• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not just a fighting game. But a world!

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I'm not on the RPG part, but I could see it working as MMO. You change features (such as colour) of existing characters to get your own unique one. Then you go out into the Smash Overworld where you can meet people and play them in matches or you could get people to walk with you to stages like pokemon stadium or the figure 8 racetrack. Give everyone a set of phrases they can use, like "battle?" or names of stages. That'd be the best way to use Nintendo's online service to the fullest, since they're so hellbent on ignoring communication.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
*smacks Yoshido* look at this big topic you started!

IMO Smashboards is the "world" already so... yeah...
lol rc. Thank you everyone for the support. Im gonna take a look at the email i wrote Nintendo in like 2002. Lol they answered back something like. SOrry we cant really use ur idea yet because of copy right problems. We do like the enthusiam. Somethin along those lines.. O and it ended with the broad statement of. Who knows what the future holds.
Lol it was so hard to read my own email. It was just 2 huge paragraphs. I wrote it when i was 14. Fremshen year at rideg view. 03. Im mad i said that i went to ridge and everything. It had one sentece about walkin around. Most of the secod pargrah was about yoshi geting better. And being able to use his tounge to grab attacks and stuff. It also had some stuff about stages and elements. Like fighting on swaying plaforms and such.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
I could see story mode working somewhat, where u choose ur char at the begining & meet up & team up with some of the other guys for a bit, but NO MMORPG! It just wouldn't work. Some of ur other ideas are good, like character and level customization, but NO MMORPG!

Even though minor changes have been made*which have actually made the idea worse*,this idea still sucks.

Level ups,item synthesis,stat boosting,item finding...how is that even smash bros? It's just an RPG with Nintendo chracters.Christ...why don't you go play Super Mario RPG for the SNES to tickle your RPG fancy.

I play some MMORPG's,but this takes the cake as the worse idea so far....I just pray to god that none of these suggestions come into play(Except for costume customization).

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Even though minor changes have been made*which have actually made the idea worse*,this idea still sucks.

Level ups,item synthesis,stat boosting,item finding...how is that even smash bros? It's just an RPG with Nintendo chracters.Christ...why don't you go play Super Mario RPG for the SNES to tickle your RPG fancy.

I play some MMORPG's,but this takes the cake as the worse idea so far....I just pray to god that none of these suggestions come into play(Except for costume customization).
Aww but you dont seem to realize that ur opinoin has no say what soever in the production of this idea. I mean if nothin at all comes from this idea into the next smash. I'd feall kinda bad. I mean the least they could do is put mutiplayer on adventure mode.

Top Bottom