• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I wish people would stop tossing the word "deserve" around like it means anything when WE say it. They are fictional characters who are made for games. . . the only ones that "deserve" to be in are the ones Sakurai puts in seeing as it's his and his team's opinions that count.
funny how fictional characters can end up being more real than any of us commoners will ever be, isn't it?

Shuma

Smash Hero
It was obvious that it's fake, Meta-Ridley is Prime, Japan hates prime, the Ridley in smash would be common purple ridley.

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
About Joe . . . I used to be a moderator on another pokemon forum, and he came on there and spammed it once because one of the staff talked about how he used to steal information from other sites and not credit them.

Supposedly he has cleaned up his act now, but I don't think he's really a super-nice guy.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I wish people would stop tossing the word "deserve" around like it means anything when WE say it. They are fictional characters who are made for games. . . the only ones that "deserve" to be in are the ones Sakurai puts in seeing as it's his and his team's opinions that count.

You can be against her comeing in the form of a character but leave it at that. . . no need to put character's on pedestals.
Not exactly. Ashley just isn't a deserving character. There are Wario Ware characters more central to the games themselves. It wouldn't make sense to put Ashley in over them. Besides I HIGHLY doubt Wario Ware will get a second playable character.

I don't really believe this anymore, though so it doesn't really matter. Just somebody trying to pump the Ashley fans up again, perhaps.

Besides it doesn't change the fact that comment above (the one I quoted in my last post.) was totally unnecessary.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, I'm just popping in the clear things up, since it's probably not fun trying to read posts on Serebiiforums when it lags.

Anyways, I'm Kirby the mod from SPP, if you can't tell by the name.

I'm also pretty good friends with Joe, and talk to him very often on the chat. However, I must point out that Joe usually only talks to people he knows in real life using AIM and MSN.

He would never tell some random person what was revealed about brawl, so I can say that this is 99% fake, I leave a 1% error margin since I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Also, he is in bed right now, different timezones and all...

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
Has the guy who claims to have talked to Serebii Joe even replied to this thread since then?

If not, that is proof of his lies.
Actually, I have been answering numerous PMs and IMs that I've been recieving and I've been busy typing up my thread.

I am not lying, no matter what you think.

And btw, o the person who said I should state everything about Ridley, I've said all I know.

He's in the Meta-Ridley form.
About the same size as Bowser yet bigger than Dedede.
I don't know attacks specifics as i only have info. from Joe to work on.

Also, to people disproving this with the "Joe's in bed" or "not on AIM" theory. You must not know I've known Joe since we were about 8 years old and that the reason he is sleeping is due to the fact that has a cold and is taking a nap. As much as you all want to believe this is a conspiracy, it really isn't.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
BrawlinNess, you're digging your hole deeper... just delete this old account, make a new one, and start building some new credibility. Then again, if you're right... well, that'd be like +200,000 right there

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I have been answering numerous PMs and IMs that I've been recieving and I've been busy typing up my thread.

And btw, o the person who said I should state everything about Ridley, I've said all I know.

Also, to people disproving this with the "Joe's in bed" or "not on AIM" theory. You must not know I've known Joe since we were about 8 years old and that the reason he is sleeping is due to the fact that has a cold and is taking a nap. As much as you all want to believe this is a conspiracy, it really isn't.
Well, if it isn't a lie then I owe you an apology. It is just hard to believe anyone online nowadays.

It has after all been awhile since you posted and not one screen yet.

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
BrawlinNess, you're digging your whole deeper... just delete this old account, make a new one, and start building some new credibility. Then again, if you're right... well, that'd be like +200,000 right there
Why do you think I'm keeping my account. Come Saturday night or whenever I can get scans up, this will be huge.

not to mention, everyone will realize I was right.

Hejiru

Smash Ace

Some scans would be nice....

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Hi guys, I'm just popping in the clear things up, since it's probably not fun trying to read posts on Serebiiforums when it lags.

Anyways, I'm Kirby the mod from SPP, if you can't tell by the name.

I'm also pretty good friends with Joe, and talk to him very often on the chat. However, I must point out that Joe usually only talks to people he knows in real life using AIM and MSN.

He would never tell some random person what was revealed about brawl, so I can say that this is 99% fake, I leave a 1% error margin since I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Also, he is in bed right now, different timezones and all...
I'm going with this guy.

I now highly doubt this is true now. The only thing to pursuade me is if this joe guy gets some scans.

Sukecchi

Smash Cadet
I'll believe you for now, but if you're wrong I get to punch you in the nuts.

kapeesh?
Usually the thing to do is not believe them. How can you honestly say you'll believe him for now? He hasn't offered any proof he's telling the truth.

The Director

Smash Lord
BrawlinNess, I've got nothing against you but you need to understand that without scans I don't believe a word of this. I would imagine a lot of other people wouldn't, either.

After Nya posted some crap about characters being in and out, and then later confessing that it was a joke, my internet-wariness beacon went off and never shut down. (Nya after all was supposed to be a "trusted" source)

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't believe BrawlinNess. He's full of it. lmao

Scans by Saturday night? They'll be old by then.

Not very knowledgeable on time zones are we?

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice

But, then why are the people of Serebii.net dispproving this news you offered? Also, you said earlier you were going to bring news to us within a hour and now we have to wait till Saturday? Why Saturday? If you are telling the truth, just give us the news now. Do not lie us now.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
BrawlinNess, I've got nothing against you but you need to understand that without scans I don't believe a word of this. I would imagine a lot of other people wouldn't, either.

After Nya posted some crap about characters being in and out, and then later confessing that it was a joke, my internet-wariness beacon went off and never shut down. (Nya after all was supposed to be a "trusted" source)
Actually, I think Gimpyfish edited his post. I didn't really believe it anyway.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Usually the thing to do is not believe them. How can you honestly say you'll believe him for now? He hasn't offered any proof he's telling the truth.
it's his word. the way he talks sounds pretty reassuring.

come the time he posts scans I will laugh at all of you.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Not exactly. Ashley just isn't a deserving character. There are Wario Ware characters more central to the games themselves. It wouldn't make sense to put Ashley in over them. Besides I HIGHLY doubt Wario Ware will get a second playable character.
Im not trying to argue how important she is, just the fact that NONE of us has say over which one of these fictional characters that have not done one thing on their own well deserve to be in.

If Ashley gets in than she "deserves" to be in SSBB from the devs stand point, if she doesn't than the characters in brawl where more important to the devs. If she gets in would you still talk about her as if she shouldn't be in as a fact? Really. . . it's like the dam* term "mind gaming". . . . people here toss it around like it means something even if it's used out of contest.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
BrawlinNess is just upset that Ness got replaced by Lucas I'll bet, needs to take it out on the Smash Community.

lol, just joking dude, if you're right I'll be the first to say how stupid I was.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice

Joe's sleeping because it's past midnight where he is. I'd probably be asleep too...

Also, he certainly didn't mention anything about being sick, especially when he was far too busy bragging about his new Xbox he just bought, and then complaining because his Halo game hadn't arrived in the mail...

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's so hard about copying and pasting your conversation you had with joe and showing us all what he said?

Oh wait, because that conversation never took place.
Just give him time to fabricate a fake AIM convo.

X_X

Hejiru

Smash Ace
HE IS LYING.

He said he knew Joe when he was eight.

Then he said he has known him for five years.

Wait, so... Serebii is only 13? That's funny, I thought he was like 24.

Interesting. Care to explain, sir?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Wait...when did he say this? I'm looking back at his posts, and I don't see anything. Besides, perhaps he made a typo, i.e. the 1 key getting stuck and printing 5 instead of 15.

I seriously doubt his claims, but there's still a very slim chance that he's right, so we're just going to have to wait for Serebii's word on this OR for someone else to get the issue.

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
First off, I did mean to say 15 years, thanks for catching that invisible. And also, since people were begging for it, here's the script from the convo.

SerebiiJoe (4:35:01 PM): hey
SerebiiJoe (4:43:24 PM): guess what?
TheDiLuigi (4:45:00 PM): Hey, sup?
SerebiiJoe (4:45:24 PM): I got the new Coro-Coro
TheDiLuigi (4:45:35 PM): are you ****ing?!
SerebiiJoe (4:45:54 PM): no, and you’ll never guess who’s in it
TheDiLuigi (4:45:59 PM): Falcon? Sheik? TOM NOOK?!
SerebiiJoe (4:46:32 PM): RIDLEY in the metal freakin form
TheDiLuigi (4:46:54 PM): holy crap
SerebiiJoe (4:47:07 PM): so yeah, u guessed about Falcon, there is a pic of Luigi using his vaccum too. Also, there’s a F-Zero stage called “Port town” and a pic of the manor from Wario Ware
SerebiiJoe (4:47:18 PM): That was prolly the thing from the E for All Trailer
TheDiLuigi (4:47:31 PM): wow, just wow.
TheDiLuigi (4:47:40 PM): anything else?
SerebiiJoe (4:47:58 PM): There’s apicture of Kirby on the Fountain level from melee and he has the star item in his hand. That’s it for now though. I gotta post some more dungeon news and then I’m going to bed.
TheDiLuigi (4:48:37PM): sweet info. why?
SerebiiJoe (4:48:58 PM): IDK, I just don’t feel good, I think I have a cold. I’m gonna lie down a while, bbl, probably in few hrs.
TheDiLuigi (4:49:40 PM): cool, send me a scan of the mag when u get a chance.
SerebiiJoe (4:49:58 PM): peace, ttyl

As for everyone IMming me, I appreciate you taking the time but this is really difficult. I got over 70 IMs from different people from SmashBoards, NeoGaf, AMN, Nsider 2, and Serebii within a matter of minutes.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
HE IS LYING.

He said he knew Joe when he was eight.

Wait, so... Serebii is only 13? That's funny, I thought he was like 24.

Interesting. Care to explain, sir?
Joe is 21.

So let's say this guy made a mistake, and meant 15 and not 5 years.

He says he knew Joe when they were 8, and then for 15 years.

Do the math, 15 + 8 = 23

Joe wasn't even alive 23 years ago.

Of course, I haven't checked any of the previous posts, I'm just going by what you claim, all I saw was the post of him saying he's known Joe since they were 8 years old.

Sukecchi

Smash Cadet
Serebii doesn't use short hand.

Like I said earlier, he's in the Bublagarden IRC channel often, and I have asked him some questions about JP Diamond when it came out, specifically about the Underground. He does not type like that, he uses proper grammar.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
First off, I did mean to say 15 years, thanks for catching that invisible. And also, since people were begging for it, here's the script from the convo.

SerebiiJoe (4:35:01 PM): hey
SerebiiJoe (4:43:24 PM): guess what?
TheDiLuigi (4:45:00 PM): Hey, sup?
SerebiiJoe (4:45:24 PM): I got the new Coro-Coro
TheDiLuigi (4:45:35 PM): are you ****ing?!
SerebiiJoe (4:45:54 PM): no, and you’ll never guess who’s in it
TheDiLuigi (4:45:59 PM): Falcon? Sheik? TOM NOOK?!
SerebiiJoe (4:46:32 PM): RIDLEY in the metal freakin form
TheDiLuigi (4:46:54 PM): holy crap
SerebiiJoe (4:47:07 PM): so yeah, u guessed about Falcon, there is a pic of Luigi using his vaccum too. Also, there’s a F-Zero stage called “Port town” and a pic of the manor from Wario Ware
SerebiiJoe (4:47:18 PM): That was prolly the thing from the E for All Trailer
TheDiLuigi (4:47:31 PM): wow, just wow.
TheDiLuigi (4:47:40 PM): anything else?
SerebiiJoe (4:47:58 PM): There’s apicture of Kirby on the Fountain level from melee and he has the star item in his hand. That’s it for now though. I gotta post some more dungeon news and then I’m going to bed.
TheDiLuigi (4:48:37PM): sweet info. why?
SerebiiJoe (4:48:58 PM): IDK, I just don’t feel good, I think I have a cold. I’m gonna lie down a while, bbl, probably in few hrs.
TheDiLuigi (4:49:40 PM): cool, send me a scan of the mag when u get a chance.
SerebiiJoe (4:49:58 PM): peace, ttyl

As for everyone IMming me, I appreciate you taking the time but this is really difficult. I got over 70 IMs from different people from SmashBoards, NeoGaf, AMN, Nsider 2, and Serebii within a matter of minutes.

ROFLMAO. This has to be a joke!

XD I told you he needed time to fabricate it.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Yeah, he would have been better off leaving it ambiguous.

Oddly enough, there are a$$clowns like this on the internet that enjoy getting people's hopes up and lying to others for their own pleasure.

I've had the misfortune of knowing some who actually get off to doing it.

It seems pretty pointless, but somehow they get off to it. I mean, it's not like you're fooling the UN: you're just lying about sh*t on the internet, something which is immensely easy to do.

I'd say ignore this fool until scans show up. If he's right, good for him, but there have been a thousand lying perverts to do this on the internet and there will be thousands more.

Even if by some chance he is right, the odds are so immensely stacked against him that I won't apologize if he is right.

To use an analogy, it's like shooting people wearing dynamite vests: sure, 1 out of every 100 of those people might just be wearing a twisted Halloween costume or a prop for a play, but the odds are so far against them AND they should be aware of the consequences of their actions so it really is their own fault.

Someone claiming to know information with no scans or pictures of any kind to back it up deserves what they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom