• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Hmmm I can arrive via train at Manchester Piccadilly at 12:02. Is this fine? If so I'll book now.

Anyone up for any MMs?

I've got £5 with Oniboy so far. And £2.50 with Aiko has i owe him it anyway lol.

J03

Smash Master
well imo, you should prolly ask for housing coz i heard charles is staying at someones house the fri-sun.

so youll have to find out who is housing charles and ask them very nicely =/.

Aiko

Smash Champion
I'm going to gamerbase with Ryuken today.

I've decided I want to have pre-registrations this time as last time there was so many people, and if i wasnt organised, I dont think we would've finished.

Please tell me if you are definitely coming.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
I can definately make this Aiko :)
Hope everyone plays well at the tournement, its gunna have alot of people there, and alot of competition for top :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Me definitely, arrive at 12:02 as i said before:). Look forward to this.

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
these events are too good

i really want to go to this

but if i do go anyone want to MM me

Aiko

Smash Champion
i think quite a few people are yes. I'll probs go home to make some space for bolton. may be able to house 1 person too...

J03

Smash Master
ant, i wants you here =(. your right though obv some space may be needed. imo see how many people turn up before deciding if you need to go home to save space

Aiko

Smash Champion
since you've not been in the loop, Edwin (tears of sephiroth/retroking2000) is violent jack because his other account got banned.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Finally confirming myself for this and stuff.

I think i'll just get a train from Leeds and back on the day this time, instead of trecking from Congleton with a suitcase that gets in the way. :laugh:

The 22nd is gonna be huge. Can't wait!

Aiko

Smash Champion
Heres the current situation on Gamerbase:

Some of you may have heard about the Street Fighter 4 Ranbats Gamerbase have been holding. They used to be a weekly thing in London and Manchester had a big SF4 tournament last Sunday. Because of the large numbers of people this attracted (in London) it caused massive safety issues. Also, Gamerbase is a business. They weren't making that much profit out of these tournaments, as most of the players would just enter the ranbat and then never go back to Gamerbase, so Gamerbase has decided to cancel the SF4 ranbats as they considered it a lot of effort for too little return.

So far this hasn't directly affected Manchester, however, a big concern was that Gamerbase wouldn't allow us to do smash anymore. Chris (the tech guy in charge) has said the 22nd is guaranteed. Whether the future ranbats can be held depends on how well we can organise the 22nd, how well the manchester SF4 tourney went, and utlimately, decision from the London bosses.

So what can we do to help our cause?

1. Keep the entrance freed up as much as possible, so regulars and customers can come in.
2. Keep the number of players to a controlled level.
3. Make it as profitable for Gamerbase as possible.

This is the reason for me having pre-registrations. I need an idea of how many people will attend to conserve as much space possible. I think the maximum I would have would be 24 (32 if I really had to). This means that if it gets big enough where people from out of region would take it above the limit, I would have to say no to them, which would be a shame, but would be necessary to keep the ranbats here. At the very least, out of regioners would be low priority.

Also, as I did last time (to make it profitable for Gamerbase), any extra money I made from venue went towards awards, with the prize being time on Gamerbase accounts. This will not change.

Anyway, with a that said here is a list of preregistered players. In future, all Ranbats held at Gamerbase will require pre-reg here.

Registered Players

Aiko
Blinky
Calzorz
NilliX
Oniboy
RyuKen!
Smudge
Yeniths

Fuzzyness
Kira!
Makomako

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
NilliX - Leeds Metropolitan Uni
Cpt Smashie - Leeds Uni

INSTANT RIVALRY FOR REASONS UNKNOWN TO EITHER EDUCATIONAL BODY.
Probably because we're better at Sports.
<.<
>.>
^.^

Aiko

Smash Champion
these stages have been added to the counterpick list

• Luigis Mansion
  • Corneria
  • Norfair
  • Distant Planet

Smudge

Smash Lord
NilliX - Leeds Metropolitan Uni
Cpt Smashie - Leeds Uni

INSTANT RIVALRY FOR REASONS UNKNOWN TO EITHER EDUCATIONAL BODY.
Probably because we're better at Sports.
<.<
>.>
^.^
Maybe the same reason why Everton and Liverpool are rivals.

One came first, then the second one came and tried to take the main Uni position.

Or on has all the hot chicks as the others jealous, who knows.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a prick! Honest... At least I hope not anyway.
Compared to the rest of the meat-heads here, I'm sensible. That's saying something! :lick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom