• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=123666

This is the thread in the Stage Discussion. The video in question is the Trailer we got along with Sonic.
Whoa, this looks like it could be the Ashley stage...maybe we were wrong about her:dizzy:
Well, I guess this would be taboo to yall, but when I think of Ridley, I think boss character. Not in the same light as Bowser. I see him as enemy character. Boss characters don't cut the bill for me as being characters for other games. Makes me feel...

Insecure about my fandom.

D:/
Well, Ganon and Bowser are bosses too, but view it how you will :ohwell:

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Yes guys, I'm sure Sakurai went to all the trouble of giving Ashely a song and not giving her a stage.
QQ more if you don't think she has a stage.
I would like to see her playable but I doubt it. Stage seems highly likely though.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Ok, Im gonna state this again since info seems to always get buried in this thread.

First Corocoro is putting out Smash related stuff in their next two issues. The first issue that comes out tomorrow will supposedly have a booklet that reveals all the characters in the game. However it is uncertain if all characters refers to the unlockable characters as well.

Then next month on the 15th in the Feb. issue, there is a follow up on Smash. The magazine will release 30 cards that have characters on them.

This info has been obtained from official websites and somewhat credible images that have surfaced on the net.

In any even tonight (Friday) Im gonna check the bookstore to see if January's CoroCoro is in. If not I will go first thing on Saturday morning to buy it. I guarantee that you will have your answers within about 24 hours time at the latest.

This isnt just about a game anymore, this is personal.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hey everyone, I have somewhat good news!

I just finished an AIM convo. with SerebiiJoe (owner of Serebii.net) and I can confirm to you this.

Capt. Falcon is revealed to be in the game along with Ridley (w00t) and Luigi. Ridley is in his Meta-Ridley form and is shown in one shot with Bowser and Dedede and another shot vs. Samus in which he is holding a Home-Run bat. They are the only 3 "new" characters shown and anyone expecting anything else is going to be disapointed.

Also, there are screenshots of what looks to be an F-Zero stage called "Port Town". I've never played the F-Zero games so I'm not sure of its importance. Also, the stage in the E 4 All video is shown again and revealed to be "Ashley Manor". I take it that's Ashley's house from WarioWare? Joe also said there is also a picture of what looks to be "Fountain of Dreams". I'm assuming that a Past Stage like Temple is.

Finally, another picture is shown with the Star Rod and one with Luigi using his Poultergust 3000. It could be his down B or it could be a new item, Joe said he wasn't sure.

Sorry, that's all the help I can give at the moment but I requested that he scan me the images and I will probably recieve an e-mail within the hour. I know for a fact all of this information is real and you may not believe me but I guarantee on Saturday (or even earlier when i can get the scans up), I will have the last laugh.
Hmmm, I am calling this fake. If we do get a new character, the most we can hope for is Sheik.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Ok, Im gonna state this again since info seems to always get buried in this thread.

First Corocoro is putting out Smash related stuff in their next two issues. The first issue that comes out tomorrow will supposedly have a booklet that reveals all the characters in the game. However it is uncertain if all characters refers to the unlockable characters as well.

Then next month on the 15th in the Feb. issue, there is a follow up on Smash. The magazine will release 30 cards that have characters on them.

This info has been obtained from official websites and somewhat credible images that have surfaced on the net.

In any even tonight (Friday) Im gonna check the bookstore to see if January's CoroCoro is in. If not I will go first thing on Saturday morning to buy it. I guarantee that you will have your answers within about 24 hours time at the latest.

This isnt just about a game anymore, this is personal.
you do it brother!

The Director

Smash Lord
He also slaughetered the Chozo that raised here, and beated the crap out of Samus when she was younger.
Yeah, and Samus has pwned the **** out of Ridley every fight since. :laugh:

I could just imagine her reasoning for this: "I think I'm gonna get a badass power suit and kick this guy's ***."

Sukecchi

Smash Cadet
Serebii uses MSN and IRC. He comes into the Bulbagarden channel frequently, users there say he does no have AIM.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Yes guys, I'm sure Sakurai went to all the trouble of giving Ashely a song and not giving her a stage.
QQ more if you don't think she has a stage.
I would like to see her playable but I doubt it. Stage seems highly likely though.
Kind of like how X is getting a stage to go along with it's music, right? Oh wait.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Well, I guess this would be taboo to yall, but when I think of Ridley, I think boss character. Not in the same light as Bowser. I see him as enemy character. Boss characters don't cut the bill for me as being characters for other games. Makes me feel...

Insecure about my fandom.
Ganondorf.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
umm just wondering has anyone (who can read japanese) gone to the corocoro site? i'm on it right now but i don't know a whole lot of japanese. just thought maybe the site would have something

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
umm just wondering has anyone (who can read japanese) gone to the corocoro site? i'm on it right now but i don't know a whole lot of japanese. just thought maybe the site would have something
WHy would the site have anything...then people wouldn't need to buy the magazine

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Huh... I chose this avatar cause no one else used it... darn...

Anyway, according to the member in Japan, we'll still be getting info sometime in the next 24 hours, so keep your ears open.

BTW, Ismar, you thief! lol.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Who in the hell takes time out to make to spread fake info about a game. Is that really fun?

Xiroey2

Smash Apprentice
With the X update he did say that the music would be used in SE.

My song choices for this game were made very carefully after surveying song popularity, using opinions submitted to the Smash Bros. website and listening to the songs themselves.

But there are also some songs I added based entirely on my own whims. This one song is from a Japan-only Game Boy game called X. If a song is good, that’s enough for me.

Of course, there is no X stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but this time, the songs in Smash Bros. aren’t limited only to those series represented by characters and stages. We’ve taken some that are from completely unrelated games.

Can you expect to hear this song or that song? You’ll just have to wait and see.

I don't see anything about that :ohwell:

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, I have somewhat good news!

I just finished an AIM convo. with SerebiiJoe (owner of Serebii.net) and I can confirm to you this.

Capt. Falcon is revealed to be in the game along with Ridley (w00t) and Luigi. Ridley is in his Meta-Ridley form and is shown in one shot with Bowser and Dedede and another shot vs. Samus in which he is holding a Home-Run bat. They are the only 3 "new" characters shown and anyone expecting anything else is going to be disapointed.

Also, there are screenshots of what looks to be an F-Zero stage called "Port Town". I've never played the F-Zero games so I'm not sure of its importance. Also, the stage in the E 4 All video is shown again and revealed to be "Ashley Manor". I take it that's Ashley's house from WarioWare? Joe also said there is also a picture of what looks to be "Fountain of Dreams". I'm assuming that a Past Stage like Temple is.

Finally, another picture is shown with the Star Rod and one with Luigi using his Poultergust 3000. It could be his down B or it could be a new item, Joe said he wasn't sure.

Sorry, that's all the help I can give at the moment but I requested that he scan me the images and I will probably recieve an e-mail within the hour. I know for a fact all of this information is real and you may not believe me but I guarantee on Saturday (or even earlier when i can get the scans up), I will have the last laugh.
Within the hour? Time's running out!!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I hope this guy isn't making this stuff up.

First because it'd be nice if it was true and second because he's not very imaginative if this is the best he could invent.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I hope this guy isn't making this stuff up.

First because it'd be nice if it was true and second because he's not very imaginative if this is the best he could invent.
Well, that's the point. You have to make it believable, and he did...If he were to say Sora was in, nobody would believe it.

Sukecchi

Smash Cadet
Told you...just because my post count is small, that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about 'buku :p

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Has the guy who claims to have talked to Serebii Joe even replied to this thread since then?

If not, that is proof of his lies.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Serebii regulars are saying it's false so there goes that.

Marci, you're right I was thinking of the main theme. I guess I just merged the two updates in my head for some reason.

Black/Light

Smash Master

I don't want Ashley in the game because she doesn't deserve it. I really don't see why your little comment was necessary.:ohwell:
I wish people would stop tossing the word "deserve" around like it means anything when WE say it. They are fictional characters who are made for games. . . the only ones that "deserve" to be in are the ones Sakurai puts in seeing as it's his and his team's opinions that count.

You can be against her comeing in the form of a character but leave it at that. . . no need to put character's on pedestals.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Well, that's the point. You have to make it believable, and he did...If he were to say Sora was in, nobody would believe it.

Believable? I really don't think it's believable at all. His descriptions are so vague, unenthusiastic, and unlikely. Wouldn't he talk more about Ridley himself than how many pictures he's in? Like possible attacks, size, color? Anything other than he's Meta-Ridley.

And he says that the picture people were speculating on is confirmed to be Ashley's Manor. Why would the magazine link those two? It's fairly obvious he just was hoping so, and therefore used the opportunity to claim that the still from the video is in fact what he hopes it will be.

And then Serebii Joe actually telling him all of this, its just ridiculous. In all my days of having had him added (including within the past couple of hours), he's never been online. I've never talked to him, so he wouldn't know my SN to block it. And in his posts on the N-Europe board, he says he's been getting hundreds of emails from people wanting the information he knows, and he specifically says he's not telling anyone anything, in part because he's not supposed to know it anyways.

All this guy did was make it slightly-not-completely-ridiculous. He seems more focused on being right and having the last laugh than the information he's actually giving us. He just wants attention and to be liked, if only for a few hours until we have the real info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom