• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northeastern Ohio Melee Rankings - Updated for Summer season October 19, 2015

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'll assume that you mean Romney, in which case, no, you cannot.

If you do mean Rommey, then no, I do not accept your sexual favors (or whatever a Rommey is).

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
What else is there in PA?

There's like... Pittsburgh....
And philidelphia...
And probably another one that starts with the letter "P."

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
On a completely unrelated note, I am probably going to be making a site that is like SSBPD, except you can also run tournaments on it in browser. Since I'll be using a swiss system instead of pools/bracket, it'll produce accurate ratings if used repeatedly at smashfests, but it won't be good for huge tournaments. I am also going to set it up so I can enter individual match results in it (so if player A beats player B in a tournament or MM outside smashfest tournaments, I can just enter that single win and it'll effect ratings.)

tl;dr, we use this when we run smashfest tournaments to get an accurate, mathematically based power rankings so we don't have to sit around arguing.

Would you guys actually want to use this, or should I not bother? Ratings probably won't be accurate until a person has about 7-8 matches recorded, but after that they should stay pretty accurate.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Not really, I have to do a semester project for one of my classes, so I have to make an extensive website either way. If I make this my project, it can actually be useful.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
also your school may have accounts on lynda.com, which is useful.

learn basic HTML as a starting point IMO

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
Okay. I still don't think you understand that just because Tony beats me doesn't mean he's better.

Oh no, I lost a moneymatch in a close set.
I still made it out of my R1 pools, and finished higher than him. No disrespect to Tony.
I live in Ashtabula on weekends, making me completely acceptable on the list.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I remember you losing multiple moneymatches in a row to tony and me, but whatever. Placing higher in pools means even less, because all pools are not equally difficult.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
I lost one to him, and one to you.
One.

If by some miracle I managed to beat VaNz in a moneymatch, I should be number 1, right?

Top Bottom