It makes it seem like he is the LAST character that needed revealing.

and WTF is 2ch or whatever?
2ch is a Japanese imgboard. It's what 4chan is based off of.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
On second thought, it seems everybody on here needs a life, getting this worked up. (Me included :p

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Just like the Megaman countdown, I'll hope it's true or something for Brawl, but I'm gonna take this one with a grain of salt also.

Here's hoping, I guess. And I'm hoping that Ridley isn't in the game. Sorry. I just don't see him fitting in.
Why?? :(....

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets

I just finished an AIM convo. with SerebiiJoe (owner of Serebii.net) and I can confirm to you this.

Capt. Falcon is revealed to be in the game along with Ridley (w00t) and Luigi. Ridley is in his Meta-Ridley form and is shown in one shot with Bowser and Dedede and another shot vs. Samus in which he is holding a Home-Run bat. They are the only 3 "new" characters shown and anyone expecting anything else is going to be disapointed.

Also, there are screenshots of what looks to be an F-Zero stage called "Port Town". I've never played the F-Zero games so I'm not sure of its importance. Also, the stage in the E 4 All video is shown again and revealed to be "Ashley Manor". I take it that's Ashley's house from WarioWare? Joe also said there is also a picture of what looks to be "Fountain of Dreams". I'm assuming that a Past Stage like Temple is.

Finally, another picture is shown with the Star Rod and one with Luigi using his Poultergust 3000. It could be his down B or it could be a new item, Joe said he wasn't sure.

Sorry, that's all the help I can give at the moment but I requested that he scan me the images and I will probably recieve an e-mail within the hour. I know for a fact all of this information is real and you may not believe me but I guarantee on Saturday (or even earlier when i can get the scans up), I will have the last laugh.

While I generally tend to take people for their word, especially when they claim to be telling the truth and what not, I really, really, really doubt that. Why would CoroCoro only reveal those few people? And those few stages? And those particular people and stages? I can buy Capt Falcon, considering he might be a starter. But Ridley?

And why don't you post your conversation you had on here?

bobadz

Smash Ace

You won the internet !

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Me=Not worked up... yet.

I actually believe the Ashley Manor thing. We've seen pictures of a dead tree... which is either in Luigi's Mansion, or Ashley's Manor.
Can you link this pic?

And those 3 characters are WAY more than enough for me :joyful:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

Ashley Manor?

****! That overrated character better not be playable. I'd hate to even see a stage for her. She doesn't deserve the song even. >_>

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The fact that there's an ashley manor stage really makes me doubt the serebii guy was telling the truth.
Let's just wait for scans before we get too worked up.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
The fact that there's an ashley manor stage really makes me doubt the serebii guy was telling the truth.
I would think the whole concept and how vague/obvious the reveals are would be a bigger tip.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
why did somebody post that Joe of serebii.net is a jerk? on what grounds do you say that?

and again, most likely every 'lead' somebody has so far is false....remember, they said they were having a CHARACTER REVEAL BOOK not a few screens.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Why?? :(....
Well, I guess this would be taboo to yall, but when I think of Ridley, I think boss character. Not in the same light as Bowser. I see him as enemy character. Boss characters don't cut the bill for me as being characters for other games. Makes me feel...

Insecure about my fandom.

May your children be pitched out to sea without mercy for your ignorant ways.
D:/

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Ridley has the largest amount of unspoken characterization next to Samus in the series, and has the biggest connection to her backstory on top of that, being her parent's killer.

He's more than a boss character.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I've always thought that, compared to most Metroid bosses, Ridley is puny. I mean he's dwarfed by Kraid and curled up he's smaller than mother Brain... as in the actual brain.

I'm still saying that all posts not in Japanese from 2ch are bull**** until scans are posted. Seeing as they made no rush to scan things I'm betting there's not too much new, or they'd be breaking street date by now.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Ridley has the largest amount of unspoken characterization next to Samus in the series, and has the biggest connection to her backstory on top of that, being her parent's killer.

He's more than a boss character.
Hey now, no fair. I know this. It just feels odd to see it happen, if it does. I just couldn't imagine Ridley for Brawl. :/

(yes, I'm a HUGE metroid nerd/geek/freak/whatever you guys call it now and days.)

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Ridley has the largest amount of unspoken characterization next to Samus in the series, and has the biggest connection to her backstory on top of that, being her parent's killer."

He also slaughetered the Chozo that raised here, and beated the crap out of Samus when she was younger.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman

THIS IS ALL REAL:

Capt. Falcon is not revealed to be in the game along with Ridley (darn) and Luigi. Ridley is not in his Meta-Ridley form and is not shown in one shot with Bowser and Dedede and another shot vs. Samus in which he is not holding a Home-Run bat. They are the only 3 "new" characters not shown and anyone expecting anything else is going to be disapointed.

Also, there are not screenshots of what looks to be an F-Zero stage not called "Port Town". I've never played the F-Zero games so I'm not sure of its importance. Also, the stage in the E 4 All video is shown again and not revealed to be "Ashley Manor". I take it that's not Ashley's house from WarioWare? Joe also said there is also a picture of what looks to be not "Fountain of Dreams". I'm assuming that not a Past Stage like Temple is.

Finally, another picture is not shown with the not Star Rod and one not with Luigi using not his not Poultergust not 3000. It could not be not his not down B or it could be a new item, Joe didn't say he wasn't not sure.

Sorry, that's all the help I can give at the moment but I requested that he scan me the images and I will probably recieve an e-mail within the hour. (LOOL FAKE) I know for a fact all of this information is real (ROFL FAKE) and you may not believe me but I guarantee on Saturday (ROFL) (or even earlier when i can get the scans up), I will have the last laugh. ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom