• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, first post on this forum just posting purly to find out were to register for this tourney at gamerbase. Do i register in this thread or a different thread?

Aiko

Smash Champion
Hey Jankai, just register here. As long as you confirm you will definitely be attending then you're name is on the list :)

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i can definatly say i'm attending :) i have a few other friends who will be intersted aswell so can i register there names here on saturday aswell?

Aiko

Smash Champion
Ryuken, jankai: anyone free today to play? may be able to have a couple of people over at mine to play. will be able to drive you home or at the very least, to the train station.

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
I've got 3 others for the tourney on sunday. Gamer names are Pit, Jim and Bu5h all three of these people are definatly coming including myself :)

Sorry i missed you post Aiko just got on my laptop :( thanks for the offer should mabe be up for it next saturday? Gonna be staying in with friends to get some practise in ;)

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
I'm definately bringing my wii this time so all the finals can be recorded and uploaded

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I only have a japanese version of Brawl, but I will bring my Wii if they TVs there display it in colour?

On a side note, my controller broke! Uhh, I've ordered a tri-wing screwdriver, I hope it comes in time lol.

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
Ryuken, jankai: anyone free today to play? may be able to have a couple of people over at mine to play. will be able to drive you home or at the very least, to the train station.
Sorry I didn't reply to your post Ant my laptop is broke (replying from college) If your free friday
we could have some games in gamerbase.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I might be able to make this... it's a really bad date for me though (Dads birthday day before, then mothers day on the ranbat >_>). I'll try my best. =]

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Thanks Ant, if the screwdriver hasn't arrived by saturday, I'll tell you then could you bring yours? I know whats wrong with it.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I got one as well if you somehow see me before seeing Ant lol.

also I checked I think that Melee you have is mine. Also could you check if your cube has a pokemon stadium memory card inside it? It's got ink on it.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeah i have the memory card also, are you coming to this? I'll bring it with me if you are.

Ohh I managed to fix my controller, but the stick is different so it has a different feel lol, will get used to it soon enough.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
nah I cant make this one unfortunately, not really a rush though so don't worry about it. I should be at the next one

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Anyone arriving around 12? would be nice to walk with someone to HMV, as this thing starts at 11? so I'd already be late. Directions seem simple enough tho, if I run into any trouble I will give someone a ring.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Update:

Prices will be:

£5 venue
£3 tournament

Pools are guaranteed.

4 pools, top 2 progress to DE.

*Norfair will NOT be on the counterpick list.
*Corneria, Luigis Mansion and Distant planet will still remain.

Registered Players

Aiko
Blinky
Bush
Calzorz
Jankai
Jim
NilliX
Oniboy
Pit
RyuKen!
Smudge
Yeniths

Fuzzyness
Kira!
Makomako

Aiko

Smash Champion
For those who aren't staying the night before, or aren't local, what time are you guys arriving?

Charles - Friday 7:15pm
Yeniths - Sunday 12:00pm

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
ಥ_ಥ No Norfair???? I was hoping to counterpick that against a certain someone

Aiko

Smash Champion
Sorry mako baby :(

Me and blinky tested it out over the weekend and planking on it is FAR too broken. More broken than on the other 3 stages.

Aiko

Smash Champion
the only major hazard on it is the walk off side on the left. I played this ste#agevs blinky with chaingrab-able matchups eg falco vs snake. Its not too bad, provided you stay away from the edges. Its a counterpick, but its not abusable.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Last time we had about 1 and half hours of friendlies over all with 20 people and 3 tvs.

This time I have 15 people confirmed with 4 tvs so we should get this done quicker.

North Vs South Crew Match will be happening too.

Aiko

Smash Champion
The total you will pay is £8

£5 from each player goes towards funding for TV hire and space from gamerbase (basically venue fee).

£3 goes towards the tournament pot, which will be split amongst the top 3 players 60/30/10 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Any extra money from venue costs goes towards giving prizes to people, such as best newcomer, most improved etc.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
distant planet? wth lool you might as well put skyworld in there too then lol

ridiculous (i have a feeling i spelt that wrong)

Aiko

Smash Champion
no no, ridiculous was spelt fine. And distant planet isnt that bad. You havent played it enough :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom