• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not just a fighting game. But a world!

Like Eternal Phoenix said, this would take a large amount of resources. Smash is popular for its unique gameplay. An MMO Smash would not be able to compete with WoW and the likes. There's no point. If you want to unlock costumes why not keep that on the Wii instead of making it online?

What else are they going to do with their money? :urg: Oh dear. I won't answer that.

MMO Smash = fail.

Case and Point.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Well hell. When did our community become a group of people who simply bash the crap out of an innocent person? Not many people understand the gaming industry or development Eternalphoenixflame, however that's honestly not their problem. Yes, it is silly to believe that Nintendo can turn out something that huge in a short amount of time while retaining the formula that makes smash bros so amazing. But that's no reason to resort to calling someone a child. Anyways, on to the idea. Yeah, it's a possibility, but it'll have to be about 5 years from now or something. And more than likely from a different team. I do agree about the costume customizations though. There could be some kind of online bonus like in DOA4 or Tekken 5 where you gain points from winning or participating in online matches. Then maybe you can go and add glasses to your yoshi or make it so he looks like Croco. Anyways, I think that is about the extent to which your idea could materialize right now sadly. There's always possible downloadable side quests though which I think many people are over looking. It wouldn't take them too long to make, haha, a maple quest-esque adventure using the characters from the smash world. Sadly, they'd also have to have maple quest graphics as well. So it was a novel idea, just a little ahead of its time is all. Keep posting more ideas Yoshido!!

Sensai

Smash Master
AceMoney, thanks. I agree with you. It's never in my interest to bash someone personally, only to throw in an opinion on their ideas.

Keep thinking, Yoshido. We certainly don't need any more idiots on this forum. Just know that this idea, while unique, was not the greatest one ever.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Thats what what im doin sensia. And im really havin a hard time thinkin how a couple of guys are gonna stop me form thinkin ideas.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
PEOPLE the creator of this topic plays
MAPLESTORY :urg:

There is NO getting through to people who call maplestory an mmo.
these people don't think logically and ..... play maplestory (wtf)

SSBB will not be an MMO
BE HAPPY WITH STAMINA MODE
AND PRAY that they make it so you can have more than 150 HP this time.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
PEOPLE the creator of this topic plays
MAPLESTORY :urg:

There is NO getting through to people who call maplestory an mmo.
these people don't think logically and ..... play maplestory (wtf)
You just gotta be a real badass tough guy like me to play Maple Story, son.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
think logically? I dont play maplestory. used to for about 3 weeks. Then i stoped. But it was fun. What im sayin is i want a really deep adventure mode. And smash. Im think of some other stuff too. Like i said before. I want it to be sooo much better than the first.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I'd rather play runescape rofl.
whattt??? I cant stand runescape. Lol i tried to play it once. I couldn't get out of the lil help house. Then when i finally got out i was completely lost. I play FF XI for a while. But when you get to lv 30. The game just rely's to much on partying. Im not about to sit and wait and pay. To play a game. F that. On thing i did like about it though. Was the comunity.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
whattt??? I cant stand runescape. Lol i tried to play it once. I couldn't get out of the lil help house. Then when i finally got out i was completely lost. I play FF XI for a while. But when you get to lv 30. The game just rely's to much on partying. Im not about to sit and wait and pay. To play a game. F that. On thing i did like about it though. Was the comunity.
FFXI's community owns
Maplestory really takes years of training on mobs that give 100 xp a kill ( you nees around 1million xp a level after 50(omg i can't get my bro off this game)
Runescape only good for pking but better than maplestory.

All 3 blow lolbut lets not make this an MMO discussion

Well hell. When did our community become a group of people who simply bash the crap out of an innocent person? Not many people understand the gaming industry or development Eternalphoenixflame, however that's honestly not their problem. Yes, it is silly to believe that Nintendo can turn out something that huge in a short amount of time while retaining the formula that makes smash bros so amazing. But that's no reason to resort to calling someone a child. Anyways, on to the idea. Yeah, it's a possibility, but it'll have to be about 5 years from now or something. And more than likely from a different team. I do agree about the costume customizations though. There could be some kind of online bonus like in DOA4 or Tekken 5 where you gain points from winning or participating in online matches. Then maybe you can go and add glasses to your yoshi or make it so he looks like Croco. Anyways, I think that is about the extent to which your idea could materialize right now sadly. There's always possible downloadable side quests though which I think many people are over looking. It wouldn't take them too long to make, haha, a maple quest-esque adventure using the characters from the smash world. Sadly, they'd also have to have maple quest graphics as well. So it was a novel idea, just a little ahead of its time is all. Keep posting more ideas Yoshido!!
Ideas are all well and good,but even though i flamed to an extent,i don't use passive behavior to inform one of a bad idea. . . . . . . . . .It's just who i am. v_v

I still can't see why people would want an MMORPG.Tht time they use could be used o develop more characters,stages and develop better fighting mechanics.I would rather have them take the time to IMPROVE the current gameplay,rather than jump the gun with a new. . .

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Ideas are all well and good,but even though i flamed to an extent,i don't use passive behavior to inform one of a bad idea. . . . . . . . . .It's just who i am. v_v

I still can't see why people would want an MMORPG.Tht time they use could be used o develop more characters,stages and develop better fighting mechanics.I would rather have them take the time to IMPROVE the current gameplay,rather than jump the gun with a new. . .
Sorry we all dont want just an improved melee.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Scavimatum: Any more posts that say "no" or "**** no" with nothing to add will be warned.

Not that I see this topic going places, but lets not add to the spam, ok?

Sorry we all dont want just an improved melee.
And i requote. . . . .

The time they use could be used o develop more characters,stages and develop better fighting mechanics.I would rather have them take the time to IMPROVE the current gameplay,rather than jump the gun with a new. . .
Read through it. . . . . . .

And you don't understand,it isn't going to become another melee.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Scavimatum: Any more posts that say "no" or "**** no" with nothing to add will be warned.

Not that I see this topic going places, but lets not add to the spam, ok?
And here I was about to post a very eloquent "That's dumb."

Anyway, the reason that it's dumb is because Smash is a fighting game. Therefore, one might expect to do some fighting in said game, not, say, running around, collecting random objects to give to "people" who don't exist for no particular reason, so that you can then kill 5 Koopa Troopas and collect their heads (although keep in mind that all of them might not have heads, and you may in fact have to kill close to 20), and bring those heads to a guy who'll say "thanks" and give you money that can't actually be spent, all the while wondering why Smash sucks now.

MMORPGs get on my nerves. -_- Oh, and making a Smash MMetc. would be stupid.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
And here I was about to post a very eloquent "That's dumb."

Anyway, the reason that it's dumb is because Smash is a fighting game. Therefore, one might expect to do some fighting in said game, not, say, running around, collecting random objects to give to "people" who don't exist for no particular reason, so that you can then kill 5 Koopa Troopas and collect their heads (although keep in mind that all of them might not have heads, and you may in fact have to kill close to 20), and bring those heads to a guy who'll say "thanks" and give you money that can't actually be spent, all the while wondering why Smash sucks now.

MMORPGs get on my nerves. -_- Oh, and making a Smash MMetc. would be stupid.
ur takin the maplestory way to strongly. I used maple story as a example because their both 2d. Ive said before about how it would be an indepth adventure mode. And it wouldnt make smash suck. What is that what u think when you play 1player mode. Or cruel melee.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
And i requote. . . . .

Read through it. . . . . . .

And you don't understand,it isn't going to become another melee.
And like I've said. Im greedy. That doesnt cut it for me.. NOt saying if that all they have. I would play it. Im just sayin. With online. were goin to get to play alot more good smash. All the time. Its goin get old a little be quicker. But its still gonna be fun. And will still have tourneys. Its just they have to do more.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Do not double post. We have an edit button.

And I don't know anything about MapleStory. You don't have to have played MapleStory to know that MMORPGs get repetitive and boring very very quickly.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
the only way i could see something like this is a free for all in a side scrolling level like the first level in SSBM adventure mode... anyway, no.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
its an interesting idea...like someone said earlier it could b kinda like kingdom hearts...in where u get to travel to like a plethora of nintendo worlds...idk...but just being able to do a more in depth adventure mode with a partner could b extremely fun...especially if they soup up the bosses to make it more even since it'll b 2v1...its unlikely it'll happen...but im not against it at all...peace

-hiroshi
worst fl smasher

Sensai

Smash Master
Sakui said SSBB will have basic online function.
Link it or it didn't happen ('cause it didn't).

Just hope for a more immersive adventure mode. Anything besides that, especially this idea, is a bad one.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Something very specific needs to happen for this topic to stay open. Right now, the idea is much to broad and unrealistic to warrant further discussion.

But, what MMO elements could conceivably be put into the game? There is pretty much zero chance that they will waste resources on functionality like this (considering most people don't even believe they can get a text-based system working for online), but there are still possibilities.

Downloadable content =/= persistant world, though interactive lobbies are getting closer. For instance, you get a little avatar of your character to run around, and challenge people to a match. Don't want to play against fox? Well, then don't challenge any of the foxes walking around.

But again, the reason I left this topic open is the hope that it could spur some amount of creative discussion. But this idea is just so unrealistic, that it hasn't been able to. Even my watered down, slightly possible version is so unlikely that it's barely worth mentioning.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Something very specific needs to happen for this topic to stay open. Right now, the idea is much to broad and unrealistic to warrant further discussion.

But, what MMO elements could conceivably be put into the game? There is pretty much zero chance that they will waste resources on functionality like this (considering most people don't even believe they can get a text-based system working for online), but there are still possibilities.

Downloadable content =/= persistant world, though interactive lobbies are getting closer. For instance, you get a little avatar of your character to run around, and challenge people to a match. Don't want to play against fox? Well, then don't challenge any of the foxes walking around.

But again, the reason I left this topic open is the hope that it could spur some amount of creative discussion. But this idea is just so unrealistic, that it hasn't been able to. Even my watered down, slightly possible version is so unlikely that it's barely worth mentioning.
Hm i kind of see what your saying. But i dont think its sooo out of this world that its not even discusable. 80% of the post have eithere been from *******. And spam. All they say is. this is a bad idea. Stop it. IT would be a waste of time. MMO stupid. Thats as far as they went. Most of these people cant even see an adventure mode with depth. Since its somethin new. But differnt lets bash it. Grrr teh change is bad. But I will take your Advice and go more in depth with this idea. It'd probably save time too since i wouln't have to repeat my self

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Different is one thing, but none of the reasons you've given are in support of an MMO smash game. Beyond the fact that it simply isn't feasible, all of the features you described could be incorporated in other systems.

It's not entirely the room's fault that this topic hasn't fostered debate. It's also impossible to not focus on how... impossible it is. Part of it is the phrasing.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Interesting idea, but I will have to pass.

For one, Smash is a side-scroller Fighting game ment for quick matches filled with insanity, it's not the type of game you spend day and night in front of your TV to level up your orc mage to level 88 to get a dexterity of 54 and strength of 99 to wield the forbidden hammer of thor or something in those lines. Also, the Wii is supporting basic Wi-Fi, which is hardly capable of supporting as am much as an MMO like WoW. It just doesn't fit the way of smash, or slow-to-go-online Nintendo, for all that matter.

While interesting, the idea would probably flop if done. We should be thankful if we can have more than 4 people a fight online

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
ive posted and updated version. Tell me what you think. Lol although i know it probably even more unrealistic.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
SSBB will most likely stick to a strict one on one battle system. why would they waste their money creating somtehthing that fans would use for an hour at most then get bored of. and then what about those that dont have acces to internet, eh? Not going to happen....no way.

fluffy

Smash Champion
i buy smash because its no starcraft, wow, diablo, or any street fighter game.

i buy it cuz its...smash.

im into hardcore stuff like that =P

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
i buy smash because its no starcraft, wow, diablo, or any street fighter game.

i buy it cuz its...smash.

im into hardcore stuff like that =P
lol. Hey dont dis Street fighter. 3rd strike is nasty. The rest of those i dont care for. I tried starcraft once. Its just too long. too slow and boring.

Sensai

Smash Master
You don't like Starcraft...? What the hell is wrong with you people?

I think that Nintendo has a lot of different options with online, and I'm interested in seeing what they do. Surely they'll put in the normal modes of the game, but maybe they'll go a little further and throw in some extra stuff.

fluffy

Smash Champion
i like starcraft. its a good game. but im a noob at it so ppl keep flaming me and stuff.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
:O I'd change the title to a RPG mode
ENHANCE THE STAMINA MODE.

it was the only mode I played when I first leanred about it back in 2002 lol.

Top Bottom