• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest Majors V feat. Northwest Manifest 2! - June 8th, 2013 - Des Moines, WA

omgwtfToph

Smash Master

The sequel to the highly acclaimed SSBM regional Northwest Manifest. This time around, the Northwest Manifest tournament merges with the Northwest Majors series to bring you an even better tournament experience! Featuring the best players from the West Coast and the filthiest community of Melee players you will meet!

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
https://www.facebook.com/events/466405390096964/?ref=ts&fref=ts

REGISTRATION IS LIVE!
http://northwestmajors.com/register

Today until MAY 21st: $25
MAY 22nd UNTIL MAY 31st: $35
AT THE DOOR** (Before event) registration on JUNE 7th: $45

**At the door registration will NOT GUARANTEE regional seeding. Registrations on that day will be placed into brackets on an entry by entry basis, filling in open spots, and if needed, expanding brackets to accommodate.

EVENTS

Super Street Fighter 4: AE2012 ($15)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ($15)
Tekken TAG Tournament 2 ($10)
The King of Fighters 13 ($10)
Persona 4: Arena ($10)
Mortal Kombat ($10)
Street Fighter x Tekken ($10)
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles ($15)
Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles ($20/team)

SCHEDULE (subject to change)

SATURDAY, JUNE 8th
Melee 2v2 and 1v1 Pools
Pools for AE and Marvel
Brackets down to Top 8-ish for all other games

SUNDAY, JUNE 9th
Finals for all Events that we plan to Live Stream (TBD)

ACCOMMODATIONS

AIRPORT:
Seattle-Tacoma Airport (Airport code SEA)

SUGGESTED HOTEL:
Best Western Plaza by the Green
24415 Russell Road
Kent, Washington, 98032
253/854-8767
CODE: Highline gets you $89 room per night
Free WiFi, Shuttle Service to the Venue and Continental Breakfast

However, if you are traveling from out-of-state and require housing, please post in this thread or acquire with Silent Wolf or Bladewise, and we will do our best to accommodate you!

RULES

General rules are located at the website: http://northwestmajors.com/rules
Melee-specific rules:
  • Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
  • The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
  • Double Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick the stage they most recently won on.
  • No bans in a best-of-5 set.
  • Gentleman's Clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages.
  • Wobbling is LEGAL (even for people not named Boback)
  • Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
anyone know if i still have to prereg if i just wanna spectate and friendlies and ****?

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Def start to REGISTER ASAP!! Reg Fee goes up in a couple of days!

We expect about 400 attendees in all for this event. NWM4 had about 250 without any Melee.

With the increased entry fee for Melee, AE and Marvel, we should get some top talent at this event. We are one of the only Majors doing $15 entry for games. FChamp is confirmed. Some top Tekken and VF guys are also.

A ton of you came to Manifest at GameClucks last year, this year we could easily blow that number up with a legit venue space !!

But please register before the Reg Fee goes up. Its $25 right now, will be $35 in a few days.

Spectator Fee is $10 if you plan to play casuals/friendlies.

Project M is not an official NWM event, but if you are Registered for NWM or have a Spect Pass, a side event for P:M can be run also.

THANKS!

Zodiac

Smash Master
I can come to this, and stream it. (Zodiac=Mofat on AIB) Looking for a carpool atm.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
why dont major tournaments list the elite players g oing to this?

who else aside from wa?

norcal?

mango?

wes?

Zodiac

Smash Master
Hey guys, I am hoping to find some housing, I know its last minute but I didn't about the tournament until a couple days ago (foo's clued me in)

Top Bottom